Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm basing my own engagement speculation on Harry's and Meghan's own actions, these tabloid gossips always predict engagement. For everyone. But Imo, Meghan wouldn't have ended her blog and Reitman contract unless they've had serious planning for their future, and both are on the same page. But this is all jmho, and I might be wrong.

I'm with you on this. The actions of both Meghan and Harry over the last few months have made it clear that this is a serious relationship headed somewhere... from Harry's public letter on her back in November to Meghan ending her Reitmans contract, the direction they're headed in is clear.

It's not easy looking for signs for when royal couples are to get engaged. It's always a surprise moment and on a day when you're not thinking anything will be announced. William and Catherine attending a friends wedding gained a great deal of buzz, but it was still a morning surprise when they made the official announcement of their engagement in November 2010. The biggest indication of their attentions was when they moved in together at the cottage in Wales.

What we do know of Harry and Meghan, they stay at each other's house when they're together.

It's not easy looking for signs for when royal couples are to get engaged. It's always a surprise moment and on a day when you're not thinking anything will be announced. William and Catherine attending a friends wedding gained a great deal of buzz, but it was still a morning surprise when they made the official announcement of their engagement in November 2010. The biggest indication of their attentions was when they moved in together at the cottage in Wales.

What we do know of Harry and Meghan, they stay at each other's house when they're together.

It is neat to think that W&K were engaged at that wedding!! If Meghan is indeed at Pippa's actual ceremony, it would be cool if they were engaged to.

It's not necessarily about looking for signs that they're engaged... it's more about looking at what we know and acknowledging that this relationship has the appearance of being very serious.

There are a number of posters on this thread who have been waiting for the engagement announcement practically since the rumours of a relationship first surfaced in October. There are also a number of posters who are determined to diminish this as no more serious than Harry's past relationships. But if you actually look at the facts, it's pretty clear that this is very likely more serious (and more mature) than his relationship with Chelsy or Cressida.

First there is the fact that Harry publicly acknowledge the relationship in November, before there were any pictures of them together, any evidence the rumours were true, or really anything more than rumours. This is unprecedented and it was a move he could have just as easily not done.

Then there's the fact that we've seen both Harry and Meghan make frequent trips to visit one another since the relationship became public - which, as much as air travel is easier than it has in generations past, you don't hop on a 7 hour flight just for a booty call. You can also add the fact that Harry broke protocol to briefly stop over in Toronto after his Caribbean tour. Sure he's impulsive, but again, that's not something you do for a casual relationship.

Then there's the fact that Meghan has drastically altered her public persona in the last few months. And given up not one, but two sources of income. We don't know the details about what happened behind the scenes with Tig, but we do know that Reitmans still wanted to continue their relationship with her, and she abruptly ended it. Not something you do for a casual relationship that isn't going anywhere.

I don't know if they're engaged now, or soon to be engaged or what. I'm not looking for signs for an engagement - I'm not expecting a publicly announced engagement until after Meghan's work in Suits is finished. But I definitely think that there are clear indicators that this is a relationship that both Meghan and Harry are taking seriously, and is in all likelihood headed towards marriage.

I think that any story that says that the Queen "has given her permission" should be taken with a Dead Sea's worth of salt.

For one thing, "the queen's permission" is largely a rubber stamp, otherwise it wouldn't be routinely given after the engagement was announced. Sure and Harry's unlikely to propose if he knew his Grandmother was dead set against it. And if she was, I'm sure she'd let him know well before he got to the point of proposing. But we're not hearing any rumblings about her or the Establishment being unhappy about the relationship.

Harry and Meghan may get engaged, they may not. But it's not 1953 and I don't think there's going to be anything so dramatic as Harry going to the queen for permission and being granted it. If ( <-- see what I did there?) it gets close to an engagement, he'll talk over his plans with his family like a normal human, he'll introduce Meghan to his Grandparents like a normal human, and unless crockery starts flying, they'll announce an engagement and then a date. A few weeks before the wedding, HM will meet with her PC and declare her permission. (That last part is not like a normal human, to be fair.)

"The queen's permission" at this point is the fevered ravings of a writer with column inches to fill and a paucity of understanding about how the royal family works.

Now, as for the timing of a possible wedding (again a big) if that happens? I tend to come down on the side of sooner rather than later; my grandmother is 99 and will be 100 in October... I know I consider the question "will Grandma be there if I wait?" I think that's a fairly human way to look at it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it has crossed Harry's mind.

It's not necessarily about looking for signs that they're engaged... it's more about looking at what we know and acknowledging that this relationship has the appearance of being very serious.

There are a number of posters on this thread who have been waiting for the engagement announcement practically since the rumours of a relationship first surfaced in October. There are also a number of posters who are determined to diminish this as no more serious than Harry's past relationships. But if you actually look at the facts, it's pretty clear that this is very likely more serious (and more mature) than his relationship with Chelsy or Cressida.

First there is the fact that Harry publicly acknowledge the relationship in November, before there were any pictures of them together, any evidence the rumours were true, or really anything more than rumours. This is unprecedented and it was a move he could have just as easily not done.

Then there's the fact that we've seen both Harry and Meghan make frequent trips to visit one another since the relationship became public - which, as much as air travel is easier than it has in generations past, you don't hop on a 7 hour flight just for a booty call. You can also add the fact that Harry broke protocol to briefly stop over in Toronto after his Caribbean tour. Sure he's impulsive, but again, that's not something you do for a casual relationship.

Then there's the fact that Meghan has drastically altered her public persona in the last few months. And given up not one, but two sources of income. We don't know the details about what happened behind the scenes with Tig, but we do know that Reitmans still wanted to continue their relationship with her, and she abruptly ended it. Not something you do for a casual relationship that isn't going anywhere.

I don't know if they're engaged now, or soon to be engaged or what. I'm not looking for signs for an engagement - I'm not expecting a publicly announced engagement until after Meghan's work in Suits is finished. But I definitely think that there are clear indicators that this is a relationship that both Meghan and Harry are taking seriously, and is in all likelihood headed towards marriage.
I agree with everything you've written. Harry and Meghan both seem to be working on this relationship, with more effort than a fling.

Last edited:
Now, as for the timing of a possible wedding (again a big) if that happens? I tend to come down on the side of sooner rather than later; my grandmother is 99 and will be 100 in October... I know I consider the question "will Grandma be there if I wait?" I think that's a fairly human way to look at it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it has crossed Harry's mind.

I don't see a wedding until Meghan has finished her commitment to Suits. She doesn't seem like someone who would jump ship and leave her colleagues in the lurch.

Last edited:
I don't see a wedding until Meghan's has finished her commitment to Suits. She doesn't seem like someone who would jump ship and leave her colleagues in the lurch.

I don't disagree with you at all. I just don't think it's going to be five years.

I agree that they are serious. I don't dispute that, but it's just hard to see when an engagement will come. It's always a surprise and a moment of excitement when you least expect it. It seems like the royal world stopped for a moment when the Cambridge's news came down and some folks had to come on the forums to see if it was really true.

I try not to get caught up in the speculations, but, yes, this couple is serious.

One thing we do have to remember too is that if and when the Queen sanctions Harry's marriage to Meghan, its sanctioning it as his monarch and not his grandmother. There's a difference there. As hel mentioned, it involves the Queen and the Privy Counsel. Its a formality. There would have to be some really serious issues for the Queen *not* to sanction the marriage.

One thing we do have to remember too is that if and when the Queen sanctions Harry's marriage to Meghan, its sanctioning it as his monarch and not his grandmother. There's a difference there. As hel mentioned, it involves the Queen and the Privy Counsel. Its a formality. There would have to be some really serious issues for the Queen *not* to sanction the marriage.

I'm sure The Queen and Privy Counsel would be happy to give the coup,e their blessing. It's all up to the couple.

I don't disagree with you at all. I just don't think it's going to be five years.

OK, thanks for the clarification,now I understand that--I'm thinking Autumn 2018 myself, engagement after Suits is done, wedding 6 months or so later. They will have known each other over two years at that point and at their ages long enough to know if this is what they want, IMO.

Last edited:
Someone needs to do a poll we can vote in like they do for the fashions! lol

LaRae

There's speculation that an announcement will be on Aug. 4, both Meghan's and the late Queen Mother's birthdays.

Does anyone know when Suits stops filming?

There's speculation that an announcement will be on Aug. 4, both Meghan's and the late Queen Mother's birthdays.

Suits doesn't stop filming until the fall.

If the Privy Council advised the Queen against the marriage, she, as a constitutional monarch, would have to withhold her consent thereto. However, I don't see why the Privy Council would object to Harry marrying Meghan, especially considering that Harry is only 5th in line to the throne, i.e, whomever he marries is not really a matter of state.

If this winds up leading to marriage, I will be very happy for Harry. :flowers: He will have lucked out big-time. I think marriage for Harry is more important for him than for her. She likely would be fine (imo) just being in a long-term relationship (with or without babies - wouldn't that be avant-garde!)

If the Privy Council advised the Queen against the marriage, she, as a constitutional monarch, would have to withhold her consent thereto. However, I don't see why the Privy Council would object to Harry marrying Meghan, especially considering that Harry is only 5th in line to the throne, i.e, whomever he marries is not really a matter of state.

Whoever he marries is a matter of state.

The British government decided in 2013 that the Sovereign's approval was required when any of the first 6 people in the line of succession marry. In passing that legislature the British government was essentially asserting that it is a matter of state who the first 6 people in the line of succession marry.

This means that who Harry marries is a matter of state. Who Beatrice or Eugenie marry is not, but who Harry marries is.

Whoever he marries is a matter of state.

The British government decided in 2013 that the Sovereign's approval was required when any of the first 6 people in the line of succession marry. In passing that legislature the British government was essentially asserting that it is a matter of state who the first 6 people in the line of succession marry.

This means that who Harry marries is a matter of state. Who Beatrice or Eugenie marry is not, but who Harry marries is.

I am perfectly aware that the consent is legally required, but what I meant should be pretty clear. Being first or fifth in line is not the same and the required degree of caution when deciding on Harry's marriage is obviously not the same as it would be for Charles or William.

Let's be realistic, unless a tragedy happens Harry won't be king, neither will any of his children. He won't normally have direct access to government papers or government ministers and will have little involvement in state mattters. Hence the claim that his marriage is de facto, ialbeit not de jure, outside the category of a relevant state issue.

Suits films up to November.

People are speculating that they will be engaged by Invictus so choosing significant dates before that. A romantic birthday proposal for one.

Even if they get engaged earlier, I don't see it being announced before filming is at least done. I think there will be the obvious expectation of her being in London after engagement in lead up. I don't see a wedding until after season finale anyways.

I thought I read a post a while back which mentioned that they had a short hiatus from filming in June. As Harry will be in Singapore and Australia in early June they won't meet up then, but maybe later.

There's probably been a lot of preening in the spa for several of the female guests in the run up to this wedding. It's just unfortunate that a lot of the fresh complexions and the finery looks as if it's going to be hidden under multiple umbrellas. That's English weather for you!

Last edited:
She has a killer lower body!
I can't wait to see what she wears tomorrow. I hope she wears a nice, elegant, and chic fascinator instead of a hat.

She has a killer lower body!
I can't wait to see what she wears tomorrow. I hope she wears a nice, elegant, and chic fascinator instead of a hat.

She does that and she's sold out! :winkiss: Won't think the same of her. In fact, a fascinator in hair's breath of her hair and they are engaged! She's morphed into 'them'. ;) :p

I am perfectly aware that the consent is legally required, but what I meant should be pretty clear. Being first or fifth in line is not the same and the required degree of caution when deciding on Harry's marriage is obviously not the same as it would be for Charles or William.

Let's be realistic, unless a tragedy happens Harry won't be king, neither will any of his children. He won't normally have direct access to government papers or government ministers and will have little involvement in state mattters. Hence the claim that his marriage is de facto, ialbeit not de jure, outside the category of a relevant state issue.

I'm sure the people who invented the law knew this as well, get they still chose 6 degrees of the crown to be their cutoff mark.

How tall is she? She has that long lean look that kinda reminds me of Diana, first time that's crossed my mind, seeing her in this outfit.

LaRae

How tall is she? She has that long lean look that kinda reminds me of Diana, first time that's crossed my mind, seeing her in this outfit. LaRae

Meghan is 5'7". Diana was 5'10". Harry is 6'1".

Prince William is 6'3".

Meghan is 1" shorter than Camilla, in fact, so she would be one among several royal women moderate in height (many are 5'5").

Thanks Lady Nimue. I knew about the rest of them..wasn't sure about Meghan, she's the shortest of that group then.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom