The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the more Samantha talks, the more people see why Meghan hasn't had any contact with in over a decade. She has no info about Meghan, she just wants to cash in, and she'll say anything to just do that.

In America people like Samantha are sometimes referred to as "trailer park trash" … I hesitate to do that, because I think most people in trailer parks actually have honest jobs and don't go around trashing their family members.

Having said that (I'm sure I'll get a PM from the moderator) … also to blame is the British media who continue to provide Samantha with a forum.

In America people like Samantha are sometimes referred to as "trailer park trash" … I hesitate to do that, because I think most people in trailer parks actually have honest jobs and don't go around trashing their family members.

Having said that (I'm sure I'll get a PM from the moderator) … also to blame is the British media who continue to provide Samantha with a forum.

I agree about the media. Don't give her the opportunity cash in and Samantha and the father will go away.

Samantha can stoop down to ANY level to cash in and trash talk Meghan ! I’m sure this is the most money she has seen in her life till now , no wonder she creates tabloid worthy crap to entertain the press and public .

Until the press and public put their foot down there is no end to this ! Unfortunately that doesn’t seem likely !!

As long as Samantha lacks any insider information, what can she really say? She doesn't know anything.
All she can do is to keep repeating her slurs against Meghan, and for the press and the public, it's a case of been there, done that.

That's probably the real reason she wants Meghan to contact Markle Sr., so that he'll serve as a conduit for new information.

I agree about the media. Don't give her the opportunity cash in and Samantha and the father will go away.

This is exactly why we don't see them have a field day on any US show other than Inside Edition. Most shows in US, like GMA, Today, Dateline and so on do not pay for stories. It's part of the journalism integrity to have a policy of not paying for interviews so that there is no ulterior motives.

And I don't understand why GMB continues to have Samantha Markle on. At this point, she's a non-story.

The Markles are now an investment for the media. Tom Sr. generally partners up with The Sun for multiple interviews. Tom Jr. usually works with the daily mirror. Samantha seems all over the place and will take any option available to her. The media has spent a lot of money on the Markles. The Markles will say and do anything to humiliate and embarrass Meghan they are a reliable source of constant negativity directed at her.

Right now the Markles are the circus animals that media is throwing money at to see what other tricks they can do, just how far will they go.

In the USA this wouldn't be allowed or tolerated for long because it would effect the reputation of the network that would allow this ongoing harassment to happen, one of the few platforms the would give the Markles a platform is TMZ and Inside Edition which they already utilize.

This is unfortunately considered standard practice in the UK media. That doesn't include that Piers Morgan also seems to see Meghan no longer being in contact with him (though they only met once aside from conversations on twitter) as a personal slight on him so campaigning on a pro-markle, anti-meghan crusade.

He is a high profile figure who seems to believe Meghan is in the wrong and seems to have a personal vendetta against her. He may not be a world class respected journalist but he is a visible, loud high profile figure with a massive reach.

The only way the media will dump their investment is if the Markles themselves become too toxic to be worth the investment.

As Sam has said even this am, she worked in the media most of her life, so does anyone know of her employment in the media for I could not find any jobs that she held? Looking for facts only here.......Thank you!

I did a quick check as I couldn't exactly remember what Sam had done in the way of the "media" and found this listing that includes everything I've heard before about this woman. From the looks of it, she's very much exaggerating when she talks about being in the media "business". Most credits to her name are solely after she began tirades against Meghan.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4105943/

No. Just pure greed. For all the good or not so good in an ordinary family, the Markles have shown they are totally amoral, without a single redeeming feature in her father or half sister and brother.

Meghan was gifted a strong moral compass, decency and integrity by her mother, Doria and I am sure social anthropologists are having a field day trying to analyse this family.

It is like Meghan is the very antithesis of her father and siblings. This we know in her work ethic and humanitarian leanings.

I am sure Meghan finds it hard not to respond to them, but it can't be very easy for Harry to stand by and not try to protect the woman he loves from pain.

Exactly this :flowers:

Originally Posted by Mirabel

As long as Samantha lacks any insider information, what can she really say? She doesn't know anything.
All she can do is to keep repeating her slurs against Meghan, and for the press and the public, it's a case of been there, done that.

That's probably the real reason she wants Meghan to contact Markle Sr., so that he'll serve as a conduit for new information.

:previous: And this:flowers:

What kind of selfish self-centred piece of work literally hijacks the lead up to his daughter’s wedding and makes it all about him, using TMZ as his mouthpiece ? [...] who insults the BFR as “Outdated” and “Asinine” yet still complains about the Queen meeting a fellow Head of State, before him.

And why concern himself with the knee length of skirts/dresses of female royals?? (“...Why do they have to cover their knees?”)

Last edited:
I did a quick check as I couldn't exactly remember what Sam had done in the way of the "media" and found this listing that includes everything I've heard before about this woman. From the looks of it, she's very much exaggerating when she talks about being in the media "business". Most credits to her name are solely after she began tirades against Meghan.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4105943/

Thank you, I tried to find the info and it as usual escapes me on the internet as you know........*Exaggerating* that is the least of her character.....:lol::lol:

Is there no way for BP or KP to use the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 to stop any of this nonsense? Or go to the Independent Press Standards Organisation?

I suspect the real reason behind using the media to coerce Meghan into contacting Sr. is because they don't have an establised access point. Sr. screwed that up IMHO when he leaked about the honeymoon destination(IMHO). The UK media are not just investing in the M.rkles acting as their dancing monkeys to embarass Meghan but also for current inside information. Since Sr. and half sibling daughter are working as a team. Anything Meghan tells Sr. is leaked down to the estranged half sibling. The media wants a return on their investment.

I do notice that there is something totally missing from the background of these people who are blatantly garnering headlines in the press because they *know* something. The truth of the matter is that they don't.

These are three people that perhaps could be summed up as seeing a royal family as something straight out of Disney. The palaces, the tiaras, the pomp and pageantry that the British are so well known for. Perhaps even throw in the photo ops of waving to a crowd and cutting a ribbon or three. Throw in coats of arms and titles that are impressive and we have the world view of the Markle trio when it comes to the British royals. You can buy tickets of Disneyland and you can buy tickets to tour Buckingham Palace and gaze and stare at the splendor but the realities of the British monarchy takes actual time to learn and one finds out its not Disney at all.

If these people had any kind of a genuine interest in Meghan's life or even had the least bit of a twinge to find out just what Meghan was getting herself into with marrying Harry, information abounds at their fingertips. They didn't bother. They didn't want to bother. Its like winning the lottery and a whole lot of green dollars. People come out of the woodwork wanting to be the new best friend.

With Samantha and Tom, Jr. being so much older when Meghan was born, it is only natural that there was some sort of sibling rivalry. Meghan was someone that took attention away from them with their father and other factors figure in that were never resolved. What we're seeing now is sibling envy and Psychology Today describes this as:

"Psychology Today agrees that rivalry can turn into envy in adult siblings, and adds that sibling envy may be a reflection of inner struggles with confidence. “If someone is envious of what you have accomplished, that says a lot about their own self-esteem and sense of accomplishment,” they explain."

Its not only the bleatings and mooing and cackling of the Markle trio that are making the rounds in the media but also the media taking an interest in just who these people are and its not making any of them look good or gives them any kind of credibility.

The moral of the story? It still remains to be written but I don't think any of the three Markles are going to have that "happily ever after" they're trying to worm in on or even destroy for Meghan. One reaps what they sow.

Psychology Today quote comes from this article which goes into more detail.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/health-f...-unhealthy-obsession-with-meghan-markle.html/

to stop any of this nonsense?

Dignifying these ghastly people with ANY response [legal or otherwise], would grant them an importance [in their heads, and the public's] they simply don't merit. They do no damage to the Institution, and the damage to the unfortunate Duchess is ALREADY done, and their relationship with her [and any potential one with her husband] is as dead as a Dodo.
BLANKING them completely is the wisest course of action.

Last edited:
Is there no way for BP or KP to use the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 to stop any of this nonsense? Or go to the Independent Press Standards Organisation?

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a team of lawyers that are amassing all the information, quotes, accusations and whatnot that are out there. They are not going to do anything without having ducks all nicely in a unbreakable cordon.

Once they make *any* kind of a move, the Markle trio may see it as finally getting a response and a rise out Meghan and her family that they've been working so hard to get. To do anything at all, Meghan's team would first and foremost want to be sure that whatever action they take would stick and solve the problem.

The problem with the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997 is that it only pertains to the UK. The Markle trio have their attack outposts in the US also.

I suspect the real reason behind using the media to coerce Meghan into contacting Sr. is because they don't have an establised access point. Sr. screwed that up IMHO when he leaked about the honeymoon destination(IMHO). The UK media are not just investing in the M.rkles acting as their dancing monkeys to embarass Meghan but also for current inside information. Since Sr. and half sibling daughter are working as a team. Anything Meghan tells Sr. is leaked down to the estranged half sibling. The media wants a return on their investment.

This, right here, is the most valid reason why Meghan's contact number that Daddy had for her is no longer in service. Meghan was not only cutting off contact with her father but also ensuring that her direct line of communication couldn't be leaked to anyone.

The old expression "loose lips sinks ships" comes to mind. :D

Last edited:
I believe the only approach is the one Harry and Meghan have taken by cutting off all contact with them they have deprived any of their stories of oxygen and they don't 'take'.

I believe the only approach is the one Harry and Meghan have taken by cutting off all contact with them they have deprived any of their stories of oxygen and they don't 'take'.

Reminds me of the 1970 movie "Suppose They Gave A War And Nobody Came". That was a comedy too. :D

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

This is exactly what is going on. As long as Meghan refuses to be drawn there is hope that eventually media interest will fizzle.

Okay, I am going to jump in here with a thought, before Meghan and Harry together came into Sam's life what did she have to dwell on ........from all that I have read she lived a pretty quiet life in Florida, right...well with all the attention she has been getting with bashing Meghan, all the interviews, all the *money* and now a TV show........I really do not think she would have accomplished any of this on her own now, right.......so who does she *OWE* all this glory to (the glory is in her mind only..) well her sister that she has not talked to in a decade now........Sam owes Meghan a huge Thank You for all the attention, the money, the TV show, and everything now, even a trip to London and I bet my last frozen Margarita that there will be a picture of her in front of either BP or KP when she is there filming the show before or after .....boy IMHO Sam should be very grateful to Meghan for her new found wealth.....:lol::lol:

Somehow, some way, its all going to come down crashing on Samantha when her well runs dry. If one were to suggest that Samantha owes everything that she's presently milking for dear life to Meghan, she'd be aghast and angry that anyone could suggest such a thing! Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what someone may throw at her in the CBB house. :D

"Pride goes before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud."

Meghan is a bright shining light in the face of relentless bullying from a ghastly family. She is showing others who feel overwhelmed by mean people that you can achieve good things, great things and forge a decent path for yourself. Never lower yourself down to their level.
And surely you will find your Prince or princess. Even tho he or she doesn't have to be royal.

Meghan is a bright shining light in the face of relentless bullying from a ghastly family. She is showing others who feel overwhelmed by mean people that you can achieve good things, great things and forge a decent path for yourself. Never lower yourself down to their level.

And surely you will find your Prince or princess. Even tho he or she doesn't have to be royal.

Exactly! :flowers: In many ways what she is experiencing is anyone's worst nightmare, but however much they try to topple her, she maintains. Cannot be easy but likely she has learned over the years to be detached and stay focused on her own life. She does have family she can depend on. The rest is smoke and mirrors.

BTW I am one who believes the extent of the familial collapse was not anticipated by Meghan. For sure that side of the family she knew was dysfunctional but I don't think the scale of the catastrophe once the glamour of the cameras came into play could have been foreseen. Likely Mr Markel Sr's betrayal has been a serious personal blow, one that (like someone here indicated) the half-sister is reveling in. :sad: Nasty. But who among us cannot relate to such insidious familial secrets, whether near of distant?

With the above said, I have to say Samantha is remarkable in her own obscurely twisted way as she talks her talk: exceptionally strong in her own right, verbally proficient, intellectually quick, and a good-looking woman (still) despite her physical illness (though even in the two years since her grabbing headlines one can see the toll the illness is taking). She is an 'event' and is weirdly compelling like a train wreck is. Had she channeled her talents and energies in a more positive way in her life she might have achieved the fame she clearly craves, rather than the notoriety she is now involved in. :sad:

:previous:
a good-looking woman (still) despite her physical illness (though even in the two years since her grabbing headlines one can see the toll the illness is taking).

It's difficult to say how much the deterioration is due to her illness and how much is due to her unrelenting anger, hatred and jealousy. Those emotions tend to take a toll.:ermm:

So true she should put bitterness aside for the sake of her own health.

I'm glad that more media sources are abandoning trying to coerce Meghan to contact toxic family members. This article is really good: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...han-markle-family_us_5b561234e4b0fd5c73c7c4a1

“Toxic people usually don’t change. Even their kindness can be a form of manipulation,” Campbell said. “I don’t think she’s cut ties with them to hurt them, but for the purposes of protecting herself. Meghan needs to remind herself that she deserves to be loved without games, manipulation and scapegoating.”

“Grieve for what you did not have, but then move on,” she said. “Fighting the natural urge to be close to your toxic family of origin, to try to work it out, is important. Detach. If others judge you because you did not invite these people to your home or wedding or you blocked the phone line, so be it.”

I wish more UK media would focus on the real issue and stop trying to bully Meghan into contacting toxic and bullying family members.

Last edited:
In all fairness, immediately after the wedding, I haven't seen any coverage of Meghan's sister or even father sprouting off against her. With the exception of people who actively seek out their latest shenanigans, or those whose social media or news feeds are tailored to show these kinds of news, they don't show up anywhere anymore. The news has been almost completely on her and Harry's engagements.

Sometimes if you give a person enough rope, they'll eventually hang themselves with it. It is very possible that Meghan won't have to do a darned thing to try and rein in her e(strange)d half sister.

This is a good op/ed article that I happened across and although I've stated before that this is what may happen, this article shows I'm not the only one to think along these lines.

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/meghan-markle-family-thomas-samantha-grant-big-brother

Sometimes if you give a person enough rope, they'll eventually hang themselves with it. It is very possible that Meghan won't have to do a darned thing to try and rein in her e(strange)d half sister.

This is a good op/ed article that I happened across and although I've stated before that this is what may happen, this article shows I'm not the only one to think along these lines.

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/meghan-markle-family-thomas-samantha-grant-big-brother

This may be exactly what is being 'looked forward to' in a twisted kind of way:

Of course, while the effect of Grant's exploitation of her sister's royal status may be to embarrass Meghan, it's likely she may very well end up only further embarrassing herself in the process. Perhaps one of those otherwise pleasant and down-to-earth British C-listers will take the opportunity to very publicly call Grant out on the show (we're sure the show's producers are counting on it).

Right there: the show's producers will be counting on someone calling Samantha out on her nastiness. :sad: Train-wreck.
Tell me when it's over. Good grief!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom