Prince Harry: Visit to New Zealand - May 9-16, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As enjoyable as these pictures are, I can see why life is so difficult for a Number 2, touring the world like a zoo animal without substance, even worse in a miliary uniform, I feel sorry for Harry that he can't be or do what he would be really good at, a soldier like all the other normal guys. He'll never be a normal guy, yet he doesnt have a purpose.

I might be mistaken but I think even "normal" guys in the armed services get to a point where they no longer go into active combat. They go up through the ranks and pursue other paths such as strategy and command, teaching, and all those other things the higher up muckety mucks do. Although I think Harry would have been great at whatever he wanted to accomplish in the military, he realized himself that it was time to change courses and, like his father and his brother, forge his own path as a senior royal. Actually I think this will end up being an exciting time for Harry. He obviously thoroughly enjoys himself when he's out and about with people (there are just some things than can't be faked and Harry's facial expressions totally give him away) and I think he's got a lot of purpose to his life. Its just a matter of finding out exactly where he wants to focus his energies on the most. Africa is near and dear to his heart and I think his heart lies in his Sentebale in Lesotho. The welfare of his wounded comrades takes up another big chunk of his heart and that's one I've really admired him for. As he settles into finding out just what exactly he wants to focus on, there will be a better chance for him to fall in love and settle down and start his own family.

So, actually I see Harry as having the world as his oyster right now and just about anything is possible and our Harry gives 150% to whatever it is he's involved with. That's definitely going to work in his favor.

I might be mistaken but I think even "normal" guys in the armed services get to a point where they no longer go into active combat. They go up through the ranks and pursue other paths such as strategy and command, teaching, and all those other things the higher up muckety mucks do. Although I think Harry would have been great at whatever he wanted to accomplish in the military, he realized himself that it was time to change courses and, like his father and his brother, forge his own path as a senior royal. Actually I think this will end up being an exciting time for Harry. He obviously thoroughly enjoys himself when he's out and about with people (there are just some things than can't be faked and Harry's facial expressions totally give him away) and I think he's got a lot of purpose to his life. Its just a matter of finding out exactly where he wants to focus his energies on the most. Africa is near and dear to his heart and I think his heart lies in his Sentebale in Lesotho. The welfare of his wounded comrades takes up another big chunk of his heart and that's one I've really admired him for. As he settles into finding out just what exactly he wants to focus on, there will be a better chance for him to fall in love and settle down and start his own family.

So, actually I see Harry as having the world as his oyster right now and just about anything is possible and our Harry gives 150% to whatever it is he's involved with. That's definitely going to work in his favor.

I saw his interview with Sky News and that pretty much what he said. He'd end up at a desk job and he doesn't want one.

I found this full-length video. I am impressed he learned how to do the Haka so quickly (or did he know how do to it ahead of time).

The newspaper and TV reports I've seen Duchess of Durham, say he had about fifteen minutes in the gymnasium to learn it from scratch. Then the media were let back in to watch.

The Prince said he did it about ten or so times, and only got it completely right once.

Rob Jobson said on today's canoe trip that Harry practiced his Maori speech the whole way, he was so intent on getting the pronunciation correct.

The newspaper and TV reports I've seen Duchess of Durham, say he had about fifteen minutes in the gymnasium to learn it from scratch. Then the media were let back in to watch.

The Prince said he did it about ten or so times, and only got it completely right once.

Rob Jobson said on today's canoe trip that Harry practiced his Maori speech the whole way, he was so intent on getting the pronunciation correct.

Wow! 15 minutes, that is very impressive. I could tell he wasn't saying the words, but still, I'm sure it meant a lot to the Maori that he tried to assimilate to their culture. Yeah, Diana would have been so proud of him today with the Haka and giving his speech in Maori.

After being spotted by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the Lindo Wing steps - and getting a personal wave - Royal photographer Arthur Edwards has ended up with Prince Harry's paint hand-print on his forehead in New Zealand!

I think they must like him.

What a wonderful tour very successful both in NZ and in his time in Australia. He's won many hearts we loved him before but I think we love him even more now. My brother said " he's really something that young Harry "

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yes, his enthusiasm, sense of fun and readiness to try everything suggested have really won people over. I think his father and grandmother will be very pleased.

..purple hand print on photographer's balding forehead. That's amusing. Maybe it'll help the photographer have a lighter sense of humor, I doubt it however because he looked mixed about it, like it enraged and humiliated him at the same time, but like he liked it. Peculiar looking old man with a bit of purple paint on his head. That might of increased his stroke risk by quite a few statistical points. I am not sure how funny it was, amusing none the less. I wake up, reflect on how difficult my whole life has been just out of the blue today, blow it off like it's nothing, get online, read the news and the article pops up, reminding me, sometimes the lighter side of things can be a darker shade perhaps only art can express. Perhaps I should express appreciation, however like most things I suppose it is more of a benefit to keep it to ones self. ;) Or perhaps not.

Last edited:
Relatively little coverage in the UK. Most newspaper didn't send anyone to cover the visit and Harry's only front page was in relation to him wanting to 'settle down' and have children.

New Zealanders seemed to enjoy it from what I can gather though so that's the most important thing.

Successful tour indeed! Frankly, I don't remind a tour that Harry did that wasn't successful...

That's nice. Were there cookies and milk after that or something?

He did a good job with the Haka.

LaRae

I'd rather watch a confucian, taoist or a buddhist monk. He did alright, he got his point across. He did have that kind of subtle flow like a monk, just enough that it briefly catches my attention. I am real picky like that though. I am glad I am happily wed.

Relatively little coverage in the UK. Most newspaper didn't send anyone to cover the visit and Harry's only front page was in relation to him wanting to 'settle down' and have children.

New Zealanders seemed to enjoy it from what I can gather though so that's the most important thing.

Oh here we got the story on him and the photographer. This is the first I am reading on the military exercise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the photographer is Arthur Edwards who is a photographer for the Sun and focuses on the British Royal Family. There are a lot of photographers and journalists out there but Edwards is one that has earned the respect of the BRF. He was outside of the Lindo Wing when Charlotte was born and IIRC, Kate even said "Oh look! There's Arthur" and waved.

One thing I've realized about Harry over the years is that he doesn't just get involved in what he's doing, he really jumps into it full steam ahead and really enjoys what he's doing. He's just got that charismatic, easy going nature that draw people to him. Not many would demonstrate an involvement as our Harry does. Example being not only supporting Walking With the Wounded but also joining them in endeavors to reach both the North and South poles and showing the world just how amazing these wounded people really are.

As time passes, I think he's going to be a very important and well received ambassador for the UK representing his grandmother, his father and then eventually his brother.

There are some pretty amazing photos of Prince Harry in action during his five-aside soccer game - he looks like a pro.

And he scored the winning goal just as the match ended.

And Australian TV has just screened a series of photos of Prince Harry helping to wrangle a 3.1metre crocodile that needed re-locating while he was in the Northern Territory a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
It was a beautiful tour and Harry pulls a great deal of media attraction. The media attraction will become even greater when Harry settles down and gain a fiancee/wife. He will then not only have someone to share the burden of the job, but the media will go crazy for her too.

Was this a tour or a military exercise? I read that it was supposed to be a month long attachment to a military unit but that seems odd since he has decided to leave the military. What would the point be of participating in a special military exercise at the end of his career? Based on his various visits, it seems like it was just another tour.

Australia was a military secondment where he spent a week or so with three different units in the Australian army.

NZ was a regular royal tour doing royal touring type stuff.

..purple hand print on photographer's balding forehead. That's amusing. Maybe it'll help the photographer have a lighter sense of humor, I doubt it however because he looked mixed about it, like it enraged and humiliated him at the same time, but like he liked it. Peculiar looking old man with a bit of purple paint on his head. That might of increased his stroke risk by quite a few statistical points. I am not sure how funny it was, amusing none the less.

I thought it was very juvenile and not a bit funny!
Imagine if someone had done that to Harry; that person would probably be arrested!

I never like so-called pranks against people who for some reason are unable to retaliate.

I thought it was very juvenile and not a bit funny!
Imagine if someone had done that to Harry; that person would probably be arrested!

I never like so-called pranks against people who for some reason are unable to retaliate.

I think it was done only because there existed a level of knowing each other and perhaps even a friendly rapport that assured this prank would be taken all in good fun.

I think it was done only because there existed a level of knowing each other and perhaps even a friendly rapport that assured this prank would be taken all in good fun.

Did that photographer look like he thought it was good fun?
He looked ready to explode, imo.

It was fun it showed how close they are. Nobody looked upset

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Prince Harry's nine days in New Zealand cost Kiwi taxpayers $426,317 - more than three times what it cost Australians to put up "the people's prince" for a month's army exchange.

The Department of Internal Affairs confirmed the six-figure bill for the May trip in a response to an Official Information Act request.

The Prince's Kiwi spend averaged more than $47,000 a day - and it isn't the end of our royal expenditure as Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall are due in November.
Read more: Nine days of Harry cost Kiwis more than $400k - Life & Style - NZ Herald News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom