The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2381  
Old 08-21-2018, 12:47 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
My parents and I lived in two different continents for a while ( about 5 years too), but I saw them every year in the summer and around Christmas and New Yearís. Occasionally, they also visited me on Easter and in the fall or the spring. Meghan and Doria both lived in North America and Meghan, I suppose, had ample free time between seasons of her show. Again, I donít follow her life because I am not interested, but it doesnít seem to me that she made a great effort to be with her mother whenever she could and, vice-versa, Dioria didnít either.

That is not the point of this thread too. Meghan may or may not be close to her mother, I donít know really. What I am skeptical about is that her children will be close to her parents, or see them often, when there is no indication that is a plausible assumption.
And I guess that is why people are taking issue with your previous statements. You say you don't follow Meghan or had no previous interest with her and yet you make a blanket statement that she does not appear to be close to her mother when you simply don't know. People who have followed her have provided you of examples of when and where Meghan and her mother have been together despite living in two separate continents and yet you appear to make light of those statements.

As previously stated, many friends and families rely on social media (facebook, instagram, skype, etc.) to stay in touch. I know many of contemporaries whose parents have Facebooks accounts and are more knowledgeable about social media than I am because that's how they communicate with their grandchildren. So to say that Doria might not have a relationship with her daughter and her grandchildren because they live on two separate continents in 2018 is a disservice to all of those who have relationships with family members who don't live in the same time zone.'

Finally, as Meghan was essentially a private citizen prior to her marriage and Doria is a private citizen now, who knows what they do/or did/or will do 24 hours a day.
__________________

__________________
.

  #2382  
Old 08-21-2018, 01:33 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soula View Post
As I said it just my opinion....

Re the Raglands being invited I read somewhere, maybe on this thread, that some of the Raglands were there but not up front with Doria

Does anyone know if they were or have links to pics?
I don't think any of them were there. We would have had pictures by now.
__________________

  #2383  
Old 08-21-2018, 02:02 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Moose Jaw, Canada
Posts: 288
If you notice the limiting of photographers was noticed most at the stairs outside the chapel and the guest arrivals.

The pictures of the guest arrivals are terrible. Therr are actually not many photographers of the guests other than the celebrities. Many people in the fandom have noted how bad the pictures of the guest arrivals were.

The only reason we know a lot of people like some of the aristos and other close friends was because of social media.

The celebrities posed in front of the photographs while others just slipped in quietly behind them.

The only place IMO that truly suffered from Harry and Meghan limiting photographers at the wedding was the guest arrivals.

I have seen theories about how limiting photographers for guest arrivals might have been for privacy of the guests especially if any one from Meghan's family were there.

So the best we can say about any of the raglands being there is suspected but not confirmed.

I would like to remind everyone the only reason we we even suspect that Raglands might have been there is becauyan LA based journalist close to where the Raglands reside said they flew 1st class from LA a day or two before the wedding. It's also important to note that unlike the Markles I believe there is only 1 picture or 2 pictures of the Raglands that were suspected to be at the wedding in circulation and both are from many Maby years ago we wouldn't know what they looked like.
  #2384  
Old 08-21-2018, 02:03 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,784
@Osipi - the reason for no new Markle meltdown could be the story of Meghan and Harry are not going to discuss Sr and that Meghan is not going to the US to meet Dad. That was the Holy Grail the gossip press was holding out for and they are finally realize the family reunion is not to happen or if it does it's not going be on the tabloids' terms. They've moved on to other stories about the Sussexes. Why the story about the Markles doing a reality show? The tabloids may have told them they are being cut off; they have no access to Meghan and the royals so they are of no value and a waste of money. The reality show is the last desperate attempt to hold on to 15 minutes of infamy. They'll surface again for milestones but they won't have as much impact.
  #2385  
Old 08-21-2018, 02:31 PM
loonytick's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Tennessee, United States
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

As previously stated, many friends and families rely on social media (facebook, instagram, skype, etc.) to stay in touch. I know many of contemporaries whose parents have Facebooks accounts and are more knowledgeable about social media than I am because that's how they communicate with their grandchildren. So to say that Doria might not have a relationship with her daughter and her grandchildren because they live on two separate continents in 2018 is a disservice to all of those who have relationships with family members who don't live in the same time zone.'

Finally, as Meghan was essentially a private citizen prior to her marriage and Doria is a private citizen now, who knows what they do/or did/or will do 24 hours a day.
Shoot, even before social media my aunt was closer to my grandmother than anyone else on earth even though they only saw each other in person every few years. They talked on the phone every day for at least an hour. Physical distance and emotional distance are two very different things. We can't assume to know one way or the other anything about Meghan's closeness to Doria other than what they've indicated, which is that they are on good terms and do seem to travel regularly to see each other.

As for an earlier statement here regarding royal children and their non-royal grandparents, there actually is quite a bit of evidence to refute the claim that the non-royal side of the family is held at arm's length.

In the documentaries made for QEII's 90th birthday, there was footage showing her as a girl of various ages enjoying the company of her mother's extended family at her maternal grandparents' home and she famously considered her maternal cousin, Margaret Rhodes, to be one of her closest companions. IIRC, her parents took in Margaret and a couple of other cousins from the Queen Mother's side in to live with them during WWII. In the next generation, Lord Mountbatten essentially served as paternal grandfather to Philip and Elizabeth's children, and Charles was famously close to him. Sophie's father doesn't get much press attention so you may not realize that he's actually around a lot. He's often at Ascot, for instance, and I'm pretty sure he's shown up in photos from Louise's carriage riding events. He was definitely with the kids waiting at the finish line of Sophie's big bike rally a couple of years ago, and the vibe between them was definitely a close one. Etc.

All that to say there's plenty of room in the royal way of doing things for Doria to have a close relationship with any children Meghan and Harry might have. We may not see much of it because it's none of our business, but there's not a tradition that would keep her out. And, for that matter, not a tradition that would block Tom, Sr. from having a relationship with his daughter or potential grandchildren...aside from the well-established and time-tested technique of not giving into bad behavior.
  #2386  
Old 08-21-2018, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
@Osipi - the reason for no new Markle meltdown could be the story of Meghan and Harry are not going to discuss Sr and that Meghan is not going to the US to meet Dad.

There's a new meltdown from Markle Jr. on the DM.

He wants to know why the Markles can't be like the Middletons!
  #2387  
Old 08-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
They must need to establish contact for some kind of deal.
  #2388  
Old 08-21-2018, 04:16 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
There's a new meltdown from Markle Jr. on the DM.

He wants to know why the Markles can't be like the Middletons!
And the Markle vs Middleton headline isn’t even accurate. He’s talking about about about Catherine’s uncle, Gary Goldsmith, not the Middleton family.

What I would say to him is, although Gary has some issues, not once did her ever say bad things about Kate or attack the royal family. For Gary’s faults, he loves Kate very much.
  #2389  
Old 08-21-2018, 04:30 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
And the Markle vs Middleton headline isnít even accurate. Heís talking about about about Catherineís uncle, Gary Goldsmith, not the Middleton family.

What I would say to him is, although Gary has some issues, not once did her ever say bad things about Kate or attack the royal family. For Garyís faults, he loves Kate very much.
I believe the custody issue does include the greatgrandchildren. Permission from HM was needed to take George on tour with them. Every time they take the children out of the country they need permission. However, I find it hard to think that HM or Charles would interfere in any relationship with their grandparents.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #2390  
Old 08-21-2018, 04:33 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,498
Yep! Gary is problematic in many ways but he has been nothing but supportive of Kate and her family, including the royals. Thomas can't say the same about himself, father and sister. So he needs to sit down and shut up. Also notice how every time they speak it is about how they want to be included in festivities. It is never ever about Meghan herself.
  #2391  
Old 08-21-2018, 04:54 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Gary is a non-hostile embarrassment. He has never verbally abused his niece also he has never insulted the royal family.

However when Gary did not get full access to Pippa's wedding I do recall he complained to the tabloids about that.

Imagine if Jr. was given the approval stamp. If he did not get access to all the wedding events he would continue to complain and act up. Once you give an inch they will take a mile. What a non-resilient group of adult children.

Regarding both Gary and Jr. It is high time we stop blaming adult men's actions on much younger women.
  #2392  
Old 08-21-2018, 05:11 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The Queen dorsnít travel overseas anymore and, to be frank, Charles doesnít do it quite often these days either as many international engagements have been outsourced to the Cambridges and Harry. Harryís children will obviously spend summers in Balmoral and be with other members of the RF around Christmas and in other special occasions, or maybe on weekends as Beatrice, Eugenie and Edwardís children have done with their grandparents. There is no comparison really with the very limited amount of time , if any, that they will spend with Mrs Ragland and much less with her estranged husband, whom they will probably never see. Again, the RF is not your run-of-the-mill Anerican family.

And I stand by my perception. Meghan and Doria have seen each other only occasionally over the past 7 years or so. In fact, they havenít seen each other since the wedding as far as I know. I have no reason to believe they are particularly close as the Middletons are to Kate for example, or the Westlings are to Daniel. Meghan herself is known to have told Harry that she ď never had a familyĒ , whatever that means. Marrying into the RF should be a good opportunity for her to make a clean break with her past.
Obviously you did not follow Meghan prior to her dating Prince Harry or else you would know that Meghanís mother visited her frequently in Canada. Doria even spent time with Meghan while she worked on set filming Suits. Members of the cast also know her mother.

Meghan has spoken frequently about her strong bond with her mother, in her past social media posts, articles and television interviews.

Meghan never mentioned her estranged siblings at all, in fact she was raised as an only child. The estranged sisterís 2 eldest children are in their 30ís just like Meghan, lying Samantha was not raised with Meghan. Samantha is closer in age to Doria than Meghan.

On her a personal note, my family open our Christmas presents with some of my UK family over FaceTime, nicely projected to big screen tv so no one misses anything. Celebrated a birthday that way too.
  #2393  
Old 08-21-2018, 05:26 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,910
The same news of world reporter who recorded Gary was also the same reporter who recorded Sophie Wessex.

Gary has issues with substance abuse but Camillas son, Tom Parker Bowles has admitted cocaine use and has been in court over it.

The royals arenít perfect and donít expect the people around them to be perfect either.

The Markles need to learn though, when you cross the line into attacking the royal family, calling them a cult and all the other nonsense, donít expect to be invited for tea.

Plus Garyís not exactly been invited into the fold. Heís attended his nieces weddings but thatís been about it.
  #2394  
Old 08-21-2018, 05:53 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
BTW, has anyone watch the You Tube interview with Samantha's mother and daughter Noel? It is under the subject heading of "Meghan Markle Cousin says Samantha Markle is a jealous bitter Woman". Very honest but scary for a young child to have to remember that upbringing. Noel so very soft spoken and quite lovely.
Like father, like daughter. Thomas Markle does not love his children and Samantha does not love hers. Thankfully, Doria raised Meghan to be different. I am so thankful that Noel got out of this environment.
  #2395  
Old 08-21-2018, 06:03 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,784
Well I spoke too soon.

Sr's dragging the royal family was a bridge too far. Uncle Gary has not been invited to royal events; he wasn't at Prince Louis' christening. The BRF didn't lift a finger to get the battery charges dropped. The Markles are stuck on stupid and they are just column filler.
  #2396  
Old 08-21-2018, 06:18 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,910
This is what I was saying earlier. Gary Goldsmith has a lot of personal issues but so do a lot of people. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Gary however has never attacked Kate, never attacked the BRF.

Mike and Carole Middleton are treated with nothing but respect because they have never put a foot wrong with regards to their discretion. The Middletons even attended Harry’s wedding. They’re fully accepted.
  #2397  
Old 08-21-2018, 06:49 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 313
The Middletons & William used to holiday with Gary, so they had more recent relationship. Gary went to Pippa’s church ceremony, but according to him, he wasn’t invited to the reception. Regardless, he’s never verbally abused or attacked Catherine or her family.

Meghan has had no adult relationship with her estranged siblings. Tom Jr doesn’t even have a relationship with his own sons, who don’t even want his last name. Both Sam & Jr have verbally abused & attacked Meghan, both of them publicly told Harry not to marry Meghan, so why did they want to go to the wedding! The reporters never ask that question!
  #2398  
Old 08-21-2018, 07:55 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Sr. had a choice he could of experienced the royal halo affect which could of led to perhaps meeting new people and increased opportunity. Perhaps he could of picked up another profession other than whining to the press. He would have been accepted into the fold just as Doria. All he had to do was keep quiet even after the whole calling TMZ mess they would have eventually found a way to onboard him.
  #2399  
Old 08-22-2018, 12:41 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,123
What it boils down to is that with the Markles, Meghan really isn't part of their narrative to the extent that there is credible information. It could almost be compared to a family of people that lived next door to Oprah Winfrey when she was growing up but haven't seen her or interacted with her since. No matter how much the family divulges about Oprah's childhood, it isn't relevant to Oprah's life today and Oprah has no need to acknowledge these people at all.

When all of the Markle's bleatings to the press remain being filled with whines, the public eventually gets sick of whine as a steady diet and start to look towards a change of pace. Beer perhaps? Or champagne? Or even coffee.

As the silly season draws to an end and more information released about what Meghan will be doing in her new life with Harry and the press covers it, its going to be plain to see a stark comparison between whines and actually doing something constructive with life.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #2400  
Old 08-22-2018, 03:14 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
I'm sure Thomas Jnr knows this already, but it's worth saying again. He and his sister aren't in Meghan's life like Kate's family are in hers, because Meghan doesn't want them in her life. She didn't want them in her life before meeting Harry, and doesn't want them in her life now that she's married Harry. Nothing has changed. Kensington Palace aren't going to bring anyone 'into the fold' whom Meghan doesn't want there.

As for Thomas Snr. He WAS in the fold. He was supposed to walk Meghan down the aisle. He backed out. Then he talked to TMZ instead of Meghan. He told Meghan and Harry not to come to visit him. He schemed behind Meghan's back to give that interview to GMB. We all know this. Meghan cut contact with her father because he broke her trust, not the other way around, and the narrative won't change no matter how many times Thomas Snr and Jnr and Samantha try to change it.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background sara1981 The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 3057 04-05-2021 07:27 AM
The Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Duke & Duchess of Sussex ghost_night554 British Royals 574 09-07-2019 12:14 AM




Popular Tags
abdication america anastasia anastasia once upon a time archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism biography bridal gown britain british british royal family china chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy doge of venice doll dubai duke of sussex facts family life fashion and style george vi gustaf vi adolf hello! imperial household intro italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery king edward vii king willem-alexander książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg mary: crown princess of denmark meghan markle nepalese royal jewels plantinum jubilee prince constantijn prince dimitri princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess ribha queen consort queen mathilde queen maxima random facts royal ancestry royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding royal wedding gown serbian royal family solomon j solomon speech suthida taiwan tradition uae customs united states of america wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×