The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody gotta try. I’ll try anything and everything before things get any worse.

Right about now, anything and everything tried would result in things getting worse. Even far worse than if nothing is done.

What scenario do you think would actually work? What would you recommend being done that assures things of not getting worse?

Why can't people see that there is NO resolution to this ever......this is all done by the Markle's because of whom Meghan married, Prince Harry of the British Royal Family......do you think that if Meghan right now left Harry that they would shut up and go away...if any one believes that then I have the very jewels that HM wears each day, those gorgeous diamond and pearl earrings right here in the palm of my hand to give to you..........NOTHING will shut these people up ever again..........NOTHING, they want attention, they want to be seen in the news, they want money, they want, they want, they want and the list will go on forever now and there is no way to shut them up period, so if anyone does not like what is going on with the Markle's then only one thing left to do here or anywhere.........do not read about them, ignore them, turn the off in your world and let them go for they do not give a damn about anything except for what *THEY WANT, their needs must be met first and foremost and even then that will not shut them up......attention seekers will never go away just look at all the postings in the DF by those in places like Hollywood.......all those pictures people post each day of their lives, the less clothes the better, the bare body parts the better, ***Attention Seekers*** for they are the very insecure and ones that need attention all the time, more people following them the better......this is the very Markle's way of doing things........

I'd say the situation would be much more likely to be spiraling out of control if Meghan or someone else were to contact them to resolve issues. They would surely require a bribe and whatever the outcome (most likely they don't get anything) it will be used by the Markles to make things even worse.

At least for now the BRF shows they can distance themselves from toxic influences and cannot be ordered around. As it is clear they have nothing truly damaging to offer, it might continue to be unpleasant but I don't think it is damaging in the long run. Instead people might feel for Meghan and have more sympathy for her than they otherwise might have had.

Last edited:
My good friends,

The situation has gone on for far too long. Somebody have to talk to somebody. The problems have to be resolved.

Who says they haven't? I am of the belief that Meghan walked away for a reason. I will never understand people trying to force a reconciliation between them. People playing into Thomas's crap at the expense of Meghan.

As long as the tabloids pay attention to Samantha and print her barely coherent tweets, she'll keep on tweeting. She is however seen as a bitter, jealous and extremely annoying person, she has been at this for two years now, and has nothing new to say, ever.

Thomas clearly wants different things than Meghan does. He wants to profit out of Meghan, he wants to redo the wedding with him as the star, he wants attention on himself. He doesn't want to be quietly in the background, he wants central stage.

I don't know how meeting up would change any of this, two completely different ideals what their relationship should be like. And when Thomas Markle has Piers Morgan as his spokesmen, and Samanthaas his social media and PR person, these goals will never meet.
I also think Mr Markle has signed some deals with Piers, and nerds to deliver content. And soon.

As long as the tabloids pay attention to Samantha and print her barely coherent tweets, she'll keep on tweeting. She is however seen as a bitter, jealous and extremely annoying person, she has been at this for two years now, and has nothing new to say, ever.

Thomas clearly wants different things than Meghan does. He wants to profit out of Meghan, he wants to redo the wedding with him as the star, he wants attention on himself. He doesn't want to be quietly in the background, he wants central stage.

I don't know how meeting up would change any of this, two completely different ideals what their relationship should be like. And when Thomas Markle has Piers Morgan as his spokesmen, and Samanthaas his social media and PR person, these goals will never meet.
I also think Mr Markle has signed some deals with Piers, and nerds to deliver content. And soon.

Me too, re Piers. I can't think of any other reason why Piers is so invested.

And what short memories folks have! Piers penned one of the nastiest pieces on Markle Sr in the lead up to the wedding, calling him a fat, slobby alcoholic. But I guess such dishonor to his name is ok for Tom Sr if he gets to cause Meghan pain.

IMO, for Sam, no amount of money or attention from Meghan will suffice. The joy comes from causing pain to her sister. I am beginning to think, sadly, that is somewhat driving Markle Sr. His daughter had the audacity to enter a world he had no control over or power in (versus Hollywood where in his mind he did) and now he is trying to find a way to regain some power to use against her. Hence the interviews and demands. He wants to see the "uppity" duchess bow to him. Not for one second will he stop doing his song and dance if Meghan begs him or visits. It will just fuel him to new extremes.

:previous:Dman
And just how or whom should be talking here? The *fact* is that this will *never* go away or be done with period for Meghan is the cash cow of the Markle's..........even if Meghan left Harry, it will never go away as she is in one of the very highest clubs in the world, The Royals. That right there is why the Markles are always going to be after her and Harry........they, the Markles did not to this type of behavior before she dated Harry, she was not bashed and degraded before the world then, it is the world of the ROYALS that is the very reason this is happening here.......NOTHING Meghan does or will do or doesn't do is very going to shut these idiots up.....they are never going away in life period and only through their very passing on will it stop. No amount of money, access, talking, perks or whatever they want will shut them up.......they want attention all the time, they are proving just that and with that attention comes money.....as Sam said, *Money makes the world go around* and all the money in the world will NEVER shut her or her family up.

Both -Father and daughter- should be talking to each other. I could care less about Sam and Tom Jr., but at least Mr. Markle and Meghan can help calm things down between them.

Last edited:
:previous: Zaira
Absolutely and totally agree with every point you made. Meghan was not as well known then as she is today, Sam is hell bent on destroying this young woman for no other reasons then jealousy and hate all because her father darned to marry another woman who was of another culture no less, Sam has been fueled by that hate all her life, it so easy to see where she is coming from and Sr wants his needs met now by his daughter who darn she marry someone whom he has no say in the matter. I honestly believe that this family as long as they are breathing they will continue on with their hate and tirade of Meghan all because they want...they want whatever in the heck they want now and tomorrow and forever......they want to reach the highest pinnacles that Meghan as reached, they want what she has and will do everything in their means to get it by being the most despicable family ever and to think they could of had it all if they just kept their mouths shut........but no, seeing the opportunity for quick cash and lots of attention and being thrown on the world stage got them right where they want to be.......

Both -Father and daughter- should be talking to each other. I could care less about Sam and Tom Jr., but at least Mr. Markle and Meghan can help calm things down between them.

In what universe is it even seen that its possible right now for Tom, Sr. and Meghan to be a united anything? In order for your scenario to even begin to start seeming like a reality, I believe there would have to be at least some semblance of a father/daughter relationship already established of which there is absolutely no sign of at this time.

Whatever relationship Thomas Markle, Sr. shared with his daughter before has been torn to shreds, thrown to the wolves to shred even further and then those remnants remaining are being sewn together in piecemeal to repeat the process for as long as it benefits Tom, Sr.'s ego.

Well Rudolph, with the way things are actually going, it looks to me like you're going to have a long and healthy lifespan. That's a good thing. I'd miss your postings. :D

So you're just going to ignore the comments and reasonings behind how that will only make things worse. In your mind they should just talk no matter what. Next time Samantha rants somebody ask her "how her daughter is".

I don’t know Osipi, where there’s smoke, often times you find fire.

Will the Duchess of Sussex meet her father in the US in a couple of weeks time? No comment from Kensington Palace. There are signs though that palace officials believe there is a need to try to rebuild bridges.

Via Richard Palmer Twitter

I’m going to die if they do actually meet up. Everyone will pivot and say it’s the best thing in the world.
Well, in that case I even more hope they don't meet up. Must be quite a responsibility for Meghan to make sure that some random person who doesn't personally know them won't die because of it :D

So, how will them talking help things to calm down.
Less than 3 months ago they were talking (even though Tom betrayed her trust) and things went down hill from there, so how is talking suddenly the solution when Tom Markle has shown that he will only use it to his advantage and to his daughter and son-in-law's disadvantage?

Meghan knows her dad better than you do and has more at stake, so if she thought that talking could solve anything I am sure she would do so. If she on the other hand is convinced it will only make things worse, she better continue on the path that she chose by sidelining him after many attempts to include him at least somewhat in her life prior to this decision that must have been hard for her to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew Morton is the source.

Meghan Markle, the palace and her problem father, Thomas

The duchess’s mercurial father has been sounding off, claiming she has frozen him out. His actions can’t be ignored, so how should the royals calm the storm

No sooner had Thomas Markle announced to the world last weekend that he would not be “silenced” about his daughter Meghan and her new life as the Duchess of Sussex, than he suddenly shut up. Like a besieged soldier popping up from the trenches, he tossed his grenades and then ducked for cover. He left behind a right royal mess.

Meghan might have hoped to spend her 37th birthday yesterday free of bitterness and family drama. Yet her father’s dyspeptic outburst in a newspaper interview last weekend cast a shadow over Kensington Palace and raised difficult questions for Prince Harry, for his new wife and their professional advisers.

Why is it proving so hard to calm Thomas Markle down, given that he insists he loves his daughter, whom he describes as “everything to me”?

At a moment in Britain’s history when the country has rarely been more divided, there was one thing just about everyone agreed on last week. Something should be done about Meghan’s sad and angry 74-year-old dad.

Former courtiers, royal biographers, media experts and an avalanche of social media users all concluded, in the words of a former palace adviser: “They’ve got to engage with him. They can’t ignore him. It’s an open wound and there’s nothing to be gained from leaving it untended.”

Harry has spoken to his father-in-law by telephone but, as far as anyone knows, the two have yet to meet. There was speculation last week that Meghan is preparing to visit her mother in California and a meeting with her father, whose Mexican home is 20 miles south of the US border, should not be too hard to arrange away from prying media eyes.

It might even take place on Winfrey’s secluded £70m estate near Santa Barbara. “The solution to the father lies in Meghan’s hands,” Morton added.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/meghan-markle-the-palace-and-her-problem-father-thomas-xmqfj9cp5

In what ways was everyone united in saying Meghan has to contact her dad? If anything, that was the exception, not the rule.

I think some here see the world through rose colored glasses and want what they think will solve this.....yet you can not have Sr with out Sam or Jr ever.......he has said as much about Sam and we all here have read that. Whatever Sr does with or without Meghan, Sam will be there in what ever way she can...she is the mouth piece of this family and that is giving her the biggest *HIGH* ever in her life now and no way is she ever going away or giving that up period. She is riding high, she is on the world stage, in the news, has control so she thinks of the media now.....we all know how the media works and that will be her downfall.....

I think you are a very gentle person wanting families to be together, yet life is not like that for everyone.....it, life does not work that way ever. Each of us lives our life and learns from those experiences we gather be they good or bad experiences, we learn from them.......a person NEVER takes back the one, be them a family member, a friend or whomever that has on a continuous basis betrayed you and your confidences .....Sr did that to HIS DAUGHTER, not the other way around here.....he lied, he betrayed, he threatened......a person never endorses that in their life period for that right there goes against their own mental health. I had someone in my life I loved deeply, even more then loving me yet this person was their own persona and was hell bent on doing things their way and did....nothing, absolutely nothing worked for decades and the end result is I learned a lesson about what a person can do to help another and can't do........and also learned that life goes on for all of us here on this earth.....and I am no longer trusting just because someone says something. Neither am I a gentle person in life for all those experiences make each of who we are today....so I sincerely hope Meghan does not have anything to do with those that have betrayed her time and time again and again.....leopards do not change their spots the last time I looked at a leopard.......

My good friends, The situation has gone on for far too long. Somebody have to talk to somebody. The problems have to be resolved.

The only thing that has gone on for too long is the tabloid interest. The problem is the tabloids. People's private lives are no one else's business for this extent of time but the tabloids will keep going because this kind of soap opera is gold for them. :sad: It's never going to end unless someone crosses a line that allows an injunction.

Big assumption that is likely very unlikely. Best solution is ignore it all. The people stoking this are unwell, like the raver on the street corner: part of their dysfunction. The tabloids should be ashamed for stoking the psyches of distressed people. :sad: JMO.

I'd say the situation would be much more likely to be spiraling out of control if Meghan or someone else were to contact them to resolve issues. They would surely require a bribe and whatever the outcome (most likely they don't get anything) it will be used by the Markles to make things even worse.

At least for now the BRF shows they can distance themselves from toxic influences and cannot be ordered around. As it is clear they have nothing truly damaging to offer, it might continue to be unpleasant but I don't think it is damaging in the long run. Instead people might feel for Meghan and have more sympathy for her than they otherwise might have had.

But her and Harry's kids are already doomed with Markle sr. as their grandfather, just like Eugenie and Beatrice were with Sarah as their mother.

Right about now, anything and everything tried would result in things getting worse. Even far worse than if nothing is done.

What scenario do you think would actually work? What would you recommend being done that assures things of not getting worse?

Listen,

I know I’m alone on the forums in thinking that Mr. Markle and Meghan and Harry should sit down and talk things out and come to some understandings, but it’s the only way I can think of calming the Markle Debacle down and putting it in the past.

Now perhaps these talks could involve Sam and Tom Jr., but I’m just focusing on Meghan’s dad at the moment.

Of course I could be totally wrong here.

I admit that the party meeting under one roof could be completely useless. But I truly believe a face to face meeting between Tom, Meghan and Harry is very much needed. They could spend some good quality time together in private and just talk about the issues that’s causing this mess. This meeting could take place where Mr. Markle lives or in the UK.

At least let’s give this face to face meeting a try.

Listen, I know I’m alone on the forums in thinking that Mr. Markle and Meghan and Harry should sit down and talk things out and come to some understandings, but it’s the only way I can think of calming the Markle Debacle down and putting it in the past.

Now perhaps these talks could involve Sam and Tom Jr., but I’m just focusing on Meghan’s dad at the moment.

Of course I could be totally wrong here. I admit that party meeting under one roof could be completely useless. But I truly believe a face to face meeting between Tom, Meghan and Harry is very much needed. They could spend some good quality time together in private and just talk about the issues that’s causing this mess. This meeting could take place where Mr. Markle lives or in the UK. At least let’s give this face to face meeting a try.

What's causing 'this mess' are the tabloids and money. :sad: That is not going to change anytime soon. (Prepare for the long haul, get used to it). This is not a function of what goes on between the Markles and Meghan (though the tabloids are loving that scenario as Piers Morgan is demonstrating).

The tabloids want Meghan to dance a jig, and keep on dancing to their tune. It's a no-win because it's not about 'fixing' anything. The only solution will be an injunction and I'm pretty certain the tabloids are making dead certain the line is not crossed to hurt their cash cow. :sad:

How in the world can something like you're suggesting even be a possibility when there is ample reason to believe that even should that cozy, family get together happen, there is the distinct possibility that one of that cozy, family get together has proven time and time again he's a wolf in sheep's clothing and there are packs of his fellow wolves eager to relate to the public each and every statement uttered in that cozy, family get together.

What is seriously missing from this scenario is that in order for it even to be a cozy, family get together, all parties involved would need to *trust* each other. Trust is earned and not a right. Betrayal of trust shatters it into a gazillion pieces that can't be put back together again as a whole. Meghan and Harry, at this time, have absolutely no reason whatsoever to *trust* her father in any sense of the word. He's proven that time and time again.

Dman, you’re wasting your time. You obviously aren’t on the same page as everyone else, and no matter what you say it’ll be wrong.

Meghan is not to talk to her dad. Period. Dissenting opinions need not apply.

:previous: Lady Nimue
Your comment brought something to mind, the tabloids in the past had Harry's mother dancing to their tune without her knowing how to dance to her own tune so to speak, she gave interviews, things got leaked to the media that the whole affair between husband and wife became a horror story for the entire world, both Harry and William learned those lessons in life the very deep and difficult way the media operates.....they lessons are implanted in them to this day and are taken very seriously as we have seen.

Meghan is her own person and the media is trying to *force* her hand into doing something that would back fire on her in a second......

Just look at Meghan yesterday in all those pictures, what I saw a very happy, centered, well adjusted, deeply in love and very well accepted within the BRF and the friends of the BRF also. Meghan knows who she is and what she has and no way in hell is giving this up for a talk with family that can never be trusted again for THEY have proven her that.......Meghan reached the pinnacles of her life and will go even higher with Harry in their works together to help those that need it........I hope I read her right that she is one strong, tough and intelligent lady who knows her own mind and will keep it centered on her and Harry's life together.....as it should be and what their vows meant to each other.:flowers:

One very important lesson in life about one word only...........TRUST

TRUST can be gained in life in drops of time and then lost in life in buckets of time all because of being .....BETRAYED by those that claim they love you because ..............I sure hope Meghan has learned that lesson in life for it will save her much grief in life...

:previous:

That’s not Roya’s article though.

You might want to re-read Roya's article. Where do you think she got the information from? She got it from Coleman-Rayner's article. Andrew Morton is the source.

Y'know Rudolph, I would be more than happy to have something happen that resolves this conflict between Harry and Meghan and her father and that things could go into the future with Tom, Sr. being the proud dad and grandfather and being part and parcel of their lives happily ever after. Differences and family feuds and hurt feelings and estrangements do no good for the soul and I'm rather a pacifist at heart and would more than welcome a happily ever after.

*From what we know of the situation that exists*, there doesn't seem to be a concise and plausible and effective solution to a private problem in a family that the tabloids have latched onto to create a war with and rake in the green dollars. We can only form opinions on the reality that we see and go from there.

Where it all will go and what will happen next, none of us know. Even my crystal ball and my runes refuse to tell me and I keep drawing the blank tarot card that remains blank.

All I’m saying, these folks have to meet and say some few syllables to each other or matters will get worse.

It was a mistake for Mr. Markle and Harry to not have met after the engagement announcement. That meeting should’ve taken place by now. The summer is here. The royals are off. Take this downtime to meet. Have a sit down with some cake and coffee or tea and talk.

If talks fail, then there’s nothing can be done. Over the phone won’t cut it. Face to face talks can go a long way.

:previous:

Okay you stated ......*Matter will get worse*

So I ask ...*How will matters get worse*?

Are the Markle's going to storm KP or BP with guns blazing, is the monarchy going to disappear all because the media and the Markle's are not getting their own way, is Parliament going to ban Meghan from living in the UK, is the media going to shut down the BRF for good........what, how are matters going to be worse?

More interview, more tweets, more lies, more slime, more threats, more what?

Just an honest question here that is all......

Listen,

I know I’m alone on the forums in thinking that Mr. Markle and Meghan and Harry should sit down and talk things out and come to some understandings, but it’s the only way I can think of calming the Markle Debacle down and putting it in the past.

Of course I could be totally wrong here.

I admit that the party meeting under one roof could be completely useless. But I truly believe a face to face meeting between Tom, Meghan and Harry is very much needed. They could spend some good quality time together in private and just talk about the issues that’s causing this mess. This meeting could take place where Mr. Markle lives or in the UK.

At least let’s give this face to face meeting a try.
I do think that a face-to-face meeting should have happened before the engagement was announced. Especially since at that point the intention was for Tom Markle to be part of the wedding; they even asked him to join them in announcing the engagement. That's where the main mistake was by Meghan and Harry. All later grave mistakes seem to be on the part of her father. If he somehow shows remorse and verifiable changes his behavior that might be a basis for talks in the future.

In the current situation it is far more likely to blow up in their face than to mend anything. As I said previously, Meghan is the one who is best able to judge whether there is at least a small chance of it being successful. If it would be, I think she'd try.

If she knows in advance it is completely useless and just provides more ammunition to the Markle family and therefore to the tabloids the current policy of completely ignoring him is probably the best - as I don't really see how it could get 'worse' when doing nothing. It is bad and it will remain bad and prolonging and worsening the ordeal by giving the tabloids more ammunition to write about every little detail of some meeting gone wrong for months to come is not helpful at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom