The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1441  
Old 08-02-2018, 11:08 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Moose Jaw, Canada
Posts: 288
I think heads together might be too much of a direct response from the palace to the Markles and could be potentially seen as a self-serving campaign for both Meghan and the royal foundation (I wouldn't agree with the argument but I can see the logic). I am also not a fan of the umbrella foundation they are currently campaigning where organizations come together under the royal foundation (thats a WHOLE other conversation)

I think working together with an existing charity with existing resources that would help highlight these issues and be a more subtle and effective approach rather than starting a whole new campaign from the royal foundation.

Though it is unlikely to happen it also allows a third party to exist where if the Markles do something a spokesperson for the charity can be approached by the media for a response and CAN comment on why what they are doing is harmful and what is the best response in situations like this.

I also like that it works with youth and it would be focused towards empowerment which is the niche Meghan and Harry are working towards.
__________________

  #1442  
Old 08-02-2018, 11:18 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fros View Post
Though it is unlikely to happen it also allows a third party to exist where if the Markles do something a spokesperson for the charity can be approached by the media for a response and CAN directly talk about why what they are doing is harmful and what is the best response.
This would defeat the purpose totally of dealing with the Markles. It would, in effect, be making them the poster children and putting them into even more limelight than they already are. These are discontented people out to get attention and cash from whatever source they can possibly hit on no matter how foolish it makes them look. They are on a fool's mission that doesn't need to be fed.

The best way to handle the Markles is already being done by not acknowledging them or giving them any kind of recognition whatsoever.
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #1443  
Old 08-02-2018, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,709
Had a good laugh today when browsing the Daily Mail's Royal articles: since when are we as a collective a "close friend" of Meghan's? For they just repeat this whole discussion here including the speculations as if it as the pure truth out of the mouth of a Meghan-"friend".
But have fun yourself!
Meghan Markle and her father will never reconcile, friend claims | Daily Mail Online
  #1444  
Old 08-02-2018, 01:53 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Moose Jaw, Canada
Posts: 288
This is the second Meghan's friend article and they continue to puzzle me. Better to just stay completely quiet the last one had a quote that said "don't feel sorry for her dad, feel sorry for Meghan" which I doubt is the message KP wants to send out and why I can't take them seriously as sanctioned leaks by the palace.
  #1445  
Old 08-02-2018, 02:04 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 304
Obviously these 'exclusive articles' by the Daily Fail are made up.. It's not rocket science, they serve a purpose - to prolong the coverage and hopefully get a rise out of those Markle Morons. Even if a 'friend'/ insider leak would take place why the hell would they take it to the vile and disgusting place that is the Fail? No paper smeared, dehumanised, demeaned and incited abused towards Meghan more than that propaganda tabloid.
btw, it still boggles my mind what putrid media laws we have in this country.

The only realistic 'sanctioned leak' I can think of is to the Telegraph about Mr Narcissus Sr's wedding attire being resold.
  #1446  
Old 08-02-2018, 02:18 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
The only realistic 'sanctioned leak' I can think of is to the Telegraph about Mr Narcissus Sr's wedding attire being resold.
Actually I don't think that story was a sanctioned leak either. The source that confirms the purchase of the clothing that was being made for Mr. Markle came from the purchaser, himself. Johnno Spence.

At least the clothes came to some good use.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #1447  
Old 08-02-2018, 02:44 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
More than likley the friend is someone like Priddy who more than likely barely knows Meghan but on the DM payroll in order to advance and keep the story going.


KP should perhaps release something saying that anything regarding the father will be done privately.
  #1448  
Old 08-02-2018, 03:09 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,537
KP should do exactly what they are doing now....NOTHING! Do not give the Markles any attention to suggest that they warrant some sort of importance! The BRF are on holidays....the tabloids need to make up stories to fill column inches, get clicks and comments from their base!
  #1449  
Old 08-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
We have watched for ourselves as Sr. managed to behave well for a good year and a half then, seemingly overnight, explode into a tabloid-courting monster of bizarre choices and ill-advised interviews.
Perhaps managing restraint for a long while until he just can’t contain his worst impulses is his pattern of behavior.

If that pattern held true for Sr. and Doria’s relationship she would hardly be the first person to be swept off her feet by a seemingly kind and reliable lover, only to discover the personality she’d fallen for was really just a mask.
common sense response

Quote:
...but ignored it because of what he had to offer (as someone in the tv industry 12 years her senior)?
Perhaps the more appropriate question would be to ask why it is people like that often target/select partners much much younger than they are. Maybe because the usual targets are so much more malleable and naive to certain masked behaviors before manifestation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
KP should do exactly what they are doing now....NOTHING! Do not give the Markles any attention to suggest that they warrant some sort of importance! The BRF are on holidays....the tabloids need to make up stories to fill column inches, get clicks and comments from their base!
I agree. And if it warrants, let the legal teams step in. The Royals need do nothing when deviants repeatedly make a show of themselves.
  #1450  
Old 08-02-2018, 03:32 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
The "friend exclusive" is more than likely made up or a "friend" who barely knows Meghan that they pay. P. Mrgan is in LA he was on a show called The Talk and the primary information he talked about was the "friend" which was something they made up to advance the narrative. PM doubled down on the poor befuddled privileged dad vs. Meghan who cuts people out of her life narrative. I suspect another ambush on Monday. PM is determined to cape for this abuser.
  #1451  
Old 08-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Moose Jaw, Canada
Posts: 288
The only clear strategy I can see so far from the BRF towards Meghan's family issue is that seems to be an emphasis on Meghan doing family events. Starting from spending christmas as a fiancee at Sandringham to now after the wedding going on a solo trip with the Queen early on and most of her events (minus Ireland tour) have been family events.

They really emphasize on family events for Meghan so far which I think is frustrating for people who want to see her do solo events quickly but Meghan's biggest issue isn't whether she will work or not (she showed how during the engagement period how many events she attended) her issue is her family so they seem to really be making sure she gets to all of them and seen with them prominently as a part of the BRF.
  #1452  
Old 08-02-2018, 07:08 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,784
I think Meghan attending family events is the BRF's way of saying they support her and they are not going to throw her over the side because of her mean spirited family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
The "friend exclusive" is more than likely made up or a "friend" who barely knows Meghan that they pay. P. Mrgan is in LA he was on a show called The Talk and the primary information he talked about was the "friend" which was something they made up to advance the narrative. PM doubled down on the poor befuddled privileged dad vs. Meghan who cuts people out of her life narrative. I suspect another ambush on Monday. PM is determined to cape for this abuser.
Piers has egg on his face for defending this hot mess of a father so he has to save face. Frankly, I think the media is fully aware of Dad and they set up these long interviews to build up the Markles to take them down. The Markles are not represented by attorneys or publicists and they are easy pickings. Someone is going to unearth really bad on them and watch Piers and company turn on them.
  #1453  
Old 08-02-2018, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Piers has a very different reputation in US and UK. He's been here enough that some would recognize the name, but not enough for people to know how he truly is.

His position on the family issue is quite simple, whoever will speak to him is the side he's on. And of course, his natural desire to knock the royal family a little.
  #1454  
Old 08-02-2018, 10:02 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,123
Piers Morgan's claim to fame right now in the US seems to be interviewing serial killers. Other than seeing the trailers for that TV show, I've really not seen or heard much of Piers Morgan here in the US.

So, if he's interviewing serial killers and fanning the flames of discontented e(strange)d family of a new British royal, it definitely puts the term "sensationalism journalist" as a tag to his name. Not the type I'd consider taking serious by any means.

But that's just me.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #1455  
Old 08-02-2018, 10:15 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fros View Post
The only clear strategy I can see so far from the BRF towards Meghan's family issue is that seems to be an emphasis on Meghan doing family events. Starting from spending christmas as a fiancee at Sandringham to now after the wedding going on a solo trip with the Queen early on and most of her events (minus Ireland tour) have been family events.

They really emphasize on family events for Meghan so far which I think is frustrating for people who want to see her do solo events quickly but Meghan's biggest issue isn't whether she will work or not (she showed how during the engagement period how many events she attended) her issue is her family so they seem to really be making sure she gets to all of them and seen with them prominently as a part of the BRF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I think Meghan attending family events is the BRF's way of saying they support her and they are not going to throw her over the side because of her mean spirited family.
I think the Christmas issue was merely a result of normal family dynamics. When William and Catherine were engaged he worked Christmas Day and Catherine spent it with her family. This option was clearly not an option for Meghan as she was in the UK with no family and so so the engaged couple did the normal thing. They spent it with Harry's family.

The fact that Harry's immediate family have taken her to their heart and seem to honestly care about her is the ultimate bonus for both Harry and Meghan and the ultimate disappointment for the Tabloids. Since then the BRF has demonstratively surrounded Meghan and become very protective when her father joined the angry chorus of her siblings venting their own hatred and envy upon her publically and with an almost unbelievable degree of malicious glee.

The determination to protect her is seen in any engagements she attends, a supportive and loving Harry, a comforting and warm Queen and she is never alone at present and is further from the media. After the innocent tweet debacle, they are not leaving anything to chance. Certainly not putting her in a position where some journo can get close enough to call her out on her family.

I guess we all now know how true Harry's comment was about her enjoying a real family Christmas.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #1456  
Old 08-02-2018, 10:27 PM
Tarlita's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,207
Piers interviews with serial killers has been on our tv screens for a long time. Since at least last year before the engagement. Piers does a great job annoying the heck out of serial killers to the point where one stood up and walked away from him and the interview.
I haven't seen everyone just snippets. Not the sort of viewing to make me happy or entertained.

Although this morning i switched off the auto prediction thingy for when i am typing. And i am still having issues with my tablet. Now i could easily become a sbehrial killer and toss tkhis thing zalong with my computer and laptop into our muddy creek!!!!
N oncean O. No ocean close enough. Ha!
  #1457  
Old 08-02-2018, 11:31 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Moose Jaw, Canada
Posts: 288
I don't buy the excuse that the reason journalists aren't allowed close enough to listen in on conversations is because they'll try to ask about her family.

The journalists who travel with them are part of a press pack that has traveled with all the royals for years. They know their job at these events is simply to observe. They don't try for gotcha moments because they know they will be swiftly removed from the regular rota where they have actually spent years trying to build up some form of a working professional relationship with the royals.

I think it's just the standard procedure for new royals. As Palmer said they did the same with Kate in the beginning as well.
  #1458  
Old 08-03-2018, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Except they didn’t do it with Meghan in the beginning. She attended about 20 some events during engagement, and this wasn’t happening at those events. Meghan didn’t just start going to events after the wedding. I find it hard to believe that you wouldn’t want to protect someone the most at the very beginning, yet decide to do so after two dozen or so events without an incident. The only thing that’s changed that would cause them to go overly protective is the situation with her family. Reporters do ask questions about current going ons related to other members of the royal family at engagements. Perhaps it is felt that they should be safe rather than sorry and took that step. They obviously did that with Kate for different reason, but the same method can be used.
  #1459  
Old 08-03-2018, 10:30 AM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think the Christmas issue was merely a result of normal family dynamics. When William and Catherine were engaged he worked Christmas Day and Catherine spent it with her family. This option was clearly not an option for Meghan as she was in the UK with no family and so so the engaged couple did the normal thing. They spent it with Harry's family.

The fact that Harry's immediate family have taken her to their heart and seem to honestly care about her is the ultimate bonus for both Harry and Meghan and the ultimate disappointment for the Tabloids. Since then the BRF has demonstratively surrounded Meghan and become very protective when her father joined the angry chorus of her siblings venting their own hatred and envy upon her publically and with an almost unbelievable degree of malicious glee.

The determination to protect her is seen in any engagements she attends, a supportive and loving Harry, a comforting and warm Queen and she is never alone at present and is further from the media. After the innocent tweet debacle, they are not leaving anything to chance. Certainly not putting her in a position where some journo can get close enough to call her out on her family.

I guess we all now know how true Harry's comment was about her enjoying a real family Christmas.
What is the "innocent tweet debacle"?
  #1460  
Old 08-03-2018, 11:31 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Flint, United States
Posts: 14
I find it interesting that the people most hateful to her , are her family members. The only relative to go to her wedding was her mom. She has no family members in a new country. I find that sad. Her Mom arrive 3 days before her wedding and left immediately after. I am really curious to know why no other family members beside her mom was at the wedding. It’s even more disturbing to have a father talk about his daughter this way.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background sara1981 The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 3057 04-05-2021 07:27 AM
The Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Duke & Duchess of Sussex ghost_night554 British Royals 574 09-07-2019 12:14 AM




Popular Tags
abdication america anastasia anastasia once upon a time archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism biography bridal gown britain british british royal family china chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy doge of venice doll dubai duke of sussex facts family life fashion and style george vi gustaf vi adolf hello! imperial household intro italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery king edward vii king willem-alexander książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg mary: crown princess of denmark meghan markle nepalese royal jewels plantinum jubilee prince constantijn prince dimitri princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess ribha queen consort queen mathilde queen maxima random facts royal ancestry royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding royal wedding gown serbian royal family solomon j solomon speech suthida taiwan tradition uae customs united states of america wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×