Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, this must be cultural. If I don't know an individual well if enough they will not receive an invite to my wedding. A wedding invitation usually includes the reception afterwards.
I don't understand the concept of inviting someone to one event but not the other.
Furthermore a church is a public place and anyone really is free to attend. Moreover, if I don't feel comfortable inviting you to the ceremony why would I invite you to the reception where there is food, music, and people letting there hair down and having fun?![emoji19]

She wouldn't of gotten a personal invite to the reception. She (if she's going to the other events) would be going as a plus 1 to Harry.

LaRae

This does not make sense. Isn't the big reception at the Middleton mansion with the glass marquee.... Etc? So why would he have to pick her up if he was going to be there anyway. He would simply meet her at the reception.

The link earlier said she was in London, and Harry was going there to get her.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
The link earlier said she was in London, and Harry was going there to get her.

LaRae
No, the link said that the couple left KP together and Meghan was likely to be dropped off at the Middleton home.

The long and short of it is that no one knows and the media speculations aren't making sense.

Meghan was likely to be dropped off at the Middleton home.

Which made/makes NO sense... what was she supposed to do with herself, alone, in an unfamiliar house with NOBODY but frantic caterers running about ? Make the sandwiches ?

Last edited:
People.com were the only ones reporting for several weeks now that Meghan would only attend the evening reception. They have been consistent & have been proved right.
Unfortunately after the Polo some media outlets got ahead of themselves & started to report that she will be attending the whole event. This has now proven to be nonsense.

People seems to have gotten it right so far & according to them Meghan remained in London & Harry is now on his way to pick her up. They even have a picture of Harry leaving in his car
Where Meghan Markle Was During Pippa Middleton's Wedding

Which made/makes NO sense... what was she supposed to do with herself, alone, in a house with NOBODY but frantic caterers running about ? Make the sandwiches ?
:flowers:

The Matthews family is very hotel oriented :eek: and our Pippa has caught herself a well situated party:flowers: I think that the Prince has brought his Meghan to a nearby hotel to ready herself for the evening's festivities and will use that as a home base for the weekend.:cool:

I think you may very well be right, gerry. Meghan would be much more comfy there and it would be an overnight stay.

No, the link said that the couple left KP together and Meghan was likely to be dropped off at the Middleton home.

The long and short of it is that no one knows and the media speculations aren't making sense.

There was a link in a different thread that indicated she was in London.

LaRae

It is possible that Harry would drive clear back to London for Meghan, but it makes more sense that he dropped her somewhere on the way to Bucklebury. Harry would have a 2 1/2 to 3 hour trip to collect her from London after the ceremony.

My guess is ..small private wedding and she knows neither of the parties marrying. Makes sense that she would attend the reception/party but not the wedding.

LaRae

Except that Harry and Meghan recently attended a wedding in which Meghan knew neither of the parties marrying. I think there is more to this one. Not sure exactly what but all the conflicting media reports has me wondering...

To be frank though, I'm still trying to figure out why Harry attended the wedding. He doesn't seems particularly close to Middletons and with Meghan in town but not attending, it just seems especially weird for him to be there. I mean, Meghan travels to London to spend time with Harry but stays behind while he attends a wedding and (reportedly) waits for him to pick her up for a reception to said wedding she didn't attend? :ermm: I'm sorry but NO. :lol: I don't think I could go for that...I'd just feel uncomfortable/weird about it all. But perhaps Meghan is just fine with it. If she's willing to deal with these kind of weird situations, then good for her, I guess.

Last edited:
The constraint was likely the size of the church so not everyone invited could bring a guest to the church but could bring a guest to one or both of the other events and from there it was Meghan's choice to make the trip knowing she would not be able to attend all of the wedding events.

The no ring no bring policy was something made up by the media. There were some couples who arrived at the ceremony who are neither engaged or married, e.g. Princess Eugenie & bf, Lady Gabriella Windsor & bf, James Middleton & gf. So it would be very odd if the 5th in line to the throne was not given a plus one.

My theory is that both Meghan & Harry decided it was best if she didn't show up to the ceremony where the media would be because of the hysteria surrounding the couple. Anytime they are spotted at a public event it will only crank up engagement talks as we saw with the Polo. The endless speculation must be driving them nuts & putting unnecessary pressure on them. Anyone whose been in a relationship knows how frustrating it can be when relatives & friends are constantly speculating about the status of your relationship. So imagine what it's like for H&M with the worlds attention on them.

I for one am glad that Meghan was a no show at the ceremony purely to give the couple some breathing space. Engagement talks began for this couple when they had only been together for a matter of months. I too have been guilty of it but I take it all back! Let us just enjoy watching them grow as a couple

The constraint was likely the size of the church so not everyone invited could bring a guest to the church but could bring a guest to one or both of the other events and from there it was Meghan's choice to make the trip knowing she would not be able to attend all of the wedding events.

Well I can imagine that she perhaps didn't want to make a fuss about it or decline to see Harry because she wasn't invited to the wedding. But again, that doesn't explain why Harry was even there or why he would be ok with it all. From what we know or what has been reported, I'm just baffled by a lot of things here.

Well at least Harry will have Meghan with him at the receptions. She'll get to meet the Middleton's and all the other guest. I'm happy for him. It's better having someone to share your life with.

I still think that the reason Meghan wasn't at the wedding ceremony itself was because she was a late addition. At the time of engagement, there was no one in Harry's life that could have been considered as being a good candidate for his +1. The church only held so many people and adding Meghan to the festivities called for only attending the after festivities where there was room to squeeze her in with Harry.

All the other +1s that attended the ceremony were together when the engagement was announced.

At least that's my take on it.

I can believe that people like Jack, Eugenie's boyfriend and Donna, James's girlfriend got their own invitations and were not necessarily "plus ones".

ETA:
I still think that the reason Meghan wasn't at the wedding ceremony itself was because she was a late addition. At the time of engagement, there was no one in Harry's life that could have been considered as being a good candidate for his +1. The church only held so many people and adding Meghan to the festivities called for only attending the after festivities where there was room to squeeze her in with Harry.

All the other +1s that attended the ceremony were together when the engagement was announced.

This makes sense as well.

Last edited:
All of you listening to the media should learn your lesson. None of the media outlets had a direct link to Pippa or James to know what was going on. They made up crap and you believed it.

This is a lot of pressure on a very new relationship. :flowers: I'd say don't assume anything. One never knows even with those one knows, how much more with this relationship, which is pretty much a total unknown.

I think Meghan and Harry thought it was just not worth the extra chaos her attendance would create. Meghan wasn't in the picture when the engagement was announced and lot has happened since.

It was a lovely wedding and Harry and Meghan have the party to get all cosy and close.

My theory is that both Meghan & Harry decided it was best if she didn't show up to the ceremony where the media would be because of the hysteria surrounding the couple. Anytime they are spotted at a public event it will only crank up engagement talks as we saw with the Polo. The endless speculation must be driving them nuts & putting unnecessary pressure on them. Anyone whose been in a relationship knows how frustrating it can be when relatives & friends are constantly speculating about the status of your relationship. So imagine what it's like for H&M with the worlds attention on them.

Your theory seems the most plausible to me. :flowers:

Meghan traveled to Jamaica to attend a wedding with Harry with even less notice, and that was a small church also.

Any wedding planner will tell you that there are always changes to the guest list, some guests drop out & new ones get added. H&M have been together for nearly a year so I wouldn't classify this as such a late addition.

Harry is too important of a guest not to have been offered a plus one. Also inviting Harry's gf also increases the chances that in the event H&M were to get married, the Middleton's in return would also get an invitation. Society weddings are all very calculated!

Last edited:
My theory is Meghan just wasn't invited

Which means that a future Harry/Meghan wedding will be Middleton free?? Lets hope! :p

Seriously, who knows exactly why she wasn't there. I'm inclined to believe though that it isn't as simple as her not being invited or even that she didn't want to take attention away from the bride. There's quite a bit that just isn't adding up to me.

Occams Razor.

She wasn't invited, if she came it would of been as a Plus One. No need to read anything into it...the most obvious is usually right.

LaRae

Occams Razor.

She wasn't invited, if she came it would of been as a Plus One. No need to read anything into it...the most obvious is usually right.

LaRae

I don't see how that's most obvious. But if it were, why would Harry want to attend a wedding where his girlfriend (of nearly a year) wasn't invited? Why he was even there at all remains a mystery to me.

The no ring no bring policy was something made up by the media. There were some couples who arrived at the ceremony who are neither engaged or married, e.g. Princess Eugenie & bf, Lady Gabriella Windsor & bf, James Middleton & gf. So it would be very odd if the 5th in line to the throne was not given a plus one.

I for one am glad that Meghan was a no show at the ceremony purely to give the couple some breathing space. Engagement talks began for this couple when they had only been together for a matter of months. I too have been guilty of it but I take it all back! Let us just enjoy watching them grow as a couple

Yes, but the ones mentioned wouldn't have been given a plus one.

Plus one is Harry and guest. Meaning any date.

Eugenies invitation wpuld be Eugenie and Jack. Gabrielle would be Tom and Gabrielle. James would be James and Donna.

I have never been to a wedding with a plus one ever. If you are not in enough of a relationship for your partner to be named on the invitation, you are expected to come single. Has nothing to do with rings. But the whole concept of finding a 'wedding date' makes little sense. Why should the wedding couple pay for a plate for someone you may just have met.

At the time invites were planned, Harry may just have seemed too casual with Meghan.

As for staying at Middleton during the ceremony, or bring in London and Harry going back for her, both seem unrealistic. She isn't going to stay at a strangers house, especially among caterers. Nor is Harry who drove up that morning, going to drive back to London to pick her up and back. They will need a place tonight after the party. The Cambridges will be at Middleton but Harry and Meg likely had a hotel suite. She is likely hanging out and getting ready for tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom