Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was working the day Will & Kate got married. Luckily it was in an elderly home so most of them were watching too and I could pop in and out and watch with them.

St. George's Chapel seems like a very likely choice too.

Yeah didn't Kate more or less live with William prior to the wedding?

I think any requirements would be almost non-existent outside any Church ones that need to be observed.

Fingers crossed for the next year or so!
LaRae

They lived together in university and shared hotel rooms all the time while they were going on all those jet set vacations.

I think Meg and Harry are in fact not going to be forbidden marriage at this point.

I can't think of any reason Harry and Meghan would be forbidden to marry.

I know W&K lived together at St Andrews and shared hotel rooms etc, it was all unofficial. I was speaking more about after the official announcement they were engaged.

LaRae

I was working the day Will & Kate got married. Luckily it was in an elderly home so most of them were watching too and I could pop in and out and watch with them.

St. George's Chapel seems like a very likely choice too.

I've seen St George's mentioned here before...I wondered if they would go even smaller though.

Never know, supposed he could go for Westminster too, as his brother did.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Kate had a flat and William more or less spent all his time there rather than at Clarence House. Seems logical to me. Sophie also "lived" quite a bit, I think, at Edward's apartments at Buckingham Palace before the wedding too.

Its all good. It adds to the fact how well couples know each other before going down that aisle. :)

Yeah I don't remember anyone paying much attention to where they lived prior to the wedding. I seem to remember hearing that about S&E also.

When they are together it does seem that they spend a lot of time away from the media at Harry's home just hanging ...that's good that they are doing this.

LaRae

If they do marry..can you imagine the fashion threads for the house of Windsor?

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I also agree that if Meghan and Harry do get married, or whoever Harry marries, the wedding will be in a more relaxed setting. Now that George and Charlotte are here, he has 'sunk' further in the line of succession and thus I doubt he will have a big ceremony at Westminster Abbey like his brother. I can imagine that the wedding will be fairly small (for the BRF anyway) and intimate; held at a location like St. George's Chapel at Windsor where Edward and Sophie got married.

You know, if it wasn't for the very good pictures the DF provide, I would never visit that sight again.

I'm totally in agreement with that. Perhaps we should have an area specifically for Fail articles and call it The Click Bait thread so that what goes into threads like this one are actually credible sources to be believed. ;)

Its kind of sad that the writers and the articles don't live up to the excellence of their photography.

With the exception of Robert Hardman, but just when it comes to the royals, because I don't agree with him in anything else.

The Fail is absolutely pathetic! Amazing that there are people who would actually buy such trash, but to each their own. Well I'm one click that the Fail will not get, I did read the headline and that is more than enough, seriously 'MM's diary as imagined by Claudia...' that's right, imagined by the writer. And there are people who claim to worry about what the tabloids write, it's not the first and won't be the last piece of imagined junk!

The Fail is absolutely pathetic! Amazing that there are people who would actually buy such trash, but to each their own. Well I'm one click that the Fail will not get, I did read the headline and that is more than enough, seriously 'MM's diary as imagined by Claudia...' that's right, imagined by the writer. And there are people who claim to worry about what the tabloids write, it's not the first and won't be the last piece of imagined junk!

I'm sorry but as soon as you click to read the headline, they got the click they needed.

You don't have to read it to register. There are other publications out there that publish the news. Mail online is fantasy land.

I would even go as far as to state that fantasy journalism is a cut above the Fail. I knew by the headline posted in this thread here with the link that its not something I'd waste my time with.

So, if Harry and Meghan decide to get married, would they do a Balmoral Scotland wedding for privacy, do a Peter Phillips at Windsor, a classic Abbey wedding, or.....

...elope?

So, if Harry and Meghan decide to get married, would they do a Balmoral Scotland wedding for privacy, do a Peter Phillips at Windsor, a classic Abbey wedding, or........elope?

Would be my choice. :flowers: Also, would be so pretty, especially if they did it in the wintertime in the snow! :D

If they did that their street cred would shoot up with me, anyway. ;) Would set the tone for the privacy and normalcy Harry says he wants.

Wouldn't it be something if they went the way of Pippa ..no cameras, private ceremony, except those cameras they kept at a distance??

LaRae

Personally I love winter weddings. So romantic! I'm not so sure though that Harry is very fond of the cold, except for skiing. I think Harry's wedding will be televised. That's not necessarily the choice of bride and groom but because most Royal weddings are. It's more likely to be at Windsor's St George, IMO.

HM got married in November. No reason for Harry to wait until Spring/summer 2018. It's not like those two are 20 years old, either.

Of course it will be televisied and will take place in W Abbey or somewhere in London. it will need to be a big church, and it will be a royal wedding.. that's if it takes place. he's not going to marry on a beach or in the snow.. He's a Prince and a working royal . he's not some random person marrying an actress. He and Meghan will have to fit in with the RF and be seen as working royals.

The Queen and Prince Philip's wedding was in a pre TV age though (at least in Britain.) For PR purposes a royal wedding has that feel good touch that advertisers, retailers, TPTB at the Palace like. For that you require warmer weather.

Crowds came out on the streets for the royal wedding in 1947 because devotion to the royal family had grown during the war, and because people were hardier then. Not too many Londoners and others would opt now for sitting on a blanket on icy pavements with nothing but a flask of hot tea to sustain them for hours and hours of waiting. Plus, as I've said, I have a suspicion that Harry is none too fond of cold himself!

They broadcast the Queen's (then Princess Elizabeth) wedding on the radio though. That would of been interesting.

LaRae

How far we've come since the Queen got married eh?

I think a lot of how Harry's wedding will go actually will be up to Harry and Meghan themselves. I would put my money on the ceremony being televised with all the excitement that a royal wedding can drum up but the venue may be a totally different choice than Westminster Abbey. I'd put my money on the wedding being in Windsor. Maybe along the lines of the wedding Sophie and Edward had.

Yes, I remember the crackling radio, Richard Dimbleby's hushed tones very well, Pranter and Osipi. (Surely Dimbleby WAS given that job?) Just kidding! It would have been very interesting for those around Britain and the then Empire who couldn't get to London.

However, I'm a child of the age of the visual mediums and imagination can only go so far. I presume Pathe News was on the job filming the occasion, and people saw that at the cinema too.

Last edited:
How far we've come since the Queen got married eh?

I think a lot of how Harry's wedding will go actually will be up to Harry and Meghan themselves. I would put my money on the ceremony being televised with all the excitement that a royal wedding can drum up but the venue may be a totally different choice than Westminster Abbey. I'd put my money on the wedding being in Windsor. Maybe along the lines of the wedding Sophie and Edward had.
why would it be in Windsosr in a smaller venue?? They wil have some input of course, but its a royal wedding not a private ceremony and they will have to fit in with what is advised by the RF's people. They certainly wont be in some small church in Windsor. Ed and Sophie's wedding was much smaller than usual because it was 1999 and soon after the Diana years and the idea was for the RF to slim things down and not be seen as being so extravagant.. and for Ed as the 4th Royal offspring to marry, to have a smaller ceremony. Harry is the second of 2 children of the future King. he's important in terms of royal duties.. and as such his wedding is not his own.

I wouldn't bet my money on that if I were you. But then again, we'll just have to wait and see what happens when the time comes. :D

OH well the sooner its settled and over with, the better... but I don't believe that will happen very soon.

HM got married in November. No reason for Harry to wait until Spring/summer 2018. It's not like those two are 20 years old, either.

Meghan will work through most of November. I'd be surprised if a wedding even happens in Spring 2018.

Of course it will be televisied and will take place in W Abbey or somewhere in London. It will need to be a big church, and it will be a royal wedding. That's if it takes place. He's not going to marry on a beach or in the snow. He's a Prince and a working royal. He's not some random person marrying an actress. He and Meghan will have to fit in with the RF and be seen as working royals.

Don't be too certain what is coming. :cool: Harry has made clear that he and William will be 'modernizing' the monarchy, whatever that means to them.

We can pretty much suppose that Charles will carry on with the royal traditions as established by The Queen and further back, but William and Harry may unravel a lot of that in the context of 'modernizing' the institution. I'd say don't assume anything. :flowers:

Don't be too certain what is coming. :cool: Harry has made clear that he and William will be 'modernizing' the monarchy, whatever that means to them.

We can pretty much suppose that Charles will carry on with the royal traditions as established by The Queen and further back, but William and Harry may unravel a lot of that in the context of 'modernizing' the institution. I'd say don't assume anything. :flowers:

I can't blame William and Harry for wanting to modernize the monarchy after learning some facts from this forum. Harry's wedding won't be his own, he and his future wife won't have much say about it at all. Reading, that his wife should walk behind him out of protocol etc. There must be many more issues that would make most people go wtf, and these things are protected by the 'royal protocol' tag, so they won't get questioned.

:previous:Reading, that his wife should walk behind him out of protocol etc.
Where did you read that? In reading about Prince Harry for years now and seeing how he treats people he meets and interacts with them, IMO, I seriously doubt that he would want his wife to walk behind him, if anything she will be right at his side. What century are we living in today? He seems like a very loving and caring person who treats all with respect and kindness, walking behind him does not show that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom