The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think the benefit would outweigh the downside of engaging. At this point, it's obvious that these people have no credibility. As for those that wants to believe everything negative about Meghan despite common sense, they wouldn't believe KP anyways. :lol:

The best strategy is actually for the Sussexes to come back strong to work in the fall.

They have debunked false statements made about other royals. And as we see these small false statements can combine to create a false narrative.

They can't stop those people from talking but they can post a stronger defense.

They have debunked false statements made about other royals. And as we see these small false statements can combine to create a false narrative.

They can't stop those people from talking but they can post a stronger defense.

About what though? I mean usually it has to be pretty serious in nature, like criminal, for them to comment. Meghan's half-sister who is known to spew vile things doesn't qualify. As for the whole she's not talking to her father and her half-siblings. Well, she's not and it's understandable as to why.:lol:

About what though? I mean usually it has to be pretty serious in nature, like criminal, for them to comment. Meghan's half-sister who is known to spew vile things doesn't qualify. As for the whole she's not talking to her father and her half-siblings. Well, she's not and it's understandable as to why.:lol:

I agree. It would be pointless to put out any statements, because this strategy of ignoring the Markles is driving the markles crazy, shows, that they have no impact and credibility. The only noise is coming from the markles, and they can't keep their own stories straight.
And, the markles haven't really said anything, that would be worthy of a statement. It would create a tit for tat, the markles would argue back, and it would just prolong the length the markles will get attention.

:previous:
I completely agree with you, if KP said anything then it would be *he said/she said* situation and would continue on and on. The way Meghan and Harry and KP are doing so far is working, you never talk back to someone whom you know for a fact will not listen or does not care to listen. This is now not about Mehgan, this is all about The Markle's, this is their time on the world stage and they are not going to give that up even if Meghan gave them everything they want....heck they have the media in their back pockets, on all different forums around the world, and money coming in.......they will fight like hell to keep that coming in at all cost.

And really here, just what are the Markles saying..........NOTHING but bad mouthing Meghan, don't you think people in general are going to get sick of reading and hearing about someone bad mouthing another person......this is NOT NEWS....it is NOISE as my sister says. In this type of situation all Meghan can do is *turn her back and walk away with her head held high* for that shows who she is and what she is about...

The best strategy is actually for the Sussexes to come back strong to work in the fall.

Agreed.

Right now there is nothing to counteract the nonsense. Remember how Thomas had his big GMB interview and the next day was Ascot and it was all but forgotten? Once the royals are back to work there will be nonstop news to drown out the Markles.

Also it is clear people are over them. Yes they will report it but the tone is different. Correspondents are calling each other out for covering them. Publications are making it clear they don't agree with them. Yada yada. So stands are happening.

They can have August to rant until they pass out. The fall won't be so easy though I am sure they will try.

I personally don't believe that KP should ever engage in a debate with the Markle clan over their lies. Why should they lower themselves to their level. There would be absolutely no benefit to mankind for a war of words between them. Would never change anyone's opinion whatever side they are on. The ones that feel sorry for Tom Markle, Sr will still think he has been wronged by his Hollywood bitch daughter and her new wealthy family who's photos are known around the world. He will play the quasi saint in all this feeling no one gave him the privileged position he felt he should now have. Many feel the royals did him wrong and Meghan and Harry were 100% to blame. The other side will always see him as a bully who is manipulated by a nasty malicious jealous older daughter and son that are money hungry and demand to be compensated for being a half siblings of a new royal.

Nope, I will actually be disappointed if KP says one word. Meghan needs no public defense. Tom Sr and Samantha [Tom Jr just a tag along for the wanted wealth and glory] started all this. Well, mostly Samantha in very beginning and her pushing her brother along with all those silly letters but at least Tom Sr held his tongue then. I am sure Samantha's daily phone calls and pounding her point of view into daddy's ear demanding their place in society and the respect they now should be enjoying [not even counting their new way of making loads of money doing absolutely nothing but yelling their demands to the press] pushed daddy to think he should be put on same level as Meghan's new father-in-law in the eyes of the world.

Just my opinion, but if KP gives into their demands now, it will be no better than parents of a spoiled child who has a tantrum in public yelling for a toy for hours and so the stupid mother gives in and purchases the expensive thing just to shut him up. Everyone knows that has set a bar and anytime the brat wants something the same scene will happen until the now reprehensible child eventually gets his/her way once again. JMHO

Not engaging the clan but the claims made on their behalf to the papers. Like that big lie Meghan meeting with Sr. in August.

They can easily debunk low hanging fruit.

This really shouldn’t have to be spelt out, but things that are off topic for this thread:

• Royal finances, including how the BRF is funded, how much public and/or taxpayer money they receive, and the operating of the Duchies of Cornwall and Lancaster
• Who does and who does not receive bells rung for them on their birthdays, and the reasons why
• The Cambridge Family. It should go without saying that that includes the Middleton and Matthews families as well, but I’m going to state it anyways

Posts that are on topic are those discussing the Markle and Ragland families.

Off topic posts have been deleted as such.

Last edited:
I personally don't believe that KP should ever engage in a debate with the Markle clan over their lies. Why should they lower themselves to their level. There would be absolutely no benefit to mankind for a war of words between them. Would never change anyone's opinion whatever side they are on. The ones that feel sorry for Tom Markle, Sr will still think he has been wronged by his Hollywood bitch daughter and her new wealthy family who's photos are known around the world. He will play the quasi saint in all this feeling no one gave him the privileged position he felt he should now have. Many feel the royals did him wrong and Meghan and Harry were 100% to blame. The other side will always see him as a bully who is manipulated by a nasty malicious jealous older daughter and son that are money hungry and demand to be compensated for being a half siblings of a new royal.

Nope, I will actually be disappointed if KP says one word. Meghan needs no public defense. Tom Sr and Samantha [Tom Jr just a tag along for the wanted wealth and glory] started all this. Well, mostly Samantha in very beginning and her pushing her brother along with all those silly letters but at least Tom Sr held his tongue then. I am sure Samantha's daily phone calls and pounding her point of view into daddy's ear demanding their place in society and the respect they now should be enjoying [not even counting their new way of making loads of money doing absolutely nothing but yelling their demands to the press] pushed daddy to think he should be put on same level as Meghan's new father-in-law in the eyes of the world.

Just my opinion, but if KP gives into their demands now, it will be no better than parents of a spoiled child who has a tantrum in public yelling for a toy for hours and so the stupid mother gives in and purchases the expensive thing just to shut him up. Everyone knows that has set a bar and anytime the brat wants something the same scene will happen until the now reprehensible child eventually gets his/her way once again. JMHO
I do agree that KP should stay above the fray in all this. Not commenting is probably the best thing to do at this point. I do feel for Meghan though, I can't imagine what she is going through. It's a good think that she has a steady parent in her Mother. Doria, IMO, has acted so regally, from the engagement through to the marriage ceremony, and even now we hear nothing about her.

Not engaging the clan but the claims made on their behalf to the papers. Like that big lie Meghan meeting with Sr. in August.

They can easily debunk low hanging fruit.

That would be engaging though. Why would they want to bother on such a petty thing--much better to ignore it. It makes it less important to not acknowledge it.

Agreed....Harry, Meghan and KP are absolutely correct in not engaging the Markles because it would give them more oxygen in the media than they are getting now. The story would keep going on and on. Right now, the Markles have NO CONTACT with Meghan. They have nothing new to share. The best thing to do is to keep it that way.

If KP got into a back and forth with the Markles....they would be given far more attention and their 'stories/lies' would garner more oxygen and staying power. Treating the Markles like the unimportant and irrelevant people that they are who are not worthy of any response from Harry, Meghan and KP is the correct strategy.

Let the Markles huff, puff, scream and shout while the BRF are on holiday. By the time Harry and Meghan start back their official agenda, stories about the Markles will quickly pass in the tabloid cycle.

Last edited by a moderator:
The royals are winning with the current strategy, not taking the bait from the Markles and the media. The Markles not so much. The new Daily Mail article to start a new screed

Meghan Markle hasn't spoken to her dad because he hasn't contacted her in a 'respectful manner' | Daily Mail Online

The Markles are being baited like bears and not fair - to the bears.

Oh just another pity me party for Sr and all he has done for Meghan and then to try to use Doria as a means of getting to Meghan......nothing new, same ole, same ole Sr.

I don't know if Samantha will be on BB for sure but apparently according to her daughter noel on twitter she is in the UK and in Sam's recent tweets the date has been showing up in the UK format not the US format. She could just be in the UK for other trashy interviews too

I don't know if Samantha will be on BB for sure but apparently according to her daughter noel on twitter she is in the UK and in Sam's recent tweets the date has been showing up in the UK format not the US format. She could just be in the UK for other trashy interviews too

That person is not Noel.

Just wondering for wouldn't it be easy for someone like a reporter to go check that out by going by her home in Florida or wouldn't she be on a list of people flying to England, you just can't pick up and go to anywhere in the world without someone in the gov knowing about it. Airlines do keep list of people flying....or this could be another story of Sam's to thicken the plot. Or maybe she is stalking/visiting out Meghan and Harry in Cotswold.........we never know what Sam is going to do or say.....

That person is not Noel.

Just wondering how do we know that? Not knowing the relationship between Sam and Noel, I don't know what to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering for wouldn't it be easy for someone like a reporter to go check that out by going by her home in Florida or wouldn't she be on a list of people flying to England, you just can't pick up and go to anywhere in the world without someone in the gov knowing about it. Airlines do keep list of people flying....or this could be another story of Sam's to thicken the plot. Or maybe she is stalking/visiting out Meghan and Harry in Cotswold.........we never know what Sam is going to do or say.....

Samantha hasn't been staying in Florida in the entire time. She was in Roanoke for a bit and there are rumors of her in Virginia Beach in that DM article. Even if people in government know someone is traveling, they aren't allowed to disclose that information. She is entitled to some privacy even if she has no respect for her half-sister's.

Thanks Jacqui, I did not know Sam was traveling around to different places. Being in a wheelchair maybe it is somewhat difficult for her to go from place to place....or else all the money she has made off Meghan is making her traveling first class.....:whistling:

And I have as much respect for Sam as she has for Meghan........what she has put out will surely come back to her 10fold.

I hope no one goes to check for the whereabouts of Samantha or TM. If they pop up on CBB, then they do, but there's no need to stalk them.

Agreed.

Right now there is nothing to counteract the nonsense. Remember how Thomas had his big GMB interview and the next day was Ascot and it was all but forgotten? Once the royals are back to work there will be nonstop news to drown out the Markles.

Also it is clear people are over them. Yes they will report it but the tone is different. Correspondents are calling each other out for covering them. Publications are making it clear they don't agree with them. Yada yada. So stands are happening.

They can have August to rant until they pass out. The fall won't be so easy though I am sure they will try.

Absolutely this is all about Media strategy.

The media knew the BRF would be away for the summer break not long after the wedding.
SO what to report on!! Well heck there's always the annoying Markles who don't know when to shut up. So we the media will give them all the rope/airtime they need.
Then when the BRF return to work it will be business as usual reporting on various family doing their job with lots of nice photo's and the usual who wore what. And the markles will just be a footnote until the BRF go quiet again for the next holiday period. Probably christmas.
Then we will probably see the markles back in the news again during that quiet time.
This might be the family that just keeps on giving. To the media. The media are using them and they are too naive to see it. Because the paychecks are not that big.

Meghan is resolving the issue with dad. She is gettinng on with her new life.
Dad knows this but can't accept it.:ermm:

This is an excellent article. I have followed Charlotte's blog on Kate since she first started it and now I am enjoying the one on Meghan too. I always enjoy her blog posts as they are well-researched. The cover the fashion, but they go far beyond that too by covering a lot of the historical aspects of the places that Kate and Meghan visit and the events they attend.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7008410/thomas-markle-bury-hatchet-meghan-prince-harry/

Tom Markle gave another interview saying he is willing to bury the hatchet if Harry and Meghan take some of the blame

Excerpts
Harry is said to have scolded him for collaborating with the paparazzi and said: “This is what happens when you don’t listen to what we tell you to do.”

Thomas told a friend: “If Harry is offended by what I said to him, well, I’m more offended by what he said to me."

He added: “I want to say good luck and God bless to my daughter. I don’t expect to see her or hear back from her and that’s OK.

“I just want to have a father/daughter relationship. If that means Christmas cards, birthday cards and getting together for the holidays . . . that is what I want.

"The other thing is, and this will sound a bit greedy, but I took care of my mom the last five years of her life

:ermm:

Another song and dance. Too late Mr. Faux 'Pa' -- Boo hoo. You didn't 'make' your youngest daughter's success in life, and nothing you do or say now can ever make up for your egregious transgressions against her. You can't 'make' Meghan care about you the same way ever again. Neither can you ever repair the nastiness of your ridiculous and messy attacks upon her and her new family.

Try to make up with those older two monsters of yours and make contact with your adult grandchildren. The Duchess of Sussex and her future children are lost to you, and it's of your own doing. Just go away please.

I also really liked this article by Charlotte. Its also made me realize that even though its August and Harry and Meghan are staying well under the radar except for Harry's involvement in his charities in Africa, all eyes are still looking to Meghan even though we can't see her. Why? Because of the Moanin' Markles and their diatribes over and over in the press. We're wondering and discussing what Meghan should or shouldn't do and we're gaining an insight into this woman that has had her life turned upside down and inside out in this past year even without the e(strange)d family. IMO she's handled everything with grace, dignity and a whole lot of aplomb.

She has won the hearts of those that follow her just by being who she is. She's been very warmly welcomed into the fold of her new family and one cannot help but see the pride and the love Harry has for this woman as he looks at her. This is the woman that states she'd much rather be the woman that works rather the lady who lunches. This is a woman so comfortable in her own skin that although I can imagine that she is deeply hurt by her father's actions and his words, Meghan has the strength of character, the stamina of a titan and the intelligence to know she does not need people like this in her life and refuses to engage them.

This is what irks Samantha to the core. Its what annoys her father to no end that he's been relegated to the "noise" category. Deep down somewhere they must realize that Meghan is everything they've always wanted to be and have absolutely no clue how to attain it. Anyone can be like the e(strange)d Markles easily but the more the public and the press turn against the Markles and focus on how Meghan is handling all this, the good Meghan is trying to do in the world, and the more she gains the acceptance and the respect of the general public, the less relevant the Markles become and eventually have no recourse except to crawl back under their rocks somewhere into oblivion.

Give the Markles enough rope and eventually they'll hang themselves with it. That is the strategy that seems to be working well right now. :D

Well the Fail still trying to sell Operation Royal Takedown

Palace considering a ‘more aggressive’ strategy towards Meghan’s father Thomas Markle | Daily Mail Online

As in a previous post the editors are laughing and they are laughing at the Markles. They see the Markles as greedy and stupid poor relations of the Windsors that can be manipulated with a sensational headline. Those editors are banking on the Markles to scream the royals are plotting to do away with them. Watch the collective eye rolls on that.

Well the Fail still trying to sell Operation Royal Takedown

Palace considering a ‘more aggressive’ strategy towards Meghan’s father Thomas Markle | Daily Mail Online

As in a previous post the editors are laughing and they are laughing at the Markles. They see the Markles as greedy and stupid poor relations of the Windsors that can be manipulated with a sensational headline. Those editors are banking on the Markles to scream the royals are plotting to do away with them. Watch the collective eye rolls on that.

With the War of the Moanin' Markles being so one sided, in order for the tabloids to keep this all going, they have to invent the other side of the war which is covertly under the radar and most likely doing more important things than paying attention to tabloids. They're using the "palace" to goad the Markles into reacting which they've found works so very well already.

In all actuality, I cannot for the life of me think of a single thing the "palace" or TPTB could do to stifle or gag or placate or cajole the e(strange)d family that would bring an end to all of this. There's no scenario I can think of that will not have a detrimental side effect.

The editors, for sure, are laughing their heads off. All the way to the bank. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom