Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine that HM is astute enough to take the differences in this relationship into account. She would know of Meghan's involvement in her charity work.

What does her charity work have to do with anything? Her charity work didn't stop her relationship with Cory from crumbling. Harry's charity work didn't stop his relationships with Chelsy and Cressida from ending. I see no correlation there.

She would know that it is a long standing relationship that has survived long distances and the necessity of being apart.

If anything the long distance factor would inspire more caution. Everything is fun and exciting, and people are on their best behavior when they only see each other in doses. It's the monotony of being together every single day that can wear a relationship thin.

She also knows very well that sometimes you know right away that another person is the one that is to be your partner in life.

If they know right away, then they'll still know if they date a couple of years. No need to jump head first and hope for the best. Allow romance and pragmatism to walk hand in hand.

:previous: To be honest I think the success or failure of a marriage lies absolutely with those who have entered into it in good faith. Expecting an 18-year-old to have a 12-18 month engagement seems sensible but demanding the same of people in their 30's seems totally unreasonable.

The marriages with the most against them often stand the test of time whereas those with every advantage do not. I think we have to accept that in marriage, as in life, there are no guarantees. Every individual is unique and so to every marriage so who wins and who loses is strictly down to those who put in the hard yards because "The Wedding" is just the beginning of the marriage.

What does her charity work have to do with anything? Her charity work didn't stop her relationship with Cory from crumbling. Harry's charity work didn't stop his relationships with Chelsy and Cressida from ending. I see no correlation there.

I would imagine that seeing and knowing how involved Meghan is with her charity work would signify that this is a woman that would fit very nicely into the world of royal charitable works and royal engagements.

If anything the long distance factor would inspire more caution. Everything is fun and exciting, and people are on their best behavior when they only see each other in doses. It's the monotony of being together every single day that can wear a relationship thin.

It also shows that both parties are mature enough to not let their time apart deter them from their responsibilities and commitments. Its very easy to fall "in love" and throw everything to the wind to be together. Neither Harry or Meghan has done this. They are taking baby steps if Meghan's closing TheTig is any indication. She's not asking to be written out of Suits or walking away from her contract.

If they know right away, then they'll still know if they date a couple of years. No need to jump head first and hope for the best. Allow romance and pragmatism to walk hand in hand.

I was alluding to a certain 13 year old girl that set eyes on her man and that was it. He was the end all and be all of what she wanted. I'm not saying that Harry and Meghan are throwing all caution to the wind. I think they're both being very romantic and pragmatic to be honest. :D

I don't see Harry living with Meghan (officially) and I can't imagine the Queen advising such either.

William and Kate lived together for quite a while in Wales before they announced their engagement. While yes, it wasn't in royal apartments, it was still together!

Sophie, while she didn't, as far as I know move in, did stay over with Edward on a regular basis (back in the last centuary! :lol:)

They are not youngsters to be guided into adulthood, nor is he heir to the throne. I think Harry and Meghan will do what Harry and Meghan want! After all, we know she has stayed in Harry's KP pad already, so what's new?

Regardless of the social mores of the times we live in, there is absolutely no way I can see HM instructing her grandchildren to shack up with their intended fiance's and take marriage for a test drive.

That the Queen would wish them to give deep thought and even prayer, yes that I can believe, but to advocate living in sin? I sincerely doubt it and would, therefore, like to see the reference to HM advice.

That HM is aware that William and Catherine effectively lived together on and off since they met at St Andrews and that Harry's girlfriends have stayed overnight or a weekend, is a given. I am sure she is watching with interest since Meghan has stayed for weeks on end.

I am sure she prays for the best for all her grandchildren but to imagine she is pragmatic about morality is a push...

You seem as if you are doing some pearl-clutching @ Marg. ;) I don't recall the exact wording, but I read about this several years ago in either a book about the British royals or in one of the publications that focus exclusively on reporting about European royalty (and I don't mean Daily Fail!) :D I did not see it as that big a deal to keep a refer back record of the source.

Of course whatever Queen Elizabeth imparted to her grandchildren was done discreetly and privately, which does not mean courtiers and palace p.r. wouldn't know and/or be the source of the reported info. If any part of the report is true, certainly QE was not specifically referring to 'shacking-up' at random or irresponsibly, but to her grandchildren being absolutely certain that they are compatible with their prospective life partners. IOW, know each other well so there are no rude surprises after exchange of vows and rings. The royal family has learned their lessons re Charles & Diana saga, among other turbulent relationship dramas. :britflag:

I don't see Harry living with Meghan (officially) and I can't imagine the Queen advising such either.

If they are still an item come fall...I wouldn't be surprised at an engagement this winter or early next year with a wedding 3 to 6 months later.

I agree with you @Pranter re speculative time frame should Meghan & Harry marry. It seems that they are headed in that direction. The Tig was not only a 'passion project' for Meghan, but it apparently netted her a substantial income after it took off with endorsements, etc. Closing it down abruptly and completely seems to signal that Meghan's life is moving in an entirely different direction. It's also worth noting that one of her essays on The Tig is what led to her being asked to join UN Women, which launched her humanitarian efforts in Africa, among other projects, well before she met Harry of Wales.

Meghan surely is someone who was going to be and has been successful at whatever she has focused on doing. She doesn't need Harry. It just appears that they are compatible with each other and very serious about taking their relationship to the next level.

As far as "living with each other," semantics, semantics... :p MM & PH have essentially been spending a lot of days and nights at Kensington Palace together, as well as vacationing together, no? I guess we shall soon find out whether or not Meghan moves to London after Suits wraps, and whether she will reside in a residence other than Harry's old or new living quarters at Kensington. ;) :flowers:

I totally agree with everyone who made reference to the fact that PH and MM are adults in their 30s who have had more than one previous relationship, have experienced life's ups and downs, and happen to know who they are and want they each want out of life. I think they have been very responsible about taking things slowly and cautiously in getting to know each other, in particular out of the glare of public scrutiny. Few even knew about their relationship for several months! Obviously within that time, they became comfortable enough with each other to know their level of commitment. They knew their connection would eventually become widely known. However, they may have continued seeing each other discreetly without public comment, if the tabloids and paparazzi had not gone ballistic.

Last edited:
I think that whle I is not a hard and fast rule the queen problaby HAS intimated that she feels a couple should be in a relationship for abuot 5 years before committing. and that while she probably does'nt really approve of living together, she accepts it as part of todays wolrd (it wasn't acceptable for senior royals when Charles was courting).. and probably hopes that it will give a couple a chance to get to know each tother so that if they find out after marriage that it isn't working at least they cant say "we hardly had time to get to know each other well".
She might not worry so much for people well donw the line like Peter Phillips or Zara... but for her grandsons like WIll and Harry I'm sure she does feel they should have a long preferably live in courtship..
Yes I'm sure that Meg's being involved in charity work is a plus, if it marks her out as serious minded and concerned for people (and that she's not just dabbling for publicity).
However the fact that this relationship has been a long distance one is a minus.. harry was the same with Chelsey, he didn't see her on a steady regular basis... and the relationship ended.. and it CAN be a way of maintaining the romance in a relationship but not adjusting to the normal boring difficult parts of marriage...

... I find the relationship a puzzle. Way too fast... I will be stunned (and will say so) if this pairing results in an engagement in 2017, let alone marriage in 2018.

But we'll see... The story is in progress. :flowers:

Yes, their life and our fascination is apparently progressing on all cylinders. ;)

Since none of us are in the relationship though, we are all speculating. But based on reports, as well as on what we have seen, it seems to me that MM & PH have taken their time to get to know each other exceedingly well under the circumstances of their individual high public profiles and busy work schedules. Factor in Meghan's mid-thirties age and their probable desire to have more than one child, and I'd say it seems that if they are as attuned and connected as has been reported, then they already know what their future plans are. Perhaps they are now at a stage where they are figuring out the best timing that will suit their mutual goals. I think we can be assured that a major mutual goal is privacy regarding their personal lives.

I'm sure MM & PH do not care who is puzzled, nor I doubt they are attempting to puzzle anyone, aside from stumping the media trolls and avoiding the paps. However, your comment reminds me of Meghan's teapot and puzzle pieces Instagram post. :lol:

The air of mystery and mystique becomes this charismatic pair. :lucky:

Last edited:
Now after so much exposure, she has new opportunities within her career and public appearances. Also her blog was attracting too much negativity and almost felt like it was contradicting her philanthropy aims IMO though materialism.

Anyway here is an article from Gossip Cop. This makes more sense to me.
Prince Harry Meghan Markle Blog | Meghan Markle Lifestyle Site

Who knows what's going to happen next regarding this relationship. I do feel Harry is desperate to get married and have a family of his own. Anyway, I will keep some of my opinions to myself.

So Gossip Cop's explanation for The Tig closing down is because Meghan has to much on her plate now to run it when she has her humanitarian work and Suits.

Funny how in the previous two and a half years she also had several humanitarian endeavours going on, plus Suits, plus designing clothing for Reitman stores, plus vacationing with friends etc and still found time to run The Tig.

Of course Harry's not 'to blame' for Meghan closing her blog. That would be entirely her own decision. However, I certainly don't accept the explanation Gossip Cop is putting forth.

I looked at the first word in Gossip Cop and instantly knew I didn't want to heed whatever it was they were saying. :lol:

Don't know why people think Harry would order her to close her blog. Of course it was her decision.

So Gossip Cop's explanation for The Tig closing down is because Meghan has to much on her plate now to run it when she has her humanitarian work and Suits.

Funny how in the previous two and a half years she also had several humanitarian endeavours going on, plus Suits, plus designing clothing for Reitman stores, plus vacationing with friends etc and still found time to run The Tig.

Of course Harry's not 'to blame' for Meghan closing her blog. That would be entirely her own decision. However, I certainly don't accept the explanation Gossip Cop is putting forth.

I think its part of the reason. I assume Gossip Cop wants to stop the blaming of PH. Regardless would she have given up the blog if she was not dating PH? I doubt that. I also think the media mining her blog for stories to use against her is also a hassle.

Who knows what's going to happen next regarding this relationship. I do feel Harry is desperate to get married and have a family of his own. Anyway, I will keep some of my opinions to myself.
I don't think he's desperate at all. He has plenty of time... and IMO he's nto really as pushed about having a wife and family as he may say at interviews and his fans seem to take as a serious wish. I think he likes bachelor freedom, and he is happy enough being Fun Uncle Harry to his younger relatives.

While its true that Harry is really not being pushed to marry and have a heir and a spare and it would be perfectly A-OK if he were to remain a single man for the rest of his days, he's often stated how much he does want marriage and kids of his own.

As passionate Harry is about whatever he puts his energies into, I seriously believe that he'll be the same way with his family. It will be the lucky woman that becomes his bride and I do hope its Meghan. :D

I have to say, I really don't care who Harry marries- or any of the Queen's other grandchildren, either!

I just want another royal wedding!!

Oh you and me both Mirabel. Its been six long, long years since I stayed up all night waiting and watching and toasting the wedding with a glass of wine in my Waterford crystal red wine glass.

I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas when it comes to royal weddings. :D

I don't think he's desperate at all. He has plenty of time... and IMO he's nto really as pushed about having a wife and family as he may say at interviews and his fans seem to take as a serious wish. I think he likes bachelor freedom, and he is happy enough being Fun Uncle Harry to his younger relatives.

I think Harry is honest when he talks about wanting to settle down and have a family of his own, but he also understands the importance of finding the right person. He's not so desperate that he'll marry anyone just to be married and have kids. He's going to wait for the right person.

Honestly, all this talk about 5 years is useless. There are plenty of relationships where couple dated for far longer than that and doesn't make it. And then there are relationships that didn't take nearly as long and they stayed married for decades. It depends on the people. If you know who you are and what you want, and is honest about it, it's a lot more effective than someone who doesn't.

Harry gets asked all the time about wanting a wife and kids in interviews. He can't really say no. I like playing the field and sleeping around and I really don't like kids.

Harry doesn't have a biological clock and there is no real pressure on him to get married. He isn't the direct heir, the line of succession is plenty secure with George and Charlotte. The press is bored with the Cambridges and they maybe done having kids. So they have to focus on Harry to drive the relationship drama. As soon as the newest of whoever he marries wears off, the press will drop the attention and start running stories about Harper Beckham as George's Queen.

No, I don't think Harry is desperate to get married. I think it's wrong for anyone to suggest this.

Of course he would like to have a family of his own. He's mentioned this over and over again. It's about finding the one for himself and who's willing to accept the new royal life that goes along with him. Now, if he's found this in Meghan and the couple is thinking about taking that next step together in the future, that's great.

These are two older adults and who have a great deal in common. We're not talking about two 20 year olds folks.

The Gossip Cop are trying to deflect attention from the real reason why Meghan suddenly closed down The Tig.

The Daily Mail and other gossip outlets have misused and taken out of context the postings made at The Tig. Reading the tea leaves in regards to every innocent, quirky post made. Additionally, I also believe that due to her relationship with Harry, and in an effort to slowly remove things off her plate that will no longer be acceptable for her to continue if she marries Harry, she closed down the blog. Surely, her instagram and twitter accounts will close down eventually.

Harry gets asked all the time about wanting a wife and kids in interviews. He can't really say no. I like playing the field and sleeping around and I really don't like kids.

Harry doesn't have a biological clock and there is no real pressure on him to get Queen.
very true, though I think it si obvous he DOES like kids. but that does not mean he's all that pushed to have his own.. and I tink he DOES like to be free.

Gossip Cop is constantly debunking the most ridiculous rumors. Anyone with common sense knows that Harry is not to "blame." GC has about as much credibility as The DM or any other tabloid.

I'm a little baffled by the idea that Harry and Meghan would actually wait 5 years to marry. I just can't see that happening. The longest I imagine them waiting would be two years, two and a half at most. These are two people who said they wanted to start a family before they even began dating. I don't think they need years to figure out if they want that family with each other.

very true, though I think it si obvous he DOES like kids. but that does not mean he's all that pushed to have his own.. and I tink he DOES like to be free.

There are multitudes of interviews and reports that are contrary to what you seem to believe about Harry preferring to be single and free.

Prince Harry Opens Up About Wanting Kids

Prince Harry Interview About Settling Down and Having Kids

Prince Harry would love to settle down and have a royal baby of my own | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry opens up about fatherhood during Good Morning America interview with Robin Roberts | Daily Mail Online

These are just a few reliable sources and there are many, many more. Sometimes doing a little research helps. ;)

Oh you and me both Mirabel. Its been six long, long years since I stayed up all night waiting and watching and toasting the wedding with a glass of wine in my Waterford crystal red wine glass.

I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas when it comes to royal weddings. :D

I am also on Team Royal Wedding. I think Meghan seems great but mostly I just want another excuse to nerd out over tiaras and titles and pop a nice bottle of champagne with my friends.

I don't know anything about TV series filming schedules, but from what I've read filming can be pretty intense. The only schedule for Suits filming in 2017, that I found (a schedule of things being filmed in Toronto beginning and end dates) stated that it started filming 4/4 and will finish 11/15. Assuming this is true, then I would not expect much news or couple sightings on the Harry/Meghan front for several months.

I am also on Team Royal Wedding. I think Meghan seems great but mostly I just want another excuse to nerd out over tiaras and titles and pop a nice bottle of champagne with my friends.

Oh that Team Royal Wedding sounds like so much fun! I'd have to travel very, very far to find anyone remotely interested in a royal wedding as I am. In fact, I know just the place. I'll go to Chicago to my sister's and we'll wear tiaras and drink champagne and comment very loudly and openly about all the spectacular outfits and who's who and.. and... and... :lol:

Oh tha:lol:t Team Royal Wedding sounds like so much fun! I'd have to travel very, very far to find anyone remotely interested in a royal wedding as I am. In fact, I know just the place. I'll go to Chicago to my sister's and we'll wear tiaras and drink champagne and comment very loudly and openly about all the spectacular outfits and who's who and.. and... and... :lol:
Wonderful ! It must be really fun... the comments on the outfits the most lovely part of the ceremony !!!!! :lol:

I'll be going a step further; I'm planning to be in London for the wedding and celebrate there. With all the craziness going on in the world these days, a royal wedding will be a fun occasion for the majority of people to celebrate. :)

There are multitudes of interviews and reports that are contrary to what you seem to believe about Harry preferring to be single and free.
Prince Harry opens up about fatherhood during Good Morning America interview with Robin Roberts | Daily Mail Online

These are just a few reliable sources and there are many, many more. Sometimes doing a little research helps. ;)

as I've pointed out, he is not likely to say that he isn't all that keen to settle down and have a family. That is the sort of question he is bound to be asked at interviews, since the Press and public are mainly interested in his lovelife..
And he may like the idea of a family but IMO he's happy enough with a single life. He may - problaby will - get married in a few years, but I don't know if it will be to Meghan. I think the RF/Queen would be very dubious.. and he isn't likely to go against them

as I've pointed out, he is not likely to say that he isn't all that keen to settle down and have a family. That is the sort of question he is bound to be asked at interviews, since the Press and public are mainly interested in his love life.

And he may like the idea of a family but IMO he's happy enough with a single life. He may - problaby will - get married in a few years, but I don't know if it will be to Meghan. I think the RF/Queen would be very dubious and he isn't likely to go against them

If you can discount what a person publicly says, and without knowing the person in any sense personally, claim contrary views to that public record (evidence), then you are setting up an idiosyncratic view of the person and their situation. Your views become personal beliefs, of which all of us have many I'm sure, but hopefully everyone knows the difference between our biases and hopes, and what we know in fact. Just saying. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom