The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 06-20-2018, 06:43 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
He has known things that others who aren't in the fold knows. While he doesn't visit in person, it is clear that there is regular conversations going on based on how he was told about who his daughter was dating. And he has said that they've made arrangements for fittings multiple times in LA as they did for Doria I'm sure since she wasn't in London. A lot of things I wish he hasn't said because they clearly went to great pains to conceal it and keep it private so that the media wouldn't get wind of it. Now they all know how they do this.

Meghan might not be having girl talks with him, but it doesn't seem like he wasn't part of the process. There are just some things relating to weddings and relationships and such that mothers are typically more involved in. Add onto the fact that Tom Markle doesn't seem to do a lot of travelling where Doria do travel to see her daughter with or without Harry. And I'm not blaming him for it since I do understand travelling gets more difficult with age and obviously health place a part in it. They talked about going to see him even after his photogate situation, but he's the one that said no. Just like Doria didn't spend weeks on end in London for her daughter's wedding. She spent just a few days in London for it. I'm sure if she wanted to spend longer, Meghan and Harry wouldn't have issues with it. But these are people with their own lives.

I'm not sure why people insist on making it seem like poor old Thomas Markle was left to his own devices and abandoned by his daughter. He told TMZ that his daughter called him as soon as she heard about him not going to her wedding FROM TMZ. After having always included him as part of the wedding plans. She still wanted him to come even after that fiasco. I'm not sure how ANYONE can consider that to be anything other than extremely inclusive. He was the one that wasn't talking to her about it and just announcing it to the world. Just like what's happened here. So if anyone is getting cut out of the process in the family, it's Meghan. Done by the hands of her father. He said he was offered support himself. He just chose to go a different way in handling it.

Even in the media, I don't understand why people keep saying KP or Harry need to do more. The one thing I DIDN'T hear Tom Markle say is that he felt like he wasn't given adequate support from KP or Harry. He simply didn't like how he was portrayed in the media, which is NOT within Harry's control. Believe it or not, the BRF isn't the all powerful that can just swoop in and take over people's lives without consent.

And really, why a father should care what his daughter, whom he's claiming to love, thinks of him?

Excellent post!!! I agree.
__________________

  #282  
Old 06-20-2018, 07:16 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 3,690
I think calling her DoS might have more to do with the fact that she hasn't been known as long as Kate and Camilla. Meghan Markle the gf of Harry only lasted a year and a half in the tabloids while Kate lasted nearly a decade and Camilla around 2 decades; the rags just got used to using their names over time.

Also I have been hearing some people say that Harry or the BF warned Meghan away from Piers; when did that happen and how do we know it happened? Ive never heard of it until this thread.
__________________

  #283  
Old 06-20-2018, 07:16 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,933
Please note that additional posts have been deleted and/or edited to remove political references to Trump and Brexit.
__________________
.

  #284  
Old 06-20-2018, 08:38 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,784
If Tom Sr thought this GMB interview would rehabilitate his image it did move the needle one way or another. While some see him as an overwhelmed recluse, others see him as a attention seeking manipulator. I'm in the camp of the latter. He sought out Piers and wanted to be compensated. If Sr simply wanted to set the record straight he would have turned down the money or go to a more solid news organization to tell the story. He also didn't give Meghan or Harry or the palace the heads up, especially when they have been offering assistance with the media, suggesting a deviousness. Tom Sr and the rest of the Markle sellouts care about looking like big shots. Jealousy is in the mix, Sam is obvious. Sr admitted he was jealous of Charles when he walked Meghan down the aisle. I think Sr sees Charles as a rival for Meghan's daughterly affections. Even with his mess ups Charles is the future King of England and Sr may see him as tough competition. When children come it is really going to be pricking Sr's pride
  #285  
Old 06-20-2018, 09:47 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,537
Is it my imagination or did this recent 'scandal' involving Thomas Markle Snr last about as long as a snow cone in hell? There is just too much going on in the world and the Markles are forgotten quickly!

Moving on....the latest issue of Majesty magazine quotes the editor Ingrid Seward claiming that Ashleigh Hale (Meghan's half niece) was at the wedding. I don't know how true that is as she states that Ashleigh was the only one besides Meghan's mother at the wedding! I am sure I read about an aunt and cousin from Meghan's side being at the wedding as well.
Majesty Magazine - The Quality Royal Magazine
  #286  
Old 06-20-2018, 10:14 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,123
I don't think we'll ever get official confirmation whether or not Ashleigh was at the wedding. If she was, it was done very expertly under the radar and with no one being the wiser. Especially her mother. The last thing Ashleigh would need is to become a target forevermore from her mother for "betraying" her and attending a wedding she wasn't invited to. We've seen how Samantha Grant's mind works far too much.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #287  
Old 06-20-2018, 11:50 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post

Also I have been hearing some people say that Harry or the BF warned Meghan away from Piers; when did that happen and how do we know it happened? Ive never heard of it until this thread.
It’s speculation. Piers also have said that. Because he was speculating based on timeline that he met with Meghan right before Harry did, and then he never heard from her again even though they’ve traded emails before after he followed her on Twitter.
  #288  
Old 06-21-2018, 12:36 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,007
It's not beyond the realms of possibility though that Meghan, making conversation with Harry shortly after they'd met, told him about the Twitter chat between herself and Piers ref gun control. If she went on and told him that she and Piers had met up for a drink in a pub I can imagine Harry saying 'Aaagh, No...!'
  #289  
Old 06-21-2018, 01:49 AM
Tarlita's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,207
In the interview with Piers, Mr Markle said he had every intention of going to the wedding until the heart palpitations. So why then didn't he go to his library and get the staff there or someone to type out his Father of the Bride speech and have it emailed to KP. Once he was released from hospital. Because surely if you were going to such an important wedding you would have your father of the bride speech ready.
Just a thought. Prince Charles could have read it out for him. It would have been a nice touch for his daughter on her big day.
  #290  
Old 06-21-2018, 02:30 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,733
Happily, the interview didn't really get any traction. It's not that he has a lot to say that we don't already know. Sadly when Harry and Meghan have children the Markle family are likely to find out about it at the same time as the rest of the world.

His heart problem could have been dealt with well before the wedding and angioplasty is only Day Surgery. But I am listening to reports saying he suffered from cardiac arrest which would have needed immediate surgery unlike a heart attack which gives time for "scheduling". So, I'm going to take a punt and say that this latest is just more guilting for Meghan.

Thomas Snr is worried about his image. Well, let's hope it keeps him company because I think he has completely ruined his relationship with his daughter Meghan and I think Harry will support her if she decides to sever all ties with her family because I think he doesn't want to see her hurt.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #291  
Old 06-21-2018, 03:09 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
I'm still amazed, how some reporters are calling Mr Markle 'a loving father' and 'genuine'. What more loving from a father than spilling his daughters private conversations in a paid interview in order to 'repair his image'. And what's more genuine, than lying to that same daughter and scheming behind her back to get that interview done, because that father KNEW, that his daughter wouldn't want him talking about these conversations they had. Yes, genuine act of love, right there.

Samantha was blasting Meghan on twitter for not visiting their father, when in fact Mr Markle had refused a visit from Meghan and Harry. Harry and Meghan got blasted by Piers of all people for nor visiting Mr Markle, when in the interview with Piers Mr Markle had said, that he had told Harry and Meghan not to visit him. The palace, Harry and Meghan get blasted for not helping Mr Markle, for not guiding him, while Mr Markle himself said, that he was offered a lot of help and assistance, he refused it all.

I think these reporters just want to blast Harry, Meghan and KP, and aren't actually listening to what Mr Markle actually says, and are ignoring what really happened.

I love, that this interview got so little traction and attention. One visit to Ascot by Meghan and Harry, and it was all 'Mr Markle WHO?!?' That's why I think KP, Meghan and Harry need to keep ignoring the Markles, and not comment at all, this way they get the least amount of credibility.
  #292  
Old 06-21-2018, 06:04 AM
Royal Suitor's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Coast, United States
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Is it my imagination or did this recent 'scandal' involving Thomas Markle Snr last about as long as a snow cone in hell? There is just too much going on in the world and the Markles are forgotten quickly!

Moving on....the latest issue of Majesty magazine quotes the editor Ingrid Seward claiming that Ashleigh Hale (Meghan's half niece) was at the wedding. I don't know how true that is as she states that Ashleigh was the only one besides Meghan's mother at the wedding! I am sure I read about an aunt and cousin from Meghan's side being at the wedding as well.
Majesty Magazine - The Quality Royal Magazine
Interesting...I was pretty surprised when Ashleigh Hale supposedly wasn't invited. But really unless she was seated in the quire and had a name tag on her seat, she could've been at the wedding with none of us the wiser. I've seen pictures of her but definitely couldn't spot her in a crowd. Same goes for any Ragland relatives. Seating them in the nave to blend with charity workers and other non-celeb guests would be the best way to maintain anonymity.

In the wedding thread I do remember someone posted tweets saying that a Ragland cousin and aunt were at the wedding. But the tweets were later deleted. Did anyone else see them? Was there ever confirmation?
  #293  
Old 06-21-2018, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Suitor View Post
Interesting...I was pretty surprised when Ashleigh Hale supposedly wasn't invited. But really unless she was seated in the quire and had a name tag on her seat, she could've been at the wedding with none of us the wiser. I've seen pictures of her but definitely couldn't spot her in a crowd. Same goes for any Ragland relatives. Seating them in the nave to blend with charity workers and other non-celeb guests would be the best way to maintain anonymity.

In the wedding thread I do remember someone posted tweets saying that a Ragland cousin and aunt were at the wedding. But the tweets were later deleted. Did anyone else see them? Was there ever confirmation?
I believe it was a reporter that tweeted that. But no one would really recognize them. I don’t recall if I ever say a picture of doria’s Half brother in all those pictures people sold when the engagement was announced.
  #294  
Old 06-21-2018, 07:16 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,784
The press defend Sr because it sees him as a source of current information on the royals and Harry and Meghan. The other Markles are useless because they haven't had contact for years so they are a waste of money. Meghan may have to cut off her father for good.
  #295  
Old 06-21-2018, 07:38 AM
Tarlita's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,207
I am sure I read in the wedding thread a member here recognised Uncle Joffrey and his wife in the church. He is a younger half brother to Doria.
  #296  
Old 06-21-2018, 08:25 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
The press defend Sr because it sees him as a source of current information on the royals and Harry and Meghan. The other Markles are useless because they haven't had contact for years so they are a waste of money. Meghan may have to cut off her father for good.
Unfortunately they want to set forth the notion that Harry and Meghan have not helped Sr. Perhaps the reason the media started to dig into the fake photo scam was because Prince Harry was seeking legal recourse against the media/paps for invading Tom Sr. privacy. That was what lead to the Daily Fail exposing the fake photo scam. The media sees the Murkles as an easy way to get their shots in at Meghan and Harry even if their narrative does not fit the truth.
  #297  
Old 06-21-2018, 08:29 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't think we'll ever get official confirmation whether or not Ashleigh was at the wedding. If she was, it was done very expertly under the radar and with no one being the wiser. Especially her mother. The last thing Ashleigh would need is to become a target forevermore from her mother for "betraying" her and attending a wedding she wasn't invited to. We've seen how Samantha Grant's mind works far too much.
If she was there I'm sure it was kept top secret. Also unlike the rest of THAT family she has remained silent. I would not be surprised if it turns out she was present. Nor would I be surprised if other family members from Doria's side attended. If only THOSE family members had behaved the same way.
Save
  #298  
Old 06-21-2018, 10:07 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
In the interview with Piers, Mr Markle said he had every intention of going to the wedding until the heart palpitations. So why then didn't he go to his library and get the staff there or someone to type out his Father of the Bride speech and have it emailed to KP. Once he was released from hospital. Because surely if you were going to such an important wedding you would have your father of the bride speech ready.
Just a thought. Prince Charles could have read it out for him. It would have been a nice touch for his daughter on her big day.
Maybe Mr. Markle just didn't want to have anyone else read his thoughts. He was having heart problems so a few words at a wedding was probably not first on his mind at that point. Plus I am sure that there would have been some who would have thought Mr. Markle was just trying to gain a bit of "spotlight" if he did insist that Prince Charles read something he wrote. I think he did the proper thing in the situation. I am sure that Mr. Markle and his daughter did exactly what they wanted to do on that day and it was done.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #299  
Old 06-21-2018, 01:24 PM
Tarlita's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,207
I see your point Winnie. Guess we will never know what his thoughts were at the time. Very conflicted I imagine.
  #300  
Old 06-21-2018, 02:08 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
The press defend Sr because it sees him as a source of current information on the royals and Harry and Meghan. The other Markles are useless because they haven't had contact for years so they are a waste of money. Meghan may have to cut off her father for good.
Completely agree with you there Madame Verseau. He engaged in scams and financially profited from it. He keeps exploiting his links to Meghan. Publicly spewing her new husband’s private conversations and getting paid for it is pretty disgusting too.
I just don’t get it. He has a pension to live off, he owns a home in California. And he resides in a gated community of expats in Mexico living the life he wants.

https://www.her.ie/celeb/meghan-mark...terview-409578

I’d be pretty upset too if that happened to me. I guess for some people greed, fame, attention-seeking and ego boost are more of an incentive and supersedes any consideration for their child’s emotional wellbeing and privacy.

You’d be forgiven for thinking the Markle sellouts were the only people with a relative married into a royal family the shameful/exploitive way they’ve paraded themselves in the media.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background sara1981 The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 3057 04-05-2021 07:27 AM
The Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Duke & Duchess of Sussex ghost_night554 British Royals 574 09-07-2019 12:14 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abdication america anastasia 2020 baby names biography bridal gown britain britannia british royal family buckingham palace canada china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing cpr daisy dna doge of venice dubai duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii elizabeth ii emperor family life fantasy movie fashion and style george vi hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hypothetical monarchs interesting introduction jewellery jewelry king willem-alexander list of rulers mary: crown princess of denmark mountbatten names nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien queen louise queen mathilde resusci anne royal court royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding royal wedding gown russian court dress solomon j solomon stuart thailand united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×