Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being further away from the crown also gives Harry more leeway into having the kind of wedding he prefers. It'll still be a big deal as its definitely a royal wedding but I think we'll see more elements of a laid back nature to it.

One thing for sure, once the announcement hits the fan, Meghan most definitely would have or be in the process of setting up permanent residence in the UK. Another aspect that she'll have to deal with is the relocation of her fur babies to their new home. Interesting what she'll have to comply with.

United Kingdom Pet Passport - Current Dog and Cat Import Requirements

Thanks for sharing those UK pet transport requirements @Osipi. I'm upset that they have the nerve to target and ban Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes. Pitties are some of the nicest dogs ever. It's terrible people who do cruel things to these dogs who need to be tarred and feathered and banned!!!

Plus, re the wedding talk, it seems to hold water that Queen Elizabeth might not be at the wedding if there is some issue of her being at a wedding of a person who is divorced and the divorced partner is still living. QE II did not attend Charles & Camilla actual ceremony, right? But she did attend later celebrations that day.

Still, on the other hand, I can't imagine QE II not attending her grandson Harry's wedding. I'm sure that personally she would want to be there. But in terms of royal protocol, what would be decided?

Last edited:
The Church of England view has changed since Charles and Camilla married. It is quite OK for people to be married in the Church so long as there is no question mark over one or both committing adultery with the future partner while they were married to another. Harry did not interfere in Meghan's marriage. The Queen follows the views of senior clergy in this matter and that was the sticking point with regard to Charles and Camilla not marrying in a church ceremony. The Queen did attend the church blessing, I believe.

And, as Corey isn't talking, the Express tabloid knows this precisely how? Neither Meghan nor her ex husband are talking either, and Channel 4 can't say she took Trevor for everything he had as she didn't ask for any alimony.

It sounds like more of people who have no idea about her or her life will continue exploiting their 'bond' with her, the same people who have done it already. This is actually really sad, I feel bad for Meghan. She will get the burnt of this stupid show, burnt of these leaches using her, and there's nothing she can do about it.

Neither her ex husband or recent ex boyfriend are talking, yet they're 'quoted' in these articles.

The Church of England view has changed since Charles and Camilla married. It is quite OK for people to be married in the Church so long as there is no question mark over one or both committing adultery with the future partner while they were married to another. Harry did not interfere in Meghan's marriage. The Queen follows the views of senior clergy in this matter and that was the sticking point with regard to Charles and Camilla not marrying in a church ceremony. The Queen did attend the church blessing, I believe.
Curryong yes the Queen did attend the blessing.. she didn't attend the marriage in the registry office. However, there has always beene leeway in the Anglican church for couples who are divorced to have a church marriage. The stuff about adultery etc is a guideline and its up to the individual clergy to decide..

I can't blame William and Harry for wanting to modernize the monarchy after learning some facts from this forum. Harry's wedding won't be his own, he and his future wife won't have much say about it at all. Reading, that his wife should walk behind him out of protocol etc. There must be many more issues that would make most people go wtf, and these things are protected by the 'royal protocol' tag, so they won't get questioned.
it is not up to Harry to modernise the monarchy, he is not going to be King. And his wedding WONT be his own.. since he is a prince and he's working for Britiain. If he wants to get married on a beach in Scotland, he can do os, but as a private citizen. I doubt if his wife would have to "walk behind him"..

Last edited by a moderator:
it is not up to Harry to modernise the monarchy, he is not going to be King. And his wedding WONT be his own.. since he is a prince and he's working for Britiain. If he wants to get married on a beach in Scotland, he can do os, but as a private citizen. I doubt if his wife would have to "walk behind him"..

No wonder he wanted to quit for a while. That sounds suffocating, tbh. So many things in his life he has no choice in, as he's a prince and works for Britain. And if he dares to say it out loud, he gets called a spoiled brat.

Any woman willing to marry Harry has to have really thick skin and nerves of steel. This 'reality show' would have me climbing up the walls.

How would the British public etc react, if one of the high up monarchs was gay. If Harry wanted to marry a man?

And I know I'm jumping from one topic to another, my thoughts are all over the place today. My apologies. :flowers:

I realize that it was her second marriage but Princess Anne also works for Britain and had her own private wedding at a church in Scotland. If Prince Harry wanted to do the same wouldn't he be allowed?

I realize that it was her second marriage but Princess Anne also works for Britain and had her own private wedding at a church in Scotland. If Prince Harry wanted to do the same wouldn't he be allowed?

I see no reason why he couldn't marry in any of the UK countries.

It was her second marriage as you know. After a divorce. since the C of Scotland is more liberal about marriage after divorce that was clearly why Anne chose to get married there, rather than in London. Anyway Anne is not popular and I doubt if the public would care bout seeing her second wedding..
If Harry wants to be a prince and I'm sure he does (I don't think he'd really be very happy as an ordinary guy, even an ordinary rich guy).. he has to take the duties as well as the perks. HIs marriage is an important royal event and the public will want to see it.. just as they did with William's. So there are limits on what he can decide about it. he will be expected to marry in London in a big church..

No

How would the British public etc react, if one of the high up monarchs was gay. If Harry wanted to marry a man?

And I know I'm jumping from one topic to another, my thoughts are all over the place today. My apologies. :flowers:
I don't tink that the public are quite ready for a gay monarch..but I suppose it will happen one day. however harry isn't a monarch..

I don't see any requirement for the wedding to be in London. Simply for it to be public. If they were to marry at Sandringham, Windsor or Balmoral there is really no issue. As long as the ceremony itself was televised. The reception would be private anyways, Williams was.

It would actually be more along the lines of the slimming down. Lowering the cost of security that a huge weddung in London brings.

As for Anne she had no choice. The Anglican Church didn't change the laws about divorcees until the 2000s. If she and Tim wished to marry, they had two choices, a civil wedding or marry in Scotland.

If Harry and Meghan make if official, would their wedding be considered a state occasion? Harry is 5th in line to the throne, but when Charles ascends Harry becomes the second son of the monarch. The late first lady Nancy Reagan led the U.S. delegation for Andrew and Sarah's wedding; could there be a chance the Trumps would attend? (Given the current sentiment towards Trump in the U.K. I would hope they would think on this.)

I don't think so...I am not sure Williams was one either.

LaRae

Ouch ! And the worst part is that some people might actually think this is true.

If Harry and Meghan make if official, would their wedding be considered a state occasion? Harry is 5th in line to the throne, but when Charles ascends Harry becomes the second son of the monarch. The late first lady Nancy Reagan led the U.S. delegation for Andrew and Sarah's wedding; could there be a chance the Trumps would attend? (Given the current sentiment towards Trump in the U.K. I would hope they would think on this.)

Given that William's wedding was not considered a state occasion, I don't see why Harry's would be. I don't think either that the Queen or the PoW would insist on a public, televised ceremony. I am expecting something similar to Edward's and Sophie's wedding, which would be appropriate for Harry's rank.

I am too. If the Queen is still alive when Harry marries, he'll be the grandson of the monarch marrying. Edward and Sophie had a relatively lower key wedding and he was the son of the monarch at the time.

As far as officials and dignitaries attending Harry's wedding, we can almost be assured that the Trudeaus will be invited to attend. They're friends on the bride's side should it be Meghan and wouldn't be there so much in an official capacity representing Canada (although it could be a dual reason for the attendance).

We'll just have to wait and see what happens if and when it does happen. :D

I am too. If the Queen is still alive when Harry marries, he'll be the grandson of the monarch marrying. Edward and Sophie had a relatively lower key wedding and he was the son of the monarch at the time.

As far as officials and dignitaries attending Harry's wedding, we can almost be assured that the Trudeaus will be invited to attend. They're friends on the bride's side should it be Meghan and wouldn't be there so much in an official capacity representing Canada (although it could be a dual reason for the attendance).

We'll just have to wait and see what happens if and when it does happen. :D

The Governor-General of Canada attended William's wedding, but (then) PM Stephen Harper did not. If Harry's wedding is a private event, probably there will be no official Commonwealth representatives in attendance. So, I agree that, if the Trudeaus come, it will be only as friends of the bride.

No. Even if Charles was king, it would not be considered a state occasion. Only the marriage of a monarch or the heir to the throne is. Because he is heir to the heir, Williams was considered semi state. If his father is king when he marries, the wedding will be similar to Andrews. Like Andrew, Harry is not only the second son, but he has been displaced by his brothers kids already.

If he marries during the queen's reign, something similar to Edward doesn't seem unlikely. Perhaps even if Charles is king, with the idea of slimming down, it will be toned down compared to the York wedding.

Last edited:
I'm expecting a televised ceremony at St George's if the Queen is still alive. If she isn't, it could be the Abbey. It could be up at Balmoral, but for a royal's first wedding likely not. And Harry's wedding is virtually certain to be televised.

Another thing to keep in mind too in regards to a possible wedding of Harry's. Since 2011, things seem to have ramped up where it is necessary to keep even a sharper focus on the security surrounding a big, public event.

A wedding for Harry in Windsor may be deemed a lot easier and safer for crowd control and maintaining a solid security front than a big wedding through the streets of London to Westminster Abbey or another large London locale.

The Governor-General of Canada attended William's wedding, but (then) PM Stephen Harper did not. If Harry's wedding is a private event, probably there will be no official Commonwealth representatives in attendance. So, I agree that, if the Trudeaus come, it will be only as friends of the bride.

Stephen was meant to. And in fact originally accepted. But Canada called a federal election. Due to the election being three days after the wedding, it wasn't a prudent choice for the prime minister to leave the country.

There were prime ministers of several like Australia.

But Williams was considered a semi state occasion, because he will be POW one day. So heads of state were invited. Harrys wedding will not be.

If the Trudeaus attend, pretty much assured as guest if Meg. Maybe to avoid the whole 'political leader attending' Sophie will attend alone. Perhaps with Jessica Mulroney and her husband, both Meghan and Sophie are friends with the couple.

This will be quite the wedding if and when. Not often when the commoner spouse could have quite the big name lost as well.

I am wondering because of Trump's image he would take it as a sleight if he were not invited. Meghan may live and work in Canada but she's an American citizen; and Trump would be of a mind that as president he should be in attendance, particularly if the Obamas attend. His world renowned Twitter habits would be a pall on the wedding. Meghan and Harry would have a lot of adjustments (Meghan mostly); they don't need that.

I do think that a lot of people need to give up on the concept that Harry is going to marry some Nobel prizewinner who will supposedly be every little thing that everyone wants them to be and somehow take the monarchy to some mythical new level. The job will consist of cutting ribbons and showing up, nothing more than that. Women at this point in their lives are either established and uninterested or still drifting and unfocused. I don't think Harry will be with someone who will want to throw her life away and I don't think the RF wants someone who isn't settled and ready for married life. Someone who is drifting will not really want to stay in the RF for long once they get bored and want to do something else.

so what is this? Harry wotn want a woman who is going to be suitable for the royal job, ie content to "cut ribbons"? and yes IMO the RF wont want thim to marry a woman who ISNT ready to settle for "royal duites"...so it looks like harry is doomed to being single or to leaving his family

I am wondering because of Trump's image he would take it as a sleight if he were not invited. Meghan may live and work in Canada but she's an American citizen; and Trump would be of a mind that as president he should be in attendance, particularly if the Obamas attend. His world renowned Twitter habits would be a pall on the wedding. Meghan and Harry would have a lot of adjustments (Meghan mostly); they don't need that.

It'll be Harry and his bride's wedding and politics won't enter into it at all. If anyone feels slighted at not being invited, its their problem to deal with and have absolutely no impact on things. It mostly will be like what happened with Will's wedding. He was not happy with the invite list handed to him by the courtiers and his grandmother's reaction was "throw it out" and start with who you want to be there and we'll work from there.

If Harry and Meghan should decide they want the Obamas at the wedding, that's their prerogative. Same with the Trudeaus as they are good friends of Meghan's. If they wanted to invite Batman and his sidekick, Robin, they will. Politics won't enter into it.

I do think that a lot of people need to give up on the concept that Harry is going to marry some Nobel prizewinner who will supposedly be every little thing that everyone wants them to be and somehow take the monarchy to some mythical new level. The job will consist of cutting ribbons and showing up, nothing more than that. Women at this point in their lives are either established and uninterested or still drifting and unfocused. I don't think Harry will be with someone who will want to throw her life away and I don't think the RF wants someone who isn't settled and ready for married life. Someone who is drifting will not really want to stay in the RF for long once they get bored and want to do something else.

To be fair, royals have never been historically expected to marry "Nobel prize winners"; quite the opposite actually. Royals, especially heirs to the throne (which is not Harry's case), were primarily expected originally to marry other royals (obviously from another European country). That later evolved to marrying women from the "upper class" , i.e. daughters from old noble families like Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, Diana Spencer, Mathilde d'Udekem d'Accoz, and Stéphanie de Lannoy, or "gentry" like Camilla Shand or Sarah Ferguson.

As royals began to mingle increasingly more often with the middle class (as they started going to normal schools and universities and became part of the same social circles as rich people in general), that standard was downgraded and we got the likes of Kate Middleton, Letizia Ortiz, Máxima Zorreguieta, Mary Donaldson, Sophie Rhys-Jones, etc. , i.e. generally well-educated middle-class women and, at least in Letizia's, Sophie's and Máxima's cases, with accomplished professional careers of their own. Royal consorts like Mette-Marit, Daniel Westling or Sofia Hellqvist are perhaps one step further down than the former, but they are not the norm yet, I think.

Last edited:
It'll be Harry and his bride's wedding and politics won't enter into it at all. If anyone feels slighted at not being invited, its their problem to deal with and have absolutely no impact on things. It mostly will be like what happened with Will's wedding. He was not happy with the invite list handed to him by the courtiers and his grandmother's reaction was "throw it out" and start with who you want to be there and we'll work from there.

If Harry and Meghan should decide they want the Obamas at the wedding, that's their prerogative. Same with the Trudeaus as they are good friends of Meghan's. If they wanted to invite Batman and his sidekick, Robin, they will. Politics won't enter into it.

Exactly. Most of us probably recall what the Queen said to William (as he relayed in an interview) about his own wedding. He's not going to be obligated to invite Trump or Trudeau or Obama ...it will be up to he and his bride to decide. This is not a State event.

LaRae

Given that it's not going to be a state wedding, Trump is unlikely to be invited. Even if he was, if the bride is Meghan, she would probably cross him off the list as long as it's not against protocol. She can't stand misogyny.

He can take it to Twitter if he wish. It'd just make him seem petty, although it's never stopped him. I doubt Meghan would care. I know I would get a little satisfaction knowing he's pouting about it.

This is the difference even with William. While William had a lot of control over guests, certain people were to be invited. Heads of the commonwealth countries and foreign royals were not personal guests. They were there because of the occasion.

Any who attend Harrys will be personal guests of the couple. They will be there due to a relationship with the couple. Even the celebrities, many will have a much closer relationship, then those invited to Cambridge wedding as they did charity work with William.

The Trudeaus and Obamas if invited, because of a friendship with bride or groom. Celebrities, people like the Mulroneys. Maybe some minor royals, as like the Yorks, Harry is friends with some.

A sitting American president would ruin the wedding because of the huge security operation. Even just Nancy Reagan at Prince Andrew's wedding involved apx. 200 Secret Service agents.

A sitting American president would ruin the wedding because of the huge security operation. Even just Nancy Reagan at Prince Andrew's wedding involved apx. 200 Secret Service agents.

This fits in nicely with my thoughts about security concerns surrounding Harry's wedding. For all we know, Harry and Meghan (if she's to be the bride) will decide they want close family and friends only and it'll be a small, intimate wedding at St. George's Chapel at Windsor. The crowds will be kept to a minimum and to be honest, I think even televising the event is something up in the air until the actual wedding plans are announced. There are just so many different ways Harry could go with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom