The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1321  
Old 07-30-2018, 09:11 PM
M. Payton's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,850
Well according the Sr now he does not want to met Harry, that is fine for Sr just shut the door to any relationship that he might have had with his son in law with the very type of abuse he is subjecting his daughter to. And the palace is not keeping Sr quiet, they could care less about his tirades. Sr really needs lessons in how the BRF thinks and operates.......what a fool he is making of himself now now more then ever....
__________________

  #1322  
Old 07-30-2018, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
To me that seems unlikely. I think that Meghan sincerely thought her father was going to come over for her wedding. I wouldn't call it saving face when all of it is blowing up (as was to be expected if the intention truly was for him NOT to attend). Whether mr Markle himself truly intended to attend is a different question; he might not have been consistent... he probably truly wanted to attend and play one of the main roles at the wedding and meet all those important people/royals but on the other hand was terrified of doing so.
That sounds like the most likely scenario to me. No one would go to the length of publicly announcing the plan and have it printed in the program only for the plan to be something else. NO ONE enjoys or deserves having that type of drama the week of their wedding.

Speaking as someone with a parent that has the tendency to be unreliable in moments when you most need him to be reliable, some people just can't help themselves but screw up when it's important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Well according the Sr now he does not want to met Harry, that is fine for Sr just shut the door to any relationship that he might have had with his son in law with the very type of abuse he is subjecting his daughter to. And the palace is not keeping Sr quiet, they could care less about his tirades. Sr really needs lessons in how the BRF thinks and operates.......what a fool he is making of himself now now more then ever....
Some people just don't know to quit while they are ahead. A LOT of people were having sympathy for him when this whole mess came out and actually blamed Harry and KP. Now he just made them all realize it's just him being a screw up.

And if he doesn't want to meet his son-in-law, why does he want to talk to his daughter so bad as he claims?
__________________

  #1323  
Old 07-30-2018, 09:15 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Well according the Sr now he does not want to met Harry, that is fine for Sr just shut the door to any relationship that he might have had with his son in law with the very type of abuse he is subjecting his daughter to. And the palace is not keeping Sr quiet, they could care less about his tirades. Sr really needs lessons in how the BRF thinks and operates.......what a fool he is making of himself now now more then ever....
How do you propose "the palace" keep Tom Sr quiet? What makes you think he cares or wants to know what the BRF thinks or how they "operate"?
  #1324  
Old 07-30-2018, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
What makes you think he cares or wants to know what the BRF thinks or how they "operate"?
Well, he obviously cares enough that he talks about it so much. The "they can't silence me" thing and all.
  #1325  
Old 07-30-2018, 09:25 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
To me that seems unlikely. I think that Meghan sincerely thought her father was going to come over for her wedding. I wouldn't call it saving face when all of it is blowing up (as was to be expected if the intention truly was for him NOT to attend). Whether mr Markle himself truly intended to attend is a different question; he might not have been consistent... he probably truly wanted to attend and play one of the main roles at the wedding and meet all those important people/royals but on the other hand was terrified of doing so.
I agree with you and Jacqui on this. I think there was every intention of dad being at and in the wedding. I do think he sabotaged himself because he did but didn't want to go to the wedding. But now he has really gone off the deep end.
  #1326  
Old 07-30-2018, 09:25 PM
M. Payton's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,850
OH-A


I think I worded that wrong....I was quoting Sr here not what I thought was to be......., the only way I believe KP or BP operates is that in the past they do not respond to this type of behavior, they stay quiet and behind that drawbridge as I put it.....Sr has no idea how the royal family thinks or how they operate yet now he might get the idea that no response coming from Meghan or Harry or anyone is how they do things and that is not his way of doing anything as we see he has to shut to the world his opinion and needs and wants and desires..........so let him shout off to anyone that wants to hear him and he will continue to make a fool of himself....
  #1327  
Old 07-30-2018, 09:35 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I agree with you and Jacqui on this. I think there was every intention of dad being at and in the wedding. I do think he sabotaged himself because he did but didn't want to go to the wedding. But now he has really gone off the deep end.
I don't know if he truly didn't want to go. But just took the coward's way out once photogate came out. And of course, he just spiraled out of control from then. He doesn't understand that there are certain things you just have to let go of. Stop digging a bigger hole.
  #1328  
Old 07-30-2018, 09:40 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,501
Thomas was clearly going to be at the wedding. He was in the order of service. They made the announcement of him walking her down the aisle. That was the plan. He changed it. It was all for the best though. Major blessing in disguise.
  #1329  
Old 07-30-2018, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,288
I don't see why Samantha has to drag Gabriella, and her sleazy former boyfriend, into this!

That incident (with Gabriella) took place (IF it truly did) over a decade ago!
Why dredge it up again? Does Samantha think it will make the Markles look better?
  #1330  
Old 07-30-2018, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't see why Samantha has to drag Gabriella, and her sleazy former boyfriend, into this!

That incident (with Gabriella) took place (IF it truly did) over a decade ago!
Why dredge it up again? Does Samantha think it will make the Markles look better?
Let's be honest, Samantha doesn't care about anyone looking good other than herself. And she also happens to have a warped sense of what makes her look good.
  #1331  
Old 07-30-2018, 10:01 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
I feel like Samantha thinks she is the star of her own reality show that she created in her own mind. Nothing matters or exists except to use as foils for her drama (including her father.)
  #1332  
Old 07-30-2018, 10:16 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,501
Samantha is basking in the fact that her father is finally paying attention to her. That is all she clearly longed for. She has been jealous and resentful of Meghan since the day she was born because she took all of their dad's focus. With Thomas angry at Meghan, he is leaning on Samantha who is stroking his ego and telling the world he is amazing and deserves to be respected. "Bow to the daddy" is her weird catchphrase. So, yes, she is warped. She can insult everyone but if you insult her dad than the world is ending.
  #1333  
Old 07-30-2018, 10:30 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't see why Samantha has to drag Gabriella, and her sleazy former boyfriend, into this!

That incident (with Gabriella) took place (IF it truly did) over a decade ago!
Why dredge it up again? Does Samantha think it will make the Markles look better?
Who is Gabriella?
  #1334  
Old 07-30-2018, 11:21 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,918
I'm with Omid Mio Scobie's tweet dismissing Markle Snr's whining:
https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1023334894150332416

BTW, Omid's OnHeir podcast with Emily Andrews is taking a break until August 23, since the royals are on summer break.


Meanwhile, 'Markle Snr and mindless older children from Hell,' Episode whatever seriously needs to be cancelled, blocked, deleted, erased, ignored, thrown in the trash bin. Markle Snr is reminding me of one of Michael Jackson's Thriller zombies. The only thing is, Markle Snr can't dance, he can't act, he can't sing (even his whining is subpar), and he ain't thrilling at all. Although he is getting scarier and uglier every time he opens his mouth. By now, he's dug a hole so deep, he might as well jump in already.

The British royal family can't and won't be bothered by such stupid, ignorant blather. Markle Snr apparently has no idea who he's messing with. Dignity and silence are the name of the game when it comes to tabloid-generated ploys such as what's going on here. The sorry, dysfunctional Markle crew need to bugger off. Markle Snr is like an annoying fly buzzing around palace walls but can't get in. He's not even worth the bother of lifting a fly swatter at this point. And Ingrid Seward needs to check her sob-story sympathy angle toward Markle Snr, and her thinly veiled negative swipes at the Duchess of Sussex, which ain't winning Seward points from anyone she might be attempting to impress or provoke within royal circles.

The louder Markle Snr buzzes, the tighter and more enveloping the protective, loving embrace becomes that surrounds Duchess Meghan. And this unbreachable embrace is manned by her new family: the British royal family, her dear mother, her friends & her husband's inner circle, as well as royal followers around the world who are decent and caring, and who have good sense.
  #1335  
Old 07-30-2018, 11:21 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Who is Gabriella?
Lady Gabriella Windsor. Her ex-boyfriend trash talked about some members of the Royal family a few months ago- a number of years after he and Gabriella broke up.
It really has nothing to do with anything but Samantha brought it up in one of her rants.
  #1336  
Old 07-31-2018, 12:01 AM
Missy-'s Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Beautiful PNW, United States
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Meanwhile, 'Markle Snr and mindless older children from Hell,' Episode whatever seriously needs to be cancelled, blocked, deleted, erased, ignored, thrown in the trash bin.
As long as there is money to be made the Markles will continue to spew and the tabs will keep paying because they are getting click$. I'm actually surprised Samantha has made a comeback from the 'vulture' interview with Piers, I thought she was done after that. But apparently there is enough interest in what the Markles have to say that they'll keep dredging.
  #1337  
Old 07-31-2018, 01:01 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
Reading the language used in these interviews, by Mr Markle himself, then seeing the behaviours and language his eldest children use, it just paints a picture of a very manipulative, emotionally abusive and cruel man. That 'she is who she's today because of him, she owes him because of that' and her getting her attitude from her mother, then trash talking Doria, Meghan, Harry, really anyone who has Meghan's best interest at heart, are huge red flags of abuse. Junior showed previously exactly similar behaviour in his attempts to blackmail Meghan, then humiliate her. Samantha has done that openly on her twitter and in her interviews. According to his own admission, Mr Markle used drugs to cope when Meghan was growing up. (interestingly, no articles picking this up, I can only imagine the headlines, had Doria admitted this...). It seems like, with all the estrangements, domestic abuse, pulling guns on people, alcohol and substance abuse, emotional abuse, that the Markle household was a horrible place to grow up in.

I think Meghan getting the role on Suits was a huge blessing in multiple ways, not just for her career. Her moving to Canada naturally brought a geographical distance that forced a longer separation between Meghan and the markles. I forgot who said it about Meghan, but they said, that after her divorce, Meghan simply flourished, she was free. Personally I don't think it was only about her divorce, I think she also began to flourish, because she was free from the abusive hold of the Markles.

I also think, that the distance healed the relationship between Meghan and her father a bit. The relationship was maintained mostly through phone calls and FaceTime. Meghan was away from the whole environment, and her dad couldn't play the same manipulative games with her. This wedding, and Mr Markle being initially big part of it, brought all the nasty back. I think there were a lot of last minute cancellations by Mr Markle when meetings were set up. I think he became again the same manipulative, self serving, and unreliable father he used to be. I don't think a lot of this behaviour is a surprise to Meghan, and i don't think her cutting him off was the first time. I just think this time Meghan has an actual healthier support system backing her up. Her husband is fully in her corner, her new in laws fully support her. For their own messiness, I think Meghan is for the first time seeing and feeling a much healthier family, and that is making her cutting her father out of her life much easier.
  #1338  
Old 07-31-2018, 01:26 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I agree with you and Jacqui on this. I think there was every intention of dad being at and in the wedding. I do think he sabotaged himself because he did but didn't want to go to the wedding. But now he has really gone off the deep end.

At least the media doesn't have "I so love my darling daughter"-pics from the wedding, but cn only run the old ones again and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Her husband is fully in her corner, her new in laws fully support her. For their own messiness, I think Meghan is for the first time seeing and feeling a much healthier family, and that is making her cutting her father out of her life much easier.

When I think how Camilla has stoically walked through all the mud the tabloids have thrown her way and never engaged with them or her accusers, I believe Meghan has in fact very knowlegeable and caring advisors. Charles, Camilla and Charles' sons IMHO know all there is about tabloid abuse and how to cope with it, especially when another family member helped the media to get information. Well, that hole was closed before it even could be used by the Markles.
  #1339  
Old 07-31-2018, 01:57 AM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Thomas was clearly going to be at the wedding. He was in the order of service. They made the announcement of him walking her down the aisle. That was the plan. He changed it. It was all for the best though. Major blessing in disguise.
Exactly! Just as described by a commenter who responded to Omid Scobie's tweet dismissing Markle Snr that I linked earlier. Here's the commenter's post:

"[Markle Snr] not walking Meghan up the aisle was God reminding us that he does not sleep, he had/s her back. God is good. #shedodgedthatbullet"
  #1340  
Old 07-31-2018, 04:07 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Reading the language used in these interviews, by Mr Markle himself, then seeing the behaviours and language his eldest children use, it just paints a picture of a very manipulative, emotionally abusive and cruel man. That 'she is who she's today because of him, she owes him because of that' and her getting her attitude from her mother, then trash talking Doria, Meghan, Harry, really anyone who has Meghan's best interest at heart, are huge red flags of abuse. Junior showed previously exactly similar behaviour in his attempts to blackmail Meghan, then humiliate her. Samantha has done that openly on her twitter and in her interviews. According to his own admission, Mr Markle used drugs to cope when Meghan was growing up. (interestingly, no articles picking this up, I can only imagine the headlines, had Doria admitted this...). It seems like, with all the estrangements, domestic abuse, pulling guns on people, alcohol and substance abuse, emotional abuse, that the Markle household was a horrible place to grow up in.

I think Meghan getting the role on Suits was a huge blessing in multiple ways, not just for her career. Her moving to Canada naturally brought a geographical distance that forced a longer separation between Meghan and the markles. I forgot who said it about Meghan, but they said, that after her divorce, Meghan simply flourished, she was free. Personally I don't think it was only about her divorce, I think she also began to flourish, because she was free from the abusive hold of the Markles.

I also think, that the distance healed the relationship between Meghan and her father a bit. The relationship was maintained mostly through phone calls and FaceTime. Meghan was away from the whole environment, and her dad couldn't play the same manipulative games with her. This wedding, and Mr Markle being initially big part of it, brought all the nasty back. I think there were a lot of last minute cancellations by Mr Markle when meetings were set up. I think he became again the same manipulative, self serving, and unreliable father he used to be. I don't think a lot of this behaviour is a surprise to Meghan, and i don't think her cutting him off was the first time. I just think this time Meghan has an actual healthier support system backing her up. Her husband is fully in her corner, her new in laws fully support her. For their own messiness, I think Meghan is for the first time seeing and feeling a much healthier family, and that is making her cutting her father out of her life much easier.
Well that man contradicts himself a lot, there are just so many inconsistencies in the interviews he’s given. The man is a liar.

But dragging Meghan’s mum is a new low even for him. Not surprising though given his NOW exposed character.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background sara1981 The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 3057 04-05-2021 07:27 AM
The Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Duke & Duchess of Sussex ghost_night554 British Royals 574 09-07-2019 12:14 AM




Popular Tags
abdication america anastasia anastasia once upon a time archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism biography bridal gown britain british british royal family china chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy doge of venice doll dubai duke of sussex facts family life fashion and style george vi gustaf vi adolf hello! imperial household intro italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery king edward vii king willem-alexander książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg mary: crown princess of denmark meghan markle nepalese royal jewels plantinum jubilee prince constantijn prince dimitri princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess ribha queen consort queen mathilde queen maxima random facts royal ancestry royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding royal wedding gown serbian royal family solomon j solomon speech suthida taiwan tradition uae customs united states of america wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×