Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holiday wise I think it strikes people because it's more personal. Cressida went skiing with Harry and friends. Chelsy went to Africa and the tropics again with friends, or to see her family. None of these were seen as new or unusual. Harry often skis, goes to Africa or the beach. His girlfriends came with him. He did such things before them and after.

The northern lights were special because it was something new, something to share with Meghan. She didn't accompany him on his usual ski trip. They instead took a personal trip. And considering her pre Harry love of the northern lights, has led people to believe the trip was her idea place wise.

Harry has traveled to meet family before. He has gone to Zimbabwe for Chelsy. But there still seems that different level. The flying to see her at Easter. Stop over on way back from tour. Extra time in Jamaica. This is a couple, who on both sides, is making a conscious effort to make time for each other.

Them being more mature is not simply based on age. We see it reflected I how they both handle the relationship. It bodes well for if they marry. They already show their relationship is strong enough to handle when physically apart, even when married won't always be together. That they can focus and devote time to charity work and their relationship won't suffer for lack of time together. They ca. Handle quality over quantity.

Early-30s bride here as well! Engaged within 11 months, married the next year, baby #1 arrived 10 months later. Will be married 20 years in June.

I think Harry and Meghan have been/will be influenced by their age and place in life. I think as you get older you tend to move on more quickly from relationships that you don't see as long-term, and perhaps solidify ones you do more quickly.

From the beginning, I've sensed a strong partnership, respect and love between them. I wish them good luck moving forward.

My husband has a cousin who got married at age 40, had a baby at 42 and her second one at 44. Now her girls are young teenagers and she and her husband and children are one happy family.

One the other hand, a dear friend of mine met and married her husband at the age of 16. They remained married and totally devoted to each other until she passed on a few years ago from Multiple Sclerosis.

Its not the ages and its not always the experience but the two people themselves and how they can work together, love together and play together that binds them.

One the other hand, a dear friend of mine met and married her husband at the age of 16. They remained married and totally devoted to each other until she passed on a few years ago from Multiple Sclerosis.

Its not the ages and its not always the experience but the two people themselves and how they can work together, love together and play together that binds them.

I'm sorry to hear that Osipi. I always admire long-term relationships. HM and Prince Philip also come to mind, as well as a relative of mine who met her husband when she was 14 and he 17, and they are still married and devoted to one another today - they are now aged 79 and 82.

I would also agree with the latter part of your post.

If attending the polo meant marriage, Harry would have married a long time ago
Hmm, nipping over from the country estate to watch the boyfriend play polo. . . no big deal. Flying in from Toronto, Canada to watch the boyfriend play polo . . . that's a whole other kettle of fish altogether. :D

So can we agree that Meghan is a serious girlfriend along with Chelsy and Cressida. I think the serious girlfriends are the ones he takes public and Meghan has officially been made public attending a semi-official engagement. I still think it is a big deal that Harry made sure his mentor and his American wife was public if only to send the optics that this is serious.

If anything we can agree that the notion that she is nothing more than a trans-atlantic booty call is over and done!!!

:previous: Well, yep, except that I doubt Cressida was in as serious a relationship with Harry as the press consistently clamored to make her out to be. To me, in retrospect, the 'relationship' between Cressida and Harry seems more like a 'dutiful' fling/ brief running buddy saga. Cressida may well have been someone considered worthy and acceptable (and certainly pretty and pleasant) who was set-up with Harry by close relatives. And then the media took over with their usual OTT 'next royal bride' storylines.

The difference with Meghan, is that Prince Harry was deeply smitten from the beginning, and he was also determined to keep the beginning of their relationship extremely private and out of the media glare. Harry had learned his lesson with the more publicly intrusive situations that occurred with Chelsy and Cressida, which simply did not help the course of those relationships. The difference with Meghan is that Harry succeeded in keeping their dating status private for a very long time. And when the news began to trickle out and the media began their intrusive and harassing onslaught, Harry released his famous and unprecedented statement informing the press to back off!

Last edited:
I think the press release he sent out already put her into the serious girlfriend category.

The Sun has the first kissing pictures out. According to tweeters, KP tried to convince the photographer not to sell the pics, and they're taken from really far away.

So can we agree that Meghan is a serious girlfriend along with Chelsy and Cressida. I think the serious girlfriends are the ones he takes public and Meghan has officially been made public attending a semi-official engagement. I still think it is a big deal that Harry made sure his mentor and his American wife was public if only to send the optics that this is serious.

If anything we can agree that the notion that she is nothing more than a trans-atlantic booty call is over and done!!!

I completely agree! The booty call story story never made any sense. I think this relationship is serious, and it's the first one that I thought could end in marriage. From what I remember, we have only gotten kissing pictures of Harry and Chelsey. So, it may be at least as serious as that relationship.

Well, I mean the pictures we'd already seen of Meghan and Harry in close embrace having fun in the pool at the Jamaica wedding of the Inskips, were already quite clear and convincing evidence of Meghan's and Harry's seriously committed relationship. Those were pictures that they felt invaded their intimate privacy too that they did not wish to be released.

We already know that Meghan and Harry have spent so much of their free time living together. We've seen the pictures of them walking hand-in-hand in matching outfits to their limousine after an evening outing at London's Soho House. We've heard about their December outing to buy a Christmas tree together. We've heard about the special VIP date night at London's Museum of Natural History; the exciting and private (no pap pics) Norwegian trip to see the northern lights; Harry's Easter weekend getaway to Toronto; his Toronto detour after his public duty Caribbean trip; their exclusive stay at the fancy Jamaican hotel with the cave restaurant after the Inskip wedding. Also, the consistent reports by anonymous friends that M&H are happy together, comfortable with each other and in the midst of planning a life together. There's also the report yesterday that Meghan and Harry have often met with Mark Dyer and his American wife at Dyer's pub. So, clearly Prince Harry and his Meghan have been having lots of fun and intimate moments together out of the prying view of public eyes and tabloid media's crazed gaze.

For me, the photos of Meghan smiling from the royal box next to Harry's closest inner circle confidantes while Harry plays polo, are much more interesting than grainy shots of the two lovebirds smooching. The only thing I find at all intriguing about the Meghan/Harry PDA between the cars that was captured by paps is the tender nature of their embrace. The lingering hug between them tells me more than their kiss. Plus, the seemingly emotional look on Meghan's face when she's by herself (likely watching Harry walk back to the polo field), seems to suggest how difficult it is for both of them to be parted, as Meghan likely has to be back in Toronto for filming. And Harry most likely has other royal duties on his schedule, so it's possible they won't be seeing each other again for at least two weeks (probably not until Pippa's wedding).

Grainy pictures of M&H kissing that have been blown up out of proportion to the actual situation of a parting kiss at a polo match do not add proof of anything we couldn't already surmise. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Vogue's take on the polo match PDA: :kiss:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Changing the Rules on Royal PDA - Vogue

Another Vogue article on Meghan's appearance at the polo match:
Meghan Markle Wears Antonio Berardi for Her First Event With Prince Harry - Vogue

And the online articles are in full swing: :p
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Practically Engaged Already if Kate Middleton and Prince William's Courtship Is Anything to Go By | E! News

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle kiss and.... - CNN.com

How Meghan Markle Is Preparing to Make a Big Splash at Pippa Middleton's Wedding | E! News

Meghan Markle will make a public appearance with the Suits cast for the first time since last November, at ATX Festival in Austin, TX (June 8-11) for a live table-reading of the pilot episode to celebrate Suits' upcoming 100th episode. Show spoilers are in some of the below news items:

Suits live table read added to ATX Festival lineup
Meghan Markle, Suits Cast Heading to Texas to Celebrate the 100th Episode | E! News
SUITS Script Reading presented by USA | ATX Television Festival

Last edited:
Vogue's take on the polo match PDA:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Changing the Rules on Royal PDA - Vogue

Another Vogue article on Meghan's appearance at the polo match:
Meghan Markle Wears Antonio Berardi for Her First Event With Prince Harry - Vogue

And the online articles are in full swing:
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Practically Engaged Already if Kate Middleton and Prince William's Courtship Is Anything to Go By | E! News

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle kiss and.... - CNN.com

How Meghan Markle Is Preparing to Make a Big Splash at Pippa Middleton's Wedding | E! News

Meghan Markle will make a public appearance with the Suits cast for the first time since last November, at ATX Festival in Austin, TX (June 8-11) for a live table-reading of the pilot episode to celebrate Suits' upcoming 100th episode. Show spoilers are in some of the below news items:

Suits live table read added to ATX Festival lineup
Meghan Markle, Suits Cast Heading to Texas to Celebrate the 100th Episode | E! News
SUITS Script Reading presented by USA | ATX Television Festival

Wonder if she will actually be at the ATX festival?

I think a couple of things are important to note when comparing what we saw of Harry with Cressida and Chelsey against Harry and Meghan.

For one thing, Harry has just generally become much more careful of his privacy than he was during the Chelsey days. When they were together, he seemed to think nothing of walking right out the door of a nightclub into a throng of waiting photographers. Now, we almost only see him when he specifically chooses to be seen. So sightings of Harry and a girlfriend in public together carry a little more weight than sightings with Chelsey did.

As for Cressida, there were a million little indicators that seemed to say all through that relationship that it wasn't really as serious as the press wanted to be. A really big one, in my mind, is that she never made the slightest move towards behaving more "royal" around photographers. Her style stayed standard young model/wannabe actress/party girl sloppy-chic, she didn't make much of an effort to control when and where she would be photographed, she gave into the scowl way more than a girl with a princess-future on her mind is likely to do. However much Harry enjoyed her, no matter how into him or not she was, things weren't serious enough for anyone to have decided she merited a talk about how royals behave in the glare of the lens or how long the dating-days photos will live on in the press. Or if they did, things weren't serious enough for her to decide it mattered.

In contrast, at this polo match we see Meghan acting more like a royal-adjacent than like a moderately successful actress. This event had a not-insignificant number of actors carefully posing for press cameras as a PR move. She steered way clear of that. A lot of actors make a point of being seen leaving airports, but after just one London trip where she was photographed in the airport, she seems to have switched to using VIP exits where photographers aren't allowed, the way the royals prefer things to be done. We're really only seeing regular pap shots of her going to and from yoga.

Probably a safe assumption she'll be there if the show is doing a live table reading at it...

:previous:

Well, the news items I linked earlier indicate that Meghan is scheduled to be there. It is the 100th Suits episode celebration after all. I'm sure Meghan will do all she can to be there. Even departed cast member, Gina Torres, is supposed to show up for the live event, apparently. The reading is planned to take place on the last day of the festival, June 11.

The Suits cast has appeared at this festival in the past for Q&As, etc.

I believe that Prince Harry will be occupied with royal duties that week, so Meghan will seemingly have no relationship-related conflict preventing her from attending.

Last edited:

Well, the news items I linked earlier indicate that Meghan is scheduled to be there. It is the 100th Suits episode celebration after all. I'm sure Meghan will do all she can to be there. Even departed cast member, Gina Torres, is supposed to show up for the live event, apparently. The reading is planned to take place on the last day of the festival, June 11.

The Suits cast has appeared at this festival in the past for Q&As, etc.

I believe that Prince Harry will be occupied with royal duties that week, so Meghan will seemingly have no relationship-related conflict preventing her from attending.

Doing a table read is smart -- it lets them do a promotional event with the whole cast (including Meghan) that stays focused on the show itself. I bet there's no Q&A at the end, or at least not one with her.

Its been a bone of contention that Harry marrying an American actress just might not be fitting and proper for a prince of the UK. Just recently I came across an interesting fact and thought I'd share it here.

Harry has an pretty well known actor in his family tree as they share a great great grandmother, Frances Work Roche married James Boothby Burke Roche, 3rd Baron Fermoy. Oliver Platt is a Canadian born American actor and is descended from Frances and Jame's second child Cynthia.

So... maybe, just maybe, Harry would be repeating history here somewhere. :D

https://famouskin.com/famous-kin-ch...cess+diana&via=6317+james+boothby+burke+roche

Harry is going to marry Meghan and he couldn't careless what anyone that doesn't like it has to say. And his grandmother will not deny his request if he hasn't made it already which I think he has and they are already engaged!

So, all these objections and negativity is pointless no matter where it comes from.

I just thought that that little bit of the family tree was interesting and there was some negativity in the beginning over the Amercan/actress thing but that's mostly dissipated by now. :D

We don't know if they're engaged or not. We don't know if they've even discussed marriage and family yet. We certainly do not know the mind the Queen and if Harry has even broached the subject to her. We only know what we know and everything else is pure speculation.

I'll believe an engagement when it is formally announced by the couple themselves. ;)

Last edited:
I wish...

that Suits were a more highly regarded show, the type nominated for awards. Because honestly, as much fuss as everyone makes about when, where, and how Meghan might accompany Harry to various engagements, I would truly love to see him manoeuvring an Emmy or Oscar or Bafta red carpet as her plus one!

Last edited:
Oh sheesh. Mental picture of Harry in a tux on the red carpet. :whistling:

I don't think (and this is just my opinion) that Harry would ever attend such an event for the main reason being that a lot of them are connected to business and commercial enterprises and it may seem like Harry by being there, endorses them.

Then again, maybe not. What do I know? :)

I've been reading all these articles on the fact that Meghan has been invited to all of Pippa's wedding events.

I'm wondering if the couple are already secretly engaged? What on earth could explain the sudden change then?
If the groom's brother cannot bring his own girlfriend, how is it a friend of the bride can bring his girlfriend. ?
I'm thinking the couple will announce their engagement early summer with Meghan traveling with Harry to Africa in the fall.

I've been reading all these articles on the fact that Meghan has been invited to all of Pippa's wedding events.

I'm wondering if the couple are already secretly engaged? What on earth could explain the sudden change then?
If the groom's brother cannot bring his own girlfriend, how is it a friend of the bride can bring his girlfriend. ?
I'm thinking the couple will announce their engagement early summer with Meghan traveling with Harry to Africa in the fall.

I'm not sure we can trust any details we've heard about the ins-and-outs of Pippa's guest list. We've heard that there are not girlfriends, we don't know that's true. We've heard that Meghan is invited to part -- no, all -- no, a different part -- no, now it's all again...we don't know that any of the iterations of that story are true.

Remember too that these are articles written by the media. Do they give any credible sources for their information? I seriously doubt that they're on confidential terms with the Middletons.

I'm more likely to believe that they're speculating to fill article pages with the names Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to generate buyers and click bait for their advertisers.

We'll soon know more when the wedding happens. As I've said before, I'll believe the couple is engaged when they announce it themselves. ;)

Exactly right - we will know if and when Harry and Meghan get engaged: it will be if and when an announcement is made. There really is no point whatsoever saying it'll be in the summer, it'll be after Invictus, it won't be until the end of the year - upon what basis do we make such assumption? None whatsoever! It is not a competition to to see who is right!

I am going to try to express my thoughts as politically correctly as possible :) Please note, these are my opinions only!

Oh sheesh. Mental picture of Harry in a tux on the red carpet. :whistling:

I don't think (and this is just my opinion) that Harry would ever attend such an event for the main reason being that a lot of them are connected to business and commercial enterprises and it may seem like Harry by being there, endorses them.

Then again, maybe not. What do I know? :)

As much as I do not believe that anyone is better than anyone else simply by virtue of their birth, royalty does have an air of elitism and royals are seen as being 'a cut above'. They should not be celebrities even though the younger generations seem to be steering things that way, and the possible addition of an actual (granted D-list) celebrity to any royal family lessens the specialness (for lack of a better word) for me.

If accurate, then I think it has more to do with Harry being a prince than anything else. If he were Harry Wales, Esq or CPA, I do not think a 'mere' girlfriend would be invited, if that is the protocol for this wedding. But if Meaghan is invited and not the groom's own brother's girlfriend, I would not be pleased if I were said groom, brother, or girlfriend.
If an engagement is announced, I hope it is not until her show's most recent season has completed airing. I guess for me it all boils down to the fact that the possibility of a celebrity marrying into any royal family lessens whatever prestige is associated with the institution. However, I hope that when Harry does marry, he marries the right woman for the right reasons and is very happy.

I understand and respect that others have a very different view; this just happens to be mine :flowers:

Such as Grace Kelly marrying the reigning Prince of Monaco and bringing down the Principality's prestige? :)

As much as I do not believe that anyone is better than anyone else simply by virtue of their birth, royalty does have an air of elitism and royals are seen as being 'a cut above'. They should not be celebrities even though the younger generations seem to be steering things that way, and the possible addition of an actual (granted D-list) celebrity to any royal family lessens the specialness (for lack of a better word) for me.

I based my opinion on something totally different than you did. As the British Royal Family (mainly the Queen) need to remain politically neutral, it is the same thing, to me at least, with commercial ventures. They do not want anything that could point to the fact that the BRF prefers something over another.

Case in example. The Boogity Awards for best hairstyle on TV is sponsored by Coca Cola. Meghan and Harry attend as she has gorgeous hair. It would be all to easy to spin it to mean that Harry, Prince of the UK prefers Coke over Pepsi.

We have seen William and Kate attend BAFTA events as William is president of BAFTA so who knows? Nothing much surprises me these days. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom