Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one knows what they are getting into when they marry royalty. Everyone thought Diana knew and she had no idea. We can just hope that IF she marries him she is strong enough to keep her head above water.

True but I think Diana and Fergie were exceptions. Botht of them DID seem to enter the RF and then be very surprised about the life that they would have to live there.
But Fergie is not very bright and Diana had an ability to "not know" about a lot of things.. and she somehow DID mss out on knowledge about Royal life that would have helped her, if she'd known it.
ANd its true that it is one thing to know this stuff from what you have read and heard as an outsider and another thing when you actually live it.. however its Meg's business, if she can cope or not. I don't think that she will be so unadjusted that she will bring down the monarchy, and even if she did....

it seems to me that Meghan would benefit more from lessons on how British society works:bang: I would think a great start would be to renounce American citizenship:D and become Canadian!

It doesn't have to be one or another. I'm sure she could manage learning about both. Maybe she is. Also, we don't just pick and choose out citizenship. She can't just decide to want to be Canadian, and that's it.

I am always amazed at how people react to the news. Yesterday, Harry and Meghan were about to announce their engagement. As of today, just because Meghan didn't attend Pippa's wedding, some posters on this forum are speculating if Meghan would agree to be Harry's mistress.

I bought this topic up as a discussion I didn't say it was going to happen. I thought it was interesting to discuss but some people have taken it the wrong way. But I will say that people don't have to marry these days and she wouldn't be his mistress she would be his partner

Lets face it. When it comes to Harry and Meghan's relationship, anything can happen.

Royal rob's suggestion that they remain as they are now with an intimate relationship but without marriage is just as valid as the two of them announcing that they'll marry on the second Tuesday of next week or decide that they will have children with the children spending 5 months in Canada with Meghan and 5 months in the UK with Harry with an entire month with the both of them in Timbuktu.

People in the 21st century have come to the point where they can define their relationship any way they want to without being stigmatized if its not the "conventional" relationship society expected of them. Harry could renounce his succession rights and they raise penguins in remote Antarctica happily ever after.

We just don't know.

I bought this topic up as a discussion I didn't say it was going to happen. I thought it was interesting to discuss but some people have taken it the wrong way. But I will say that people don't have to marry these days and she wouldn't be his mistress she would be his partner

It just wouldn't work long term with a royal, IMO. Just the practical side of it. Would Meghan be allowed in as a equal partner, holiday celebrations, official events, or would she be in the sidelines, or just not allowed to participate.

:previous: That makes the most sense really in the long run of things but the possibilities that they could do something totally different that they both agree on is still there.

I don't see Harry walking away from the life he's known he's destined for since birth in any way. He has stated that he does want marriage and family with the stipulation that he'd have to find the right person first. Perhaps he's found her in Meghan. We won't know until they both announce publicly their intentions.

I don't think Harry will walk away from his life either; this is something he has been born to and he knows no other way of life. I am certain that he (among others of his background) would have no idea on how to handle making that kind of break and then basically starting afresh as a non-official royal. It might in fact cause a huge amount of trauma.

It just wouldn't work long term with a royal, IMO. Just the practical side of it. Would Meghan be allowed in as a equal partner, holiday celebrations, official events, or would she be in the sidelines, or just not allowed to participate.

As his consort she'll be bound by protocol and culture to walk two steps behind him and address him as "Sir" in public and in front of others at events.

As the wife of someone who has been moved down to fifth in line, hse will have to defer to HM, Charles, Camilla, William, and Kate; likely to the two York princesses who are born blood princesses and are thus higher in rank.

This is not a world or culture based on equality and I do believe that it is something that Meg might in fact have serious problems adjusting to.

I don't think Harry will walk away from his life either; this is something he has been born to and he knows no other way of life. I am certain that he (among others of his background) would have no idea on how to handle making that kind of break and then basically starting afresh as a non-official royal. It might in fact cause a huge amount of trauma.

As his consort she'll be bound by protocol and culture to walk two steps behind him and address him as "Sir" in public and in front of others at events.

As the wife of someone who has been moved down to fifth in line, hse will have to defer to HM, Charles, Camilla, William, and Kate; likely to the two York princesses who are born blood princesses and are thus higher in rank.

This is not a world or culture based on equality and I do believe that it is something that Meg might in fact have serious problems adjusting to.

I think many of these protocols have been relaxed as of late. I haven't really noticed Kate walking two paces behind William and at times have seen her precede him when on official engagements. I don't see Harry either as being a stickler for her calling him "Sir" whether in private or public either. Then again, I've not seriously looked for examples of it either. The younger royals seem to be much more relaxed as far as "rank and file" goes although there will be times that they do have to strictly adhere to protocol when demanded.

I don't think Meghan will have much of a problem with these things as, from what I see, if and when they do marry, first and foremost they'll be a team and support each other strongly in everything. Some things such as protocol are just that protocol. Like a man removing his hat in church or a woman dressing respectably for church. Its what you do.

Meghan has been an advocate for women in the past but I don't really see it as a woman's libber kind of feminism but standing up for what women need such as personal hygiene considerations in India and education and perhaps equal pay in the workforce. Serious matters that affect the life and lifestyles of all women.

That's my take on it and can be totally wrong and she'd mind the protocols and rigors of royal life. I just don't know.

I also think that Harry could and would adjust to being "Joe Public" easier than most other members of the British royal family. He's known to be most at ease and comfortable when he's with people that treat him as just a regular "mate" such as he was accorded in the military. He's not one to believe that each and every person should defer to him as he's a Prince of the UK from what I've seen.

Last edited:
Yes, that does make sense, and they would be able to spend some hours together on the wedding day in that scenario.

However, Harry was photographed earlier in the day in his shirt sleeves and morning waistcoat, driving AWAY from Enfield House at a time when the champagne and cake reception was taking place there. Some people have said that William was in the back of the car. What was all that about if Harry and Meghan were based in a suite at Engelfield House?

Also surely it would be a bit mean to have someone shut away in a suite in a house where there was a noisy and cheerful reception going on downstairs to which she was not invited.

As far as protocol is concerned I don't believe that Kate has ever called William 'Sir' in public or in private ever in her life, nor does she on many occasions walk two steps behind.

Also Sophie has to defer to HM, Charles, Camilla and at times to the York princesses, now. I don't see that has caused her a huge amount of angst. When Charles is King Sophie will have to defer to both Kate and to Meghan (if she and Harry marry) so it's all in the natural progression of things isn't it?

Reactions: hel
The press has been wrong about mostly everything dealing with this wedding. They have changed their story and contradicted themselves on where Meghan was about 3 times now. They have no clue. It seems they are just throwing out stories and hoping one of them is true.

Yes, that does make sense, and they would be able to spend some hours together on the wedding day in that scenario.

However, Harry was photographed earlier in the day in his shirt sleeves and morning waistcoat, driving AWAY from Enfield House at a time when the champagne and cake reception was taking place there. Some people have said that William was in the back of the car. What was all that about if Harry and Meghan were based in a suite at Engelfield House?

Also surely it would be a bit mean to have someone shut away in a suite in a house where there was a noisy and cheerful reception going on downstairs to which she was not invited.

Why would William be in the car with Harry and the RPO? William had his own car. He probably drove Kate and the kids back to the Middletons' house after the reception. George and Charlotte would need car seats.

Whisking the kids away back to Nanny Maria is the scenario that makes the most sense to me. The kids would be able to be themselves, wear their play clothes and nap while mom and dad enjoyed the wedding festivities.

And... who better to take the kids than good ol' Uncle Harry driving them there while Dad takes charge in the back seat. :D

Whisking the kids away back to Nanny Maria is the scenario that makes the most sense to me. The kids would be able to be themselves, wear their play clothes and nap while mom and dad enjoyed the wedding festivities.

And... who better to take the kids than good ol' Uncle Harry driving them there while Dad takes charge in the back seat. :D

Nanny Maria was at the church, so it stands to reason that she went to Englefield House to tend to the children. Surely there was a driver to take Maria & the kids back to the Middletons' house, and if so, neither prince would be needed for either driving or child minding purposes. Unless they just wanted a break for a few minutes, which I can certainly understand. Families are great, but sometimes you just need to get away :lol:

The kids needed to be at Engelfield after church to take the pictures. The Harry and RPO picture shows up in the afternoon way before the evening party. Even if Nanny Maria takes the kids back or they were in Buckleberry before and didn't come with their parents, William and Kate would still need to drive back to Kate's parents and we know they have their own car. Harry isn't necessarily staying at Kate's parents prior to the evening party but the Cambridges sure are.

No way was Harry driving the kids.

The kids needed to be at Engelfield after church to take the pictures. The Harry and RPO picture shows up in the afternoon way before the evening party. Even if Nanny Maria takes the kids back or they were in Buckleberry before and didn't come with their parents, William and Kate would still need to drive back to Kate's parents and we know they have their own car. Harry isn't necessarily staying at Kate's parents prior to the evening party but the Cambridges sure are.

No way was Harry driving the kids.

Exactly. So we still don't know why Harry was driving from Englefield at the time the reception was happening. Maybe Meghan realized she forgot to pack mascara, so Harry was going to the nearest pharmacy :D I wonder if he snuck a piece of wedding cake and a glass of champagne to her in their suite.

I think this is an interesting idea. However, it's not practical for the BRF. If the partner plan could have occurred, I think Charles and Camilla would stayed unmarried. Of course that was years ago, but I think the same rules apply. Long-term relationships in the BRF should occur within marriage. So, I think Harry and Meghan will likely get engaged by the end of the year (or beginning of next year) or go their separate ways. Just my opinion.

If they never marry and are just partners, any kids would not be in line of succession nor would they be able to inherit Harry's titles if given or use any courtesy titles. Plus it looks bad, if the son of Head of the Church of England isn't married with kids out of wedlock. The daughter of Princess Alexandra still got married when she became pregnant beforehand. Some of the Lascelles are born out of wedlock but they are way down the line, not the son and brother of the future Kings.

The "equal partner" comment was made (I believe) in reference to a "what if Harry and Meghan don't marry" type scenario - would Meghan as long term unmarried partner of Harry be equal to Meghan as wife of Harry? Which of course, the answer is no.

That said, the protocol you say exists for the spouse of a royal... I don't think it exists. We don't see Kate deliberately walking behind William - or Camilla going so with Charles, or Sophie with Edward, or the DoE with the Queen. I mean, yes, the spouses let the royal do any greetings first, but after that they tend to be walking with their spouse, not behind them. And I don't think we've ever once seen Kate, Camilla, Sophie, or the DoE refer to their spouse as sir/ma'am while in public.

I think this is an interesting idea. However, it's not practical for the BRF. If the partner plan could have occurred, I think Charles and Camilla would stayed unmarried. Of course that was years ago, but I think the same rules apply. Long-term relationships in the BRF should occur within marriage. So, I think Harry and Meghan will likely get engaged by the end of the year (or beginning of next year) or go their separate ways. Just my opinion.

I don't think Charles wanted the partner plan, and that's why it didn't happen there - well, not forever, as he and Camilla were together and unmarried to others for about 10 years before they married.

I do often think Andrew and Sarah have somewhat of a partner plan going on now - I'm not certain that they're monogamous, but I certainly think they're "together" in a way that works for them, without them being married (again).

There are others in the family I could see having somewhat of a partner plan as well - neither Beatrice nor Eugenie seem in a rush to get married, and while Beatrice is now single, Eugenie has been with Jack for six years or so.

And of course looking into history, the sons of George III were somewhat notorious for avoiding marriage and having long term relationships with women their father wouldn't let them marry.

After watching royal girlfriends all these years...I think it's safe to say it's not easy being a royal girlfriend. With being married in the royal gilded cage, there's still more freedom than being the royal girlfriend.

The "equal partner" comment was made (I believe) in reference to a "what if Harry and Meghan don't marry" type scenario - would Meghan as long term unmarried partner of Harry be equal to Meghan as wife of Harry? Which of course, the answer is no.

That said, the protocol you say exists for the spouse of a royal... I don't think it exists. We don't see Kate deliberately walking behind William - or Camilla going so with Charles, or Sophie with Edward, or the DoE with the Queen. I mean, yes, the spouses let the royal do any greetings first, but after that they tend to be walking with their spouse, not behind them. And I don't think we've ever once seen Kate, Camilla, Sophie, or the DoE refer to their spouse as sir/ma'am while in public.

Bit in bold: that's exactly what I meant, you explained it much better. Thank you!

Lainey Imo, again, is absolutely correct with this article.
Meghan Markle kept a low profile at Pippa's wedding with Prince Harry

To a certain extent, I think the questions about whether Pippa invited Meghan to the ceremony or if anyone was concerned about upstaging are a little bit beside the point. Quite frankly, I just don't think Harry and Meghan seem to be quite ready for an outing where they're properly photographed in a somewhat formal capacity.

What we've seen from them so far, photo wise:
-One or the other alone, totally ignoring cameras, in casual/everyday mode but in places where he/she would only be if visiting the other (Meghan coming back to KP with groceries, Meghan at the airport, Harry arriving at her home in Toronto)
-The pair together, holding hands, but still dressed quite casually in an everyday sort of mode, not hiding but not seeming fully inviting of the attention from the photographers (headed to or from entertainment in London)
-grainy, long-lens shots of them at the wedding in Jamaica (which seem to have been higher quality photos than the pair assumed would be possible for paparazzi to get at that venue) or kissing between cars at the polo match
-a single instance of Meghan dressing up to participate in a Harry-related social event, but without Harry

Things are ramping up, but given the pace they seem to have chosen, I wouldn't find it at all surprising if they weren't quite ready for the next step up in embracing the press until Meghan's had a few more solo photo ops like the one on the viewing stand at the polo match.

Seeing now just how close Pippa decided to let the photo gaggle get and how many clear, close shots they managed to get of wedding guests of interest, it just seems to me that it would have been skipping ahead a little in terms of Harry and Meghan's tightly controlled dance with the press.

The more I've read, the more I'm coming to realize that whether or not Meghan was invited to the wedding ceremony isn't really pointing to anything because, when we think about it, there were other people that James and Pippa invited to the evening party and not the actual ceremony. Does attending only the evening party make a guest less important than those that attended the ceremony? I don't think so.

We've seen the interior of the church and we've seen the size of the glass structure set up for the party. Its obvious to me that the size of the crowds for each event was different.

Meghan wasn't being singled out nor was she anything else than someone that Pippa and James invited, along with other people they wanted to be there, to the larger evening party.

We will never know the particulars of the ins and outs and the whys and wherefores of how the day actually went and I'd just like to think that everything went very smoothly and it was the perfect day and the perfect wedding for Pippa and James. In the long run, that actually is all that matters.

If it is true that Meghan didn't go to the wedding to avoid upstaging the bride, then it would sound to me like a very arrogant assumption on Meghan's part and a very rude thing to do, especially if her reasons for not going were leaked to press. I doubt that is true though.

To a certain extent, I think the questions about whether Pippa invited Meghan to the ceremony or if anyone was concerned about upstaging are a little bit beside the point. Quite frankly, I just don't think Harry and Meghan seem to be quite ready for an outing where they're properly photographed in a somewhat formal capacity.

What we've seen from them so far, photo wise:
-One or the other alone, totally ignoring cameras, in casual/everyday mode but in places where he/she would only be if visiting the other (Meghan coming back to KP with groceries, Meghan at the airport, Harry arriving at her home in Toronto)
-The pair together, holding hands, but still dressed quite casually in an everyday sort of mode, not hiding but not seeming fully inviting of the attention from the photographers (headed to or from entertainment in London)
-grainy, long-lens shots of them at the wedding in Jamaica (which seem to have been higher quality photos than the pair assumed would be possible for paparazzi to get at that venue) or kissing between cars at the polo match
-a single instance of Meghan dressing up to participate in a Harry-related social event, but without Harry

Things are ramping up, but given the pace they seem to have chosen, I wouldn't find it at all surprising if they weren't quite ready for the next step up in embracing the press until Meghan's had a few more solo photo ops like the one on the viewing stand at the polo match.

Seeing now just how close Pippa decided to let the photo gaggle get and how many clear, close shots they managed to get of wedding guests of interest, it just seems to me that it would have been skipping ahead a little in terms of Harry and Meghan's tightly controlled dance with the press.

If it is true that Meghan didn't go to the wedding to avoid upstaging the bride, then it would sound to me like a very arrogant assumption on Meghan's part and a very rude thing to do, especially if her reasons for not going were leaked to press. I doubt that is true though.

I think it is being realistic or pragmatic, rather than an arrogant assumption.

I think I tend to agree with the poster that said Harry and Meghan are not ready to be photographed "officially" as a couple. William and Kate attended weddings together before they were engaged, but never arrived together to be photographed as a couple until just before they announced their engagement.

I think it is being realistic or pragmatic, rather than an arrogant assumption.

I think I tend to agree with the poster that said Harry and Meghan are not ready to be photographed "officially" as a couple. William and Kate attended weddings together before they were engaged, but never arrived together to be photographed as a couple until just before they announced their engagement.
I agree. Leading up to the wedding Meghan was all over the press. The Sun called Pippa's wedding "The Wedding of the Rears" with an enlarged photo of Meghan's toned booty/bum/butt on the front cover. Social media was all abuzz over what she would be wearing etc.

Meghan would have unintentionally steal the spotlight by her presence alone.
It was a very mature and conscious decision for her to lay low and let Pippa have her day.[emoji2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom