Prince Harry: Visit to the United States - May 9-15, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ladies! Britain's most eligible bachelor Prince Harry arrives in the U.S. for week-long tour:
Hello ladies! Britain's most eligible bachelor Prince Harry arrives in the U.S. for week-long tour | Mail Online

Oh, Dman, on the live stream there were plenty of groupies beyond the Prince and also above on the balcony. Short skirts, long necklaces and plunging neckilines seemed to be the preferred uniform of the day. Everyone was hoping for their The Princess and the Showgirl" moment, I am sure. :lol:

I'd love to get the ladies attention the way Harry gets it. I don't know how he keep a straight face when they are calling out his name.

RE_DailyMail Rebecca English 6m
Guess who has turned up at the White House! pic.twitter.com/4cnjLuhZkf

Last edited:
I really hope that somewhere in amongst the trivia pouring out of US and Daily Mail reports, someone remembers and writes about the causes that brought him to the US.

I like Harry's blue suit sooooooooo much more than his brother's blue suit.
;)

Harry is doing something with Diana's Halo landmine campaign tonight

I watched a bit of the livestream on Reuter's while Harry was at the HALO showing. From what I've read, he's been trying to get active in working with HALO for a while and finally for their 25th anniversary, he's become patron. I would imagine that carrying on a cause that was dear to his mother keeps her memory even closer to him. :flowers:

I have to add too that I was quite impressed seeing John McCain himself accompanying Harry after his wife, Cindy, had to cancel due to medical reasons. That's what I call a class act.

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 30m
Sen McCain: "Frankly, I found him to be a very attractive young man ... I was very impressed"

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 30m
Sen McCain: "Frankly, I found him to be a very attractive young man ... I was very impressed"

LOL. Was Sen McCain doing even less than saying, "He had some interesting things to say?" :whistling: Was he impressed with Harry's height, his hair, his posture, his smile? People on Capital Hill have a practiced way of slamming others while sounding nice.
Some of them (on Capital Hill) are thieves and liars and almost all of them are petty. It is kinda like reading the DM :lol:. God bless America, eh? Still, I love my country and have been known to read our Constitution and it's amendments. For fun I listen to Supreme Court oral arguments. At bedtime. ;) At least I care about the goings on.

Sorry to all for the rant. It could very well be that the Senator was taken out of context in this quote. I hope so, because if not we all know what he intended by it. :ermm:

I think the articles are doing a good job of highlighting why Harry is there and also providing a bit of fluff. I suppose they can print Harry doing his best impression of his mum's 'doe eye' look for the cameras

There was quite a bit of resemblance to family members in Harry while he was in D.C. Walking with his hands clasped behind his back reminded me of his grandfather Philip and a lot of the times with his facial expressions, you could swear you were looking at Charles. I really don't see too much Diana though in Harry.

Harry is doing something with Diana's Halo landmine campaign tonight
this is so so emotional!!!! I say this every day in my life, diana's memory keep alive in william and harry! :flowers:

There was quite a bit of resemblance to family members in Harry while he was in D.C. Walking with his hands clasped behind his back reminded me of his grandfather Philip and a lot of the times with his facial expressions, you could swear you were looking at Charles. I really don't see too much Diana though in Harry.

he walk excatly like phillip!!! and yes, we can see a lot of charles in him, he don't look very much like diana but we can see ''things'' of his mum in him.
he is doing a great work, not only in the army in the charity work too

I agree Osipi - he is most like his dad, except his smile. That, I think is a combo of gran and his mum.

Harry has gone on to meet w/The First Lady of the US (FLOTUS as we call her) and military wives with their children. It is an annual Mother's day event. FLOTUS and the Vice President's wife, Dr. Jill Biden have had a focus on military families throughout the administration. You cannot be focused going off to active duty unless someone is keeping the home fires burning - and FLOTUS and Dr. Biden have focused on the service that military families give freely.

That's the long way of saying we have more pics of Harry with the children of the military Mothers. Yay.

Prince Harry Talks To Young Children During An Event Hosted

Lately I have notice the Resemblance with Harry and Charles! I see more of Charles and Philip in Harry and more of Diana in William.

Are there any videos online of Harry w/the kids at that Tea Party? I saw a quick fifteen seconds of it on the 6pm newscast and...*melts* He is just so wonderful w/kids and it was hard to tell who was having more fun during the visit. :D

Thanks in advance!!

Are there any videos online of Harry w/the kids at that Tea Party? I saw a quick fifteen seconds of it on the 6pm newscast and...*melts* He is just so wonderful w/kids and it was hard to tell who was having more fun during the visit. :D

Thanks in advance!!

Here is a video with the children Forhåndsvisning | Scanpix

Here is a video with the children Forhåndsvisning | Scanpix

Harry is such a natural with children. In a lot of the video he's down at their level in order to interact with them and really seems to be enjoying being where he is. This really is a man with his mother's charisma and likeability.

Just pass the throne to him. He's such a charmer and a natural

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3m
#royal I'm told Prince #Harry will leave personal handwritten messages at Tomb of Unknown Soldier and # Section60

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 1h
Significant for US that Pr Harry visiting section 60 at Arlington. Called 'saddest acre in America' - newest graves

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 9m
At Arlington National Cemetery Virginia for Prince Harry's visit.A moment of solemnity after hysteria of his arrival pic.twitter.com/G9d0zzmbGq

Last edited:
James Birtles ‏@SkyNewsEd 11m
#prince Harry Harry will be greeted by Major Ed Hill from the Royal Welsh. Assistant to defence attaché in Washington

James Birtles ‏@SkyNewsEd 8m
#princeharry Section 60 Arlington pic.twitter.com/fAo3KvIbLt

BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt 9m
Prince Harry has arrived at Washington's Arlington National Cemetery. The message on one of his wreaths: pic.twitter.com/yu7FodgLK3

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison 1m
#royal Prince #Harry salutes fallen US servicemen and women at Arlington National Cemetery pic.twitter.com/jLnNftHlCH

C-Span is behind in providing the Live feed on Harry's Wreath Laying Ceremony but I think they will put up a video of the ceremony.

Last edited:
I love this kid! Don't care if he did have too much fun in Vegas. The trip to Arlington, the wreath, the uniform! FREAKING FANTASTIC! And as a wife of a serviceman, I was so touched. GREAT visit so far.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 4m
Prince Harry arrives at the Tomb of the Unknown soldier at Arlington pic.twitter.com/fUXV1fIpGD

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 14m
Prince Harry's laid a wreath at the graves of JFK to mark the 50 years since his killing, and a soldier killed in Afghanistan in 2010.

Very moving and touching indeed. Very happy to see Prince Harry pay tribute to the US war dead and to the late President Kennedy.

'My mother would be proud' Prince Harry talks of Diana in speech to rid world of landmines:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...-of-Diana-in-speech-to-rid-world-of-landmines

Video:
HRH Prince Henry of Wales Wreath Laying Ceremony
At Arlington National Cemetery: Tomb of The Unknown Warrior-
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/PrinceH

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom