The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal opinion and this is just my opinion - but I don`t think this marriage will last for the reason of her family is going to be the one to put the nail in her coffin so too speak - that to me is what they are aiming for - buy putting her business out there for the world to know - like on TMZ was talking about that Megan lied on her resume and that she put down she was a stripper - her family will never go away and there is nothing she can do about it but just move on

I suspect the lawyers may well have to step in at some point. The horrid trio are already proven liars with extremely dysfunctional lives. Just study the relationship history each have had with their own individual immediate family. Very revealing...

And no, I seriously doubt H&M will ever allow that lot to come between them, and this is a couple that have had everything thrown at them these past two years. And yet they still stand strong together. So long as they maintain that distance & boundaries put in place to protect them from the overreach of the ghastly Markles they should be fine.

Last edited:
I think if her family can just keep quiet for 5 minutes just 5 minutes is all anyone is asking right at this moment

I completely disagree. Her 'family' don't know her business to put it out there. There's nothing to tell, what they haven't already told. Besides that, I actually think this will bring Meghan and Harry closer. Meghan is being abused by her half siblings and father, and that will bring the protective side out of Harry.

I'm with you that the Markle family has absolutely no power to do anything to bring Harry and Meghan down or even to cause a hair's width of a gulf between them. They are blowing smoke by the bucketfuls and the more they bleat and contradict themselves and make themselves out to be more "important" or "knowledgeable" than they are, the more they're discrediting themselves. These people may have grabbed the attention of the local villagers that know of Harry and Meghan but they're still facing the moat filled with piranhas looking for a good meal with the drawbridge up and an impenetrable portcullis that leads into the castle. Let's face it, these people have absolutely no real intelligence or wits about them to do any real damage whatsoever. It is said that a fool and his money are soon parted. Now we know how some fools get their money in the first place. :D

I think it did hurt Meghan to cut her father out of her life, I think she has Harry's full support either way. I also think, that Harry and Meghan pay less attention to what the markles do and say, than the markles or even us think, i don't think they even read their interviews or tweets, they have staff to do that. If there's legal issues, they have lawyers to deal with that. Basically, the markles are like an annoying gnat to them at this time, nothing more. Jmho.

Although I don't believe that Meghan is totally thrown for a loop by her father's behavior, I can imagine it does hurt profoundly that he's stooped this low and intends to keep it up. Her only course of action is not to respond to this behavior in any way, shape or form. She may sincerely love her father and mourn the loss of the relationship between them but knows what she needs to do to protect herself, her husband and her new family from (direct from Piers Morgan's mouth) vultures that are circling.

The Markles, themselves, may honestly believe that these interviews and tabloid headlines are a way to get a message across to Meghan but the truth of the matter is that she's not listening. She knows better than to subject herself to the gutter press and those gutter people the tabloids love to exploit.

The Markles are very clearly on their own at this point as most of them have been from the very beginning. Meghan, along with her new family is a class act whereas her e(strange)d family is a freak sideshow.

The thing with these people is that they’ve got NOTHING else going on in their lives. It’s sickening how they’ve dedicated their lives to publicly flog a woman who can’t respond. Especially Samantha. She’s only in her 50s. Whatever happened to life goals and accomplishments? Her obsession with a woman she hasn’t seen in a decade and the daily need to lash out about that woman is unhealthy to say the least.

And btw, I do have to point out the BS with media once again. If we think back to when the relationship first can out (I know it feels like a lifetime ago), it was Doria that was hit the hardest. Remember the Straight Outta Compton and thug stories about the African American side of Meghan’s family? And Samantha was actually given credibility for her vile comments about her half sister that had no basis. It’s sickening to see that Doria has to prove herself worthy while the other side was given creditibility until they proved themselves to be complete fools in some corners. If we really want to talk about unfair, it’s always been towards Doria.

Last edited:
The thing with these people is that they’ve got NOTHING else going on in their lives. It’s sickening how they’ve dedicated their lives to publicly flog a woman who can’t respond. Especially Samantha. She’s only in her 50s. Whatever happened to life goals and accomplishments? Her obsession with a woman she hasn’t seen in a decade and the daily need to lash out about that woman is unhealthy to say the least.

The part I've put in bold, IMO, is what fuels the Markles even more. I think they honestly do believe that Meghan *can't* respond to them at all and they have the way ahead free and clear to say and do what they want. Tom, Sr. seems to believe the Queen and all the PTB are enforcing a "code of silence" on Meghan and prohibiting her from speaking out. This isn't so.

Somehow, and in some way, I really wish that the lesson could be driven home to them that Meghan doesn't *want* to acknowledge that she even knows these people let alone have a battle of wits with unarmed people. I wish they would come to believe that as far as Meghan is concerned, they're nobodies worth paying attention to and that they're wasting not only their breath but also their lives on this vendetta.

Samantha badmouths both Meghan and Doria on twitter in the most denigrating manner, knowing mother & daughter can hardly respond. Thomas Markle siding with Samantha and openly backing that behaviour that’s gone on ever since H&M’s relationship came to light and even blaming Meghan for it has to be one of the most disgusting parental displays I’ve ever seen. That’s a betrayal I’d never forgive, he’d be disowned.

Last edited:
My personal opinion and this is just my opinion - but I don`t think this marriage will last for the reason of her family is going to be the one to put the nail in her coffin so too speak - that to me is what they are aiming for - buy putting her business out there for the world to know - like on TMZ was talking about that Megan lied on her resume and that she put down she was a stripper - her family will never go away and there is nothing she can do about it but just move on

The royal family as a whole, as well as specific members (Harry included) have dealt with far worse than this, and have always handled it discreetly with grace and integrity. This is no doubt painful for Meghan and I'm sure has not been easy, but I think she has a strong ally in Harry and in the BRF. I don't think that this will tear the marriage apart. Both she and Harry are built of tougher stuff than that.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if attorneys have to get involved if Thomas Sr. and the siblings keep speaking out and acting out, especially once they have children. The BRF gets very protective and proactive when there are children who may be affected in a situation.

I do have to admit to having sympathy for a section of people that right now seem to be bearing the brunt of all the Markle mayhem that abounds. The staff at Kensington Palace.

It has become the norm that at the end of any "Markle" related article, at the end is the disclaimer that they had contacted KP who refused to comment. Those workers at KP that are contacted must be murmuring "no comment" in their dreams right about now. :whistling:

The more Sr. talks, the more he comes off as the kind of dufus who takes a "you can't tell me what to do" attitude into every aspect of his life, even if it means things fall down crumbling around him. Especially since that's the kind of direction his mind goes in regards to Meghan: "she's not acting the way I would because she's letting other people tell her what she can and can't do."

If that's at the core of his personality, I have to wonder if there were efforts to introduce Harry to him earlier that fell apart because he wasn't willing to deal with Harry's security needs. As many have pointed out here before, Harry could have certainly found a way to get to Mexico to meet Sr. on his own terms--but that could only have happened if Sr. was willing to let security check out his place, post a bodyguard, etc. or alternately meet them at a location they'd determined was secure enough. But that would mean Sr. letting them have some authority over his movement or in his home, and I'm getting the feeling he's a prideful man who would take that as an attack on his self-sufficiency or self-determination rather than seeing how reasonable it is for a royal to take precautions.

The more Sr. talks, the more he comes off as the kind of dufus who takes a "you can't tell me what to do" attitude into every aspect of his life, even if it means things fall down crumbling around him. Especially since that's the kind of direction his mind goes in regards to Meghan: "she's not acting the way I would because she's letting other people tell her what she can and can't do."

If that's at the core of his personality, I have to wonder if there were efforts to introduce Harry to him earlier that fell apart because he wasn't willing to deal with Harry's security needs. As many have pointed out here before, Harry could have certainly found a way to get to Mexico to meet Sr. on his own terms--but that could only have happened if Sr. was willing to let security check out his place, post a bodyguard, etc. or alternately meet them at a location they'd determined was secure enough. But that would mean Sr. letting them have some authority over his movement or in his home, and I'm getting the feeling he's a prideful man who would take that as an attack on his self-sufficiency or self-determination rather than seeing how reasonable it is for a royal to take precautions.

Or maybe even inadvertently thinking that the security sweeps and bodyguards and all that goes with royal protection wherever Harry goes, was directed at *him* being seen as a possible threat to Harry. Perhaps he expected Harry and Meghan to walk through his front door for a visit on his own whims without the necessary precautions that surrounded Harry then (and Meghan now) as is the norm. He would have felt that he was being "checked out" and "approved" for a visit to ensue and balked at being "processed" and deemed worthy and backed away.

We don't know how this man's mind works and to be absolutely honest, I really don't think he knows either for the most part as he does tend to flip flop from "beloved father" to "antagonist to the nth degree" sometimes in the same interview.

Last edited:
Reading the language used in these interviews, by Mr Markle himself, then seeing the behaviours and language his eldest children use, it just paints a picture of a very manipulative, emotionally abusive and cruel man. That 'she is who she's today because of him, she owes him because of that' and her getting her attitude from her mother, then trash talking Doria, Meghan, Harry, really anyone who has Meghan's best interest at heart, are huge red flags of abuse. Junior showed previously exactly similar behaviour in his attempts to blackmail Meghan, then humiliate her. Samantha has done that openly on her twitter and in her interviews. According to his own admission, Mr Markle used drugs to cope when Meghan was growing up. (interestingly, no articles picking this up, I can only imagine the headlines, had Doria admitted this...). It seems like, with all the estrangements, domestic abuse, pulling guns on people, alcohol and substance abuse, emotional abuse, that the Markle household was a horrible place to grow up in.
To add insult to injury he goes on record in a paper renowned for its dog whistling racial baiting against Meghan & her mum - And he accuses his biracial daughter of having a “superiority complex” (a not too dissimilar term for ‘uppity’)

What a charming father...

Last edited:
With his personality it is easy to see why he would consider Hollywood especially stressful. In his work he would have had to work closely with others as a team and that doesn't seem to be one of his strong points. Maybe his excuse for using drugs.

If following Meghan has told me anything its that the filming sessions that Tom, Sr. would be responsible for lighting just right wasn't accomplished in a easy and straightforward manner. We've heard Meghan say that a lot of times, filming episodes could go on into the wee hours of the night. From what I gather, it could be quite stressful for everyone and involve many hours of takes and retakes.

I'm not seeing Tom, Sr.'s "drug use" as being as dire as its made out to be that would perhaps put him in the category of being a full blown addict and dependent on a narcotic but rather a man that sometimes might have used "mother's little helpers" that would have helped him stay awake and focused for the long hours he was working. I don't know Tom, Sr. nor do I know what his "drug use" entailed but in this respect, I do have to give him the benefit of the doubt that its a *dire* black mark against him now.

One slip of the tongue that Tom, Sr. makes and its easy to take it way out of proportion and over emphasize something that may or may not have been.

I do not condone Tom, Sr's behavior of late by any means and would actually have a hard time defending the man at this point but when it comes to this issue, I think he deserves to be treated fairly on it.

Osipi [1368] I understand what you are saying and although I might agree with the "drug" issue, he once again opened his mouth. Plus after all the nasty crap remarks he has told about Meghan, Harry and the Queen while now praising that mutation Samantha, I believe he deserves a bit of the "hot seat" just to see how the media can turn. I have just read another site where they have delved into Sr, Jr and mostly Samantha's past. They stated that already have 50% certified documents and will be throwing them out to public within the next few weeks. BTW. Samantha certainly didn't get a PH'D in anything like once was mentioned. In fact, they are hard pressed to locate a really proper job she ever made good money at in the past. Seems these vile comments about her hated sister is her "cash cow" forever. Charming people. JMO Will be off computer for awhile due to volunteering commitments. Hope everyone's summer lovely.

I not only feel bad about Meghan having to deal with this, but for the fact that Tom isn’t establishing a good family relationship with Charles, Camilla and the Cambridge’s. I’m not saying that Doria isn’t enough of a support system for Meghan, but I just think it’s important that Meghan have the support of both her parents and that relations with the Wales and Cambridge branch is on a firm footing.

Mr. Markle need to get over himself and think about what’s best for Meghan. She needs him to be a supportive and loving dad, not a thorn in her side.

While it would be desirable for Doria (and Tom) to have a nice relationship with Charles and the rest of his family...it really isnt' necessary IMO since the parties involved lived in two separate countries. It's not like Kate's parents who live in the UK, babysit when William and Kate are on tour, etc.

Most likely Doria will come over for some holidays, potential births and christenings. I am confident that Doria and Charles will have a nice relationship and comfortable relationship so that when she visits if and when Charles is available, things will be friendly.

I don't see that happening for Thomas Sr., and this was before he decided to sell his soul to the media.

In regards to the media finding out stuff about the Markles...that's another aspect that I don't understand. Somehow, someone has got their hands on the notes regarding the relationship with Samantha and her daughter Noelle, and it doesn't look pretty on Sam's side. These aren't rumors but stated facts. How are you going on preaching about a lack of a relationship between Meghan and her father, when she (Sam) doesn't have a relationship with any of her kids.

Basically, the potential for the British media to dig up and publish embarrassing details of their lives should be a concern.

I am really surprised the British media hasn't turned on her fully and started to report this. I mean, again...let's do a recap. Thomas, Sr., Samantha and Thomas Jr., desire a relationship with Meghan BUT

Thomas Sr. - doesn't speak with Thomas, Jr. or any of his grandchildren. I don't believe he speaks with Samantha's kids and the Dooley children didn't seem too concerned when he had his heart attack.

Thomas jr. doesn't speak with Thomas Jr., Samantha or his children (two sons).

Samantha doesn't speak with Thomas Jr., her mother Roslyn, or any of her children (she has three).

AND YET THEY ALL TALK AT GREAT LENGTH ABOUT THE LACK OF RELATIONSHIP THEY HAVE MEGHAN.

I wonder if they put that much effort in trying to repair the relationships listed above?

:previous:

To be fair, they've put exactly as much effort in trying to repair those relationships as they've put effort into trying to repair the relationship with Meghan.

Zero.

All of their efforts regarding Meghan have been aimed at abusing her into capitulating to them and/or getting attention for themselves. Absolutely no effort has been spent trying to repair the relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO here, the *only* reason any one of the Markle's want contact with Meghan is not Meghan herself but who she is married to, they want IN with the BFF period........that is their end goal I firmly believe. They want to be right where Meghan is today, inside that royal circle with all that it entails....money, power, perks, riches beyond anyone else's belief. They want to be seen and heard for themselves and the hell with Meghan, she is their stepping stone to all that they want and they will step all over her to get there by any means...... well that door/drawbridge is firmly up and they will never get across that moat period. So let them scream and yell their fool heads off to the high heavens for no one is home and NO Meghan does not need a parent who is a selfish bully and a cruel hateful mean spirited father in her life....

Last edited:
I wonder if they put that much effort in trying to repair the relationships listed above?

Of course they wouldn't. There's nothing in it for them to do so. I think the only person that may be interested in these people's familial relationships and want to do something about it would be Jerry Springer. There'd be something in that for him. An audience. :D

Tom, Sr. had heart procedures and none of his children or grandchildren were concerned enough to be there. Where were they? The Dooleys were tooling around the UK thinking at first they were to be royal correspondents for the wedding. Tom, Jr. was photographed outside of Windsor Castle but not much more came out of that. Samantha watched the wedding from her home complete with TV film crews there and "make believe" guards outside her home. The wedding they weren't invited to was of more importance to them than Tom, Sr. Tom, Jr. did go to see his father and ambushed him but it was a set up with photographers in tow. Samantha is aiming for the big bucks with an appearance on Celebrity Big Brother (bet that's also scratched by now) and Tom, Jr. and his fiance, Darlene Blount are still living their happily never after and giving their local police force a run for their tax dollars paid. Only time they're getting their pictures taken it seems these days. The Dooleys? Well... we've not heard much from that corner since the wedding. Probably sitting back and enjoying Markle's Sparkle to their heart's content and watching this soap opera play out.

I'm hard pressed to even call these people a "family". They're much more an episode on the National Geographic channel entitled "Predators in their natural habitat". Only way these people would get a factual documentary. ;)

While it would be desirable for Doria (and Tom) to have a nice relationship with Charles and the rest of his family...it really isnt' necessary IMO since the parties involved lived in two separate countries. It's not like Kate's parents who live in the UK, babysit when William and Kate are on tour, etc.

Most likely Doria will come over for some holidays, potential births and christenings. I am confident that Doria and Charles will have a nice relationship and comfortable relationship so that when she visits if and when Charles is available, things will be friendly.

I don't see that happening for Thomas Sr., and this was before he decided to sell his soul to the media.

In regards to the media finding out stuff about the Markles...that's another aspect that I don't understand. Somehow, someone has got their hands on the notes regarding the relationship with Samantha and her daughter Noelle, and it doesn't look pretty on Sam's side. These aren't rumors but stated facts. How are you going on preaching about a lack of a relationship between Meghan and her father, when she (Sam) doesn't have a relationship with any of her kids.

Basically, the potential for the British media to dig up and publish embarrassing details of their lives should be a concern.

I am really surprised the British media hasn't turned on her fully and started to report this. I mean, again...let's do a recap. Thomas, Sr., Samantha and Thomas Jr., desire a relationship with Meghan BUT

Thomas Sr. - doesn't speak with Thomas, Jr. or any of his grandchildren. I don't believe he speaks with Samantha's kids and the Dooley children didn't seem too concerned when he had his heart attack.

Thomas jr. doesn't speak with Thomas Jr., Samantha or his children (two sons).

Samantha doesn't speak with Thomas Jr., her mother Roslyn, or any of her children (she has three).

AND YET THEY ALL TALK AT GREAT LENGTH ABOUT THE LACK OF RELATIONSHIP THEY HAVE MEGHAN.

Well, I could understand that if we were talking about Meghan’s cousins or step-siblings. But we’re talking about her father. Meghan will get pregnant soon and her father will likely make it over to London to see the baby and for the christening. It’s gonna very awkward if relations are strained.

I don’t want imagine how things will play out when the babies come and this same situation continues.

:previous: Sorry, I don't think Thomas Sr., will get anywhere close to any Sussex Children. Its going to take time and a lot of not talking to the media for Tom and Meghan to repair their relationship.

And while there is a a lot we don't know about the relationship, I do know he said some pretty mean things (i.e. he made Meghan, I am getting ready to unload, I don't care if I meet Harry) in his most recent interview and based on the "feeling" that I get...I can't imagine his apologizing any time soon. Cause you know, he won't be silenced or anything liek that.

In addition, he is on the same continent of some of his other grandchildren (including those by his beloved Samantha) does he see them? What makes Meghan's potential grandchildren so important?

No need to answer the question...we can all pretty much guess the answer.

I have no proof or anything but I believe he is listening to Samantha on what to say, and she isn't doing him any favors. AT ALL.

Dman, the way things are right now, I don't see Tom, Sr. being invited to the UK for any kind of a family gathering with the BRF whatsoever.

He may be her father biologically but he's certainly not behaving as a loving father would. No person has the right to use and abuse another human being the way Tom, Sr. has been treating his daughter regardless of family connections by blood.

Its just too bad that adult children cannot legally "divorce" a parent that treats them badly. No one should allow or tolerate any kind of abusive behavior at any time.

Tom, Sr. has burnt his bridges and most likely will never meet any of Meghan's new family at all. Its not in the cards for him any longer. Its sad but sometimes one has to protect themselves and their loved ones from toxic people and you don't get much more toxic than the Markles.

Well, I could understand that if we were talking about Meghan’s cousins or step-siblings. But we’re talking about her father. Meghan will get pregnant soon and her father will likely make it over to London to see the baby and for the christening. It’s gonna very awkward if relations are strained.

I don’t want imagine how things will play out when the babies come and this same situation continues.

I don't think Mr Markle is going to be invited to London to see any babies. Or christening. I don't think he will be invited to anywhere by Meghan any time soon.

Just because Mr Markle is Meghan's father, doesn't mean that a close relationship with him is good for Meghan. The language he uses about Meghan is textbook abuser talk. He has no love or respect for her. He doesn't want her happy, if he isn't at the centre of that, and the highlight of that. And he couldn't be trusted by Meghan, with his mentality, that he has every right to make money out of Meghan, and speak about her private matters to the press, he would sneak a camera in and take a picture of the baby and sell it.

It’ll all just create more chaos, if he’s kept away from any Sussex crumbs snatchers. Not speculating though. It’s just that I don’t see any good coming out of this bizarre situation, if it continues.

He didn't make it over for her wedding and now after his attack interviews I doubt he will be going across the pond in the future.

All the markles can do is spout to the tabloids. It's annoying, but that's it. They'll get more hateful, or more positive, but it still will be the same, just shouting to the tabloids.

Why do you think this man will be invited to such events? I seriously doubt this man will ever see Meghan again, let alone any of her children.

It occurs to me that Markle Sr. might try to confront/ambush Meghan in a public place, walkabout, etc. But he’s not a man whose appearance would enable him to hide in a crowd! I’m sure the Sussex security team will know what he looks like.

Now I do agree that he is not really entitled to any real relationship with his daughter....but:
If I were she, I would release an open letter of sorts:

Dear Dad:
I’m sorry that our relationship is not good. I am adjusting to marriage, to a new country, to a new family, and to a new position and its requirements.
I hope that you understand and that we can reconnect in the future.

She takes the high road with a totally non-committal statement, and he has an opportunity and a reason to keep his mouth shut.

:previous:

And then he can take this letter to the press and do a whole nother round of press? To make up stories about how she's struggling? No thanks.

I'm not sure WHY people insist on talking about any potential children in this situation. Children are children, and is NOT any part of this. This reminds me of divorced parents that use their kids as pawns. Don't use them as scapegoats as if Meghan has to deal with Tom for them. This same situation can continue as is when any children come. I have no doubt they'd be protected from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom