The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well according the Sr now he does not want to met Harry, that is fine for Sr just shut the door to any relationship that he might have had with his son in law with the very type of abuse he is subjecting his daughter to. And the palace is not keeping Sr quiet, they could care less about his tirades. Sr really needs lessons in how the BRF thinks and operates.......what a fool he is making of himself now now more then ever....:eek:

To me that seems unlikely. I think that Meghan sincerely thought her father was going to come over for her wedding. I wouldn't call it saving face when all of it is blowing up (as was to be expected if the intention truly was for him NOT to attend). Whether mr Markle himself truly intended to attend is a different question; he might not have been consistent... he probably truly wanted to attend and play one of the main roles at the wedding and meet all those important people/royals but on the other hand was terrified of doing so.

That sounds like the most likely scenario to me. No one would go to the length of publicly announcing the plan and have it printed in the program only for the plan to be something else. NO ONE enjoys or deserves having that type of drama the week of their wedding.

Speaking as someone with a parent that has the tendency to be unreliable in moments when you most need him to be reliable, some people just can't help themselves but screw up when it's important.

Well according the Sr now he does not want to met Harry, that is fine for Sr just shut the door to any relationship that he might have had with his son in law with the very type of abuse he is subjecting his daughter to. And the palace is not keeping Sr quiet, they could care less about his tirades. Sr really needs lessons in how the BRF thinks and operates.......what a fool he is making of himself now now more then ever....:eek:

Some people just don't know to quit while they are ahead. A LOT of people were having sympathy for him when this whole mess came out and actually blamed Harry and KP. Now he just made them all realize it's just him being a screw up.

And if he doesn't want to meet his son-in-law, why does he want to talk to his daughter so bad as he claims?

Last edited by a moderator:

How do you propose "the palace" keep Tom Sr quiet? What makes you think he cares or wants to know what the BRF thinks or how they "operate"?

To me that seems unlikely. I think that Meghan sincerely thought her father was going to come over for her wedding. I wouldn't call it saving face when all of it is blowing up (as was to be expected if the intention truly was for him NOT to attend). Whether mr Markle himself truly intended to attend is a different question; he might not have been consistent... he probably truly wanted to attend and play one of the main roles at the wedding and meet all those important people/royals but on the other hand was terrified of doing so.

I agree with you and Jacqui on this. I think there was every intention of dad being at and in the wedding. I do think he sabotaged himself because he did but didn't want to go to the wedding. But now he has really gone off the deep end.

OH-A

I think I worded that wrong....I was quoting Sr here not what I thought was to be.......:lol::lol:, the only way I believe KP or BP operates is that in the past they do not respond to this type of behavior, they stay quiet and behind that drawbridge as I put it.....Sr has no idea how the royal family thinks or how they operate yet now he might get the idea that no response coming from Meghan or Harry or anyone is how they do things and that is not his way of doing anything as we see he has to shut to the world his opinion and needs and wants and desires..........so let him shout off to anyone that wants to hear him and he will continue to make a fool of himself....:lol:

I agree with you and Jacqui on this. I think there was every intention of dad being at and in the wedding. I do think he sabotaged himself because he did but didn't want to go to the wedding. But now he has really gone off the deep end.

I don't know if he truly didn't want to go. But just took the coward's way out once photogate came out. And of course, he just spiraled out of control from then. He doesn't understand that there are certain things you just have to let go of. Stop digging a bigger hole.

Thomas was clearly going to be at the wedding. He was in the order of service. They made the announcement of him walking her down the aisle. That was the plan. He changed it. It was all for the best though. Major blessing in disguise.

I don't see why Samantha has to drag Gabriella, and her sleazy former boyfriend, into this!

That incident (with Gabriella) took place (IF it truly did) over a decade ago!
Why dredge it up again? Does Samantha think it will make the Markles look better?

I don't see why Samantha has to drag Gabriella, and her sleazy former boyfriend, into this!

Why dredge it up again? Does Samantha think it will make the Markles look better?

Let's be honest, Samantha doesn't care about anyone looking good other than herself. And she also happens to have a warped sense of what makes her look good.

I feel like Samantha thinks she is the star of her own reality show that she created in her own mind. Nothing matters or exists except to use as foils for her drama (including her father.)

Samantha is basking in the fact that her father is finally paying attention to her. That is all she clearly longed for. She has been jealous and resentful of Meghan since the day she was born because she took all of their dad's focus. With Thomas angry at Meghan, he is leaning on Samantha who is stroking his ego and telling the world he is amazing and deserves to be respected. "Bow to the daddy" is her weird catchphrase. So, yes, she is warped. She can insult everyone but if you insult her dad than the world is ending.

Who is Gabriella?

I'm with Omid Mio Scobie's tweet dismissing Markle Snr's whining:

BTW, Omid's OnHeir podcast with Emily Andrews is taking a break until August 23, since the royals are on summer break.

Meanwhile, 'Markle Snr and mindless older children from Hell,' Episode whatever seriously needs to be cancelled, blocked, deleted, erased, ignored, thrown in the trash bin. Markle Snr is reminding me of one of Michael Jackson's Thriller zombies. The only thing is, Markle Snr can't dance, he can't act, he can't sing (even his whining is subpar), and he ain't thrilling at all. Although he is getting scarier and uglier every time he opens his mouth. By now, he's dug a hole so deep, he might as well jump in already.

The British royal family can't and won't be bothered by such stupid, ignorant blather. Markle Snr apparently has no idea who he's messing with. Dignity and silence are the name of the game when it comes to tabloid-generated ploys such as what's going on here. The sorry, dysfunctional Markle crew need to bugger off. Markle Snr is like an annoying fly buzzing around palace walls but can't get in. He's not even worth the bother of lifting a fly swatter at this point. And Ingrid Seward needs to check her sob-story sympathy angle toward Markle Snr, and her thinly veiled negative swipes at the Duchess of Sussex, which ain't winning Seward points from anyone she might be attempting to impress or provoke within royal circles.

The louder Markle Snr buzzes, the tighter and more enveloping the protective, loving embrace becomes that surrounds Duchess Meghan. And this unbreachable embrace is manned by her new family: the British royal family, her dear mother, her friends & her husband's inner circle, as well as royal followers around the world who are decent and caring, and who have good sense.

Last edited:
Who is Gabriella?

Lady Gabriella Windsor. Her ex-boyfriend trash talked about some members of the Royal family a few months ago- a number of years after he and Gabriella broke up.
It really has nothing to do with anything but Samantha brought it up in one of her rants.

Meanwhile, 'Markle Snr and mindless older children from Hell,' Episode whatever seriously needs to be cancelled, blocked, deleted, erased, ignored, thrown in the trash bin.

As long as there is money to be made the Markles will continue to spew and the tabs will keep paying because they are getting click$. I'm actually surprised Samantha has made a comeback from the 'vulture' interview with Piers, I thought she was done after that. But apparently there is enough interest in what the Markles have to say that they'll keep dredging.

Reading the language used in these interviews, by Mr Markle himself, then seeing the behaviours and language his eldest children use, it just paints a picture of a very manipulative, emotionally abusive and cruel man. That 'she is who she's today because of him, she owes him because of that' and her getting her attitude from her mother, then trash talking Doria, Meghan, Harry, really anyone who has Meghan's best interest at heart, are huge red flags of abuse. Junior showed previously exactly similar behaviour in his attempts to blackmail Meghan, then humiliate her. Samantha has done that openly on her twitter and in her interviews. According to his own admission, Mr Markle used drugs to cope when Meghan was growing up. (interestingly, no articles picking this up, I can only imagine the headlines, had Doria admitted this...). It seems like, with all the estrangements, domestic abuse, pulling guns on people, alcohol and substance abuse, emotional abuse, that the Markle household was a horrible place to grow up in.

I think Meghan getting the role on Suits was a huge blessing in multiple ways, not just for her career. Her moving to Canada naturally brought a geographical distance that forced a longer separation between Meghan and the markles. I forgot who said it about Meghan, but they said, that after her divorce, Meghan simply flourished, she was free. Personally I don't think it was only about her divorce, I think she also began to flourish, because she was free from the abusive hold of the Markles.

I also think, that the distance healed the relationship between Meghan and her father a bit. The relationship was maintained mostly through phone calls and FaceTime. Meghan was away from the whole environment, and her dad couldn't play the same manipulative games with her. This wedding, and Mr Markle being initially big part of it, brought all the nasty back. I think there were a lot of last minute cancellations by Mr Markle when meetings were set up. I think he became again the same manipulative, self serving, and unreliable father he used to be. I don't think a lot of this behaviour is a surprise to Meghan, and i don't think her cutting him off was the first time. I just think this time Meghan has an actual healthier support system backing her up. Her husband is fully in her corner, her new in laws fully support her. For their own messiness, I think Meghan is for the first time seeing and feeling a much healthier family, and that is making her cutting her father out of her life much easier.

At least the media doesn't have "I so love my darling daughter"-pics from the wedding, but cn only run the old ones again and again.

Her husband is fully in her corner, her new in laws fully support her. For their own messiness, I think Meghan is for the first time seeing and feeling a much healthier family, and that is making her cutting her father out of her life much easier.

When I think how Camilla has stoically walked through all the mud the tabloids have thrown her way and never engaged with them or her accusers, I believe Meghan has in fact very knowlegeable and caring advisors. Charles, Camilla and Charles' sons IMHO know all there is about tabloid abuse and how to cope with it, especially when another family member helped the media to get information. Well, that hole was closed before it even could be used by the Markles.

Thomas was clearly going to be at the wedding. He was in the order of service. They made the announcement of him walking her down the aisle. That was the plan. He changed it. It was all for the best though. Major blessing in disguise.

Exactly! Just as described by a commenter who responded to Omid Scobie's tweet dismissing Markle Snr that I linked earlier. Here's the commenter's post:

"[Markle Snr] not walking Meghan up the aisle was God reminding us that he does not sleep, he had/s her back. God is good. #shedodgedthatbullet"

Reading the language used in these interviews, by Mr Markle himself, then seeing the behaviours and language his eldest children use, it just paints a picture of a very manipulative, emotionally abusive and cruel man. That 'she is who she's today because of him, she owes him because of that' and her getting her attitude from her mother, then trash talking Doria, Meghan, Harry, really anyone who has Meghan's best interest at heart, are huge red flags of abuse. Junior showed previously exactly similar behaviour in his attempts to blackmail Meghan, then humiliate her. Samantha has done that openly on her twitter and in her interviews. According to his own admission, Mr Markle used drugs to cope when Meghan was growing up. (interestingly, no articles picking this up, I can only imagine the headlines, had Doria admitted this...). It seems like, with all the estrangements, domestic abuse, pulling guns on people, alcohol and substance abuse, emotional abuse, that the Markle household was a horrible place to grow up in.

I think Meghan getting the role on Suits was a huge blessing in multiple ways, not just for her career. Her moving to Canada naturally brought a geographical distance that forced a longer separation between Meghan and the markles. I forgot who said it about Meghan, but they said, that after her divorce, Meghan simply flourished, she was free. Personally I don't think it was only about her divorce, I think she also began to flourish, because she was free from the abusive hold of the Markles.

I also think, that the distance healed the relationship between Meghan and her father a bit. The relationship was maintained mostly through phone calls and FaceTime. Meghan was away from the whole environment, and her dad couldn't play the same manipulative games with her. This wedding, and Mr Markle being initially big part of it, brought all the nasty back. I think there were a lot of last minute cancellations by Mr Markle when meetings were set up. I think he became again the same manipulative, self serving, and unreliable father he used to be. I don't think a lot of this behaviour is a surprise to Meghan, and i don't think her cutting him off was the first time. I just think this time Meghan has an actual healthier support system backing her up. Her husband is fully in her corner, her new in laws fully support her. For their own messiness, I think Meghan is for the first time seeing and feeling a much healthier family, and that is making her cutting her father out of her life much easier.

Well that man contradicts himself a lot, there are just so many inconsistencies in the interviews he’s given. The man is a liar.

But dragging Meghan’s mum is a new low even for him. Not surprising though given his NOW exposed character.

He has been offerend a quite inconspicous way out of the papped pictures, but he decided to go his own way, whoever told him to ignore the offer by KP (I can only speculate who that person was).

Another question: what about his other grandchildren? Is he in contanct with them on a regular basis?

Catching up here after a good long sleep. As far as Samantha crying "victims!" and lashing out that she and her father are being mocked and flogged, there's the old saying that goes "If one person calls you an ass, you can pretty much ignore it and get on with things. When it seems everyone around you is calling you an ass, its time to go out and buy a saddle." They also need to invest in saddle soap. Law of cause and effect tells us if you dish it out, you best be prepared to have it all come back in your face.

Its becoming clear to me also that Tom, Sr. is blaming the royal family for the "silent treatment". I think he honestly thinks that Meghan is not *allowed* to speak to her father and that the Queen, the royal family and the PTB in the palace are putting a gag on her. He sees them manipulating Meghan just as he is trying to do. Why else would he think that when he talks to his daughter finally, they'll get a giggle out of it. I think the man honestly believes that Meghan is his daughter and by being that, he's got a sense of power over her and she should still do his bidding no matter what his behavior is.

I've also seen in various places that there is a rumor of Meghan heading to the US on her own to visit "family and friends" and Samantha is calling for her to sit down with her father and work things out. I do not know as a fact whether Meghan is going to the US or not (its very possible) but I can almost guarantee that a quiet sit down with Tom, Sr. is not going to happen. It cannot be forced. No matter where Meghan goes, the security around her will guarantee that no one will have access to her unless she wills it. With this rumor even in place, all tabloid eyes will be following Tom, Sr. to see what happens and that right there would prevent a "quiet" sit down in private and be splashed all over the front pages the next day.

The Markles are not people that are able to read the handwriting on the wall that is there in big, bold letters. Their egos prevent them for seeing that they, themselves are at the root of the problem and Samantha is enjoying every last bit of publicity she can garner from anyone. I'd be willing to bet my last T-bone smothered in portobello mushrooms that its her intention to keep this going for as long as she can. Meghan doesn't matter. Meghan never mattered to her really, she's a mean to an end to be used and abused for her own purposes. She's blatantly called Meghan a "social climber" among other things. Samantha is vividly showing the world how this is done by stepping on someone else to climb.

It wasn't all that long ago that we were discussing just how Meghan would be able to fit in and adapt to life in the royal family and in the UK and be accepted by the British public as a whole. As we look back now with 20/20 hindsight, I think we can honestly see how the Markle clan has made it easier for her. The Markles, being so nastily aggressive to destroy her, have caused her new family and her new adopted country to pull in the ranks and surround her with support and claim her as one of their own. Every black cloud has its silver lining if one looks for it. :D

Last edited:
Even if Meghan hadn’t got a role on Suits and moved to Canada she’d still be the good natured person she is. She was doing good deeds as a youngster and teenager and I truly believe she benefited greatly from having a brilliant primary role model in her mother Doria Ragland. Without her mum’s positive input & influence to balance things out Meghan could easily have ended up just as nasty and entitled as Sr, and his eldest two offspring Samantha & Jr.

She’s turned out to be a strong adult woman who won’t tolerate rubbish/abusive behaviour from certain relatives in spite of what she must have endured whilst spending time around the vicinity of these people as a youngster.

Materialism/money isn’t always everything but a good character goes a long way...

Last edited:
I think Doria picked the absolutely most brilliant nickname for her daughter that should could have. "Flower". Meghan, through Doria's constant watering and feeing and weeding and caring for her growth through life, really blossomed into a beautiful woman. Inside and out. :D

I do have to, though, give some credit to the Markle side of the family for how she turned out in her adult life. Perhaps the best thing they could have done for her is to show her how *not* to be and reject their influences. ;)

Last edited:
I think Doria picked the absolutely most brilliant nickname for her daughter that should could have. "Flower". Meghan, through Doria's constant watering and feeing and weeding and caring for her growth through life, really blossomed into a beautiful woman. Inside and out. :D

I do have to, though, give some credit to the Markle side of the family for how she turned out in her adult life. Perhaps the best thing they could have done for her is to show her how *not* to be and reject their influences. ;)

The possessiveness over her from that side is just creepy. No one OWNS Meghan, not Sr, not Samantha or whoever. She is not chattel. He is not her ‘massa’.

The one thing I have always thought of was what was so bad in that house that made Doria want to leave and take Meghan with her while she was just a toddler? There was bad vibes in that house that drove her out and she then could make a life for her daughter herself as she saw what she did not want for Meghan. Doria had the foresight to leave and that saved Meghan, helped Meghan to become the fabulous young woman she is today.....Meghan certainly has the family now that she did not have before........Harry found his soulmate and that is a done deal as far as I can see........

The state of affairs of the household when Meghan was a wee one is something we will never know although we've been given glimpses into it. It does seem that Doria and Tom were able to maintain a congenial relationship afterwards and both contributed to raising Meghan.

Samantha and Tom, Jr. went on with their lives and probably never gave much thought to Meghan or her mother much after the divorce went through but as Meghan rose to prominence in her acting career and then met and married Harry, like bugs coming out of the woodwork, they saw an advantage Meghan could provide for them and used it to the fullest.

After a lifetime of knowing the Markles, I don't think that their behavior has come as too much of an unexpected shock to her. They were her father's first family and probably not ever more than that.

My personal opinion and this is just my opinion - but I don`t think this marriage will last for the reason of her family is going to be the one to put the nail in her coffin so too speak - that to me is what they are aiming for - buy putting her business out there for the world to know - like on TMZ was talking about that Megan lied on her resume and that she put down she was a stripper - her family will never go away and there is nothing she can do about it but just move on

My personal opinion and this is just my opinion - but I don`t think this marriage will last for the reason of her family is going to be the one to put the nail in her coffin so too speak - that to me is what they are aiming for - buy putting her business out there for the world to know - like on TMZ was talking about that Megan lied on her resume and that she put down she was a stripper - her family will never go away and there is nothing she can do about it but just move on

The BRF has weathered harder stuff, worse betrayals and broken trust. So Meghan finds herself in good company. As for the negotiations of Markle sr. with Harry and his family - I doubt we will ever learn the whole truth about this but I think Markle sr. tried to get money out of Meghan for his silence/attendance at the wedding, good behaviour etc. from the beginning and when he did not get it, he pulled out of the wedding and made true on his threads and what happens now? Not much. Meghan is supported by her new family and her husband in her silence, the Markles are cut off and after a time, noone will even remember them.

Just like the whole talk about Diana, Charles and Camilla has stopped, not completely, but enough that most people are bored - the question if Camilla will be queen is such a rhetorical now. If the government did not do anything about that till now, they haven't got enough time now as the queen is so old and Camilla will be queen immediately after Elizabeth's death. And it's known that the next king wants her to be his queen, so what? Same with the Markles - they are cut off and the future news about Meghan will be about HRH The Duchess of Sussex, her life and her new family. She only needs to to the "Catherine" - look beautiful, be warm-hearted, helpful to others and never put a foot wrong and everything will be forgotten sooner than later.

I completely disagree. Her 'family' don't know her business to put it out there. There's nothing to tell, what they haven't already told. Besides that, I actually think this will bring Meghan and Harry closer. Meghan is being abused by her half siblings and father, and that will bring the protective side out of Harry.

I think it did hurt Meghan to cut her father out of her life, I think she has Harry's full support either way. I also think, that Harry and Meghan pay less attention to what the markles do and say, than the markles or even us think, i don't think they even read their interviews or tweets, they have staff to do that. If there's legal issues, they have lawyers to deal with that. Basically, the markles are like an annoying gnat to them at this time, nothing more. Jmho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom