Sussex Royal - The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Sussex Royal - The Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex
Activities from September 2019

The previous thread, covering the time period September 2009 to September 2019, can be found here.

Last edited:
The first trustee of the upcoming Sussex Foundation has been officially named.

Karen Blackett - by all accounts a competent and experienced choice. Already made OBE back in 2014.

Link

Last edited:
They are assembling an extremely diverse and highly qualified team! What excellent news. Ms Blackett seems like an inspired "get" for the Foundation.

So glad to see them have a diverse, as well as predominantly female, team around them.

Good. An excellent choice. Meghan and Harry are building a great team for the future.

Yes. They’re putting an amazing team together for their royal household. I hope they all serve them well in their Royal roles going into the future.

We have a couple of other Sussex articles in the DM this morning, does the new Sussex Royal Foundation need its own thread now?

Two directors at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's new charity foundation quit their roles - including one poached from Prince William and Kate Middleton just weeks ago

Potential answer in the article

Buckingham Palace has refused to comment on the resignations, but a royal source claims the pair were only given director status temporarily for legal reasons and now they are no longer directors - but still have the same job.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Duke of Sussex launched a new eco-tourism project between Bookingcom, SkyScanner, CTrip, TripAdvisor and Visa and the Sussex Royal Foundation in Amsterdam today, September 3:

** anp gallery ** rex gallery **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Duke Of Sussex Launches New Partnership In Amsterdam **

Well we quietly assume Prince Henry of Wales hasn’t used any of these listed companies to book air travel to Sicily, Ibiza and Nice lately but don’t do what he does, only do what he says.

I think this is a wonderful idea to get trip booking companies and Visa together to work on a project such as this.

Its not always a a case of a patron or sponsor actively using a product or a service. A lot of royals sponsor and are patrons of hospitals. That doesn't mean they're patients there. A lot of royals are advocates for homelessness but that doesn't mean they have experienced homelessness themselves. Its the same with many different charities and causes. The royal's job is bring attention to what a charity or cause is doing and make people aware.

I think this is a wonderful idea to get trip booking companies and Visa together to work on a project such as this.

Its not always a a case of a patron or sponsor actively using a product or a service. A lot of royals sponsor and are patrons of hospitals. That doesn't mean they're patients there. A lot of royals are advocates for homelessness but that doesn't mean they have experienced homelessness themselves. Its the same with many different charities and causes. The royal's job is bring attention to what a charity or cause is doing and make people aware.

Exactly this! If we expect the royals to personally use the products or their patronages or have personal experience in it, then they'd be unable to do any philanthropic work at all.

Regarding the PR firm, Dan Wooten just tweeted this:

“The PR and crisis management advice provided by Sunshine Sachs to Meghan has been going on for many months. She also took them on to do PR around her Vogue magazine guest edit. There’s much more to come on this.”

The firm is used for charity. Not for themselves. Nice try, Dan Wooten.

This story is highly doubtful. This Sussexes are putting a legit team together under Palace guardianship. It’s just another fake story with the idea of Meghan snubbing the royal family and making it seem like she need to rehabilitate her image. Just a bunch on nonsense.
Buckingham Palace confirmed that the PR firm Sunshine Sachs was hired but the firm was hired to help launch The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's foundation in the US.

Buckingham Palace confirmed that the PR firm Sunshine Sachs was hired but the firm was hired to help launch The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's foundation in the US.

Right. This is for charity. Not for Meghan’s public image. She don’t have an image she need to rehabilitate.

Harry just delivered the most fantastic speech and I am delighted to see what Travalyst would achieve in the coming months, Harry has a track record for successful initiatives so I can certainly say that this one would also succeed.

Bravo Henry!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that was a convincing explanation, was it not? I am not sure why he needed to bring it up at all. :flowers:

He was asked about it so he answered.

The firm is used for charity. Not for themselves. Nice try, Dan Wooten.

I’m glad that Chris corrected Wootton again. He was like this about the Vogue issue as well when he falsely stated no royal ever edited a publication. Anyways I’m not surprised they have a US branch. They are also registered the foundation under many commonwealth countries. They clearly have a plan.

HRH The Duke of Sussex in Amsterdam today.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7422197/Prince-Harry-preaches-play-help-planet.html
Harry flies private jet to keep his famild save, responding to 4 flights in 11 days while launching new initiative.
So again this do as I say issue comes back at him. Why comment at all?
Of course critics will have a field day, does William not want to keep his family save by flying commercial airline? And we are talking holiday, not business!

Is there someone out there to save these people from themselves ?
I guess the "never complain never explain" is now dead...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7422197/Prince-Harry-preaches-play-help-planet.html
Harry flies private jet to keep his famild save, responding to 4 flights in 11 days while launching new initiative.
Of course critics will have a field day, does William not want to keep his family save by flying commercial airline? And we are talking holiday, not business!

He was asked directly about it.He was damned either way. If he didn't say anything, that would also be commented on. So its hardly them going out of their way to "explain"

And his actual quote was in particular circumstances, including sometimes for safety reasons, he sometimes flies private. Again, same as William.

Even though Harry isn't the heir, his threat level has always been high and often times the highest in the family. Given the threats that have been made public against him and against Meghan, I can only imagine what threats we do not know about. They have had to shut down comments several times on sussexroyal because of death threats against Meghan.

It is possible that at least presently, the Sussex family is facing more threats than even William and family--and it wouldn't be the first time Harry has more security than William anyway. And maybe the decision is that flying private is best as a result. I am sure these things are fluid and change a great deal as a result.

Doesn't mean the optics are not bad. And perhaps, knowing this launch was in the offing, they should have simply vacationed in the UK. The most sensible thing in retrospect tbh.

All that said, I am very interested to see how this initiative does! It is a big undertaking. And at least one thing good, i guess, about the never ending Planegate :)bang:) is that this initiative is getting massively covered in major news outlets.

Last edited:
I'm so pleased to see that Harry is launching this initiative and that it's getting plenty of publicity. Enjoyed seeing and listening to his speech too.

Of course it isn't one size fits all as far as threats to the Royal Family are concerned. I can remember Harry having six RPOs in attendance at the one time wherever he went, in his post Afghanistan service era. And I'm sure that service isn't forgotten by certain groups unfortunately.

Equally unfortunately there are horrendous threats uttered against both Harry and Meghan all over social media sites. I would imagine that Scotland Yard would take some of these extremely seriously and react appropriately. The public are unlikely to know anything of those risks.

Plebeians were reminded of “What is permitted to Jupiter, is not allowed to a bull”.
On a different note, all ecological/animal/nature funds, which are chaired/patronised by affluent people, are the hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Whether what he said was right or not I wish we would go back to the "never complain, never explain" attitude of the past.

There's so much disquiet in the country atm that keeping silent and trying to just get on with things would be best IMO. I'm not saying nag him or he can't talk (and I get he was asked so how he could have avoided it I don't know) but that it would have been better if somehow he hadn't said anything.

Having Prince Harry promoting these companies sounds like a great deal for them, but I am much less clear what the actual direct benefit to the environment is. These are for-profit companies, correct?

Harry's statement regarding the private jet usage just prolonged the controversy.

Whether what he said was right or not I wish we would go back to the "never complain, never explain" attitude of the past.

There's so much disquiet in the country atm that keeping silent and trying to just get on with things would be best IMO. I'm not saying nag him or he can't talk (and I get he was asked so how he could have avoided it I don't know) but that it would have been better if somehow he hadn't said anything.

The “never complain, never explain” worked back in The Queen’s day. Deference was held high by many in those days. In 2019, things are different and that quote won’t fly like it used to.

I would say — “he faced the music with courage and simply got on with things.”

It’s a great initiative and I look forward to seeing it’s progress.

Last edited:
Harry's statement prolonged the controversy? I can just imagine the reaction if Harry had flicked the question off, sat silent, or said 'I don't want to answer that!' The uproar would have been immense. 'Never complain, never explain' doesn't work under those circumstances.

Harry's statement prolonged the controversy? I can just imagine the reaction if Harry had flicked the question off, sat silent, or said 'I don't want to answer that!' The uproar would have been immense. 'Never complain, never explain' doesn't work under those circumstances.

Oh, God. I don’t want to imagine it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom