Prince Harry: Visit to New York, USA - June 25-27, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I was really surprised that he went all the way to New York and went to a Mets game, not a Yankees one. That's like coming to Chicago and seeing the White Sox... even if they have a better record than the Cubs.

^It was British Military Day at Mets. I think that was planned before Harry planned on being in NYC. Since he was in the city, he was invited to throw the first pitch.

Yeah, it was a great thing for him however, it would have been better if it were a Yankee game.

There are the World Champions & Everyone knows the New York Yankees heck Americans are called Yanks by everyone. Too bad the Yankees were away last week.

I will say that he did throw his pitch alot better than the Mets Pitchers that day. The mets got bombed by the visiting team. Maybe, harry should have pitched that game.:lol:

Everyone knows the Mets, too. They're hardly an unknown team.

I think he did a great job with the pitch, especially since baseball isn't his sport.

The Yankees weren't even in town (although if I ever saw a picture of Harry and Derek Jeter side by side I'd die happy) but also I think the Mets owner is founder of a charity for wounded soldiers.

Harry was on PR business, but having fun with it. No matter which team he pitched for.

I wish that there had been more TV coverage of his visit, just a news blurb here. Mot much at all.

I agree this was a big event, and even in the UK it wasn't really covered that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom