The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure that SOMEONE in this family [for money] will confirm that Mr. Markle had one or two stents inserted and where it was done and on what day. Stents are not all that uncommon today and they are completed as outpatient a lot of the time. That does not mean he had a heart attack [but he might have had a very slight one] but the stent is to prevent one and they will improve one's health. Yes he could still be up and around the following day even purchasing McDonalds [not advisable] but if actually occurred proper rest for a few days after major procedure is always advisable. The fact that blabbermouth Samantha has not given verse and chapter on this event makes me wonder. Almost like her fake pictures in hospital after her "accident" which was a flop and removed from news almost immediately.

This family is like flies at a picnic. Annoying and pesky but once destroyed by their own actions the picnic will continue nicely.

This family of Markles are very interesting - How odd they are the only ones who are speaking out about her - her moms side of the family who was also not invited to the wedding have remain silent unless they are just waiting for the right time to tell there stories

Actually, there were people from her mom's side at the wedding. Also, since we don't have a definite guest list, we can't be certain that there weren't any Markle's at the wedding, especially those not on speaking terms with Pa, Sam and Jr. Markle. No one knows what Ashley looks like, and she could have easily slipped in. All this is too say, that any person with common decency would not be doing this to their relative, whether or not they got along with said relative, especially not a father to their daughter.

It was supposedly just a couple stents that were put in, not open heart surgery. A fairly minor procedure, often done as an outpatient.

"After an angioplasty and stenting procedure, people usually leave the hospital the same day or the next day."

"Recovery from angioplasty and stenting is typically brief. Discharge from the hospital is usually 12 to 24 hours after the catheter is removed. Many patients are able to return to work within a few days to a week after a procedure."

Thank you for the info, I thought that it was open surgery, is this procedure imminent to do or would have been able to wait, I mean go to the wedding and after the wedding have it done?

Samantha was definitely ranting, just not on twitter. She went television instead to trash talk Meghan.

Samantha does not look well. Her obsessive hatred has to be taking a toll on her.

It really does look like this hate campaign she runs on Meghan is taking a toll on her.

Samantha is reducing to take ownership of her own actions. She's never going to admit, that she's been running on hate Meghan for soon 2 years, but she's only lying to herself. 99% of all comments I've read are completely against her, everywhere.

Thank you for the info, I thought that it was open surgery, is this procedure imminent to do or would have been able to wait, I mean go to the wedding and after the wedding have it done?

Having it done can prevent a heart attack or stroke. It is not advisable to put it off too long, and a plane trip thousands of miles into a stressful situation would not have helped Sr's health.

I don't know if any of this is true--but what was said at the time was that the procedure had been recommended earlier, but Sr was put it off. But then the stress of the family issues, the press, the wedding etc caused symptoms (pain, shortness of breath, indigestion) and he was told he could not put it off any longer.

Last edited:
This family of Markles are very interesting - How odd they are the only ones who are speaking out about her - her moms side of the family who was also not invited to the wedding have remain silent unless they are just waiting for the right time to tell there stories

Doria's older half brother, Meghan's Uncle Joseph Johnson did speak to the Daily Fail and gave pictures for money after the engagement announcement. Although he only said positive things and has not talked again.

Last edited:
Someboy here might correct me, but when they say he was in hospital wit heart surgery , wasn't he only one or 2 days in hospital? if you have heart surgery shouldn't you be more than just one or 2 days in? I always thought the hospital story was not true, just because I think if you have heart surgery you might e in hospital 4 or 5 days not only one or 2, but I might be wrong.

I had the same procedure in 2014, only with 5 stents, and while it is a very serious condition at first (that's why I wasn't on the internet for a long time) and the stent situation has to be checked every year, it can stay like that and not get worse if you live a quiet life without stress. Depending on the number of stents they normally do it in 1 to 2 nights at the hospitals but there are doctors who do it in their practise rooms ambulantly. At least that's the way it is in Germany.

It is not really heart surgery, though, they enter your main blood vessels with an endoscope (most of the time from the hands) and check them, try to clean up those which are clotted and in case the clots are already large, they put a stent (some sort of net with medication on it to prevent new clotting there) over the place and widen the net, so that the clot is pressed against the blood vessel and the blood can flow again. Then it's ultra sound wave check-up once a year to see if there is a possibility of a new clot.

It is dangerous and of course the risk is there that you get a new clot and with it the heart attack that can be deadly, but it can happen to a lot of people as well and when those are not warned and their blood vessels not monitored, they have a higher risk of dying than the warned ones with the stent, because they know to immediately call the ambulance in case certain symptoms turn up and how to treat them ASAP.

But: and that is a message to you, Sam :)biggrin:), in that situation it is of utmost importance to let yourself help to a stressfree life. Do Yoga, have therapy, stare into the sunset in mediation. But do not harrass your youngest daughter! That might kill Tom Sr., not the fact that Meghan has enough of those obnoxious shenanigans.

I am sure if Tom had behaved like a dignified father of a famous person, he would have gotten help to get better and live stressfree. But starting to play the ugly games of the tablois media? is exactly what will bring up the blood pressure and the danger of a heart attack.

IMHO he was really looking for a way out and such a heart catheter examination is easy to get from doctors and over a certain age and with the body volume of Mr. Markle, plus the stress of a Royal wedding (including the travels) ahead, any doctor would find at least one place to stent! This is more or less the cleaning up stent that makes insurances pay for the procedure. Now if he had 3 or more....(written from my own experience with the topic, so not necessarily true in this case, but still, not "faux news".

What do I have to think now when I googlöed "lawn tantrums" and the fifth vid that turned up was one of Meghan and Catherine attending Wimbledon? Hm...

:previous:Hahaha! That's not what I got, but perhaps Google remembered that I spent a lot of time on a forum for dealing with in-laws and showed me many posts from that site.

A little perspective on how easy it is to find a hospital patient, as long as you have the right hospital: my dad has been hospitalized 10 times since the beginning of this year. In some cases, he didn't bother telling me. I was able to walk right into the hospital during visiting hours, head into the cardiac unit, and check an electronic board near the nurses station to see the last names of patients, their attending physician, and their room numbers. The only unit where they restricted access were the pediatric ones and part of the intensive car unit; however, when I couldn't get into the ICU to see Dad, a passing volunteer used her badge to get me in. I'm sure TMZ has people on the ground in Rosarito and San Diego who could have done the same.

As far as the timing, they told Dad that if he got a stent, he could be discharged the next day. However, the situation became much more complicated and he instead needed a quadruple bypass. He was discharged from the hospital to a nursing home 5 days post-surgery. So I can see the possibility that Tom Sr. was in and out of the hospital fairly quickly if he only had a stent.

All this talk about heart surgery, stents, and time in the hospital, well take it from the horses mouth, I had that done, not once but twice and I have always kept myself in good shape with eating and lots of walking, time in the hospital, well to say the time was well spent for it lasted 5 days with the 1st one and 3 days for the second one and no way was I up walking or running down the street. This was me here, not T. Sr and I for one do not believe he has this done as an out patient for not one of my docs would do that as I ask if I could go home asap.......not till I say so per Dr. Lewis. Any type of heart surgery be it open heart or stents is not to be messed with ever nor taken likely. That comes from a very well respected and dedicated heart doctor!

Does anyone remember in a written news article it was stated that Markle SR stayed with friends in Mexico, after his heart procedure? If that was true then tha5 would be a reason he was not home. It was not a tabloid paper as I did not read those,,,,I will try and find the article. I have to leave soon, so it will not be until tonight. If anyone wants to google please feel free.

A question .... can Markle SR be put on a “Do Not Fly List” by either England or USA for any of the comments he has made? The airlines themselves, can they prevent him from flying because of his anger issues? I sure would not want to fly with him! I can see him getting agitated on the long flight. Can his heart condition prevent him from flying if the airlines knows about it?

Thanks

The airlines really can't do much, unless he has a history of not paying or acting up aboard one of their planes.
And put him on a no-fly list would be difficult as well. After all he hasn't threatened anyone - only with showing up... (Which admittedly is scary enough, but...)

Meghan Markle’s Sister Demands Minimum $1500 for Interview About Royal Sister

Meghan Markle’s half-sister Samantha Markle is demanding payment from media outlets in order to spill the tea on her royal sister, and she’s brazen enough to put her stipulations in writing.

The Blast obtained a copy of an email exchange between Samantha and The Domenick Nati Showfrom earlier today where Samantha asks for over a thousand dollars for an interview with the show. In the email, Markle explains that her “minimum is much higher” but is willing to settle for $1500....

https://theblast.com/meghan-markle-sister-samantha-demands-money/

Last edited by a moderator:
1.500? That's a low price!
She must be getting desperate. Or no one is interested.
THIS. I've read before from royal correspondents who had enough of her shenanigans that she demands at least $6k per interview. She's also had situations where she's unable to answer tough questions. I guess that's where the stipulations came in. But given that not many outlets have been interested in what she has to say after she discredited herself many many times, the price had to come down due to lack of demand. She was at one point on retainer with a British paper.

Last edited:
1.500? That's a low price!
She must be getting desperate. Or no one is interested.

So they pay her 1.5k per interview to harass her sister. None of her interview contain any real knowlege of Meghan unless we want to learn how she changed baby Meghan's diapers or called Doria the maid. This woman is almost 20 years older and has not even talked to Meghan in 10 years. That price is highly overpriced but I guess the press are so desperate to verbally abuse Meghan.

No wonder they are practically begging Meghan to call them so they prove they have current access and can get more interviews.

I laughed at her comment about shock jocks. I remember when that happened.

Kyle HANGS UP on Meghan Markle's half sister | Daily Mail Online

Samantha getting exposed. $1500? That is all? Also the fact she just replying to offers from months ago now makes it is clear the well is drying up and she is getting desperate.

Also why would anyone pay this woman she she give them material for free via her twitter account?

Last edited:
Samantha is getting exposed! Couldn't be happening to a more deserving person. Samantha and Mr Markle are clearly panicking, because, by his own admission, Mr Markle has no contact details for Meghan, she has cut him off, and the inside information income will decline. I'm expecting him to give a new paid interview soon, and he will reveal some more private information from Meghan's past, have a little go at Doria, and threaten to reveal more, if the silent treatment continues.

I distinctly remember that before the wedding, Andrew Morton was working on releasing a book about Meghan. He talked to various family members and when asked if he had talked to Samantha Grant/Markle, he replied that her price was too high. Her next "gig" is supposedly going to the UK to take part on Celebrity Big Brother (there's a rumor also about Tom, Sr. taking part) but at this time, its all rumor and speculations and a big maybe.

On another note, IIRC, Piers Morgan, in his interview with Tom, Sr. made it a point to reiterate that Tom, Sr. watching the wedding of his daughter on a *little* TV, always stressing the *little* TV. Tom, Sr. said on the interview that he watched the wedding from a B&B a friend had found for him.

It can also get confusing about Tom, Sr. stays in clinics/hospitals. After the photos for payment scam was revealed, he stated that he was taken to a clinic in the Rosario area but checked himself out "against medical advice". He stated he was popping pills like candy due to the stress brought on from all of this and that exacerbated the problem he had and was told the procedure needed to be done *now* without delay. Whether or not Tom, Sr. faked the heart problems, like Samantha's car accident, once the speculation of "rumor" surrounds it, it sticks. There is no going back from what has already happened. No taking back staged photos, no taking back interviews which have a shelf life of forever on YouTube. No taking back on the fact that it was all done for profit. No taking back that both Sam and Tom, Sr. knew that Meghan asked them specifically not to talk to the media. There is also no going back to the way things might have been before.

Like all of us that have gone through the education system, there are words that struck terror in our hearts back then and they are words that haven't occurred to the Markle side of the family. These words are "this is going on your permanent record and will follow you throughout your life".

Like all of us that have gone through the education system, there are words that struck terror in our hearts back then and they are words that haven't occurred to the Markle side of the family. These words are "this is going on your permanent record and will follow you throughout your life".

What happened thus far made sure that Meghan will forever be "notorious" - ironically not because she has "black" instead of "blue" blood, but because her paternal family is acting like "White Trash".

That cannot be changed, unfortunately.

But Meghan, while she can't ever be like her SIL Catherine, who is a "British Rose who never set a foot wrong", she can be something even more precious.
To quote Sting's "Englishman in New York" genderswapped for Meghan:
If manners maketh (wo)man, as someone said
She's that heroine of the day
It takes a woman to suffer ignorance and smile
Be yourself no matter what they say.

Meghan can be herself and she can be a great asset for the Royal family.

You're absolutely right Kataryn and I loved the Sting connection. Along those same lines, we could aptly apply a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt. "A woman is like a tea bag—you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water."

No matter how down right mean and nasty her estranged (with the emphasis on strange) family gets, its only going to show the strength and the stamina and the perseverance in Meghan's character.

Sometimes its what one is up against that really tests the mettle of a person and its quite obvious that this whole "family feud" is being played out on the world stage and its a one sided losing battle.

Last edited:
You're absolutely right Kataryn and I loved the Sting connection. Along those same lines, we could aptly apply a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt. "A woman is like a tea bag—you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water."

It's funny that Meghan included that as a quote in her year book. She probably didn't guess at what magnitude it would really apply to her life then.

For some obscure reason that I can't put my finger on, this whole CBB thing seems to be sending up flags in my head that its a very bad idea.

Sure, the program and Ms. Grant/Markle have the freedom to do whatever they want and draw up any kind of contract between them that is feasible to both parties but looking at it from here, surrounding the whole thing is a big elephant in the room. Namely The Duchess of Sussex.

Can Samantha do this program without mentioning her half sister? My brain tells me that's the reason why she's doing the program. To further her unquenchable desire to do Meghan harm. Samantha has spoken out vehemently about "freedom of speech" as an American. Will Samantha be advised that the laws are different in the UK and she stands to be prosecuted should she defame her half sister? Do the producers realize this or are they going to "gag" Samantha when it comes to certain subjects? How is the general British public going to react to an American blatantly attacking one or all of their own royal family?

Then again, this just might be the made to order event that Meghan's lawyers are hoping for and drooling over. Samantha Grant/Markle is a loose cannon and ready and able to fire off whatever vitriol she can think of. Curious about the difference in free speech between the US and the UK, I searched for information and this option sounds like where Samantha would fall into if she isn't somehow gagged.

Defamation (this has a high burden of proof on the defendent, and leads to a worrying number of people coming to the UK to prosecute libel cases)

https://www.quora.com/Is-there-freedom-of-speech-in-the-UK

:previous: I’ve never watched this show, can anyone fill me in on what it’s about? Would it be a platform for Samantha to trash Meghan to a larger audience?
Based on what we’ve heard from Samantha, she seems inaccurate w/ her ‘facts’ so I’ll believe it when one of you reports she’s been spotted filming - I refuse to give these stories clicks & do appreciate the summaries others provide so I can stick to my no clicks strategy, plus the whole thing exhausts me - too much tawdry drama.

I've never watched the show or any Big Brother type show but I do know that the theme for the particular episode that Ms. Grant/Markle would participate in is slated to be called "The Eye of the Storm" which focuses on scandal and feuds and broken relationships and it seems that the Samantha/Meghan ruckus fills the bill. I can't fathom how she could participate in the show without mentioning her half sister and vehemently spouting off what she thinks about her.

Maybe someone else can fill us in on exactly how the program works as a basis. I think they all have to live in a house. That's about all I know.

Samantha will be watched "24/7" by the viewing audience and she can say whatever but the consequences might not be what she is prepared for. Besides everyone knows she has not had any interaction with Meghan in over a decade and even that seemed to be a one off. Samantha is a vile person and she will dig herself in deeper.

And Thomas Snr is on a pap stroll in Los Angeles. I knew it was coming.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Sr-celebrates-74th-birthday-Los-Angeles.html

Last edited:
From a British point of view, is anything that Samantha would say that could be deemed as "attacking" The Duchess of Sussex grounds for a lawsuit? I would think that British producers of a show would be well aware of it. Would they not care and go ahead and let her say whatever she wants to boost their ratings and throw Samantha under a bus and perhaps be fined themselves? Or would Meghan's and the palace's teams of lawyers shrug it off and continue with the stone wall of silence? I can imagine if this show is anything like I've heard it to be, the participants often really go at each other too. Would it make it a comedy if Samantha was the lone American in a group of Brits and Samantha finds out they don't take too kindly to attacking one or all of their royal family and they turn against Samantha with unmitigated vitriol? Now that I would pay to see.

Stay tuned as this episode of "Samantha Is Not Bewitching" takes shape. :D

I wouldn't want to be the editing crew for this segment. All that cutting and splicing and deleting and bleeping to make the show "presentable". Perhaps that's why there is a rumor they're calling in Daddy Dearest. He's Hollywood. :lol:

Last edited:
I know this is Wiki, but it does explain the concept of the show.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity_Big_Brother_(UK_TV_series)

Samantha would not just be in one episode. I believe 'The Eye of the Storm' refers to the title of this year's series, and would encompass 'celebrities' who are controversial or have been mired in scandal. They stay until voted off.

Samantha certainly fits that bill, but if she starts spitting untrue vitriol about members of the BRF (and that's what she would be invited for) then I would think that would certainly be slanderous and therefore actionable.

I do wonder whether she will be a contestant though. There is not only the possibility of legal action when she starts ranting, but also her physical condition. Samantha might require ongoing help with this and there's also high insurance premiums to be considered if she injured herself on the set, considering she is wheelchair-bound. Lots of things for the producers of this ratty show to consider.

Last edited:
So if Samantha does this, it does beg the question why she hasn’t visited her father in years, especially now that he’s so fragile she’s holding Meghan accountable if he dies.

Its the game plan. Its all Meghan's fault. Its all on Meghan that she made a success out of her life and is going on to bigger and better things. Its all on Meghan that she is relegating her estranged (with the emphasis on strange) family to the back alley. Its all on Meghan if their father dies.

Their own family dysfunctions are inconsequential to the narrative. None of them have a stable, working relationship within the family itself and who knows, perhaps they're even perceiving it all as bringing the family together for a common cause. Tom, Jr. even seems to have taken advantage of his own father by ambushing him into making it look like there was a "reunion" of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom