The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the game plan. Its all Meghan's fault. Its all on Meghan that she made a success out of her life and is going on to bigger and better things. Its all on Meghan that she is relegating her estranged (with the emphasis on strange) family to the back alley. Its all on Meghan if their father dies.

One correction. They don’t see it as all on Meghan that she made a success out of her life. They see it as they deserve a piece of it, so I’m think they think they contributed to it. But spot on about everything else.

Thomas Markle is so on his death bed that he drove to L.A to grab some McDonalds.

I just had a brain fart thinking about Samantha being on CBB. Once she is accepted as a participant, most likely all the *other* participants for that season of CBB will be become aware of that fact also. Now, Samantha may sit smugly smiling to herself that she's "in" and that she's going to be on British TV and be a "big star" but there's probably one thing she'll overlook (and I hope she doesn't read this forum).

From what I've come to understand, living this reality show with other participants is kind of a dog eat dog world. Samantha will be wearing Milk Bone underwear and I would bet my last Mounds bar that these other participants are going to do their homework and find out each and every little detail about Samantha to use as ammunition against her and get her "voted out".

There's a lot out there about Yvonne/Samantha/Grant/Markle that maybe, just maybe will work against her in the long run. :D

[...]
I wish people would loom at Doria and associate her with American's instead of the Markles who are making is all look bad and like we don't know how to act in polite society.

Last edited by a moderator:
[...] he and Samantha laid the blame re his poor health and him possibly dying, on Meghan. That's when Mr Markle deserves to get called out. He looks like he has lived an extremely unhealthy way for years. Minimum amount of exercise, drinking too much, and eating fast food a lot. That is the reason for his heart problems, not Meghan not calling him for 6-7 weeks. Sure, stress adds extra pressure to the heart conditions, but his extremely poor health is the main reason.

As for CBB and Samantha. The UK version doesn't show 24/7 feeds any more. The show is heavily edited, and there is no telling who the producers decide to highlight or edit favourably. There was a house guest a few years back with a checkered past relationship, which was part reason why she was selected as a houseguest. Her ex-boyfriend allegedly demanded from the producers, that she is not allowed to talk about him at all in the house. And she didn't mention him at all. I don't think the latter was a coincidence. I don't know if Meghan could get a similar demand out there, it would be quite public move, and I don't know if it would be the wisest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the game plan. Tom, Jr. even seems to have taken advantage of his own father by ambushing him into making it look like there was a "reunion" of sorts.

Does anyone else find it supremely ironic that Tom Sr. has complained about Tom Junior "ambushing" him when he's threatened to do the same to Meghan?

This man is sadly lacking insight and empathy into the effect his actions have on others (especially Meghan). I also find it quite disturbing that he's been quoted saying "I’m enjoying the fact that I can make the entire Royal Family not speak and maybe I can get a laugh out of the Duchess." How can he possibly think Meghan would find this funny? (If it's an attempt at humour (which I suspect), it is still tone deaf to the emotional effects of his actions on others.)

I think we know where his oldest children got their narcissism.

Last edited:
Does anyone else find it supremely ironic that Tom Sr. has complained about Tom Junior "ambushing" him accompanied by paparazzi when he's threatened to do the same to Meghan? :bang:

This man is sadly lacking insight and empathy into the effect his actions have on others (especially Meghan). I also find it quite disturbing that he's been quoted saying "I’m enjoying the fact that I can make the entire Royal Family not speak and maybe I can get a laugh out of the Duchess." :bang: How can he possibly think Meghan would find this funny? (If it's an attempt at humour (which I suspect), it is still tone deaf to the emotional effects of his actions on others.)

I think we know where his oldest children got their narcissism.

I think it just shows how self centered Mr Markle is. Did he think Charles, or The Queen, William or Catherine were planning on commenting any time soon? Or the palace? Only person who'd talk to him would be Meghan, and well she disconnected the number he has, so...

I think it's hilarious, that Samantha has been extremely public about her hate on Meghan, has used the tabloids to blast that hate as much as possible, but when turned around, and either twitter users or the press call her out, she tweets that people need to mind their own business, freedom of speech, and what trash the tabloids are. She doesn't get, that freedom of speech isn't limited only to her, and she's the one who decided to go public with her Meghan hate, so other people who have the same freedom of speech can comment on it too, and not agree with Samantha.

Please note that posts relating to obesity and the physical appearance of the Duchess of Sussex's father have been edited or removed because they were offensive and unacceptable.

Does anyone else find it supremely ironic that Tom Sr. has complained about Tom Junior "ambushing" him when he's threatened to do the same to Meghan?

I think it's hilarious, that Samantha has been extremely public about her hate on Meghan, has used the tabloids to blast that hate as much as possible, but when turned around, and either twitter users or the press call her out, she tweets that people need to mind their own business, freedom of speech, and what trash the tabloids are. She doesn't get, that freedom of speech isn't limited only to her, and she's the one who decided to go public with her Meghan hate, so other people who have the same freedom of speech can comment on it too, and not agree with Samantha.

In other words, they can dish it out but they can't take it. These people cannot and will not get it through their heads that their bleating and mooing and cackling is feeding into a demographic of people that just live to laugh at, denigrate and demean the idiocy of "regular folks" that think they're more than what they really are and think that what they are spewing forth actually means something. The Markles running to the press are just setting themselves up for whatever they dish out to come back at them threefold, if not tenfold. Its how it goes. When the reputable sources such as Newsweek pick up these stories its not putting them in a good light whatsoever and basically is painting them to be the people that they really are and as the world sees them.

They may be reaping a lot of green dollars right now but once everything turns against them and people no longer pay attention to them, Meghan and Harry will continue on into a bright and hopefully happily ever after future while these Markles will always be remembered for the sideshow they really are.

Its kind of sad when you think about it but they're bringing it all on themselves.

I think Big Brother contestants have to stab each other in the back until someone gets eliminated. Samantha may find her 15 minutes of fame might be reduced to 5 minutes and go out on the first elimination round. Instead of counting the Big Bucks she may only end up with 5 bucks. (Metaphorically speaking of course.)
I think the producers may find her too much of a liability actually.

Eh - I am still very much doubting the CBB rumour. They never had someone with MS on this show(or any comparable ailment). I just don't see how she'd be insurable. and even if why would they take her on with such a liability? It's not like she is well known in any capacity, only in the tabloid media as the nasty, rabid half-sister of Meghan. Her spouting vile and disgusting things 24/7 about someone who she hasn't seen in 10 years would get old very quick. She'd be out in an instant.

The thought of Samantha being on CBB is worrying to me. While I’m sure the content is edited, I doubt the producers would splash out to pay a fee and then edit out anything juicy about the Duchess of Sussex. Of course other posters are correct that she could be voted out after less than a week. On the other hand if she is spilling the beans and giving lots of juicy gossip the public may be inclined to keep her in. Either way, a PR nightmare for the Kensington Palace team.

How is it a PR nightmare for KP? This woman knows nothing about Meghan and now that Tom Snr has been cut off...she has no current source of information on Meghan either. Samantha will just continue to do what she has been doing for almost 2 years...spouting her hatred! Nothing new.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but taking part in this big brother thing means you can't get out, right?

So if Samantha goes on and on about Meghan and some of the other contestants tell her off, she can't run away, right?

Some of the other contestants might do just that, because:
A) They don't like Samantha.
B) They don't like what she is saying about Meghan, and as such the BRF.
C) It will earn them brownie points in the public to give Samantha a piece of their mind.
D) She's an convenient prügelknabe for everyone else.

Last edited:
Because of things that go bump in the night and prevent me from sleeping, I did some checking and it seems the next CBB season will start July 31st and they give a list of possible participants. Samantha Markle is listed. The other candidates all seem to have made a name for themselves here or there on their own merit and Sam would be the only one riding the coat tails of someone else for her "celebrity".

I just don't see this going well for her. There is nothing else in her life that makes her really interesting besides her bleatings against Meghan. The premise of the series is retribution and people who have been wronged and I can see it right now if Samantha started spouting off of how badly Meghan is treating their father, any one of the participants (who does their homework) just needs to ask "And just what have *you* done for him? When was the last time you saw your father". There is just so much made public coming from Samantha that theres boatloads of ammunition to use against her.

My logical self tells me that the comments about the liability insurance and the fact that she is wheelchair bound is going to be a deciding factor against her participating in the show are right on the money.

A prugelknabe sounds about right! The mods can't get you for that one. Ha ha.

I believe the contestants are isolated while in the "house". But once eliminated I guess they get to go home. Have never watched the show only seen the advertisements for it. I really don't understand why anyone would watch it. I believe the demographic would be under 30s.
The guys are always buff beefcake suntanned types.
You know the sort who spend more time in front of a mirror than a woman. That's the impression of the show I get anyway.

I actually hope that Sam/Yvonne will be on CBB, and that she will be so vile that the royal team of lawyers actually has something on her when she gets out of the house, and can take some kind of legal action.

I actually hope that Sam/Yvonne will be on CBB, and that she will be so vile that the royal team of lawyers actually has something on her when she gets out of the house, and can take some kind of legal action.
That's a disaster to happen. Alas, not for Meghan or the Rf but for spiteful Sam. I can really imagine Maghan spilling her morning coffee because of laughter when she hears about that. Because CBB is not for spoiled princesses at all but is meant to humiliate the contestants and show how much they are doing just for money. Participation is normally offered to those Z-list "celebrities" who desperately need money and are willing to sell their dignity for it. At least that's the way in Germany.

I wish Samantha would realise that we are all only on this planet for a short time not a long time. And it is so pointless to waste your time being so negative. If she doesn't watch out she could end up with a stomach ulcer. Much better to concentrate on positive things in your life. If she has burnt her bridges with her family then she could spend quality time with the cat or dog or budgie. Anything else other than the bitterness she is concentrating on now.
She could probably write very good fiction. At least that would be a good outlet for her. Being bitter and focused on one person all the time can't be good for her health.

I don't wish ill on anyone but as much as she spouts venom and then chastises people for firing back at her, I can see why the producers of the show find her to be a good, potential candidate. I don't think it'd take very much for her to come to blows with fellow participants and hence, the appeal to have her there.

In the synopsis of the possible participants, Cosmopolitan describing Samantha, it states "Who is she? Samantha is Megan Markle's sister who keeps giving those, erm, weird interviews. What's the rumour? Let's be honest... this is right up her street. So that's enough for us to start speculating."

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/entertainment/g12823742/celebrity-big-brother-2018-line-up/?slide=4

She could probably write very good fiction. At least that would be a good outlet for her. Being bitter and focused on one person all the time can't be good for her health.

I imagine that anyone who will buy Samantha's "In The Shadow Of The Duchess" will quickly realize that next to this book, Andrew Morton deserves a Pulitzer Prize and a Nobel Prize for Literature. This is another venture of Samantha's that I don't think is going to end well for her. :D

Yep I agree. It is pointless being a misery guts all your life.

A prugelknabe sounds about right! The mods can't get you for that one. Ha ha.

I believe the contestants are isolated while in the "house". But once eliminated I guess they get to go home. Have never watched the show only seen the advertisements for it. I really don't understand why anyone would watch it. I believe the demographic would be under 30s.
The guys are always buff beefcake suntanned types.
You know the sort who spend more time in front of a mirror than a woman. That's the impression of the show I get anyway.

Maybe some of the men meet your description but some previous contestants have been Verne Troyer, Dennis Rodman, and Gary Busey.
From the list of people that have been on the celebrity version of the show in the past, it seems to be a mix of people whose celebrity is waning, newer minor celebrities looking to boost their 15 minutes of fame and people who make their living by appearing on reality TV programs.
I think they are guaranteed a certain amount of money initially and win more by staying and then ultimately winning. I guess there is a strategy to the “game” that some are very good at playing. That’s the extent of my knowledge.
Some of my nieces and nephews are fans of the U.S. show and discuss it.

Its the game plan. Its all Meghan's fault. Its all on Meghan that she made a success out of her life and is going on to bigger and better things. Its all on Meghan that she is relegating her estranged (with the emphasis on strange) family to the back alley. Its all on Meghan if their father dies.

Their own family dysfunctions are inconsequential to the narrative. None of them have a stable, working relationship within the family itself and who knows, perhaps they're even perceiving it all as bringing the family together for a common cause. Tom, Jr. even seems to have taken advantage of his own father by ambushing him into making it look like there was a "reunion" of sorts.

The Blame Meghan narrative is why the media are paying this person money. She doesn't need current information, she just needs to go after Meghan.

I'll admit it, I watch the US Big Brother. It's trashy, but...

I've seen just enough of the UK Big Brother to know that the rules are different (I think the public votes contestants out, whereas the people in the house have the vote in the US) but that what the producers are trying to create in terms of interaction between participants is the same.

In all versions, they're put into a "house" (really living quarters that have been built inside a massive TV studio) and allowed no communication with the outside world until they're off the show, which can be quite a while if you're the winner. It's a pressure cooker situation with little relief. The producers issue various challenges, tasks, rewards and punishments that are designed to keep everyone on edge and perhaps spur disagreements or shifts in loyalties.

I can see why producers might be tempted--she's the type who would bring the drama! But Sam's disability would really complicate things. There are all sorts of challenges she simply couldn't participate in.

I think it would be profoundly messy and a very bad thing for her to be on the show. But there might be a slight silver lining to that very dark cloud. It would probably cement her reputation as, well, a mess and a joke. And it would be interesting to see what Sr. does while she's not able to whisper in his ear.

Last edited:
Big brother that I have seen snippets of here in Australia are generally of young good looking people usually under the age of 35. There possibly have been episodes of older folk on these shows, but I haven't really noticed.

Big brother that I have seen snippets of here in Australia are generally of young good looking people usually under the age of 35. There possibly have been episodes of older folk on these shows, but I haven't really noticed.

Maybe that is true of the version with non-celebrities.

I used to watch Big Brother when I was little (think back to season 5 for US). It used to be a bunch of young people plus a couple of older people in the house, and they get into all kinds of shenanigans. The games to win competitions often require endurance, both physical and of the mind. I just can't see Samantha could get used to this. And if she can't do interviews about Meghan with up to date attack, I'm afraid she might go into meltdown mode.

I don't believe the big brother rumor. Two weeks ago, Samantha said it was fake news. She likes the attention.

Got this from another forum.

It will cost soooooo much money to get her to London. Flight for her and her boyfriend, a nurse, extra insurance due to her medical condition, doctor on standby, and other expenses. She is such a liability.

Last edited:
If only Sam could put all that mental energy into something positive and do something nice. Focus on the positives of life, rather than being negative all the time, she would be a much happier person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom