The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think heads together might be too much of a direct response from the palace to the Markles and could be potentially seen as a self-serving campaign for both Meghan and the royal foundation (I wouldn't agree with the argument but I can see the logic). I am also not a fan of the umbrella foundation they are currently campaigning where organizations come together under the royal foundation (thats a WHOLE other conversation)

I think working together with an existing charity with existing resources that would help highlight these issues and be a more subtle and effective approach rather than starting a whole new campaign from the royal foundation.

Though it is unlikely to happen it also allows a third party to exist where if the Markles do something a spokesperson for the charity can be approached by the media for a response and CAN comment on why what they are doing is harmful and what is the best response in situations like this.

I also like that it works with youth and it would be focused towards empowerment which is the niche Meghan and Harry are working towards.

Last edited:
Though it is unlikely to happen it also allows a third party to exist where if the Markles do something a spokesperson for the charity can be approached by the media for a response and CAN directly talk about why what they are doing is harmful and what is the best response.

This would defeat the purpose totally of dealing with the Markles. It would, in effect, be making them the poster children and putting them into even more limelight than they already are. These are discontented people out to get attention and cash from whatever source they can possibly hit on no matter how foolish it makes them look. They are on a fool's mission that doesn't need to be fed.

The best way to handle the Markles is already being done by not acknowledging them or giving them any kind of recognition whatsoever.

This is the second Meghan's friend article and they continue to puzzle me. Better to just stay completely quiet the last one had a quote that said "don't feel sorry for her dad, feel sorry for Meghan" which I doubt is the message KP wants to send out and why I can't take them seriously as sanctioned leaks by the palace.

Obviously these 'exclusive articles' by the Daily Fail are made up.. It's not rocket science, they serve a purpose - to prolong the coverage and hopefully get a rise out of those Markle Morons. Even if a 'friend'/ insider leak would take place why the hell would they take it to the vile and disgusting place that is the Fail? No paper smeared, dehumanised, demeaned and incited abused towards Meghan more than that propaganda tabloid.
btw, it still boggles my mind what putrid media laws we have in this country.

The only realistic 'sanctioned leak' I can think of is to the Telegraph about Mr Narcissus Sr's wedding attire being resold.

The only realistic 'sanctioned leak' I can think of is to the Telegraph about Mr Narcissus Sr's wedding attire being resold.

Actually I don't think that story was a sanctioned leak either. The source that confirms the purchase of the clothing that was being made for Mr. Markle came from the purchaser, himself. Johnno Spence.

At least the clothes came to some good use. :D

More than likley the friend is someone like Priddy who more than likely barely knows Meghan but on the DM payroll in order to advance and keep the story going.

KP should perhaps release something saying that anything regarding the father will be done privately.

KP should do exactly what they are doing now....NOTHING! Do not give the Markles any attention to suggest that they warrant some sort of importance! The BRF are on holidays....the tabloids need to make up stories to fill column inches, get clicks and comments from their base!

We have watched for ourselves as Sr. managed to behave well for a good year and a half then, seemingly overnight, explode into a tabloid-courting monster of bizarre choices and ill-advised interviews.
Perhaps managing restraint for a long while until he just can’t contain his worst impulses is his pattern of behavior.

If that pattern held true for Sr. and Doria’s relationship she would hardly be the first person to be swept off her feet by a seemingly kind and reliable lover, only to discover the personality she’d fallen for was really just a mask.

:previous: common sense response :flowers:

...but ignored it because of what he had to offer (as someone in the tv industry 12 years her senior)?

Perhaps the more appropriate question would be to ask why it is people like that often target/select partners much much younger than they are. Maybe because the usual targets are so much more malleable and naive to certain masked behaviors before manifestation.

KP should do exactly what they are doing now....NOTHING! Do not give the Markles any attention to suggest that they warrant some sort of importance! The BRF are on holidays....the tabloids need to make up stories to fill column inches, get clicks and comments from their base!

I agree. And if it warrants, let the legal teams step in. The Royals need do nothing when deviants repeatedly make a show of themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "friend exclusive" is more than likely made up or a "friend" who barely knows Meghan that they pay. P. Mrgan is in LA he was on a show called The Talk and the primary information he talked about was the "friend" which was something they made up to advance the narrative. PM doubled down on the poor befuddled privileged dad vs. Meghan who cuts people out of her life narrative. I suspect another ambush on Monday. PM is determined to cape for this abuser.

The only clear strategy I can see so far from the BRF towards Meghan's family issue is that seems to be an emphasis on Meghan doing family events. Starting from spending christmas as a fiancee at Sandringham to now after the wedding going on a solo trip with the Queen early on and most of her events (minus Ireland tour) have been family events.

They really emphasize on family events for Meghan so far which I think is frustrating for people who want to see her do solo events quickly but Meghan's biggest issue isn't whether she will work or not (she showed how during the engagement period how many events she attended) her issue is her family so they seem to really be making sure she gets to all of them and seen with them prominently as a part of the BRF.

I think Meghan attending family events is the BRF's way of saying they support her and they are not going to throw her over the side because of her mean spirited family.

The "friend exclusive" is more than likely made up or a "friend" who barely knows Meghan that they pay. P. Mrgan is in LA he was on a show called The Talk and the primary information he talked about was the "friend" which was something they made up to advance the narrative. PM doubled down on the poor befuddled privileged dad vs. Meghan who cuts people out of her life narrative. I suspect another ambush on Monday. PM is determined to cape for this abuser.

Piers has egg on his face for defending this hot mess of a father so he has to save face. Frankly, I think the media is fully aware of Dad and they set up these long interviews to build up the Markles to take them down. The Markles are not represented by attorneys or publicists and they are easy pickings. Someone is going to unearth really bad on them and watch Piers and company turn on them.

Piers has a very different reputation in US and UK. He's been here enough that some would recognize the name, but not enough for people to know how he truly is.

His position on the family issue is quite simple, whoever will speak to him is the side he's on. And of course, his natural desire to knock the royal family a little.

Piers Morgan's claim to fame right now in the US seems to be interviewing serial killers. Other than seeing the trailers for that TV show, I've really not seen or heard much of Piers Morgan here in the US.

So, if he's interviewing serial killers and fanning the flames of discontented e(strange)d family of a new British royal, it definitely puts the term "sensationalism journalist" as a tag to his name. Not the type I'd consider taking serious by any means.

But that's just me. :D

The only clear strategy I can see so far from the BRF towards Meghan's family issue is that seems to be an emphasis on Meghan doing family events. Starting from spending christmas as a fiancee at Sandringham to now after the wedding going on a solo trip with the Queen early on and most of her events (minus Ireland tour) have been family events.

They really emphasize on family events for Meghan so far which I think is frustrating for people who want to see her do solo events quickly but Meghan's biggest issue isn't whether she will work or not (she showed how during the engagement period how many events she attended) her issue is her family so they seem to really be making sure she gets to all of them and seen with them prominently as a part of the BRF.
I think Meghan attending family events is the BRF's way of saying they support her and they are not going to throw her over the side because of her mean spirited family.
I think the Christmas issue was merely a result of normal family dynamics. When William and Catherine were engaged he worked Christmas Day and Catherine spent it with her family. This option was clearly not an option for Meghan as she was in the UK with no family and so so the engaged couple did the normal thing. They spent it with Harry's family.

The fact that Harry's immediate family have taken her to their heart and seem to honestly care about her is the ultimate bonus for both Harry and Meghan and the ultimate disappointment for the Tabloids. Since then the BRF has demonstratively surrounded Meghan and become very protective when her father joined the angry chorus of her siblings venting their own hatred and envy upon her publically and with an almost unbelievable degree of malicious glee.

The determination to protect her is seen in any engagements she attends, a supportive and loving Harry, a comforting and warm Queen and she is never alone at present and is further from the media. After the innocent tweet debacle, they are not leaving anything to chance. Certainly not putting her in a position where some journo can get close enough to call her out on her family.

I guess we all now know how true Harry's comment was about her enjoying a real family Christmas.

Piers interviews with serial killers has been on our tv screens for a long time. Since at least last year before the engagement. Piers does a great job annoying the heck out of serial killers to the point where one stood up and walked away from him and the interview.
I haven't seen everyone just snippets. Not the sort of viewing to make me happy or entertained.

Although this morning i switched off the auto prediction thingy for when i am typing. And i am still having issues with my tablet. Now i could easily become a sbehrial killer and toss tkhis thing zalong with my computer and laptop into our muddy creek!!!!
N oncean O. No ocean close enough. Ha!

Last edited:
I don't buy the excuse that the reason journalists aren't allowed close enough to listen in on conversations is because they'll try to ask about her family.

The journalists who travel with them are part of a press pack that has traveled with all the royals for years. They know their job at these events is simply to observe. They don't try for gotcha moments because they know they will be swiftly removed from the regular rota where they have actually spent years trying to build up some form of a working professional relationship with the royals.

I think it's just the standard procedure for new royals. As Palmer said they did the same with Kate in the beginning as well.

Last edited:
:previous: Except they didn’t do it with Meghan in the beginning. She attended about 20 some events during engagement, and this wasn’t happening at those events. Meghan didn’t just start going to events after the wedding. I find it hard to believe that you wouldn’t want to protect someone the most at the very beginning, yet decide to do so after two dozen or so events without an incident. The only thing that’s changed that would cause them to go overly protective is the situation with her family. Reporters do ask questions about current going ons related to other members of the royal family at engagements. Perhaps it is felt that they should be safe rather than sorry and took that step. They obviously did that with Kate for different reason, but the same method can be used.

Last edited:
I think the Christmas issue was merely a result of normal family dynamics. When William and Catherine were engaged he worked Christmas Day and Catherine spent it with her family. This option was clearly not an option for Meghan as she was in the UK with no family and so so the engaged couple did the normal thing. They spent it with Harry's family.

The fact that Harry's immediate family have taken her to their heart and seem to honestly care about her is the ultimate bonus for both Harry and Meghan and the ultimate disappointment for the Tabloids. Since then the BRF has demonstratively surrounded Meghan and become very protective when her father joined the angry chorus of her siblings venting their own hatred and envy upon her publically and with an almost unbelievable degree of malicious glee.

The determination to protect her is seen in any engagements she attends, a supportive and loving Harry, a comforting and warm Queen and she is never alone at present and is further from the media. After the innocent tweet debacle, they are not leaving anything to chance. Certainly not putting her in a position where some journo can get close enough to call her out on her family.

I guess we all now know how true Harry's comment was about her enjoying a real family Christmas.

What is the "innocent tweet debacle"?

I find it interesting that the people most hateful to her , are her family members. The only relative to go to her wedding was her mom. She has no family members in a new country. I find that sad. Her Mom arrive 3 days before her wedding and left immediately after. I am really curious to know why no other family members beside her mom was at the wedding. It’s even more disturbing to have a father talk about his daughter this way.

What is the "innocent tweet debacle"?

I think this is in reference to Rookie tweeting out the date and location of Charlie's wedding. It seems the press were given access to try to contain the media interest since all the young royals are expected to attend but on the condition that the details of the wedding be kept under wraps likely for security purposes.

Local papers in the area now have articles about the royals coming to town. They also quoted Rookie's tweet saying the date of the wedding was not disclosed to the public until Rookie tweeted about it.

Niraj Tanna implied on Twitter that a certain prince isn't happy that Rookie tweeted out the date and location.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that the people most hateful to her , are her family members. The only relative to go to her wedding was her mom. She has no family members in a new country. I find that sad. Her Mom arrive 3 days before her wedding and left immediately after. I am really curious to know why no other family members beside her mom was at the wedding. It’s even more disturbing to have a father talk about his daughter this way.

We actually don't know if other family members other than her mom were at the wedding. The full wedding list hasn't been released. Perhaps there were some family, but they didn't want any publicity or to be mentioned.

Don’t know much about Doria’s Side of the family, but there’s a lot of family problems within the Markle side. Trouble is that some of them decided to go public with their private family issues once it became known that Meghan and Harry was dating. It was just the wrong thing to do. The media courted them and the family courted the media. All that family mess should just stay private and worked out behind closed doors.

Samantha Markle opened up a can of worms that can’t be closed again. It’s something that has snowballed into a real problem.

I just hope Meghan and Harry aren’t letting this stuff bother them and they’re busying themselves by have some good fun and looking forward to the important stuff ahead. The fall is a busy time for them. A new adventure could be coming some time in the new year.

Skimming throughout this thread I see quite a few serial posters hooked on the Markles so here is a Friday treat clip from TV News (like you havent seen it? Right!) enjoy......

Oh but she has. There's granny and grandpa and uncles and aunts and cousins by the dozens and brother and sister. We just know them as the British royal family. They've embraced and taken Meghan under their wing since the very beginning.

Its been rumored but never proven or disproved that there were other members of Meghan's American family at the wedding. With all the discontent making headlines in the media in the run up to the wedding, it would have been the most logical move to have them attend and celebrate with the bride and groom without making it public knowledge and fan the flames even more with the discontents.

Can't you just imagine the vitriol that would have arisen just from Samantha, herself, if she had realized that her own daughter who she doesn't have a relationship with either was at the wedding while Samantha wasn't invited? Sure, it would have been a huge slap in the face to Samantha but Meghan doesn't roll that way and wouldn't stoop to that level.

Skimming throughout this thread I see quite a few serial posters hooked on the Markles so here is a Friday treat clip from TV News (like you havent seen it? Right!) enjoy......

Would those cereal posters hooked on the Markles by any chance be referred to as Froot Loops?

Hadda do it. Couldn't resist. :hiding:

Would those cereal posters hooked on the Markles by any chance be referred to as Froot Loops?

Hadda do it. Couldn't resist. :hiding:

touché! Jolly good sport of you responding on behalf of the froot loops. Have a nice weekend! Waiting for another weekend scoop in the red tops and DF?!!

Don’t know much about Doria’s Side of the family, but there’s a lot of family problems within the Markle side. Trouble is that some of them decided to go public with their private family issues once it became known that Meghan and Harry was dating. It was just the wrong thing to do. The media courted them and the family courted the media. All that family mess should just stay private and worked out behind closed doors.

Samantha Markle opened up a can of worms that can’t be closed again. It’s something that has snowballed into a real problem.

Samantha's own mother has been quoted as saying that Sam started to blast Meghan in the media when news first broke about their relationship because she was hoping it would make Harry drop the relationship with Meghan. Sam has been obsessed with her and has been a terrible problem for Meghan for the past 20 years and is always asking her for money. <- all of this is from her mother

The unfortunate truth is some people are just terrible toxic people and unfortunately the situation now is that no matter how much Meghan tries to separate herself from these toxic people for her own well being the family and media is determined to never let her have a break from them.

It doesn't matter what the family problems are it doesn't matter what Meghan's relationship is with her mom or dad's side of the family. All of that is a private matter that unfortunately refuses to be private because the Markles won't shut up to the press and now they are dragging a private citizen who hasn't spoken to the press at all into this matter and are casting doubt about her.

If Carole and Gary were had a very tense and frosty relationship do we as royal watchers really care or want to know? Would it be considered newsworthy? No its their personal family business.

It doesn't matter how messy and complicated Meghan's family are because not everyone is fortunate enough to be born into a nice stable family, it's their willingness to use the press to humiliate, and emotionally abuse her that is the problem.

Last edited:
touché! Jolly good sport of you responding on behalf of the froot loops. Have a nice weekend! Waiting for another weekend scoop in the red tops and DF?!!

Well... us cereal posters known as Froot Loops of course are waiting to see what happens next. We *know* the tabloids are milking the cash cows for all they're worth and cereal requires milk to make a healthy meal. :D

Meghan's best friend of over 20 years lives in London. She very much is family. Glad she has that support outside of the royals there for her.

Samantha launched into attack mode the day the relationship was revealed. The media clung on her words and created this monster. It is eye rolling how they now want to talk down of her (and she is trash!) when they are the reason she stays in the spotlight.

Now they are doing it with Thomas. "He needs to stop" but they flew to Mexico to talk to him for 9 hours. I mean... what?

Meghan's best friend of over 20 years lives in London. She very much is family. Glad she has that support outside of the royals there for her.

THIS. It was very clear that Meghan had a huge support system with her in those pews that day even if only Doria shared her DNA. I really enjoyed seeing all their smiles grow behind Meghan as she said her vows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom