The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 09-07-2019, 02:27 PM
Waika's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Orleans, United States
Posts: 55
Registering in the United States and having 501c3 status allows any person, group or corporation to claim donations to a charity with 501c3 status on their income taxes. I believe this is why they registered in the United States. Such a charity can also apply for grants.
__________________

  #82  
Old 09-07-2019, 07:40 PM
Ista's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 3,250
I believe that whatever decisions are being made regarding the work of the Sussex foundation are being made by both Sussexes, which I have made fairly clear in my posts.

The idea that for royalty to be relevant they have to look outward is an interesting one, and may well end up being true, but what I and many other observers are seeing in the world right now is that as in one way we are becoming increasingly global, we are also seeing a huge upsurge in nationalistic and even jingoistic sentiments. Without getting overtly political, there is plenty of evidence that this is a worldwide phenomenon, and all we have to do is watch the Brexit drama to see how that is playing out in one small corner of the world. So I think it is going to be very interesting indeed to see how this ends up affecting all the royal families in Europe, and especially the Sussexes as they develop their roles and objectives.
__________________

  #83  
Old 10-15-2019, 09:16 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,834
The Sussexes have appointed British TV News anchor & UNICEF UK President, Kirsty Young, as the fourth trustee of the Sussex Royal Foundation-
https://mobile.twitter.com/scobie/st...92908904996864
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #84  
Old 10-15-2019, 09:36 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Sussexes have appointed British TV News anchor & UNICEF UK President, Kirsty Young, as the fourth trustee of the Sussex Royal Foundation-
https://mobile.twitter.com/scobie/st...92908904996864
Her husband Nick Jones owns SoHo house...
  #85  
Old 10-15-2019, 09:52 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Her husband Nick Jones owns SoHo house...
Kirsty is a well respected journalist is her own right. Given the Sussex' potential closeness with the Nick and Kirsty, query if Kirsty is advising them on their ongoing battle against the media.
  #86  
Old 10-15-2019, 09:59 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Kirsty is a well respected journalist is her own right. Given the Sussex' potential closeness with the Nick and Kirsty, query if Kirsty is advising them on their ongoing battle against the media.
She is well respected as are dozen of other journalists, only one though is married to nick jones of SoHo house.

As far as advising, no idea. They already have a couple of media advisers and at some point too many cooks spoil the broth.

I’m not sure who they’re listening too.
  #87  
Old 10-15-2019, 10:00 AM
loonytick's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Tennessee, United States
Posts: 755
I think itís pretty clear that the BRF have tapped Harry and Meghan to have their focus of work veer somewhat international/Commonwealth going forward. They have both been given Commonwealth position/offices, which seemed to be hinted at when she made such a point of having all of the Commonwealth represented on her wedding veil. That focus builds quite logically on his pre-Meghan history of African volunteer work and the Invictus games. The BRF is not simply the royal house of the UK. The queen has always placed great importance (moreso, I think, than many of her British subjects, especially those I see commenting here) on the role that her household plays in Commonwealth countries and the opportunities they have to make a difference on a global scale.

If the Sussex foundation is going to do work that tackles some of the most pressing issues in the poorest Commonwealth nations, they are going to need a lot of donations from all over the world. And if they want American corporate donations, or a seamless partnership with like-minded charitable groups with US headquarters, they need to be registered in the US as a 501(c)3.
  #88  
Old 10-15-2019, 10:12 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,504
She also the President of Unicef. Just focusing on her being the wife of Nick Jones while ignoring all her own amazing achievements is fascinating, but predicable.

Great addition. Looking forward to the roll out next year.
  #89  
Old 10-15-2019, 10:20 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,910


I said sheís well respected but even Omidís headline canít escape the connection. The Sussexes have many friends at Soho house.

ďPrince Harry and Duchess Meghan Choose Close Friend as Sussex Royal Charity Trustee.
The Duke and Sussex welcome journalist Kirsty Young, wife of Soho House founder Nick Jones, to the board.Ē
  #90  
Old 10-15-2019, 10:32 AM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
She also the President of Unicef. Just focusing on her being the wife of Nick Jones while ignoring all her own amazing achievements is fascinating, but predicable.

Great addition. Looking forward to the roll out next year.
Agreed on all fronts. She has multiple connections that make sense for this foundation.
  #91  
Old 10-15-2019, 10:46 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
I think it’s pretty clear that the BRF have tapped Harry and Meghan to have their focus of work veer somewhat international/Commonwealth going forward. They have both been given Commonwealth position/offices, which seemed to be hinted at when she made such a point of having all of the Commonwealth represented on her wedding veil. That focus builds quite logically on his pre-Meghan history of African volunteer work and the Invictus games. The BRF is not simply the royal house of the UK. The queen has always placed great importance (moreso, I think, than many of her British subjects, especially those I see commenting here) on the role that her household plays in Commonwealth countries and the opportunities they have to make a difference on a global scale.

If the Sussex foundation is going to do work that tackles some of the most pressing issues in the poorest Commonwealth nations, they are going to need a lot of donations from all over the world. And if they want American corporate donations, or a seamless partnership with like-minded charitable groups with US headquarters, they need to be registered in the US as a 501(c)3.
As far as I am aware, H&M's roles within the Commonwealth are focussed on youth affairs. It is not the entire "international/Commonwealth" space.
  #92  
Old 10-15-2019, 11:05 AM
loonytick's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Tennessee, United States
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
As far as I am aware, H&M's roles within the Commonwealth are focussed on youth affairs. It is not the entire "international/Commonwealth" space.
They are the most youthful of working royals, after all. Seriously, though, youth engagement and development is generally one of the areas where the BRF has felt most free to take a very direct hand in charitable work, even domestically (see also: the Princeís Trustís, the Duke Edinburgh Award, Kateís work regarding childrenís mental health, Anneís very hands-on patronage of Save the Children, Sophie and Eugenieís work for pediatric medical charities, etc.), so itís where you expect them to be most active with the Commonwealth as well.
  #93  
Old 10-15-2019, 11:27 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
As far as I am aware, H&M's roles within the Commonwealth are focussed on youth affairs. It is not the entire "international/Commonwealth" space.
While that may be their primary focus it isn't their only focus. Meghan is also working with higher education through ACU. In addition, we have seen Meghan involved in Women's issues/business and Harry with conservation in the Commonwealth countries they have toured thus far.
  #94  
Old 10-15-2019, 12:26 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,132
Lets not forget too that the Queen, herself, has named both Harry and Meghan as the President and Vice-President of The Queen's Commonwealth Trust. To me, this shows clear intent for Harry and Meghan to devote a lot of their work to something near and dear to the Queen's heart. Her Commonwealth of Nations. She's also ensured that her son, Charles, will succeed her as the Head of the Commonwealth of Nations.

This isn't to say that the focus on the Commonwealth will solely lie with Harry and Meghan and, yes,, a lot of the focus in on the youth in the Commonwealth but it is with the young that the future lies.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #95  
Old 10-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
As far as I am aware, H&M's roles within the Commonwealth are focussed on youth affairs. It is not the entire "international/Commonwealth" space.
Even with them focused on youth affairs they take a back seat to the Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC)

“The CYC is the officially recognized voice of more than 1.2 billion young people of the Commonwealth. It is the largest and most diverse youth-led organization in the world.”

Read more: Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC)

The Commonwealth is far too vast an organisation for any one or two royals to do everything.

Every member of the BRF is a Commonwealth ambassador
  #96  
Old 10-15-2019, 02:00 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 319
All Royals have been working on Commonwealth Nations in their own capacity. No one role is bigger than the other except for the Head of Commonwealth of Nations.

This organization is a charity related to Youth/ young people. Looking at a pull of working royals, there are only 4 that can be considered Young (Harry, William + Wives)

William need to focus on taking full responsibilities of heir to the throne. The trip to Israel and now Pakistan proves that, not to mention Duchy of Cornwall activities. I can't see the Queen sending Prince Harry to Israel or even Pakistan.

William will likely become head of commonwealth one day - so he and his wife are not the right fit to head a charity organization that narrow the focus on one set of population. That leaves Harry + wife.

I think the name of organization make it appear more important than what it actually is. My view off course. I welcome all head hunters to chew my head now :)
  #97  
Old 12-28-2019, 05:30 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,353
SussexRoyal have trademarked a great many number of things ahead of the launch next year including printed matter, books, promotional material, sock, scarves, trousers and even bandanas. The trademarks were filed back in June 19.

https://twitter.com/rjmyers/status/1...738249216?s=20
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #98  
Old 12-28-2019, 11:40 AM
Claire's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,472
Confused - hoping this has been done to prevent others from selling stuff under their name rather then them selling stuff themselves. Maybe I wish too much.


https://news.sky.com/story/duke-and-...royal-11896586
  #99  
Old 12-28-2019, 12:36 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 8,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Confused - hoping this has been done to prevent others from selling stuff under their name rather then them selling stuff themselves. Maybe I wish too much.


https://news.sky.com/story/duke-and-...royal-11896586
a strange move indeed, as i doubt many other royals trademarked their brands. in fact, i don't think the cambridges, the POW&DOC, etc have a brand as such. they just operate under their titles or the name of the 'operational HQ' they belong to (kensington palace, clarence house, etc). i wonder what their motivation is. maybe they plan to use the money they get from these sales to feed money to their charities and hence want to protect it?
__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nationís largest and most effective animal protection organization.
https://www.humanesociety.org
  #100  
Old 12-28-2019, 12:49 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
a strange move indeed, as i doubt many other royals trademarked their brands. in fact, i don't think the cambridges, the POW&DOC, etc have a brand as such. they just operate under their titles or the name of the 'operational HQ' they belong to (kensington palace, clarence house, etc). i wonder what their motivation is. maybe they plan to use the money they get from these sales to feed money to their charities and hence want to protect it?
This isn't a strange move, other royal foundations have made similar moves, including the Royal Foundation when it was William/Harry/Catherine. The Sussexes don't have any ulterior motives they are following procedures that other royals have taken.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge JessRulz The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 218 03-25-2021 09:38 AM
The Duke of Cambridge as President of The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust JessRulz The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 228 05-07-2020 10:23 PM
The Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Duke & Duchess of Sussex ghost_night554 British Royals 574 09-07-2019 12:14 AM




Popular Tags
abdication america anastasia archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism biography bridal gown britain british royal family buckingham palace china chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy dna doge of venice doll dubai duke of cambridge duke of sussex elizabeth ii facts family life fantasy movie fashion and style george vi gustaf vi adolf hello! intro italian royal family jack brooksbank japan jewellery king edward vii king willem-alexander książ castle line of succession list of rulers mary: crown princess of denmark nepalese royal jewels plantinum jubilee prince charles of luxembourg prince constantijn prince dimitri princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak queen mathilde queen maxima random facts royal ancestry royal court royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding royal wedding gown serbian royal family solomon j solomon speech suthida taiwan uae customs united states of america wales wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×