Staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because The Sun is so accurate and reliable? :lol:

Of late, I have found that an article can/will appear in The Sun and/or Daily Mirror and usually within a day or so, has made it way to the Daily Mail. Nothing to back up any claims...just the usual "reliable source."

First they said that Doria would come and live with them to help them with the baby (despite the fact that she has a personal and professional life in CA), than they said they wouldn't get a nanny, than it was a manny, and than it was she was going to do it by herself (despite the fact that she will need someone to watch the baby while doing royal engagements).

But I wonder...if Meghan and Harry are out and about today, who is watching Archie?

Of late, I have found that an article can/will appear in The Sun and/or Daily Mirror and usually within a day or so, has made it way to the Daily Mail. Nothing to back up any claims...just the usual "reliable source."

First they said that Doria would come and live with them to help them with the baby (despite the fact that she has a personal and professional life in CA), than they said they wouldn't get a nanny, than it was a manny, and than it was she was going to do it by herself (despite the fact that she will need someone to watch the baby while doing royal engagements).

But I wonder...if Meghan and Harry are out and about today, who is watching Archie?

Their dogs are watching Archie.

Because The Sun is so accurate and reliable? :lol:

I agree. It’s up to individuals to decide what is accurate and what isn’t.

Most royal stories are attributed to anonymous sources. There in lies the problem.

I actually don’t see this story as that much of a negative. Apparently the couple is doing their due diligence.

The frogs at Frogmore. Now we know why they REALLY moved to Frogmore! Free childcare! :lol:

Ok, I’m done. :lol:

Let's move one from discussing whether the DM, is or isn't a reliable.

Well, I imagine our first sighting of the new nanny might be at the Christening.

Although to be honest, I don't recall see Maria at George's but I definitely remember seeing her at Louis and Charlotte's.

Maria wasn't hired until after George's Christening - she came in when they went to Australia.

The Sussexes have not announced if they have a nanny & if they do have one, whether it is a Norland nanny or not.

The same article about the nannies also said that 2 staff members were already gone, when those same staff recently appeared at an engagement with Harry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wootton and his lame stories make me laugh. I think it was extra pathetic when his story was declined on TV and he had to run to his twitter and come up with an excuse as to why he got called out.

Anyways they definitely have new staff because I saw a women with them I didn't recognize taking the gifts from Meghan and Harry in the clubhouses. Also Lantham was with them today. They spent significant time at the game so clearly they have hired some childcare.

Maria wasn't hired until after George's Christening - she came in when they went to Australia.

Maria had to have been hired before the christening. I remember seeing her in her Norland uniform at the chapel.

As for Archie’s nanny, we probably won’t see her until the tour.

ETA: That was Charlotte’s christening.

Last edited:
Maria was not at the christening. Up until Maria was spotted for first time on tour, there were all kinds of rumors. She was thought to be much younger and English.

Jessie Webb, his acting nanny did attend. But certainly not Norlands.

Well, I imagine our first sighting of the new nanny might be at the Christening.

Although to be honest, I don't recall see Maria at George's but I definitely remember seeing her at Louis and Charlotte's.

They had Williams's old nanny Nanny Webb when George was christened. She joined them when they returned from Wales until Maria was hired.

Harry and Meghan may have a baby nurse right now while they settle on a permanent nanny.

Last edited:
Wootton and his lame stories make me laugh. I think it was extra pathetic when his story was declined on TV and he had to run to his twitter and come up with an excuse as to why he got called out.

Anyways they definitely have new staff because I saw a women with them I didn't recognize taking the gifts from Meghan and Harry in the clubhouses. Also Lantham was with them today. They spent significant time at the game so clearly they have hired some childcare.

Wow!!! Thanks for the clarification. :D

I think it's most likely that whoever M&H have been using to help with Archie, whether one or more than one person, were/ are probably temporary as they continue to scout for more permanent help.

I'd also read in an article that came out around TTC, that the person looking after Archie was possibly a baby nurse, and not a permanent nanny.

Note: I haven't yet read any of the linked gossip/ reports.

Last edited:
What the heck is a baby nurse? Does that differ from a night time nurse?

Also I would guess new nanny was at BP or KP as I am sure Archie was in London

Last edited:
The discussion about Meghan and Harry's dogs is off-topic and has been deleted.

Maria had to have been hired before the christening. I remember seeing her in her Norland uniform at the chapel.

Not quite. Maria was pictured in the Norland uniform at Charlotte's christening, and she was there primarily to look after George.

At the time of Georges birth it was rumoured ( not announced ) that the Cambridge's would not be using a nanny. The Middleton family would be supporting them, but it turned out be not as straightforward as they thought and soon afterwards William had approached his old nanny to come and help. Nanny Webb agreed to come on a temporary basis which she did until they found a permanent person who turned out to be Maria.
Possibly the Sussex's went through the same experience of thinking they could do much of it themselves then realised it was more complex than they thought.

What we need to remember is that for both couples it is not just the public engagements that they attend, there are often things going on behind the palace walls that require their attention but we do not need to hear about. They cannot just stick baby in to a carry cot and toddle along to a meeting.

At the time of Georges birth it was rumoured ( not announced ) that the Cambridge's would not be using a nanny. The Middleton family would be supporting them, but it turned out be not as straightforward as they thought and soon afterwards William had approached his old nanny to come and help. Nanny Webb agreed to come on a temporary basis which she did until they found a permanent person who turned out to be Maria.
Possibly the Sussex's went through the same experience of thinking they could do much of it themselves then realised it was more complex than they thought.

What we need to remember is that for both couples it is not just the public engagements that they attend, there are often things going on behind the palace walls that require their attention but we do not need to hear about. They cannot just stick baby in to a carry cot and toddle along to a meeting.

The rumours of neither the Cambridge's or the Sussex's wanting nannies are just that: rumours. Lack of full time childcare is just not compatible with royal life. To me, these rumours are no different to the usual rumours one hears about Doria joining the BRF for Christmas lunch, or the Middletons doing so.

The rumours of neither the Cambridge's or the Sussex's wanting nannies are just that: rumours. Lack of full time childcare is just not compatible with royal life. To me, these rumours are no different to the usual rumours one hears about Doria joining the BRF for Christmas lunch, or the Middletons doing so.

You are right, speculation and rumour, when the press do not have the facts they print speculation from a ' source'.
Likewise on these forums , a great deal of which is speculation and guesswork.

The rumours of neither the Cambridge's or the Sussex's wanting nannies are just that: rumours. Lack of full time childcare is just not compatible with royal life.

I thought, this is the point, that Maghan and Harry are just looking for a nanny for the day, while at night they care themself for the little Prince?

"Bunte", the german tabloid has this too:
https://www.bunte.de/royals/britisc...as-dritte-kindermaedchen.html#h=royalsBlock_4

A nanny for the day, which will not live in Frogmore House.

I thought, this is the point, that Maghan and Harry are just looking for a nanny for the day, while at night they care themself for the little Prince?

"Bunte", the german tabloid has this too:
https://www.bunte.de/royals/britisc...as-dritte-kindermaedchen.html#h=royalsBlock_4

A nanny for the day, which will not live in Frogmore House.

It's highly unlikely a nanny royal don't live with them. Even if they were just a day time nanny. Housekeepers and other staff commonly wouldn't, but it's pretty standard fir a nanny to. It's usyally part of the pay. Also living out in Windsor also a matter of convenience.

Personally, I trust them to make the right decisions for themselves and their family and so be it. There's no set rules or precedences they are required to follow and most certainly not breaking news.

Would a nanny be expected to perform anything of educational value like a child would have gotten in a kindergarten or a pre-school or is their role "only" to keep the child clothed, fed and busy during the day?

Would a nanny be expected to perform anything of educational value like a child would have gotten in a kindergarten or a pre-school or is their role "only" to keep the child clothed, fed and busy during the day?

I think royal children today would be expected to go to kindergarten and such like normal children. If anything is taught to the children, it’s nothing that’s required. More like language if the nanny speaks a different language and the child starts to pick up on it. The education aspect would be more of a job requirement for governess, right?

I would say the role has changed within the royal family over the generations, at one time the nanny was a substitute mother basically all day and night. Children were presented at certain times of the day to their parents. There were nannies, nursery assistants etc. In modern times it would appear the parents are more hands on than before, that is why criticism was placed at some royals for not doing enough when in fact they are bringing up their children. To answer your question I think the nanny would be expected to encourage development in their charges.

We have no idea, but my best guess would be it depends very much on what the parents want, and we aren't going to have details about that unless they share them.

Royal children now a days go to preschool and kindergarten. See that with George and Charlotte already.

But nannies don’t jus feed and bathe kids and let them run wild. Since a royal nanny isn’t also cooking and cleaning as some nannies, they’d be more engaged with kids then some. Reading, games and other activities engage them mentally.

We know George and Charlotte are picking up Spanish from Maria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom