Staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Family news for the Sussexes- they have a new nanny with a NDA

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.et...fe-as-a-mom-nannies-new-bling-ndas-126864?amp

Frankly I don't see why other royal family members don't have their staff sign NDAs. There may be the prestige of working in a royal household but from what I hear the pay is not that great. Plenty of incentive to run to the tabloids or strike a book deal. Paul Burrell is airing Diana's laundry long after she has passed. It's probably why the Sussexes don't have staff - they are taking their time vetting potential employees.

VERY unreliable source. Katie Nicholl.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.et...fe-as-a-mom-nannies-new-bling-ndas-126864?amp

Frankly I don't see why other royal family members don't have their staff sign NDAs. There may be the prestige of working in a royal household but from what I hear the pay is not that great. Plenty of incentive to run to the tabloids or strike a book deal. Paul Burrell is airing Diana's laundry long after she has passed. It's probably why the Sussexes don't have staff - they are taking their time vetting potential employees.
I seem to recall that since the whole "Crawfie" episode in the 50s that staff DO sign NDAs. As these are only enforcible in the UK (or maybe just in England as Scotland has different rules?) many of those who talk do so to the foreign media and the rest just don't care.

VERY unreliable source. Katie Nicholl.

While its not the best source, there is likely some semblance of truth.

The fact is Archie was not with them at Trooping. And unlike Kate who had her mother close with George, Meghan's mother is back home in the US. Someone was taking care of the baby. And its not like hiring some baby-sitter for the day. Not that many parents would do that with a newborn.

I have a feeling more they have a baby nurse helping them right now, while they settle on a future nanny. Kate didn't need one, before Nanny Webb joined them in September, but Meghan and Harry are in another boat.

Pretty sure NDA are likely in any employee signing packages for years now. Always ways around them.

:previous:

Oh, I don't doubt they have some kind of help one way or another. It's just that her "sources" seems to be more like guesses, and more often than not wrong. So I don't buy the details she offered until I see some more credible reporting. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

I seem to recall that since the whole "Crawfie" episode in the 50s that staff DO sign NDAs. As these are only enforcible in the UK (or maybe just in England as Scotland has different rules?) many of those who talk do so to the foreign media and the rest just don't care.

Pretty sure NDA are likely in any employee signing packages for years now. Always ways around them.

I would expect employee contracts for the Royal Household to have pretty watertight confidentiality obligations.

:previous: My guess would be that if this information is true that at some point the couple would 1. Change the contract to cover the weekend when needed and give the nanny two weekdays off. 2. Hire someone else who can watch the baby. 3. The couple will not always appear together at a weekend event.

We don't know if that's the just the practice right now, or if that's actually in the terms of the contract since we don't know the source.

If it's just what is happening right now, it could very well be because Meghan is on maternity leave, and so the nanny works normal working hours.

They probably starting slow. Meghan still on leave so the nanny doesn't need to be there all the time. She likely still wants to be the primary one handling the baby but she also understands she will eventually need the assistance. Trooping is a prime example and I am sure later in the summer we likely will see Meghan pop up here and there. Eventually those hours will be expanded especially once Meghan is back full time.

I see there are reports that Harry and Meghan intend employing a social media person, which is interesting considering Harrys' previous comments with regards over use of social media. Would be interested in your views.

It seems quite odd after Harry said social media was more addictive than drugs to then go and hire somebody with role of basically trying to get more followers on social media.

I have no issue with them having a social media person at all, but the two events contract each other massively and it seems somewhat hypocritical, its certainly not very clever IMO

That report comes straight from the Fail and their columnist Richard Eden. I think I'll wait for a more credible source before believing it.

Actually, Sara Latham has already been hired by the Sussexes (in May.) She is supposedly beginning her position now and some of the job description was dealing with social media.

I don’t see the issue. Harry warns that social media can be problematic and addictive. Is he lying? He criticized games like Fortnite and then experts came out and agreed with his comments. It’s all about moderation. He has made that clear over and over again.

This reminds me of people who tried to call William a hypocrite for wanting to protect wildlife while showing pictures of him hunting. Or The Queen expressing concerned for people’s welfare while sitting in her castle in front a gold piano. It’s like let’s not try to reach so hard over the obvious.

The royals are extremely public people. They are ALL represented on social media. It is wise for them to have someone oversee it. Not sure how that’s hypocritical. It’s a fairly common job in today’s society.

She is supposedly beginning her position now and some of the job description was dealing with social media.

At this juncture, I presume you are merely speculating on what Sara's job description could possibly cover.

It seems quite odd after Harry said social media was more addictive than drugs to then go and hire somebody with role of basically trying to get more followers on social media.

I have no issue with them having a social media person at all, but the two events contract each other massively and it seems somewhat hypocritical, its certainly not very clever IMO

That’s actually an inaccurate description of what a social media coordinator does. It’s a communication strategy rather than “basically trying to get more followers”.

Harry’s comment was completely taken out of context. If you read his full remarks, he did acknowledge the benefits of social media, but took issue with the lack of restrictions and emphasized on the importance of maintaining human interactions.

Last edited:
I had read the nanny will not be needed for mornings or weekends. I assumed that for now they would handle things during those times...they may have it worked where they both cover baby duty when the other is working (after she goes back to work) and use a nanny to fill in the gaps.

LaRae

But what about engagements where both of them are required to be there on a Saturday (or Sunday) such as the recent Trooping? They will have to have someone else in addition to the weekday nanny.

One thing I can be sure of is that they'll do what is best for the family. One scenario I don't think we'll ever have to worry about is having a Home Alone sequel stemming from lack of child care.

With Meghan still on maternity leave, there's no real rush to find a permanent nanny on staff quite yet.

But what about engagements where both of them are required to be there on a Saturday (or Sunday) such as the recent Trooping? They will have to have someone else in addition to the weekday nanny.

Who knows what the agreement says, it's possible that the nanny won't work weekends regularly but will be available on special occasions, especially while Meghan is still on maternity leave. The schedule will most likely change when she returns to work.

I'm sure if needed the nanny could have worked the Saturday for Trooping and had another day off in the week in lieu.

Because the DM is so accurate and trustworthy?

LaRae

Because the DM is so accurate and trustworthy?

LaRae

Broadly I agree although this particular story is from The Sun.

Much of the ‘news’ about the royals is speculation and anonymous sources. It goes for everyone.

Much of the ‘news’ about the royals is speculation and anonymous sources. It goes for everyone.

No what you posted was from DM :ermm:

The link shows daily mail which is why I thought it was from them. As far as everyone..I've generally objected to DM stories in other members of the family's threads.

LaRae

Except this "story" first appeared in the Sun by Dan Woottoon. Who doesn't name sources or give any information to back up his claims.

Dan Wootton also said that Meghan messaged Max George in an attempt to meet him. Max George denied that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom