The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7008410/thomas-markle-bury-hatchet-meghan-prince-harry/

Tom Markle gave another interview saying he is willing to bury the hatchet if Harry and Meghan take some of the blame

Excerpts
Harry is said to have scolded him for collaborating with the paparazzi and said: “This is what happens when you don’t listen to what we tell you to do.”

Thomas told a friend: “If Harry is offended by what I said to him, well, I’m more offended by what he said to me."

He added: “I want to say good luck and God bless to my daughter. I don’t expect to see her or hear back from her and that’s OK.

“I just want to have a father/daughter relationship. If that means Christmas cards, birthday cards and getting together for the holidays . . . that is what I want.

"The other thing is, and this will sound a bit greedy, but I took care of my mom the last five years of her life

The entitlement..... He was offered guidance and support. Did the exact opposite and now HE is hurt by the fact that he was told that he is in this position because of his own actions?

I have long not met such an incredibly narcissistic and self centred father. How does he sleep at night? Can he not feel an ounce of guilt for the wilful pain he has repeatedly and KNOWINGLY caused his own daughter? Disgusting.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7008410/thomas-markle-bury-hatchet-meghan-prince-harry/

Tom Markle gave another interview saying he is willing to bury the hatchet if Harry and Meghan take some of the blame

Excerpts
Harry is said to have scolded him for collaborating with the paparazzi and said: “This is what happens when you don’t listen to what we tell you to do.”

Thomas told a friend: “If Harry is offended by what I said to him, well, I’m more offended by what he said to me."

He added: “I want to say good luck and God bless to my daughter. I don’t expect to see her or hear back from her and that’s OK.

“I just want to have a father/daughter relationship. If that means Christmas cards, birthday cards and getting together for the holidays . . . that is what I want.

"The other thing is, and this will sound a bit greedy, but I took care of my mom the last five years of her life

Ugh the triggers the triggers! He is a classic case! But keep on talking because it lowers the value of what he keeps saying over and over and over again.

Speaking of Charles and Diana, this Markle situation isn't even a blip on the radar screen compared to the War of the Wales. The BRF has certainly dealt with a lot worse. I like to imagine the Queen looking at Meghan and saying, "My dear, don't give any more thoughts about your father slamming your new family. That's nothing compared to what a happened about 25 years ago."

I just remember the "Annus Horribilis" and shudder... At least the Markles did not try to burn down Windsor Castle before the wedding...:D But my, did Andrew look hero-like that night the castle burned in 1992 and was wearing such a becoming red sweater.

Excerpts

I thought someone said he was going away & gave his last, last, last... interview. If his last statement is true, then why doesn’t he drive up to see his son & ask him to take care of him? He’s much closer than going to UK, no need to put a strain on his health. His namesake, Jr can give him undivided attention since he doesn’t speak to his 2 sons either.

If he thinks Meghan is so mean & has an attitude like her mother, why does he even want a card from her? You’d think a card from Samantha would be good enough.

Yes i agree with you both. The BRF have weathered many more important storms than this.

Not only will Mr Markle end up a footnote in history, he may end up as a case study no 1 for students learning about mental health and family dynamics.
:eek:

I feel like Oops I Did It Again must be on constant replay at Tom’s house at this point.

Anyways, I’m not sure what he wants Harry and Meghan to take the blame for. They gave him good advice on how to deal with the press, and he decided he would do the complete opposite.

Dad wants the olive branch because he knows he still losing in the court of public opinion despite the latest interview. The Daily Mail doesn't speak for the world. He still thinks manipulating Meghan and Harry will take the onus off him. Nope.

You know things are bad when the Markles media defenders are getting dragged. Piers went on Twitter to bully Meghan to see Dad and people clapped back

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...-morgan-accused-hypocrisy-blasts-13076099.amp

Piers thinks he's a top tier journalist but being a Markle apologist has made him a joke.

Last edited:
So releived by the announcement of the CBB people ! Not the S... I won't honour her by saying her full name !

Tom's latest whine that he expects Meghan to help him in his declining years is just beneath contempt. What happened to the 'I have two properties and a good pension' line that he was flogging only a little while ago? I suppose the bills for his medical expenses have come in and he's hoping the daughter he's dragged through the mud will pony up for them!

I think that Samantha at least is becoming more enraged because she feels that the Court of public opinion is receding away from her and her father at a rate of knotts. I hardly ever read DM comments but have over the last couple of weeks. Samantha was never particularly popular but there was a certain amount of sympathy for Tom. Not so, lately. I think it would be best for them both if they just quit it now and give everyone a nice rest.

Last edited:
Tom's latest whine that he expects Meghan to help him in his declining years is just beneath contempt. What happened to the 'I have two properties and a good pension' line that he was flogging only a little while ago. I suppose the bills for his medical expenses have come in and he's hoping the daughter he's dragged through the mud will pony up for them!

I think that Samantha at least is becoming more enraged because she feels that the Court of public opinion is receding away from her and her father at a rate of knotts. I hardly ever read DM comments but have over the last couple of weeks. Samantha was never particularly popular but there was a certain amount of sympathy for Tom. Not so, lately. I think it would be best for them both if they just quit it now and give everyone a nice rest.

While he was betraying his daughter doing all of these unnecessary interviews, he should’ve made sure to get enough money from his media enablers to cover his bills.

Moving on and back to this thread which is about Meghan and her family!!!:whistling:

Excellent article in this link....Note to the Markles! Just Shut Up Please!!!!
Royal Musings

Excellent article in this link....Note to the Markles! Just Shut Up Please!!!!
Royal Musings

Very excellent article and puts the blame exactly where it should be. If the press didn't pay any attention to the Markles, their soap boxes would dwindle away to being nothing more than rantings on social media. I'll be so happy when the silly season is over with and we can focus on the upcoming tour of down under and the Invictus Games.

Sam is really losing it. On her latest Twitter screed she dragged the queen

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ne...t/news-story/10fcd02d8b34c2c2c65f23c8863bb848

No way Channel 5 is having Sam on Celebrity Big Brother and have her unleash like this. The public backlash would be huge.

I thought it was confirmed that Sam would not be on CBB and that's a blessing. She was, at one time, considered but from the lineup that I saw that were possibles, each and every other person had more going for them than Samantha did. All Samantha had going for her was chronic diarrhea of the mouth. Nothing else.

She doesn't even make sense anymore at all. S'ok though. She has to live with herself. I don't. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the reference to the Fail on the Royal Musings blog. The 'We do not believe in Facts but we pay Well' Daily Mail'! :lol:

I am not a doctor but I am starting to think Thomas is suffering from the onset of dementia.

That's a speculation that I think we're better off staying away from. We don't know the man. I do think he's confused, bitter, sloppy in keeping his thoughts straight and just downright has a case of the PLOMs (poor little old me syndrome) but whether or not it has anything to do with a medical condition, we're not in any place to begin to even guess.

The Express has an article alleging that KP is going to start a more aggressive strategy with regard to Samantha and Thomas Snr.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...ensington-palace-aggressive-strategy-Samantha

Another article with no substance. 'The palace are thinking of taking a more aggressive approach, but we don't know what that approach would be.' In other words, 'we have no clue what the palace is planning to do, so we made up a maybe scenario because we want clicks.'

I really, really, really doubt that Meghan asked her father for help in getting Samantha to back off. I think that is another of his fictional stories designed to build his ego up in his own fantasy world.
I think once Thomas got busted with the phoney photos he was too embarrassed to show his face in the UK and somehow now, after three months, he is trying to make it Meghan and Harry's fault. Brave Tom hung up on mean Harry . . . yeah right. :pigsfly::pigsfly::pigsfly:

I think Harry and Meghan's handling of this situation is the right one. You can't negotiate with domestic terrorists, it feeds their ego and makes them come back again and again.

The only people who are talking about dire consequences are Richard Kay and Piers Morgan, both of whom stand to benefit greatly should the royals engage on any level whatsoever.

I don't think the palace is planning a retaliation against the Markles because the royals are winning the PR war so why mess that up now? The Markles will simply claim the Windsors are using their vast resources to take her, Jr and Dad down. Sam went to Brietbart News last month for a story where she claimed she was getting death threats for her outbursts. There is no story from local law enforcement or the FBI that she filed a report for such claims. This retaliation story is just to get q rise out of the Markles.

At the end of the day it does not matter what people are saying on social media pages the markles are not going any where and the fact of the matter is it is still Megan family not ours so we all have out little opinions - but Megan needs to handle this herself - before her father spills ore stuff and I am sure he has lot more to tell that we dont know

At the end of the day it does not matter what people are saying on social media pages the markles are not going any where and the fact of the matter is it is still Megan family not ours so we all have out little opinions - but Megan needs to handle this herself - before her father spills ore stuff and I am sure he has lot more to tell that we dont know

Meghan IS handling this herself. In a way that is good for her. Her father can spill all her secrets, and Meghan will get even more support. What could he actually spill, that would make people side with him? Because him spilling Meghan's life to the tabloids is why people are turning against him.

What could he reveal at this point that would irrevocably damage her or the monarchy?

The time he realised she was sexually active - might be a little embarrassing but ultimately non news. The time her mother called to tell him she had caught her underage drinking? No one is going to care, especially as Harry's teenage and early 20's were thoroughly chronicled at the time.

He doesn't seem to have much current information on her, which is probably the reason for him bleating about her contacting him in the first place. You can bet if there had been a Father's Day/Birthday Card or call it would have been "lovingly" featured in the next interview for a lot more money as proof they're in contact.

He's already spilled the most "interesting" stuff in detailing his every interaction with Harry and Meghan before the wedding, although he does seem to keep changing his mind on exactly what happened.

The media want to provoke her because it sells a lot more papers during silly season than just TM and Sam ranting yet again. If they can get a phone call or a visit to report on, they've "won" and especially if they can get KP or Meghan herself to put out a statement about the situation. It will then be spun as a big tacky "he said, she said" war of words and would do more damage to her than staying quiet will.

Many of them are also put out about "lack of press pack getting to know Meghan" as if the BRF used to constantly throw newlywed brides to the press all the time before her and are retaliating.

Re precedence, I find it an interesting discussion. Meghan has had a lot of other less formal traditions bent for her, such as Christmas, a personal COA (so glad no one suggested TM get one for the family for her to use) and a swift overnight engagement with the Queen.

Thomas will continue whining. The same with the Samantha and Tom Jr. to try and stay relevant. All three of them need Meghan but it’s clear they know their 15 mins is coming to an end. Thomas is their final hope which is why they so desperate. Samantha can’t handle the media turning on dear old dad. That’s why she lashing out more than ever.

Another article with no substance. 'The palace are thinking of taking a more aggressive approach, but we don't know what that approach would be.' In other words, 'we have no clue what the palace is planning to do, so we made up a maybe scenario because we want clicks.'

I agree Coacoasneeze that the article is a tad short on actual information about KP's strategy to handle the Markle family situation.

I agree Coacoasneeze that the article is a tad short on actual information about KP's strategy to handle the Markle family situation.

Oh come on, KP is not going to leak their strategy for dealing with the Markles. We know the BRF are ignoring them and probably the lawyers are watching what is said by them. Anything else is speculation by a writer wanting to write something different.

Many of them are also put out about "lack of press pack getting to know Meghan" as if the BRF used to constantly throw newlywed brides to the press all the time before her and are retaliating.

What gets me about this is that we actually know a lot more about Meghan's background and what she thinks and how she thinks a lot more than royal brides of the past. And yet, it seems to be not enough?

Oh come on, KP is not going to leak their strategy for dealing with the Markles. We know the BRF are ignoring them and probably the lawyers are watching what is said by them. Anything else is speculation by a writer wanting to write something different.

I think the one thing KP can do is debunk some of these statements.

I think the one thing KP can do is debunk some of these statements.

I really don't think the benefit would outweigh the downside of engaging. At this point, it's obvious that these people have no credibility. As for those that wants to believe everything negative about Meghan despite common sense, they wouldn't believe KP anyways. :lol:

The best strategy is actually for the Sussexes to come back strong to work in the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom