Reports that Harry and Chelsy have split up

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About time that relationship seemed like a train wreck. Harry needs to get his priorities straight before he enters into another relationship.

I agree with the second sentence. I never saw their relationship as a train wreck, but I do agree that Harry must mature before he commits to another girlfriend. He is in a bad phase at the moment. Probably shooting hen harriers, we will never know probably the truth about that; but it looks very bad for him. And he is just unstable.... He needs to look hard at himself, at what he wants in life, and desperately needs some reality checking....
He is a prince. The Ministry Defense says the risks of sending him to a war zone (no matter if it is what he needs) are too great to take on. He has to accept it, as uncomfortable as it must be for him. Like skydragon said in another thread (the just Harry current events) he must accept that he is a soldier in the British army and it is not up to him to make the decisions. He is not nor should he be in charge in this matter. If he cannot accept it, it is best for him to quit the army and focus on something else, probably royal engagements and charitable commitments.

I like how certain news places are spinning that he dumped her and vice versa...LOL

we're going to hear lots of that..and wait till the friends start talking and trashing eachother around like in the will & kate scenario ...:D

Seriously, dodo, good point. Also, wait until the "sightings" of them at friends' houses and rumors of reconciliation, and then on tRF, members' outcry because Chelsy Davy threads will be closed and she will be confined like Kate to ex-partners' thread! :lol:

here we go again :bang:....well we can say we pretty much know what's going to happen and i don't know why but i have this feeling that this break-up is not that serious.. i think it's just some time off...it probably won't last as long as will and kate's...my guess

My first reaction is that Chelsey is pulling a Kate ---

I believe Chelsy would take a break from it...I don't think she is as comfortable with the attention as Kate. Plus she has to focus on getting through two more years of an important degree program...

Chelsy has a life unlike Kate a puppet

I can sorta see him going out to clubs with different girls now that they're on a "split" or as they apparently call it "trial seperation" but in my opinion that means nothing nowadays I think if it doesn't work out with him and Chelsy (which that decision will probably come in a few months) he'll wait a while before having another serious relationship.

Not to go all psychological on you guys, but I kind of get the feeling that both William and Harry have been traumatized on what happened to their parents and they seemingly don't want to make the same mistake. Explains (in a sense) why they have broken up with Kate and Chelsy - whom would most probably make good life-long partners.

Yes, a break up is painful but I actually think it could be good for Harry. He needs to mature some and realize what he truly wants in a life partner. I kind of find some of these long term relationships that these young royals have been in to be a little abnormal. But I suppose for them there is extra pressure to stay in a relationship to avoid the headlines. I suppose they don't want too many exes out there.

I am actually not surprised that they "broke" up. More surprised about William and Kate than Harry and Chelsy.

Chelsy is probably a nice girl..and appears to be quite bright. But she isn't Princess Material. She dresses like any girl on the street (and while that is appropriate for her age) its not appropriate for who she is dating. I am not saying she needs to dress like old woman...but come on! And if she can't handle the press now...if she married Harry..it was only goign to get worse. If they don't get back together...she will always be his Koo Stark. Totally inappropriate as a life partner...but a good life friend.

Wow! Just heard the news on TV! I couldn't believe it! At the beginning, I wasn't fond of Chelsy, but as time went on, she grew on me. Nevertheless, Harry needs someone else to help keep him in line. LOL I wish Harry and Chelsy the best in the future.

I think she did what she suppose to do! They need time out to know if they really love each other! She has studys to do and he has his military carrer maybe then they can get along mucht better and see that they really love eachi other, I think Chelsy made a very important part of his life during a difficult time!

It seems like being a Princess is not the only thing she ever wanted to do so...good for her for trying to be her own person! I mean how many relationships that people have in their early 20's are ever expected to go to marriage in normal circumstances?

I think I understand what you mean, zembla, but "normal" circumstances are hard to define. How many people honestly regard their personal circumstances as "normal"? Don't many of us feel a bit freakish compared to what we think things are "supposed to be"? Societies have a way of imposing these ideas of how it should be: College at 18, either grad school or marriage, office slave or soccer mom by 30.... For many, life doesn't go along in this neat little timeline and it takes a lot of work to recover from the false sense of having failed society's expectations.

It makes me think of Sex and the City, such a brilliant show. I still enjoy catching it from time to time on TBS. The well-to-do working Manhattan women who are in the 30s and trying to meet society's expectation of "having a man", ring, the whole package. Especially Charlotte, so desperate to make things be the "right" way, like in books, the "picture perfect" life.

Now as I think about this, I must agree that it is probably very, very good for Chelsy to remove the added pressure of being a royal girlfriend. Who needs it? Just go to school, girl, and focus on your studies, and be brilliant. There is time for everything else. Pace it, savor it, enjoy it. :flowers:

I think I understand what you mean, zembla, but "normal" circumstances are hard to define. How many people honestly regard their personal circumstances as "normal"? Don't many of us feel a bit freakish compared to what we think things are "supposed to be"? Societies have a way of imposing these ideas of how it should be: College at 18, either grad school or marriage, office slave or soccer mom by 30.... For many, life doesn't go along in this neat little timeline and it takes a lot of work to recover from the false sense of having failed society's expectations.

I mean I just think it's very abnormal to date someone and constantly have the pressure of marriage hanging over your head. Which is what royal girlfriends always have...they can't even breathe in their relationships without having to worry about how serious they are...nothing can progress naturally.

Even on here there are plenty of threads about when certain royals will marry and some of them are very early 20's...

Good for Chelsy,Harry comes across as a bit of an idiot.

ABC News: Royal Break: Prince Harry Back on Market?

More of the same from ABC News this time
I think they are both too young to have a "serious" relationship--committed to each other while in a relationship okay but decide now for the rest of their life? Not yet. Yes, my parents' generation were often married by 21 but I know I wasn't ready that early. I wasn't even ready by 31! Each person needs to decide when they are ready and if this is the correct person for them. Harry will settle down when the time comes for him.

having thrown another look on the articles i'm starting to think that all this break-up thing is a bit blown out of proportions(no wonder). Most of the 'friends' say it's not a permanent thing that it's just some time off, that they still love eachother very much and that only time will tell what's going to happen, things that hadn't been said during the other break-up. Then some say that they'll go on holiday together some say they won't.I just the think the media made it sound more serious than it actually is... judging the william break-up scenario and considering that this couple actually seem in love i think..we'll see them back together pretty soon(not claiming to see them engaged soon...they're too young for that)...

Last edited:
Oh God the media is being also miserable by publishing this picture... hehe

Indeed Susan Alicia, I find her a little bit chubbier since I saw her, for instance, at the Diana memorial concert...

Honestly, I don't see the weight gain you guys are seeing.... but that doesn't mean anything. Anyway, she does look miserable about the continued paparazzi attentions. I bet that's the only thing bugging her in those pics. She looks like she wants to show the middle finger to the photographers, doesn't she? :D

Hes Better for this Happening as is she Now The House of Windsor should Regroup and Fortify itself Harry should be sent overseas ASAP. I Suggest Pakistan or Darfur (he could extend his Charity work).

I think she'll end up back in Africa...sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom