Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, since we know Harry is in a relationship with Meghan, could we get a thread specifically about her?

She published this awesome essay in Time today to honor International Women's Day and it made me like her even more. I'm going to be so happy if these two get married.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4694568/meghan-markle-period-stigma/?source=dam

I agree. I was already impressed by Meghan's character, work ethic, accomplishments, and her down-to-earth personality. From other things I've read on her Tig site and related articles she's written, I knew she was serious about and very engaged with her humanitarian work. It's truly a sincere passion. This latest article makes that even more abundantly clear.

Meghan Markle is one very remarkable woman. I knew that already as I said from her Instagram, her Tig site, her interviews, particularly with Larry King, her speech for UN Women, her videos helping to make clean well water available in a Rwandan village, etc. And yet, I continue to be amazed and impressed by her confidence, self-assurance, savvy and her genuine desire to do good in the world. Add to that her unique style and her upbeat passion for life, and I have to say again: Harry and the Royal Family will be lucky to have Meghan become a permanent part of the 'firm.'

It has previously been reported, but not officially confirmed, that Harry introduced Meghan to Kate and Princess Charlotte a month or so ago during one of her stays at Kensington Palace. I agree with those who say that Meghan may also by now have met Prince William and maybe even Prince Charles. We don't know for sure, and clearly it's only rumor with unnamed 'friends' and 'palace sources' supposedly offering the reported information, which still makes it unconfirmed. At this point, it makes no difference. We are not privy to what actually goes on in private behind palace walls. I think what we can say with a degree of certainty is that Harry and Meghan are involved in a serious relationship. :)

Last edited:
Beautifully stated post MaiaMia. :flowers:

We see things too often through the mirror of how the media presents things. Kate is a Duchess and royal. Meghan is an actress and a humanitarian. Harry is a member of the British Royal Family. Meghan is an American. The media puts walls around people and sorts them into compartments and its not surprising that some of us follow that same route. Actress = Hollywood and alphabetical listing due to their fan base. Royal = Tiaras and protocol and pomp and circumstances, bowing and curtsying and never the twain shall meet. Heaven forbid that an actor would sit down to dinner with the Duke of Edinburgh because said actor supports a charity or that two people from different backgrounds should ever meet and enjoy each other's company. Some of the thinking in some posts here have me scanning them yet again for the words "Dying Queen" and "Gin soaked Camilla".

We need to remember that these people whether they be in the entertainment field or born royal or drive a garbage truck have family and friends they're close to and share their lives with. We don't know how they conduct their private lives when they take their "game faces" off. They don't advertise who they socialize with privately and for all we know, an evening at home around the family table with a bowl of spaghetti with George and Charlotte may have been going on between Harry and Meghan for quite a while now. Maybe Meghan has fallen in love with Lupo?

The picture has been painted that Meghan has basically lived at Nott Cott for quite a while. Its pretty far fetched to imagine that this couple kept to themselves all that time and were basically in hiding. Just because we don't know what their social calendars were like and who they interacted with, it doesn't mean that those things never occurred.

My take on it is that they've been out and about and socializing as a couple with people and family that are close to them and its been none of the public's business. The wedding in Jamaica was the first public viewing that we've had of this couple together in a social setting and I imagine there will be many more to come as this relationship progresses. Just because we don't see it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

Unless and until Ms Markle has a formalised relationship to the BRF, I cannot see why she should be accorded a thread on the 'ROYAL FORUMS' devoted to her...
As has been said the 'interweb' has PLENTY of sites where those interested [and i'm not one of them] can read about her...

Last edited:
Unless and until Ms Markle has a formalised relationship to the BRF, I cannot see shy she should be accorded a thread on the 'ROYAL FORUMS' devoted to her...
As has been said the 'interweb' has PLENTY of sites where those interested [and i'm not one of them] can read about her...

I am with you... and her "essey "in Time is similar to this one...

Original by Oni Lusk-Stover
https://medium.com/world-of-opportunity/globally-periods-cause-girls-to-miss-school-e3f9af31a25a#.4leo0apd8

Meghan’s Version
http://time.com/4694568/meghan-markle-period-stigma/

Well, Meghan's almost certainly not going to have a thread on TRFs unless and until she marries Harry so those who dislike the woman and/or the relationship don't have to bother themselves.

None of the previous girlfriends of William and Harry have ever had their own specific threads and even after the romance was over, they were relegated to a thread called ex-partners of royals.

Getting to know a person that is seriously close to Harry is done enough in this thread and there's nothing to warrant Meghan having her own thread. In a way, I am glad that things such as the Times article was posted here as otherwise I would have never seen it as I don't "follow" Meghan at all elsewhere. Knowing who Harry is interested in and close to is all part and parcel of their relationship and it gives a bit more insight to their relationship and why they connect so well.

From what I've come to know of Meghan, I do believe that this is a woman that would be a great asset to the BRF should Harry and Meghan decide that marriage is the route they want to go with this relationship.

Wait, what? You think that Kate and William, who are close to Harry and also live in the same palace complex, don't know what his girlfriend, who spent two months living in their same complex looks like?

I... well...

Ok.

That's....

Yeah I have to agree. No secret how close Harry is to his brother, SIL and their family. I find it rather hard to believe that by this point Kate and William haven't met Meghan. Not to mention Harry would of talked to them about her before that point even.

LaRae

I still don't think they've met.

The story around it doesn't ring true to me. Catherine is in Norfolk for her birthday, yet the next day she packs up Princess Charlotte and travels to Kensington Palace to meet Meghan.

Not to mention Meghan's gift for Catherine, a dream diary.

For people who believe the story, how do you justify Meghan leaking it to The Sun, because Catherine sure as heck didn't.

But everyone should just believe whatever they want, and I don't believe they've met.

I don't believe that story for one moment, but that doesn't mean that there have not been other occasions in which they could have met.
A cup of coffee in the evening after the kids have gone to bed.

The story around it doesn't ring true to me. Catherine is in Norfolk for her birthday, yet the next day she packs up Princess Charlotte and travels to Kensington Palace to meet Meghan.

For people who believe the story, how do you justify Meghan leaking it to The Sun, because Catherine sure as heck didn't.

But everyone should just believe whatever they want, and I don't believe they've met.

Rudolph, you do know the Sun story was very likely made up right? The media is always dreaming up things about the royal family. Not to mention the meeting between partners.

One thing we can be pretty sure of is that if, for any reason, Meghan "leaked" anything to any publication or tabloid, she wouldn't still be with Harry. Both Harry and William do not take kindly to those that break their circle of trust. To my knowledge, Meghan hasn't breathed a word about her relationship to anyone outside of those she can trust completely.

The Sun is just another bird cage liner that is very good at not only putting words into people's mouths that wouldn't be there normally but they're also masters of inventing stories with no credible source behind it. Why people still read and buy this rubbish though is beyond my comprehension.

Who is saying they believe the Sun story?

It's a ridiculous story.

Doesn't mean they haven't met.

I am with you... and her "essey "in Time is similar to this one...

Original by Oni Lusk-Stover
https://medium.com/world-of-opportunity/globally-periods-cause-girls-to-miss-school-e3f9af31a25a#.4leo0apd8

Meghan’s Version
http://time.com/4694568/meghan-markle-period-stigma/

I agree that both articles are addressing the same issue, but are you trying to say that they are the same?
Should she not have written an article about this issue, because it has been highlighted before?

If anything, she is bringing more attention to it, which is how people should use their "celebrity" IMO. And they are enough differences to safely state that they are different articles.

Who is saying they believe the Sun story?

It's a ridiculous story.

Doesn't mean they haven't met.

None of it means anything. People are free to think Meghan and Catherine have met each other and people are free to think they haven't met each other.

I don't believe H&M are as serious as some people think, but to each their own opinion.

I'm sure Meghan has been introduced to Harry's brother and sister in law.

I know it's difficult for some people to embrace Meghan, but, she's here to stay and eventually will become a member of the BRF.

I doubt they've met each other. Of course it's good PR for Meghan if the tabloids spread gossip about her meeting Princess Charlotte and The Duchess of Cambridge, it makes her look accepted, but that's just 'reporters' trying to keep the story going.

I doubt Catherine even knows what Meghan looks like.

No one knows for sure what the future holds and if they'll marry or be great friends or what. What we do know is they're together now and seemingly happy with each other.

I would tell you what things would be like a year from now but my crystal ball is in the shop along with my broom that ran outta gas and has a faulty braking system. :ROFLMAO:

Agreed, until Meghan becomes a member of the BRF, a separate thread about her here is not justified. However, I have opened up a new message board titled About Meghan, so if anyone is interested in visiting, please pm for the link.

Unless and until Ms Markle has a formalised relationship to the BRF, I cannot see why she should be accorded a thread on the 'ROYAL FORUMS' devoted to her...

Let's move back on the topic of the Relationship. Also, please note that a tidy-up of the thread has taken place with one or two repetitive posts and subsequent responses being removed. Arbitrary digs at members of the Royal Family and/or their associates is not encouraged.

Last edited:
What exactly is 'humanitarian work' and how is it different from the work the royals do every day?

:previous: There are similarities which is why a number of people see that as an area where Meghan will fit in nicely if she and Harry marry and she becomes a member of "the Firm".

:previous: There are similarities which is why a number of people see that as an area where Meghan will fit in nicely if she and Harry marry and she becomes a member of "the Firm".

But when people say Meghan is a 'humanitarian', what do they mean?

It seems like when celebrities do charity work, they are referred to as 'humanitarians'.

But when people say Meghan is a 'humanitarian', what do they mean?

It seems like when celebrities do charity work, they are referred to as 'humanitarians'.

Her line of work is humanitarian work. The royals are also humanitarians.

arguing about the word humanitarian, activist, amplifier...whatever I just don't care. Bringing attention to these issues is a good thing....is it Noble Prize award level...NO!! but in a world with so much negativity I'm not going to split hairs over the word humanitarian. I hope that Meghan continues on this path that she has travelled LONG before she met Harry. I enjoy her point of view and her article introduced me to the important issues.

I don't know where this relationship will go. I know if it goes down the official path, Harry and Meghan will go on to do some amazing things together. They will make a great team.

I've read that some thought it uncouth for Meghan to focus on menstruation but I think it fits with the new royal family especially with Harry who has taken two HIV tests and Camilla dealing with battered women and victims or rape.

1. What happens when celebrities are doing humanitarian work? They are praised as no other by the media and others.

2. What happens when the royals does it? Nothing, it just expected.

3. What happens when ordinary peoples risks their lives by doing it? Nothing at all.

1. What happens when celebrities are doing humanitarian work? They are praised as no other by the media and others.

2. What happens when the royals does it? Nothing, it just expected.

3. What happens when ordinary peoples risks their lives by doing it? Nothing at all.

You said it, my friend.

Celebrities and royalty serve as amplifiers for the extraordinary people who are doing great things but do not have the spotlight needed to raise funding. It all works out in the end. Again Id rather a celebrity be praised for amplifying GOOD than amplifying hatred and disrespect.

Again does Meghan deserve the Noble Peach prize for drawing attention to this issue? NO!! but I do give her kudos for amplifying the issue to her 1 million followers and for taking time to learn about the important work of others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom