Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What causes issues on forums such as this is the sad folk who insist on turning royal life into a competition.

It isn't.

Is your life full of competing with your sibling? your in laws? your neighbours? Your friends of friends? If it is, you are SAD.

The same applies in the BRF and any other royal family. You competing on their behalf would not be appreciated.

Just enjoy the variety of people who make up a family - just as (hopefully) you do in yr own.

I wonder where their next appearance will be. Not Pippa's wedding, Meghan won't get an invite. Probably the social season, maybe the polo or Wimbledon.

Although, The Duchess of Cambridge will be in the royal box quite a bit as Royal Patron, so it would have to be on off days.

My bet is the polo. William and Harry usually have several matches throughout the season.

Out of curiosity, why would it have to be off days if the Duchess is there?

Out of curiosity, why would it have to be off days if the Duchess is there?

Because Catherine will be front row centre, and Meghan would be buried in row 3 or 4

It would lead to a lot of stupid headlines and I'm sure they want to avoid that.

Much easier for Meghan to attend on an off day or when The Duchess isn't there.

Because Catherine will be front row centre, and Meghan would be buried in row 3 or 4.

It would lead to a lot of stupid headlines and I'm sure they want to avoid that.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the above considerations won't impact Meghan's attendance at Wimbledon. 'Buried' in row 3 or 4 will make little difference if it's the match-up she wants to see in play, methinks. :flowers:

Because Catherine will be front row centre, and Meghan would be buried in row 3 or 4

I doubt that would be a consideration. I mean, it would be very clear why Kate had precedence, to anyone.

We'll see if she goes.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the above considerations won't impact Meghan's attendance at Wimbledon. 'Buried' in row 3 or 4 will make little difference if it's the match-up she wants to see in play, methinks. :flowers:

I disagree. We just spent pages talking about optics and 'milestones'. Catherine is a senior member of the family and royal patron of all British tennis.

The tabloids will have a field day from photos of Meghan sitting in the 'cheap seats' while Catherine is fawned over.

The press is looking for any little signal to either proclaim marriage or a breakup. Besides, I doubt Catherine has even met Meghan Markle.

If she attends when Kate is there but isn't seated with Kate, it'll be speculated that she and Kate hate each other.

If she attends when Kate is there and is seated with Kate, it'll be speculated that she and Harry are engaged.

If she only attends when Kate isn't there, it'll be speculated that she's been told by the Firm she's not allowed to attend when Kate is there for fear of stealing focus from Kate (because of course, she and Kate hate each other).

If she doesn't attend at all, it'll be speculated that she and Harry have actually broken up.

There's no wining if she tries to plan her Wimbledon viewing around what the press might say.

When is she going back to work? Has she any other work before Suits ?

Suits is set to start filming again in March/April I believe. I don't know if/when she'll be doing any promotional work for it.

She's had credited TV/film roles since 2002, although Suits is by far the biggest role she's had. Everything else seem to have been really small roles on TV shows (single episodes) or movies... the "bigger" non-Suits roles she's have had either been in TV movies or indie movies.

She seems to me like a smart woman who is aware of the limitations of a future career in acting; she's written about the struggle he's had with finding role because she's biracial, and I doubt she's not aware that in a post-Suits world it'll be harder, given her age.

What causes issues on forums such as this is the sad folk who insist on turning royal life into a competition.

It isn't.

Is your life full of competing with your sibling? your in laws? your neighbours? Your friends of friends? If it is, you are SAD.

The same applies in the BRF and any other royal family. You competing on their behalf would not be appreciated.

Just enjoy the variety of people who make up a family - just as (hopefully) you do in yr own.

Well said. But you have to consider the maturity of some of the posters. They read rubbish like the Daily Mail, and they then see the royals as being part of some soap opera script. So these posters then try to write the script, to prop up their own favorite "character". It's a matter of not distinguishing from fantasy and reality.

The BRF is a family of real people, they're fairly boring - hence the need of 'scripts'. Some BRF members have different talents/personalities than others, but unless a member is an unethical criminal, no member is a superior human to the other.

So qualifying which member deserves to be a part of their own family is super creepy. But it's usually the same posters who eagerly hope for pap pics at the expense of a stalked royal.

I disagree. We just spent pages talking about optics and 'milestones'. Catherine is a senior member of the family and royal patron of all British tennis.

The tabloids will have a field day from photos of Meghan sitting in the 'cheap seats' while Catherine is fawned over.

The press is looking for any little signal to either proclaim marriage or a breakup. Besides, I doubt Catherine has even met Meghan Markle.

It's been speculated that Meghan's spent most of 2017 living with Harry in London; nothing of course confirmed, but it's believed that she went there sometime after Christmas, that she and Harry went on a Norway trip around New Years, and that asides from her India trip (and the Jamaica wedding) that she's been in London.

Of course, it's all speculation, but the only verified sightings of her since Christmas are India, Jamaica (with Harry), and London (also with Harry) a few weeks back.

Assuming that that's where she's been for the past two months, then it seems logical to assume she's met Will and Kate. I mean... she's been with Harry for what? Six or eight months now? We can probably assume she's met his brother and sister-in-law.

It's been speculated that Meghan's spent most of 2017 living with Harry in London; nothing of course confirmed, but it's believed that she went there sometime after Christmas, that she and Harry went on a Norway trip around New Years, and that asides from her India trip (and the Jamaica wedding) that she's been in London.

Of course, it's all speculation, but the only verified sightings of her since Christmas are India, Jamaica (with Harry), and London (also with Harry) a few weeks back.

Assuming that that's where she's been for the past two months, then it seems logical to assume she's met Will and Kate. I mean... she's been with Harry for what? Six or eight months now? We can probably assume she's met his brother and sister-in-law.

I don't think we can assume anything, otherwise Catherine and Chelsy would have met HM a lot sooner than 2008. The Cambridges weren't in Norway or Jamaica, and they still spend the majority of their time in Norfolk.

There's no evidence that Catherine has met Meghan, just like there's no evidence she ever met Cressida. She may have but we really don't know.

Suits is set to start filming again in March/April I believe. I don't know if/when she'll be doing any promotional work for it.

She's had credited TV/film roles since 2002, although Suits is by far the biggest role she's had. Everything else seem to have been really small roles on TV shows (single episodes) or movies... the "bigger" non-Suits roles she's have had either been in TV movies or indie movies.

She seems to me like a smart woman who is aware of the limitations of a future career in acting; she's written about the struggle he's had with finding role because she's biracial, and I doubt she's not aware that in a post-Suits world it'll be harder, given her age.

April, per this video (link is to exact quote from Gabriel):
https://youtu.be/E89KSoFZm4U?t=6m5s

Of course we don't have any evidence, but I doubt Meghan hasn't met Kate at this point. There are some things that are safe to assume and I think this is one of them.

Meghan was at Kensington Palace for what, two months? Where Kate also lives when she's in London? William and Harry have said many times that Harry wanders over all the time, I'd be very surprised if in two months they didn't have dinner together as a foursome.

We'll never know but it seems logical.

I doubt they've met each other. Of course it's good PR for Meghan if the tabloids spread gossip about her meeting Princess Charlotte and The Duchess of Cambridge, it makes her look accepted, but that's just 'reporters' trying to keep the story going.

I doubt Catherine even knows what Meghan looks like.

Last edited:
I wonder where their next appearance will be. Not Pippa's wedding, Meghan won't get an invite. Probably the social season, maybe the polo or Wimbledon.

Although, The Duchess of Cambridge will be in the royal box quite a bit as Royal Patron, so it would have to be on off days.

My bet is the polo. William and Harry usually have several matches throughout the season.

My guess would be that Meghan would not get an invite because she doesn't know Pippa. But if Harry gets an invite Meghan will be on his arm just like she was in Jamaica.

Meghan was at Kensington Palace for what, two months? Where Kate also lives when she's in London? William and Harry have said many times that Harry wanders over all the time, I'd be very surprised if in two months they didn't have dinner together as a foursome.

We'll never know but it seems logical.

They said Harry would come over when he was hungry to raid their fridge. If Meghan is as good of a cook as she appears to be, I doubt Harry is all that hungry when she's visiting.

They may have met Meghan but I'm not willing to make assumptions. Let's say Meghan and Harry get engaged next year, and she says in her engagement interview that she met the Cambridges at Wimbledon 2017, plenty of people here will be shocked and say "But I assumed!" They were also shocked that Catherine didn't meet HM until 2008, and they were shocked to learn that Catherine and Sarah York have never met.

I doubt they met each other. Of course it's good PR for Meghan if the tabloids spread gossip about her meeting Princess Charlotte and The Duchess of Cambridge, it makes her look accepted, but that's just 'reporters' trying to keep the story going.

Who knows. It's said Catherine doesn't read any articles about herself, but she might of seen pictures of Meghan on newspaper covers.

Also, she might watch Suits. I don't know how popular the show is in the UK.

Reversely, if Meghan didn't watch the royal wedding she might not know what Catherine looks like, either. :lol:

I doubt they've met each other. Of course it's good PR for Meghan if the tabloids spread gossip about her meeting Princess Charlotte and The Duchess of Cambridge, it makes her look accepted, but that's just 'reporters' trying to keep the story going.

That is totally ridiculous! That's ALL I will say on the subject.

Last edited:
So Kate never watches news items on tv then or glimpses newspapers or magazines or exhibits any curiosity when Harry speaks about his girlfriend? Nor would Harry have any photos of Meghan anywhere. Boy, that wouldn't show much closeness between the Cambridges and Harry, now would it? Especially as Kate certainly knew Chelsy and the two were photographed together several times, (though they couldn't be described as friends) so she certainly wasn't staying aloof and unaware in those days.

I agree. From all of the pictures that I saw of Meghan last year at Wimbledon, for the days she was there, she looked quite happy supporting her friend. Also back in July, she hadn't been publicly associated with Harry and she was still in the Royal Box. Anyhow, I think Harry and Meghan will be seen at a sporting event this year, just wonder which one? Rugby, tennis, baseball...

I agree. From all of the pictures that I saw of Meghan last year at Wimbledon, for the days she was there, she looked quite happy supporting her friend. Also back in July, she hadn't been publicly associated with Harry and she was still in the Royal Box. Anyhow, I think Harry and Meghan will be seen at a sporting event this year, just wonder which one? Rugby, tennis, baseball...

I thought she was in Serena's player box. If she attends in 2017, she might just do the player box again.

It would be interesting to see Harry and Meghan at a Toronto Blue Jays game. Harry would finally have an excuse to wear one of his baseball caps.

I don't think Meghan was actually in the Royal Box last year.The pictures that I saw she was in Serena's personal box which is on the side of the court.

Wait, what? You think that Kate and William, who are close to Harry and also live in the same palace complex, don't know what his girlfriend, who spent two months living in their same complex looks like?

I... well...

Ok.

That's....

I thought she was in Serena's player box. If she attends in 2017, she might just do the player box again.

It would be interesting to see Harry and Meghan at a Toronto Blue Jays game. Harry would finally have an excuse to wear one of his baseball caps.

Oh, I thought she was in Serena's box on one days, and RBox another day, perhaps I'm wrong? One of the days she has a black dress on, I think that was Serena's box as Serena's family and Anna Wintour shown, and the other day MM had on a white outfit and hat. Anyhow she was there at Wimbledon and photographed while never being publicly associated with Harry.

Yes, Toronto Blue Jays game would be nice. Harry advertised Invictus Games during this year's Canadian Grey Cup Championship, so maybe a Canadian football game too?

Folks, Harry's family knows who he's dating. With Harry living at KP and his brother and sister-in-law living there, it's very likely they've met up with each other. If they haven't yet, they will. There's nothing wrong with that and I'm sure they will or (already have) welcome her with open arms.

Well considering that Harry released a statement, publicly backed up by his brother, I think it's safe to say Meghan has already been "accepted" as his girlfriend.

I'm not exactly sure what to say about the notion that Kate doesn't know what Meghan looks like. I know you want to downplay the significance of this relationship, but that may be taking it a bit too far! lol

It's a laugh to think late first know what Meghan looks like. :ROFLMAO: it's not like she lives in a cave. She will have seen photos or on tv.

Or, she went looking. The Cambridges and Harry are close. They may have mot met since the couple are in Norfolk mainly. But you don't think will and his Wife are curious about Harry's girlfriend. From the statement, we know they recognize her as that. Heck even joe and Jane commoner usually show interest in who their siblings date. Googling someone had become a thing.

As for Wimbledon I doubt Kate is a deciding factor. If Meg goes she goes. Of doesn't want to lead to talk, sit in Serena's box again plain and simple

She has been a guest judge on the cooking chopped junior a few times this season I notice.

I found her most recent article quite articulate and a good read. It's great to see her continued support for much needed causes.

Last edited:
I'm on team Catherine and Meghan have met.
In fact I envision them getting together for yoga sessions (Meghan having taught Catherine the basics) whenever both are at KP & when Eugenie moves in to Ivy Cottage she can join them for a yoga threesome - I jest, but it makes for a nice story.
Wonder if Meghan's bumped into Princess Michael.

It's a laugh to think late first know what Meghan looks like. :ROFLMAO: it's nit like she lives in a cave. She will have seen photos or on tv.

Or, she went looking. The Cambridges and Harry are close. They may have mot met since the couple are in Norfolk. But you don't think will and his Eugenie are curious about Harry's girlfriend. From the statement, we know they recognize her as that. Heck even joe and Jane commoner usually show interest in who their siblings date. Googling someone had become a thing.

William, Kate, and Harry have done a few engagements this year (off the top of my head, I know for sure a thing for Heads Together where they raced each other and the Endeavour Awards), and William and Kate have each had a few engagements with each other/solo engagements in London this year. They might not be based out of KP full time yet, but it's reasonable to think they've been there a decent amount this past January/February. Which if it's true that Meghan has been living with Harry in KP, gives them plenty of time to have met her (assuming they hadn't met her sometime in 2016).

The whole "Kate doesn't care who Meghan is, hasn't met her, and doesn't even know what she looks like" line is little more than an attempt to diminish this relationship. Who knows if it's headed towards marriage or not, but there is absolutely no reason to believe that it isn't a serious relationship and that customary things (like meeting siblings) has happened.

That's not to say that Meghan has met Charles/Camilla, the Queen/DoE, George/Charlotte as there is logic to why that wouldn't have happened yet (or it may very well have, there's logic to why it would have too, especially if she has been in London for 2 months), but it's silly to think she hasn't met William and Kate; at least not based on the narrative we're given about the closeness between the Cambridges and Harry, and the belief that Meghan has been in KP for the past two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom