Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA..they are going to follow what has worked for W&K and avoid some of their mistakes (some of which were no fault of theirs)...hard line in the sand.

While it's cool to see pics of them I applaud them for being able to fly below radar and avoid the media and the public...and the public should be applauded for leaving them alone when they do venture out.

I do think it would be awesome for them to pop up at some event that couples aren't supposed to attend until there's an engagement ...just to blow everyone's mind....but they are probably more disciplined than I would be lol

As far as Meghan needing to go out with Harry to get familiar with how it will be...I think she's already got a really good idea for that.

Should they get engaged we'll see more of them as they start doing a few things together.

LaRae

I'm glad Prince Harry and Meghan have had a year to get to really know each other in private, but i feel now it's time they start going to some places where there might be a bit of publicity, such as Wimbledon or whatever, so that Meghan can see what it might be like should they take their relationship to the next level. Because that will always be part of Prince Harry's life.

Meghan seems like a very nice young woman and I do like her way of dressing. Should there be a marriage, it will be interesting to compare her style to Kate's. And as an offside, I really do like Kate's shorter hair.

I think she and Kate will have similar styles in some things...it will be interesting to see how it goes. I've seen a couple dresses/outfits already that remind me of something Kate has worn.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I like them being low key, being able to go on dates etc without getting pictured. I believe those train sightings, because they were just so random, who'd make up 'I saw prince Harry and Meghan in a train' stories. I like, that not everyone whips their phones out to take pictures, and Meghan and Harry can go on without being bothered.

I also think that once suits is done filming this season, they'll be seen more at some events.

I don't know about anyone else yet I am tried of waiting for something to happen with this couple. They are so good at playing hide and seek and no one can find them and it puts not just the media in a tizzy but all royals watchers over the world I bet, so come on Harry and Meghan, what is up and when are you going to announce *something*, *anything* so that we can all move on to the next step...........hopefully a wedding. Yeaaaaaaaa:lol:

I believe that should Harry and Meghan become engaged, the first thing they will do is firmly establish the parameters of what is public and what is private hopefully not the same way the William and Catherine tried.

I am not sure how many of you recall that Catherine had a wonderful hairdresser whose "station" was in the window of the Salon. Logic dictated the last thing that the media should have seen was the Salon door closing behind her. Instead, they wasted a lot of time complaining about the media harassing Catherine.

Meghan has a realistic appreciation of where those lines are and Harry has learnt from his brother's mistakes. She also knows that as a "public" person you have to throw the press the occasional bone. Even the photos of them holding hands can be considered "bones" and their embrace at the Polo was "gold". It "cost" them nothing but the returns in favourable press opinion means they are more likely to try for a shot in expectation of getting it rather than going on the offensive and hiding in bushes.

I don't know about anyone else yet I am tried of waiting for something to happen with this couple. They are so good at playing hide and seek and no one can find them and it puts not just the media in a tizzy but all royals watchers over the world I bet, so come on Harry and Meghan, what is up and when are you going to announce *something*, *anything* so that we can all move on to the next step...........hopefully a wedding. Yeaaaaaaaa:lol:

It'll happen in their own sweet time at their own sweet pace. They owe us nothing when it comes to their personal lives but eventually, should they become engaged and married, they will have public engagements and royal roles to fulfill and we'll see plenty of them then.

We just have to be patient. Doesn't come naturally to me one bit but I can understand their desire to keep their private life private. :D

I wouldn't be too awfully surprised to see an announcement by the end of the year.

Get you a calendar ...start making X's :D

LaRae

I could see the top or the bottom pics (or a variation of them) being worn.

LaRae

I don't think we're set to be picking out wedding gowns just yet. That'll be something that we can do in the fashion threads perhaps once an engagement is announced. We'll go nuts then picking out everything from flowers to gowns to the wedding party. :D

She doesn't have a fashion thread yet....or we'd probably be seeing tons of pics of her in various outfits already!

LaRae

I wouldn't be too awfully surprised to see an announcement by the end of the year.

Get you a calendar ...start making X's :D

LaRae

Ah, from your lips to their ears and hopefully that whisper will hear, so I got my calendar ready, got yours, we can make x's off each day so I am pinning for the 12 of Dec as a date of engagement.....why, don't know, sounds like a good date to get engaged to me.

If he doesn't want to do a winter engagement (Williams was in Oct) he could do a early Spring announcement....fall/winter 2018 wedding....<G>

LaRae

Honestly earliest would be December. Filming of the current season will end in November. It's highly unlikely they'd announce an engagement while she is still filming. Once engagement is announced, she will be expected in London for the run up to the big day. Besides would make working impossible. I see her moving in November and waiting till early spring to announce. Give them a few months of full time living together and her used to his family.

I could see the wedding itself sometime after her last show airs.

I wouldn't totally rule out veil, not uncommon in second marriages. Especially if she has a tiara on. I think her dress will be quite different then Kate. Far more modern and stream line.

Of the wedding dress pictures I'd say the middle ones most likely. The top is too old fashioned. Bottom looks a bit cheap and plain for a big church wedding. Tshirt dress.

Last edited:
There are so many negatives to dating Harry even before any press, that I don't think the possibility of negative press is the most pressing issue... The 24/7 security, never being able to be alone. The inability to speak of your own real opinions in public. The endless scrutiny...

Not the least of which I would think is probably an inability to maintain intimate friendships as openly as she used to, e.g., with Serena Williams, and with Misha Nonoo (the designer) and Markus Anderson (a top honcho at Soho House, with whom Meghan apparently has shared a symbiotic brother-sister relationship, as evidenced by posts and pictures on her Instagram).

[Lainey] doesn't seem to know much more than the rest of the world.

Regarding Lainey Gossip's latest, at least she tempers outlandish observations. She was one of the first to report that M&H were dating. For all we know Lainey, E-news, and some of the other less tabloidy media have similar insider sources.

What I enjoy on Lainey's site are those additional pictures of Harry at the June 29 Australia House 'Young Leaders Awards' event. I wasn't aware that Queen Elizabeth had attended with Prince Harry. Click on the photos at the end of Lainey's blurb for a close up view of the gallery. :)
http://www.laineygossip.com/prince-...-meghan-markle-princess-dianas-birthday/47361

I like this observation by Lainey: "[Queen Elizabeth] seems pretty pleased with [Harry]. Another very good sign." Granted, we're all grasping at straws. :lol:

Truly [Lainey] knows what movie they watched etc what a load of made up BS

The reference to the movie, Moana, had previously been mentioned in an E-news article. So, as I surmised earlier, they may have similar sources, or else Lainey is copping her info from E-news. :p BTW, it's very possible that an insider source was given the go-ahead to mention to E-news the name of a movie M&H viewed while holed-up together enjoying down time. :flowers:

... I think she and Kate will have similar styles in some things...it will be interesting to see how it goes. I've seen a couple dresses/outfits already that remind me of something Kate has worn.

Meghan's and Kate's similarity in wardrobe style and in looks has been documented many times, right along with references to Meghan 'resembling Pippa,' and being 'the long-lost Middleton sister.' ;)

Here's a sample of that type of coverage, from a Hello magazine photo gallery:
Meghan Markle and Kate?s similar style - HELLO! US
That number 7 picture of the two wearing the same Diane von Furstenberg dress (only in different colors and lengths) is amazing. That's a gorgeous dress worn by two lovely ladies. I'd like it in both shades, but preferrably for me, more of a mid-length version rather than mini or floor length. :kiss:

Here's an Elle.com 7-picture gallery of Meghan/Pippa uncanny similar looks:
http://www.elleuk.com/life-and-cult...rkle-pippa-middleton-prince-harry-lookalike/?

Last edited:
:previous: Is Meghan tired after the flight, or simply getting tired of the unrelenting pap attention? Or both? Any human being would get tired of flashbulbs going off every time they show their face in public! But perhaps she found some time to memorize her lines for Suits filming.

Last edited:
I'd say she's just ignoring the media...she's done the head down before with them.

LaRae

^^ Yes, Meghan has done the head down a lot, but usually with a bland expression. She seems to be frowning in a more annoyed or frustrated way. But that could have been momentary feelings. She's usually an upbeat person. But she's been criticized on several occasions for smiling and looking happy in pap pics too. :closedeye

Hmmm, this suggests that M&H met last May at a charity event [purportedly not the Invictus games], after which Harry bombarded Meghan with texts until she agreed to go out with him.

'MASSIVELY LOVED-UP' Prince Harry so smitten with US TV star Meghan Markle
“... They went out with a group of friends to Soho House in London in early July, followed by two dates by themselves where Harry swept her off her feet. By August it was serious."

It is gossip of course, but apparently from in-the-know sources:
“Harry is very full-on but [Meghan] was going through quite a tough time with her previous boyfriend and she was flattered. She couldn’t contain her excitement, but once she got back from London she became very secretive. It was then that it changed from them just ‘seeing each other’ to boyfriend and girlfriend... Harry likes an independent girl and the LA-born actress is undoubtedly her own person who is clearly not afraid of the limelight... Harry loves her humanitarian work in Africa and the fact she’s an independent, sassy girl, while she’s [also] part of a power clique in Toronto that includes the prime minister and major TV stars ..."

About Meghan's relationship with her former boyfriend:
"A pal close to [Meghan & her former chef boyfriend] said: 'Their relationship was on the rocks but it was complicated as they were still living together and had to sort out custody of the dogs... they were on the outs in April. Meghan was feeling pretty down and vulnerable. She’d been very hurt... Then suddenly there’s a Prince Charming who’s pursuing her like mad..."

AFAIK, the dogs were always Meghan's, as according to her Instagram posts, she had adopted both dogs on her own before hooking up with her former live-in chef boyfriend. Apparently, he became close to her dogs because he still has pictures of both dogs on his Instagram. However, perhaps everything worked out between them. Neither Meghan's former husband, nor her former boyfriend have had anything at all to say publicly. They likely respect her, and there's no upside for them in commenting anyway.

About Meghan and Harry dating in secrecy:
“'Harry ... wanted to keep it under wraps as long as possible and very few people knew. It was conducted in the utmost secrecy, as Harry wanted to give it as much time as possible without the glare of publicity...' Markle family friend Eri Specht, who was in a relationship with Meghan’s half-brother Tom for 15 years, said: 'She’s very smart, very well educated and very poised. If anyone is well suited for a prince, Meghan is. She is a great catch — she’s really kind, careful and goes out of her way to help other people. She would be a very moderating, careful influence on Harry... Meghan is classy and sensible. She worked really hard to get where she is. She's very accomplished and professional.'”

Of course, people claim to be in the know or to know those in the know. Who the heck would say "I am just making this up for the clickbait" or "I overheard someone on the El today" or even "I read it on a blog that had no sources or citations for what they were writing." :cool:

^^ Yes, Meghan has done the head down a lot, but usually with a bland expression. She seems to be frowning in a more annoyed or frustrated way. But that could have been momentary feelings. She's usually an upbeat person. But she's been criticized on several occasions for smiling and looking happy in pap pics too. :closedeye

Hmmm, this suggests that M&H met last May at a charity event [purportedly not the Invictus games], after which Harry bombarded Meghan with texts until she agreed to go out with him.

'MASSIVELY LOVED-UP' Prince Harry so smitten with US TV star Meghan Markle
“... They went out with a group of friends to Soho House in London in early July, followed by two dates by themselves where Harry swept her off her feet. By August it was serious."

It is gossip of course, but apparently from in-the-know sources:
“Harry is very full-on but [Meghan] was going through quite a tough time with her previous boyfriend and she was flattered. She couldn’t contain her excitement, but once she got back from London she became very secretive. It was then that it changed from them just ‘seeing each other’ to boyfriend and girlfriend... Harry likes an independent girl and the LA-born actress is undoubtedly her own person who is clearly not afraid of the limelight... Harry loves her humanitarian work in Africa and the fact she’s an independent, sassy girl, while she’s [also] part of a power clique in Toronto that includes the prime minister and major TV stars ..."

About Meghan's relationship with her former boyfriend:
"A pal close to [Meghan & her former chef boyfriend] said: 'Their relationship was on the rocks but it was complicated as they were still living together and had to sort out custody of the dogs... they were on the outs in April. Meghan was feeling pretty down and vulnerable. She’d been very hurt... Then suddenly there’s a Prince Charming who’s pursuing her like mad..."

AFAIK, the dogs were always Meghan's, as according to her Instagram posts, she had adopted both dogs on her own before hooking up with her former live-in chef boyfriend. Apparently, he became close to her dogs because he still has pictures of both dogs on his Instagram. However, perhaps everything worked out between them. Neither Meghan's former husband, nor her former boyfriend have had anything at all to say publicly. They likely respect her, and there's no upside for them in commenting anyway.

About Meghan and Harry dating in secrecy:
“'Harry ... wanted to keep it under wraps as long as possible and very few people knew. It was conducted in the utmost secrecy, as Harry wanted to give it as much time as possible without the glare of publicity...' Markle family friend Eri Specht, who was in a relationship with Meghan’s half-brother Tom for 15 years, said: 'She’s very smart, very well educated and very poised. If anyone is well suited for a prince, Meghan is. She is a great catch — she’s really kind, careful and goes out of her way to help other people. She would be a very moderating, careful influence on Harry... Meghan is classy and sensible. She worked really hard to get where she is. She's very accomplished and professional.'”

These quotes and links are totally unnecessary. There really is no need to rehash this unseemly gossip. The tabloids, E! News, Meghan's crazy family, etc, can't be trusted. They are trying to manage a long-distance relationship, with the entire world watching! I really do feel for them.

The story is interesting since it seems to be referring to events at two locations without making that explicit.

They talk about the VIP section of "Toronto International" (not the name of the airport, incidentally), but the pictures are clearly not from the airport (there are too many trees). They look more like the area around her home.

It also talks about her getting out of her SUV, which is something she'd do after getting home, not something she'd do after landing at the airport.

So it sounds like someone saw her at the airport then sent in a tip so that the pap could get her pic once she drove home.

I'd say she's just ignoring the media...she's done the head down before with them.

LaRae

Yeah, the happens when the paps are bombarding her with crazy questions. It can't be easy being in this position but it takes strength to get through it all and Meghan's got it.

I think so too. She's done great with the media so far. At first I wasn't too sure with her flirty pics with the bananas and appearing to hint about stuff....but she's totally stopped that.

LaRae

What bothers me is that people like coming down on the royal girlfriends for smiling when they're out and about and being papped. People like to say they're playing to the camera, but in reality, who in the world want drawn and dowdy pictures of themselves on the front of the magazines, newspapers and on the net?

It's okay for royal girlfriends to give a nice and kind smile when they can.

I think so too. She's done great with the media so far. At first I wasn't too sure with her flirty pics with the bananas and appearing to hint about stuff....but she's totally stopped that.

LaRae

HA! :lol: I don't believe that she fully understood the magnitude of being with him, during "Banana-gate"! In the beginning, she made several missteps, but I believe that she's recovered with grace. It must have been extremely difficult for her, because she used to share so much of herself with her fans.

Dman I think we have gotten a lot more positive than negative from Meghan (smiling or at least ignoring and just going about her day) when it comes to pics. I don't imagine any of us would 'hold up' to the yardstick the royal watchers use.

Ronnsha yeah I don't think it had kicked in yet...the position she would be in and to do anything like that would just bite her. She learned quick. I'm sure Harry was helping out in that regard and really anyone can just research what went on with Diana if they are too young to have lived thru watching it all happen. The banana thing was the only real misstep that comes to mind but I might of forgotten others!

LaRae

I wonder IF they will marry, if they will have to do a "Anne&Tim" and marry in Scotland or a "Charles&Camilla" and have a civil wedding followed by a religious prayer and dedication to allow The Queen to attend (as Meghan is divorced) ? Or can The Queen attend a Church of England wedding service despite that ?

This has been discussed on the thread several times before, but briefly Church of England rules re divorcees have changed since Prince Charles and Camilla and Anne and Tim were married. There can be a full Church of England religious ceremony in a church, and it's fine for the Queen to attend.

This has been discussed on the thread several times before, but briefly Church of England rules re divorcees have changed since Prince Charles and Camilla and Anne and Tim were married. There can be a full Church of England religious ceremony in a church, and it's fine for the Queen to attend.

That sounds good. I'm from Sweden so i didn't knew that this had been changed.

Not exactly. Correct about Tim and Anne but not Charles and Camilla.

The rules changed in 2002. Charles and Camilla married in 2005. They could have married in the church with the permission of the priest. The chances of getting permission were slim as Camilla was involved in the break up of his first marriage. Then there was also the fact that Charles is the future head of the church so him being remarried in it was questionable. They chose instead not to ask permission and have a civil wedding.

Harry was not involved in the break up of her marriage. There is little reason to believe they would not be granted permission. There really is no reasonable doubt they will have a church service if married. Just a question of which.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom