Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why imply that the value of the humanitarian work done by Royals, celebrities and non famous people lies in the amount of recognition and praise heaped on them by the media?

I disagree. The real value of such work is measured in the lives that are changed as result of the efforts of others, not who gets the cover of PEOPLE or HELLO, not if they are household names.

So what if it's Angelina Jolie, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry or Joe Smith from Podunk USA?

My guess is that exploited men, women and children do not care if their benefactors are famous or not.

Last edited:
I get a laugh when a celebrity does charity work it = 'humanitarianism'

When I do charity work, I'm just joe blow.

Last edited:
Perhaps this very , very basic definition will help you understand "humanitarian" work:

having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.

got it?

I just get a laugh when a celebrity does charity work it = 'humanitarianism'

Perhaps this very , very basic definition will help you understand "humanitarian" work:

having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.

got it?

So why single out Meghan or other celebrities as 'humanitarians' and the rest of society just does charity work?

1. What happens when celebrities are doing humanitarian work? They are praised as no other by the media and others.

2. What happens when the royals does it? Nothing, it just expected.

3. What happens when ordinary peoples risks their lives by doing it? Nothing at all.

What happened to the days where folks wanted royal girlfriends to be about something and interested in helping other people? I remember when one royal girlfriend was practically crucified for not achieving enough in other people's eyes.

I think Harry and Meghan will do well as a team with their humanitarian efforts. Harry has pretty much turned his reputation around with all the good work he's doing.

Last edited:
Because, it's their CELEBRITY that help bring even MORE attention to human misery. If you or I wrote the article that Meghan wrote, we'd be lucky to blog about it, or have a local paper mention it under the fold. But Meghan Markle's name got this worthy article in TIME magazine and the front page London Evening Standard, to name just a few.

So why single out Meghan or other celebrities as 'humanitarians' and the rest of society just does charity work?

Meghan, IMO, wrote the article for nothing more than self-promotion. We'll see how much of an impact it has in India (my guess, nothing)

The American hysteria around Meghan isn't translating in the UK.

What American hysteria? I doubt more than 1 percent of Americans even know Prince Harry is dating her (or even know who she is).

LaRae

What American hysteria? I doubt more than 1 percent of Americans even know Prince Harry is dating her (or even know who she is).

LaRae

My experience on social media is that a majority of Meghan's supporters are Americans or purport to be Americans and are in love with Meghan's 'story' and background.

I'm just saying, the American princess theme doesn't seem to be taking hold, in fact, I think there will be a huge Meghan backlash in the tabloid press.

Well...getting back to the relationship. I wonder if we'll be seeing Meghan attending one of Harry's polo matches? Lots of spring and summer activities coming up.

1. What happens when celebrities are doing humanitarian work? They are praised as no other by the media and others.

3. What happens when ordinary peoples risks their lives by doing it? Nothing at all.

I'm sorry but the fact that we even know about the work the royals do is because they want the public to know that they are actually doing good. Yes, it's expected but it's also good PR for them, which is undoubtedly important as more people call for a republic. And just like we see with celebrities, there are fans and people in the media who praise the royals for their work. As long as good is being done, I don't care if the person doing it receives attention or praise. No harm in that.

My experience on social media is that a majority of Meghan's supporters are Americans or purport to be Americans and are in love with Meghan's 'story' and background.

I'm just saying, the American princess theme doesn't seem to be taking hold, in fact, I think there will be a huge Meghan backlash in the tabloid press.

There are two people in the relationship and there plenty of royal/Harry fans who like Meghan and want to see Harry happy at the end of the day.

Huge Meghan backlash? I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited:

Of course, this will happen. The tabloids run in cycles. They build up a person then knock them off. Rinse and repeat.

They'll fawn over Meghan for a while, call her a breath of fresh air a la Sarah Ferguson, say "why can't HM/Camilla/Catherine be more like Meghan!", and they'll overlook somethings in her that they'd crucify other royals for.

Once they've made all the money they can from their Saint Meghan persona, they'll switch things up. They'll point out she's being too political and overstepping the boundaries of her role. They'll highlight all her vacations. If she gets too preachy to the British public, they'll say "how dare you tell Brits what to do you entitled American!". The same way they came for Obama, when he told the Brits how to vote for Brexit. Then they'll go after her for trying to step on the toes of HM/Philip/Charles/Camilla/William/Catherine, and call her a attention seeker.

This cycle will repeat back in forth until Meghan is in her mid-40s. Then she will be too old for the tabloids to care about. At that point she will get almost no coverage, the tabloids will be too busy speculating about Lady Louise's love life, and pointing out any gaffes from King Charles.

No the article Meghan wrote was to promote World Vision's efforts in India. If she was promoting herself she would of wrote an article for Enews or Entertainment Tonight.

Of course, this will happen. The tabloids run in cycles. They build up a person then knock them off. Rinse and repeat.

They'll fawn over Meghan for a while, call her a breath of fresh air a la Sarah Ferguson, say "why can't HM/Camilla/Catherine be more like Meghan!", and they'll overlook somethings in her that they'd crucify other royals for.

Once they've made all the money they can from their Saint Meghan persona, they'll switch things up. They'll point out she's being too political and overstepping the boundaries of her role. They'll highlight all her vacations. If she gets too preachy to the British public, they'll say "how dare you tell Brits what to do you entitled American!". The same way they came for Obama, when he told the Brits how to vote for Brexit. Then they'll go after her for trying to step on the toes of HM/Philip/Charles/Camilla/William/Catherine, and call her a attention seeker.

This cycle will repeat back in forth until Meghan is in her mid-40s. Then she will be too old for the tabloids to care about. At that point she will get almost no coverage, the tabloids will be too busy speculating about Lady Louise's love life, and pointing out any gaffes from King Charles.

"Saint Meghan persona"? There have already been as many bad/unsavory stories about this woman as they have been good and she hasn't been dating Harry a full year yet. If the relationship continues and leads to marriage, I'm sure she will have her share of good and bad press. But unless she does something really awful or scandalous, "huge Meghan backlash" just sounds like an exaggeration.

So true so sad Often we only hear about the last group when their missing or dead.

No the article Meghan wrote was to promote World Vision's efforts in India. If she was promoting herself she would of wrote an article for Enews or Entertainment Tonight.

I think they pretty much ignored the reasons why she was in India. She was on a working visit.

I get a laugh when a celebrity does charity work it = 'humanitarianism'

Agree! And I can say with certainty that most of these so-called celebrities would not have done 'humanitarian work' if they had nothing to gain from it.

What happened to the days where folks wanted royal girlfriends to be about something and interested in helping other people? I remember when one royal girlfriend was practically crucified for not achieving enough in other people's eyes.

I think Harry and Meghan will do well as a team with their humanitarian efforts. Harry has pretty much turned his reputation around with all the good work he's doing.
Yes, I remember it well (if it was Kate you was referring to), but I didn't agree with it.

I also want to clarify that I have nothing against Meghan and I wish both her and Harry all the best in the future.

The Queen loving british media to say: why can't HM (the Queen of 16 countries and the figurehead of the 2 billion people) who also is the most popular, iconic and most famous head of state (many will say person) in the world, to be more like Meghan? No, they will never say that. But I agree with some of the other things you mentioned.

Last edited:
Agree! And I can say with certainty that most of these so-called celebrities would not have done 'humanitarian work' if they had nothing to gain from it.

Yes, I remember it well (if it was Kate you was referring to), but I didn't agree with it.

I think many of the younger current and future royal consorts can learn a lot from Kate. She is quiet, she seems kind and does not regard herself as a star.

I also want to clarify that I have nothing against Meghan and I wish both her and Harry all the best in the future.

Right, because Catherine was in a different position. She didn't have a major career before her marriage. I didn't agree with people position at the time either.

I think the point is that people have respect the fact that Harry found a girlfriend that's successful in her own right. She's not only an actress, but also a UN humanitarian. She's not doing anything really to warrant the attacks she gets from some people on the net. She's a busy grown woman, following her acting dream and using her time helping other people and raising awareness for different causes.

I'm just trying to understand what kind of woman do folks expect Harry to find? Because if they're career driven, it's too much for the royals reputation. If they haven't established a life and career for themselves, they are a waste of space. What's the issue here?

Last edited:
Celebrities do charity work, they are self promoting. They don't deserve any applause.

If you are over a certain money bracket, you are only out for good PR. Or a hobby. Only people who have to work hard for a living, preferably blue collar, who volunteer are humanitarians.

But let there be hell if the celebrity or rich people don't give back. Then they are self entitled snobs. They live in a bubble. They know nothing of common struggle:whistling:

Honestly anyone else getting nauseated by this merry go round. :bang:

Yes she is an actress. Should she stay home and only act and not be involved in charity? Then she would be the stuck up celebrity snob.

I am a nurse and volunteer. I don't think her volunteer work makes her better than mine. But I don't think it makes it worse. Both our volunteer work does good. It both helps needed causes. And that is the point of charity work.

So it gets PR. No charity had ever complained about attention. If it helps them get more funding and political backing, all the better. Charities need all kind of help. They need people like me on the ground doing the leg work. They need people organizing. And yes, they need people spreading the word to make the money to fund what we do. Not one of these positions is more important than the others, nor less.

Last edited:

Well, in this thread, because the topic of the thread is Prince Harry's relationships, his current one is with Meghan Markle, and thus it's an appropriate place to discuss her current events, which includes her humanitarian work on issues like women's rights.

My close friend, who is not a famous person, spends her summers working in refugee camps. She is also a humanitarian. I work to support people with disabilities. That's humanitarian work. What the royals do with some of their causes (mental health access, homelessness, global poverty) is also humanitarian work.

Celebrities get more attention for it because they get more attention period. Who cares, as long as the net outcome is any sort of improvement in people's lives?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ish

Oh how I wish that I could state that you are wrong, but we've all seen this happen before.

IMO charitable work is always good, because in the end the charity or the object of the charity wins in the end. This thread is about Harry's love life, his current gf is Meghan, so her charitable work gets talked about. This thread is not for charity work in general. I don't get how it's bad, that Meghan gets praised for devoting her time, money and celeb status to good causes. It's not away from anyone else, at all.

Meghan, IMO, wrote the article for nothing more than self-promotion. We'll see how much of an impact it has in India (my guess, nothing)

The American hysteria around Meghan isn't translating in the UK.
OK, I am officially confused. Ms Markle's work with the Christian Outreach Charity 'World Vision' predates her intoduction to Prince Harry. That means that the reason she began doing what she does is because she wants to and with shooting schedules for TV providing considereable downtime, she has volunteered to spend her time giving back a little.

Now lots of people write cheques for charities and feel quite pleased with themselves so, forgive me for being confused, but why the smack-down on Mehgan who actually gives of both her time and money.

To answer your somewhat redundant quesion. This thread is about Prince Harry's relationships. She's is currently Prince Harry's girlfriend and that's what she does. Chelsy studied law, Cressida aspired to dance or act, Mehgan is an actress and charity work is just some of what she does in her down time. See? No mystery there.

As to your ascerbic putdown as to the supposed 'real' reason Meghan wrote her last essay, I find myself bemused that a publisher such as Time should see enough merit and credibility in her writing to publish her article. They obviously found the subject matter and her coverage of it sound and yet you have dismissed it as a form of self-agrandisement.

I have no opinion as to whether or not she and Harry will go on and marry, it would be nice if they did for no other reason than I like to see people happy. However, should they part ways, that's okay too. I am not invested, merely interested.

Can you say the same?

Last edited:
"Why Prince Harry's engagement might be announced August 4"

Prince Harry's engagement might be announced August 4 | Daily Mail Online

Harry watches England beat Scotland to win the Six Nations | Daily Mail Online

"Prince Harry beamed with pride as he watched England thrash Scotland in the Six Nations - while his girlfriend Meghan Markle braved sub-zero temperatures to attend yoga in Toronto."

Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Jamaican love cave | Daily Mail Online

"Inside the ultimate romantic retreat for the Prince and his girlfriend"

Prince Harry is planning to "introduce girlfriend Meghan Markle to the Queen' this Mother's Day

Prince Harry is planning to 'introduce girlfriend Meghan Markle to the Queen' this Mother's Day - Mirror Online

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Africa's calling for Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

"Africa's calling for Harry's girl as he and Megan Markle plan trip that will take in his charity projects"

"Meghan Markle, 35, Prince Harry’s girlfriend, is getting close to one of the most famous families in the world. But who are the Suits actor’s parents?"

Meghan Markle parents - Who are Prince Harry’s Suit actress girlfriend’s family? | Life | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Click bait. Because it is also the birthday of the queen mum. Another pathetic attempt by the daily fail to cause a stir.

If he really wanted to make her birthday special he'd propose on it. Not announce the engagement then. 'happy birthday Meghan, let's tie you to the wolves as my fiancé ' not so romantic. Proposing some where special is.

Last edited:
Although, no one would care if anything was announce on August 4th, because no one pays attention to the fact the Queen Mum was born on that day.

Silly passage from the DM though.

Wasn't it someone who reached out to so many people in his lifetime that said "Whatever you do for the least of them, you do for me."? The true humanitarian is the one that does what he can expecting nothing in return. If one life is changed for the better, its all worthwhile. That includes world wide coverage of a trip to India to focus on women's issues as well with an act of kindness to a stranger or donating a pint of blood or participating in a marathon to wipe out breast cancer.

If Harry and Meghan had never started dating, most likely very few of us would be even aware of the humanitarian work Meghan has done over the years and for all we know, we could be focusing on some other woman's fashion sense and suitability to become Princess Henry.

In this relationship though between Harry and Meghan, I just find it interesting that both of them have had their own areas of humanitarian work that are their passions. Its something they have in common. Its a character trait they both share. They both realize that with his status and position and with her celebrity, they both have had an amazing platform to make a difference. The clincher though is that they both actually want to do what they do. Perhaps its even what drew them together in the first place.

Isn't it much better to realize that its something like this that they have in common to build a relationship on than having a favorite nightclub in common? Or a favorite polo team or football team?

In a world where people tend to live more and more in isolation in a global community, doesn't it at all inspire us to think that perhaps we could all do more? Give more? From what I've been reading lately here, we have a lot of humanitarians right here among us that do things in their own quiet way and that makes this old lady's heart happy. Its what being human is all about.

LaRae

Completely agree. I was making conversation in the lunchroom a few weeks ago and asked my co-workers what they thought of Prince Harry's new girlfriend. No one knew who Meghan Markle was and a few of people even needed their memories jogged at the mention of Prince Harry. They just didn't care.

There is very little interest in the BRF here in the US, and the only "hysteria" is on Royal forums and Twitter.:cool:

Meghan did humanitarian work long before she met Harry,I think say that she wants to promote herself is Wickedness. Some people hate her because they wanted Harry to marry a rich English girl, even if it's boring and empty-headed

I never wanted to be American, especially now with the president they have:lol:
I like MM because I find her an interesting woman with content, unlike Harry's ex girlfriends

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom