Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that Harry was aggressively wooing her after they met in June (he was 'persistent'). He is smitten. If he indeed wins her, if he indeed shows her that he has matured and has a leash on his temper, and is a 'good bet' in the long haul, then Harry must advocate for her the way William advocated for Kate and her family.

With Meghan's background, advocating for change at the age of 11 (and getting results!), let no man, nor institution (however historic and compelling) get her to 'heel' (how did someone put it? not 'run her mouth'?). I will be very disappointed in Meghan if she allows herself to conform in that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that Harry was aggressively wooing her after they met in June (he was 'persistent'). He is smitten. If he indeed wins her, if he indeed shows her that he has matured and has a leash on his temper, and is a 'good bet' in the long haul, then Harry must advocate for her the way William advocated for Kate and her family.

With Meghan's background, advocating for change at the age of 11 (and getting results!), let no man, nor institution (however historic and compelling) get her to 'heel' (how did someone put it? not 'run her mouth'?). I will be very disappointed in Meghan if she allows herself to conform in that way.

I don't think she'd need to conform much- she'd have a much bigger platform to work from, and most of her causes fit squarely into how the royal family operates. No one would bat an idea at one of the royals championing women's entrepreneurship in the U.K., or working at supporting domestic violence survivors, or girls' education and empowerment. Supplying girls internationally with feminine hygiene products would be an easy one to take on as well- as well as hugely important in normalizing that conversation.

If the relationship heads in that direction, I will be fascinated to see how Meghan adapts her platform.

Lol, do anyone here know anything about Harry, his father and some other members of the royal family? Meghan being an actress and having some outspoken views is no threat to the House of Windsor.
From what we have seen, Meghan seems a fairly level headed woman, noting that she wears a hat and covers up in the sun, is essential for anyone with common sense but especially for someone who makes her living on the TV.

A self-confessed "Feminist", Meghan's site 'the Tig' is interesting but innocuous and her work for World Vision Canada and as an Advocate for the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women while inspirational, is certainly not controversial. It is to her credit that she can advocate before such an august audience with such charm, eloquence and grace.

I don't believe there have been so many avowed feminists since the days of Germain Greer's 'the female enuch', which I think is a good thing. The days of feminists being called rabid, stupid, ill-educated and ill-bred are unfortunately still not over.

For those who worry that an active feminist has no place in the BRF I offer the Merriam Webster definition of feminism:

1 : the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes

2 : organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

:previous: Indeed! And the work Meghan is doing for UN Women is to empower women and girls everywhere through advocacy, charitable work projects and shining a spotlight on important social issues that affect females, and thereby affect all of humanity. Being a feminist and believing in feminism should not be viewed as being against men.

Meghan directly addressed this topic with eloquence and grace during an interview she had with Larry King circa February 2016, which mainly is about her work with UN Women. Toward the end of the interview, Larry asks Meghan direct questions about feminism and about how her not being an 'ordinary' woman affects her activism. Scroll to 10:40 to hear Meghan graciously and articulately straighten Larry out: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtl9mnEoZUY
Meghan: "... No matter what you look like, you should be taken seriously ... I think it's great to be able to be a feminist and be feminine, to embrace both ... I don't think there's anything negative about being a feminist."

In the below clip at a UN Women conference, Meghan introduces a Eritrean young lady who escaped from slavery and now works to help other female victims of bondage and abuse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Ddc-gEMu8

Let's not forget that Meghan Markle holds a degree in international relations (with a double major in theater) from Northwestern University. She is no one's second fiddle and I personally see no reason to misjudge her as a lightweight with ulterior motives. Her advocacy on behalf of women, and her outspokenness in general on the issue of human rights is authentic IMHO.

Harry looks good in the beanie!

How nice to have the museum all to themselves

Meghan Markle closed your blog thetig.com.
On the blog wrote that if:
"To all my Tig friends

After close to three beautiful years on this adventure with you, it's time to say goodbye to The Tig. What began as a passion project (my little engine that could) evolved into an amazing community of inspiration, support, fun and frivolity. You've made my days brighter and filled this experience with so much joy. Keep finding those Tig moments of discovery, keep laughing and taking risks, and keep being "the change you wish to see in the world."

Above all, don't ever forget your worth - as I've told you time and time again: you, my sweet friend, you are enough.

Thank you for everything."

Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle shuts down blog – see her farewell message
Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle shuts down blog

Of course this choud have a lot of reasons and causes, but the first thing that comes to my mind is "engagement".

Oh, well perhaps she's moving on to some bigger adventures in her life and had to let go of The Tig.

Of course this choud have a lot of reasons and causes, but the first thing that comes to my mind is "engagement".

I think tabloids using her previous blogs to make stories whenever there is a shortage of stories regarding her and Harry's relationship was getting a bit out of hand as well. Besides, I don't anticipate any engagement announcements until 2nd part of 2018 if there is one. Suits is currently filming 7th season, and I just don't think the Brits are ready for a Duchess that plays the love interest on a TV show.

Hmmm... that's interesting, especially that the only content now on the site is the farewell message- most blogs leave up their archives even after they are no longer active.

We'll see if it comes to mean anything significant but it will be interesting to see what happens when Suits is done filming

I think tabloids using her previous blogs to make stories whenever there is a shortage of stories regarding her and Harry's relationship was getting a bit out of hand as well. Besides, I don't anticipate any engagement announcements until 2nd part of 2018 if there is one. Suits is currently filming 7th season, and I just don't think the Brits are ready for a Duchess that plays the love interest on a TV show.

I didn't say that I think an engagement is imminent, just that it was my first reaction the news. I don't know, I wouldn't be on it, but this change may mean anything for Meghan. I too think that the media speculation and the general debate over every MM's piece of writing could have pleayed a huge part in it, but frankly there might be even more besides that. We'll see.

I didn't say that I think an engagement is imminent, just that it was my first reaction the news. I don't know, I wouldn't be on it, but this change may mean anything for Meghan. I too think that the media speculation and the general debate over every MM's piece of writing could have pleayed a huge part in it, but frankly there might be even more besides that. We'll see.
Agreed. Anything is possible. And certainly this was a surprising move that I don't think many people saw coming. Eventually this would've happened if they were to be engaged, but seeing how she has another season on Suits, I didn't anticipate it to happen now.

Agreed. Anything is possible. And certainly this was a surprising move that I don't think many people saw coming. Eventually this would've happened if they were to be engaged, but seeing how she has another season on Suits, I didn't anticipate it to happen now.

Maybe she is just "preparing" herself. Anyway, I think this is even off topic as the link was posted in the wrong thread, so I'll leave...:bang::ROFLMAO::lol:

I did hear rumors that Meghan has asked the show to write her out of Suits.
But that may not be accurate.

Yes, there were rumours for a little while that Meghan had asked to be written out of Suits but I believe the Suits producer contradicted them and said that everyone was on board for this series, widely believed to be its last.

I do think that closing The Tig, from which the DM and others have scraped so many of their articles over months, is significant. I have read that Meghan earned over $100,000 a year from it, so letting it go is a major move IMO.

My first thought too was "engagement". I think this is part of her preparation to join the royal family. Next to go will be her public Instagram account.

Going by the couple's fast-paced relationship I think it is reasonable to expect an engagement soon. ?

This seems to be a step in the whole process of merging her life with the life that PH leads. I don't see the engagement announcement happening anytime soon, but like previous girlfriends I think the royal family is beginning the serious transition. That may mean MM moving in with PH and getting some royal lessons and perhaps starting semi official engagements.

It is a step considering the time and effort it takes to create a viable brand like The Tig to just give it up especially since her personal social media accounts are mainly silent. The direct social media contact is slowly ramping down for MM which is an important sign.

The moderators have decided to reopen this thread, with the following points to be kept at the forefront of thought when posting:

1) We will not tolerate any even slightly racist remark.
2) Likewise, we will not tolerate any accusations of calling other posters racist.
3) ANY piece of information/detail/news MUST be accompanied by a source, or it will be deleted. "My friend in London said..." does not count.
4) Tumblr is not a valid source - we would prefer if you all refrain from discussing matters from Tumblr here.
5) And - vitally - you are all to treat each other with the respect you would like to receive yourself. Respect that there are posters who like Meghan, there are posters who don't, and there are posters who are neutral. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Any posts that do not follow the above instructions will be removed without notice by the moderating team. Should multiple instances of breaking these instructions occur, members will face a suspension of their posting privileges.

Quoting myself so as to remind everyone of the conditions of this thread being reopened.

The moderators also request that discussion is limited to Harry and Meghan - not the antics of their family members. Posts straying away from this will be removed.

Needless to say, this thread will be watched very closely by the moderators - and we will not hesitate to close it down again if the above points are not followed.

I don't se an engagement until the end of the season.

I think the end of tig is a sign the engagement is coming and soon after the show ends, but I don't see it sooner.

Meghan doesn't seem to be the kind of person willing to sit and wait for a ring. I don't see her rushing the end of her contract either. She has committed to the season. If it doesn't end up being the final season after all, I see her having made arrangements to write her out at end of the season,

I don't see them getting engaged when new episodes are still airing. She will likely move to London when done filming but I doubt a ring.

Proposal at the end of her show, moving to London and planning a wedding seem to make sense. But will have to wait and see.

I see an engagement a little earlier than that, actually, perhaps this Summer. I know Meghan is seemingly committed to Suits for the next season.

However, we don't know whether there was room for a clause in her contract in which she could finish her time in the show prematurely. She was seriously dating Harry at the time of negotiations and the subject perhaps came up.

We really are in unknown territory here as no senior member of the BRF has seriously romanced a career woman (an actress, no less) who resides in another country before . An engagement in the middle of Suits could be on the cards. Meghan isn't always working, and in theory she could come to the UK for the engagement interview etc. without any serious disruption.

It's sad that Meghan was forced to make the decision to close down The Tig now. However, she would have eventually, but the reason for doing it now rather abruptly I believe was to cut off the Daily Fail's source for their ridiculous output of nonsensical clueless trivia and innuendo based on articles and posts on The Tig. For example, the completely ridiculous insinuation by Daily Fail that Meghan's quote the other day that 'too much planning can spoil the magic,' has to do with her planning her own wedding to Harry. That's total nonsense. They may surely be heading for eventual marriage, but that's down the road a bit, and Meghan will have plenty of time and plenty of help with some things taken out of her hands entirely should she end up marrying Harry.

The fact that even the archives of articles on The Tig can no longer be accessed speaks volumes. The media crud reverted to trolling through The Tig after exhaustive searches through Meghan's Instagram netted them nothing more to use. Actually, there are plenty of interesting pics and video clips on MM's Instagram that reveal to astute and interested fans who aren't looking for dirt, a lot about the fun, down-to-earth, loving and inspirational person Meghan is. I will miss her Tig site.

Oh well, in an interview on Sky News some time ago (posted on Youtube), Harry spoke about the Invictus Games as something important that is serving a purpose now but that won't be around forever. He also indicated that he has a lot of ideas for other worthwhile endeavors that he is not ready to reveal yet. I'll bet that he and Meghan together are not only enjoying each other's company, but are also planning the shape their lives might take in the future, which will likely include working together on humanitarian projects.

I doubt an engagement will happen until maybe sometime later this year. If they were younger, they might wait longer. But since there's every indication that they are comfortable with each other and very happy together, they likely will see no reason to wait for longer than the one year anniversary of their starting to date seriously (which is around mid-July). Meghan's birthday is August 4 and Harry's birthday is September 15, so maybe an engagement will be announced in August or September.

I have read before that Queen Elizabeth had awhile ago informed her adult grandchildren that they should take time and really get to know a prospective partner prior to plunging into marriage, even living together to make sure they are compatible because the Royal Family can not afford any more divorces. That's likely another reason why strictures are so relaxed about Meghan and Harry living together at Kensington Palace prior to becoming engaged.

Meanwhile, it will be interesting to see whether Meghan will be appearing at any of the spring and summer polo matches that Harry usually participates in. I doubt that Meghan will attend Royal Ascot though. I don't recall whether any of Harry's girlfriends attended Royal Ascot. I mean it's possible, but I think attending formal functions with other royal family members present wouldn't happen until after an engagement announcement.

Last edited:
Meghan may have shut down TheTig because of the DF articles taken from her site and twisted and contorted into figments of their imagination. Its hard to see something you've worked on for years turn into something that can be used against you. Then too, once she started dating Harry, perhaps a big portion of the people she came in contact with over social media and her blog started being interested in her only because of who she is dating. One thing is clear and that is its time for a change. What those changes are we have no clue but it does seem like she's making things even more private in her life.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

^^ Of course everything began to change when Meghan and Harry began dating seriously and discovered a deep connection that continued to grow. From everything I've heard Harry say in interviews (when the questions turn to marriage and kids), he's quite aware of the heavy baggage that comes with dating a British royal. In fact, he's experienced the downside before with both Chelsy and Cressida.

In a way, Harry's prior experiences may have prepared him for how to manage his current relationship in terms of keeping it as private as possible. Plus perhaps Meghan's previous relationships have also been important in preparing her for this one. Probably they have both been laid back about taking their time to know each other, and from all accounts, things clicked for them fairly quickly and easily. It's seemingly been the tabloid uproar and over-scrutiny that has been the most difficult and annoying hurdle.

In a U.S. television interview (posted on Youtube) around the time of William's marriage to Kate, Harry spoke about having always 'longed to have kids,' but also realising that he has to find the right person willing to take on the job (meaning all the baggage that comes with dating and marrying a British royal). Certainly there are a lot of perks too. -- Click on the below link as the video can't be played on other websites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXW3gPt1tjE

I think Meghan is extraordinarily prepared to 'take on' royal life and marriage to Harry, with her interests, intelligence, and experience in the public eye. However, I'm sure she's receiving a lot of help with understanding the ins-and-outs of royal protocol. Having to navigate the mix of personalities in the royal family is probably another hurdle. But maybe not so much for Meghan, since she seems confident, down-to-earth, disarming and fun-loving. I think she's also self-assured yet humble, so maybe she's quite suited to being the wife of the second royal son (despite the media's intensity of interest due to her background, fashion sense, and because she's American and an actress).

I doubt Meghan will have any problems following behind Kate, and avoiding any attention-grabbing spotlight. It won't be because Meghan's seeking it out that attention is shined on her. She's not interested at this point in being publicly scrutinized. It's been amazing how she and Harry have managed to keep a low profile and stump the media with their comings and goings. After an engagement announcement, the Palace will likely step in to place the handcuffs on the media and lay down the law regarding media nonsense and intrusiveness. Deals re access and limited coverage will likely be made with the compliant and more respectable media outlets.

Last edited:
Would anyone have ever heard of her if she wasn't dating Harry? Apart from the fans of this series Suits I don't think so. I do hope she IS goig to be more private because I'm sick of hearing about her..

Well, if Meghan and Harry marry, a whole lot more will be heard of her. Discussing her and Harry and how it might all end is the point of the thread at this time, isn't it?

Indeed, obviously fewer people would have heard about Meghan had she not been dating Harry - it's blatantly obvious that anyone dating Harry would subsequently be well known more than they had previously.

Frankly, I've heard nothing at all about Meghan or her relationship with Harry for weeks and weeks until the news of her closing down her blog was posted yesterday and people started discussing it all again.

Would anyone have ever heard of her if she wasn't dating Harry? Apart from the fans of this series Suits I don't think so. I do hope she IS goig to be more private because I'm sick of hearing about her..

I've seen her on suits as a regular but don't follow the show that much. From all I've gathered about her, she's not a publicity hound and doesn't do things that make the tabloids such as racy outfits, outlandish behavior and a crass attitude.

From all I've seen, she's a well balanced individual with her head screwed on the right way. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom