Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hope when Harry does something excellent in the future, to do with Invictus or another of his charities, (and he will,) that those who have been very quick and eager to criticise him for this, will come on these threads and lavish an equal amount of praise. Somehow I doubt it though!

Well, I'm sure Meghan and Harry can't wait to reunite again. Nothing like seeing your partner after being away for awhile. Lots of passion, romantic meals and a lots of catching up.

Yes, I have a large number of people in a circle of extended family and friends back in England, including two who served in the military, and none of them have lost one iota of respect or friendly feelings towards Harry.

Samantha Markle has replied to someone on her Twitter page, saying she knew nothing about any show, nobody's spoken to her about it and how ridiculous it was that the BBC should do a show about her family, lol.

So, unless she's lying through her back teeth, (possible, with her behaviour since last year) it would be rather odd for Channel 4 to say that such a show is in the works without Meghan's main prosecutor being centre stage.

FYI everyone: the BBC is nothing to do with Channel 4 which is an independent commercial channel.

When will the madness stop?! Harry & Meghan have only been dating for roughly a year and already a tv show is being made on her life? What utter rubbish! Harry is now 5th in line to the throne & his wife won't be queen so why is this even necessary? This just stinks of desperation & opportunism on behalf of channel 4 who have commissioned the programme. The show will probably contain the same crap & misinformation already out there & interviews from estranged family members on her father's trashy side of the family whom Meghan hasn't spoken to in years.

No wonder Harry has found it hard to find a spouse. The media just make it virtually impossible for any woman he dates by creating a feverish environment. With Meghan in particular there seems to be an effort to try to discredit her in every way.

Last edited:
It's tacky of this station to run a show about the Markles. As for "exploring" Meghan's ancestry, read, "let's drive the point home that a descendant of African slaves from America may be marrying into the House of Windsor". Stoke the racial animus here. The royal house has a lot in its background (bloods royal and married ins) they can't say boo about. The immediate family are not going to talk; even evil half-sister Samantha has backed off lately. They know if they participate in a televised hit piece they can kiss their dream of standing on the balcony of Buckingham Palace goodbye.

Well, I hope when Harry does something excellent in the future, to do with Invictus or another of his charities, (and he will,) that those who have been very quick and eager to criticise him for this, will come on these threads and lavish an equal amount of praise. Somehow I doubt it though!

One thing about this past controversy over Harry's words is that its shown us something very important about the man. The fact that he's human. He's not a programmed puppet on a string and in his lifetime, I'm sure he's going to come across many, many occasions where he wishes he could get a "do over" on them. There are also going to be occasions where he will be a bright shining star and excel at things. He'll also take those in stride without getting an over inflated ego. That's maturity.

FYI everyone: the BBC is nothing to do with Channel 4 which is an independent commercial channel.

The fact that Samantha mistook the Channel concerned and blamed the BBC seems to show that whoever is going to appear on this trash (if it ever gets produced) it's not going to be her. As she has constantly criticised MM at times, (the only one among the relatives to do so, as in spite of embarrassing behaviour from Meghan's halfbrother, he and the others have had nothing but good to say of Meghan) you would think she would be the first to sign up!

It's tacky of this station to run a show about the Markles. As for "exploring" Meghan's ancestry, read, "let's drive the point home that a descendant of African slaves from America may be marrying into the House of Windsor". Stoke the racial animus here. The royal house has a lot in its background (bloods royal and married ins) they can't say boo about. The immediate family are not going to talk; even evil half-sister Samantha has backed off lately. They know if they participate in a televised hit piece they can kiss their dream of standing on the balcony of Buckingham Palace goodbye.

This!

It is all dogs & whistles. I'll also bet the ancestry they'll be exploring we'll just be her African-American side. The daily fail did a similar thing months ago & all they talked about were her slave ancestors. Nothing was mentioned of her white ancestry cause I guess that's not as scandalous!

As for the the crazy half sister Samantha Grant she is honestly no better. Samantha is writing a tell all book on Meghan & has shown herself to be a nasty piece of work who has sold her out too many times. The rest of the Markle family are also an embarrassment & have all sold their stories to the media. Meghan has been estranged from them for years. With the exception of Meghan’s father I dont think we'll be seeing any of the Markles invited if there is a royal wedding.

This!

It is all dogs & whistles. I'll also bet the ancestry they'll be exploring we'll just be her African-American side. The daily fail did a similar thing months ago & all they talked about were her slave ancestors. Nothing was mentioned of her white ancestry cause I guess that's not as scandalous!

As for the the crazy half sister Samantha Grant she is honestly no better. Samantha is writing a tell all book on Meghan & has shown herself to be a nasty piece of work who has sold her out too many times. The rest of the Markle family are also an embarrassment & have all sold their stories to the media. Meghan has been estranged from them for years. With the exception of Meghan’s father I dont think we'll be seeing any of the Markles invited if there is a royal wedding.

If there is to be a wedding, I'd be surprised if anyone from Meghan's family besides her mother and her father are in attendance. The others have just proven that they have no respect whatsoever for Meghan so why should she include them in her and Harry's special day.

Kind of has a Cinderella feel to it doesn't it. :D

Not to make excuses for anyone, but not all families know how to handle having a famous relative in the family, yet alone one who's dating a very famous British prince. That family must be getting all kinds of calls from the media to do interviews and spill a few beans. It doesn't matter if the family don't know any real insightful details of the couple.

The media did this to Catherine's immediate and extended family. It went from the press knocking on the Middleton's front door, to putting one of her cousins in the spotlight. Let's not forget about the endless ancestral articles and the ex-friends interviews for docs and tv talk shows.

The media wants to know who these young ladies and their families are. It's wrong and stupid, but this goes with the territory of dating someone like Harry. He not only upsets him, but he hope none of it will cause his girlfriend to run off. It's a tough situation.

One reason that the media does do this is because they know there is an audience for it. In the quest for lining the pockets, the actual people don't matter. They're just a means to an end.

I actually got this statement today in an email (doesn't matter from who) and reading about this latest rumor about a "Meet the Markles" program, it kind of fits in with things.

"“All the nice cutesy little ethics that used to get talked about in journalism school, you’re just like, that’s adorable... This is a business. ... So, they got to do what they got to do to make their money."

Last edited:
I'm sure Harry has talked about the ins and outs of the package that comes along with dating him. I think she has handled everything with a great deal of grace, discretion and professionalism.

I think Meghan is smart enough to have done some research (if she didn't already have a good idea) of what to expect...and I'm sure once they decided to make a go of it, they discussed it between themselves.

I think the key will be support...as long as they stick together and support each other they can get thru it. Both of them have the life experience and maturity to deal with it, if they want to.

LaRae

I think Meghan is smart enough to have done some research (if she didn't already have a good idea) of what to expect...and I'm sure once they decided to make a go of it, they discussed it between themselves.

I think the key will be support...as long as they stick together and support each other they can get thru it. Both of them have the life experience and maturity to deal with it, if they want to.

LaRae

Isn't that the truth! The love and support of one another is what helps a couple get through stuff like this.

It's not like Meghan is an innocent school girl. Anyone with a tv or goes for groceries knows the scrutiny the British royals live under. You'd have to live in a cave not to. She knew it was never going to be easy when she started dating him. This isn't an infatuated teenage girl blinded by love and a tiara.

She also is in the public spotlight before him. Unlike other girlfriends, she has the experience to some point. Like Letizia, her career at least gives her a leg up in public speaking and being comfortable with press.

All I have to say, that Meghan is proving to be VERY serious about Harry and loving him a lot, because even this hasn't driven her away. I'm sure she had a few moments prior knowledge of this trashy show being in the talks, and I'm sure the talks for this show would end if this relationship ended. But she's not walking away. She's facing this shameless exploitation with her head held high.

It's not like Meghan is an innocent school girl. Anyone with a tv or goes for groceries knows the scrutiny the British royals live under. You'd have to live in a cave not to. She knew it was never going to be easy when she started dating him. This isn't an infatuated teenage girl blinded by love and a tiara.

She also is in the public spotlight before him. Unlike other girlfriends, she has the experience to some point. Like Letizia, her career at least gives her a leg up in public speaking and being comfortable with press.
Still, that's a lot of trouble to go through. Whether she expected it or not, how you feel knowing press will be all over you is different than when they really start turning over every rock. I'm sure most of us do not realize how many things we don't want others to know until it's out there. Point is, even knowing all this, some might decide it's too much trouble to go through.

The US actress looks all set for summer after modelling a range of seasonal outfits including a sultry snap wearing nothing on top except a flowery blazer....

Meghan Markle sets pulses racing going braless in blazer | Daily Mail Online

It's from a March 2014 Splash magazine photo shoot that took place at the Lincoln Park Conservatory in Chicago. I've posted a behind-the-scenes video of the shoot before in this thread. Old news, but leave it to the DF to continue with their baseless creation of made-up trivialities and non-stories. Meghan and Harry will only continue to keep their relationship low-profile. The OTT frenzy and relentless prying is ridiculous.

Here's the Splash photo shoot again which has been up on Youtube for some time, plus a brief reference to the 3-year-old story on the Splash website:
Video: Behind the scenes of our cover shoot with Meghan Markle - SPLASH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeLBz24mhs8

And here are more old videos; these are in connection with Meghan's cover feature for Lifestyle magazine. Wonder when DF will be retreading this? They probably won't be unless there is something they feel it's possible to insinuate of a sexually promiscuous or sleazy nature, which is what they have been doing for far too long. :bang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3dV5MeIW9c

Meghan: "A quote I live by is 'Don't give it five minutes if you're not going to give it five years...' If you're resilient and you stick with it, I think you have a really strong shot of achieving your goals."

Meghan also had this to say about her similar qualities to her friend, Serena Williams: "We are similar in our endless ambitions and in our desire to exceed expectations."

In the absence of any news at all, DF would make negative hay of anything, including those straightforward quotes. The quotes are positive and inspirational, and they give insight into the strengths of Meghan's personality, which is surely part of the reason why Harry was attracted to her in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rePtrACnqpU

And this brief fashion interview for OutNet.com with some wardrobe tips from Meghan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIMasLgjWww

Last edited:
Hmmm Wimbledon doesn't start until next week, & Serena is @ home, pregnant. That lady is on her way to see her prince!

:previous: Right, Serena won't be at Wimbledon this year. Meghan might still attend a few Wimbledon matches, who knows. It would be something if both Meghan and Harry show up one day in the royal box at Wimby. :wave:

I doubt that Harry is at all interested in tennis though. Young Prince William attended Wimbledon with his mother Diana on a memorable occasion. And William and Kate attended Wimbledon together sometime after their marriage.

Last edited:
If there is to be a wedding, I'd be surprised if anyone from Meghan's family besides her mother and her father are in attendance. The others have just proven that they have no respect whatsoever for Meghan so why should she include them in her and Harry's special day.

Kind of has a Cinderella feel to it doesn't it. :D

I think it's just her dad's family she's estranged from. She still has family on her mothers side & I believe her maternal grandmother is still alive. It would also look kinda weird to have her mom & dad as her only family at the wedding while the Windors are represented in large in numbers!

Not to make excuses for anyone, but not all families know how to handle having a famous relative in the family, yet alone one who's dating a very famous British prince. That family must be getting all kinds of calls from the media to do interviews and spill a few beans. It doesn't matter if the family don't know any real insightful details of the couple.

The Markle family went out of their way to court publicity purely out of greed, spite & jealousy. They invited the media into their home so they were not coerced into it. Her mother's family on the other hand haven't said a word. Unlike the Markles they haven't sold stories to the media & have kept a dignified silence.

Last edited:
The only piece of jewelry on Meghan (should it happen) that would really matter would be that ring of Welsh gold. Everything else (besides an engagement ring) is window dressing.

Hmmm Wimbledon doesn't start until next week, & Serena is @ home, pregnant. That lady is on her way to see her prince!
But isn't Harry on some African Safari following Elephants?

In addition to her mother and father, there's a possibility that Meghan could also still have paternal and maternal family members that she has a good relationship with that have not courted the media like some of them have.

But isn't Harry on some African Safari following Elephants?

Harry's back and has a joint engagement tomorrow with The Queen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm perhaps we'll see Harry make a rare appearance at Wimbledon, with a guest.

LaRae

I don't think someone should be allowed into the RF only if they come from an ideal family. No one should be treated as inferior if they didn't have perfect family dynamics.

No one has 'ideal' family ...some have better situations than others but everyone has their issues.

LaRae

only if they come from an ideal family

There is NO such bar... God knows the Spencer's had FAR from perfect 'family dynamics'..

I don't think someone should be allowed into the RF only if they come from an ideal family. No one should be treated as inferior if they didn't have perfect family dynamics.
Of course not, and as wyevale wrote, there is NO such bar.

There is NO such bar... God knows the Spencer's had FAR from perfect 'family dynamics'..
And there you said it.

That's right, remember, he don't come from an ideal family either. Again, people have to stop looking for perfect partners with perfect families for the Windsors. Mainly because the Windsors aren't perfect either.

The Markle's family issues aren't any of our business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom