Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tabs are ridiculous at the moment! Harry has a minute spread of lightish hair on his chest. It's gingery blond and hard to pick under normal circumstances. As if a photograph taken from a long way away is going to pick up chest hair when he's wet and in the sea!

Interesting- do the tiers on Meghan's dress detach?

Because it's a short dress in some of the pictures.

From the additional pictures linked by @lilacmagnolia, I don't see any in which Meghan's dress is short. There is a picture of a female guest with dark hair hugging Harry and wearing a flowery dress similar to Meghan's that is short. And, in some pics of Meghan while she's sitting down, her dress is pulled up above her knees, but her legs are partly obscured by the table.

Oh, right. I see that now. :flowers:

Don't feel like a creep; it is natural to want to see the pictures (otherwise the tabloids wouldn't print them).

Well, the tabloids are interested in making a buck because they know there's public interest. But I think it's a fine line between wanting to see pics of the happy young couple together, and becoming too overly nosy about wanting to see them hugging and kissing when they weren't aware that their pictures were being taken. I don't want to invade their intimate privacy. I am happy for them if they are in love and finding that they have a lot of interests in common. If their relationship lasts and they become engaged, I will be very interested in seeing any interviews with them and following everything leading up to a wedding day. But I do think that the paps go too much overboard with wanting too much of a piece of them for monetary purposes.

There definitely needs to be a point at which the paps back off and allow these two young people to breathe and to enjoy developing their relationship with a measure of privacy. I admire them both for being able to have kept their relationship as private as they have been able to so far. I was actually surprised that so many photos were taken at this wedding, as it had been reported that the resort was private and exclusive. I suppose that money exchanged hands in order for these paps to get the shots that they were able to capture. I can understand Harry being a bit out of sorts having learned about paps taking pics of him and Meghan embracing on the balcony.

Neither William nor Harry want a repeat of the pap frenzy that surrounded their mother throughout her adult life after engagement, marriage to and divorce from Prince Charles.

Last edited:
I don't think the tabloid press actually care about facts... anything to do with Meghan and Harry is guaranteed click bailt with trolls guaranteed to turn up in force...

Last edited:
New poster here though I've enjoyed following this thread. Couple interesting articles that I haven't seen posted.

This one raises the question of where does the line between public figure and privacy lie. It's amazing to me that if these pics exist they won't be released particularly in US where KP influence doesn't apply.
http:www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1132517/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-kissing-pics/

Then Meghan herself is back on social media for International Women's Day. Posted the Time article summarizing her humanitarian trip to India. Glad to see this issue and the efforts of World Vision Canada get some pub as they would have if Meghan weren't dating Prince Harry. Felt like the whole trip was downplayed (perhaps understandably) due to security concerns and fear of it being seen as self-promotion.

Meghan Markle: Periods Affect Potential | Time.com

I love that she is amplifying this issue and the important work that is being done in India. Love that they are using micro-finance solutions to address the issues which serves to empower the girls.

What a wonderful essay. Very informative and very needed.

It's a great and well-written essay touching on the subject in a way that I never thought about.

God save us from attention seeking, self-promoting, C-list celebrities. Time magazine should go to India and interview the women on the front line, who are fighting the good fight, day in and day out.

But then again, the women in India don't have a website, TV show and clothing line to promote.

Last edited:
There's always the option to not read what she wrote. We're not forced to do it, so IMO there's no need to save anyone from anything. I also see nothing wrong with bringing awareness to this, it's a great cause.

One question. Why is it when Meghan Markle does what she can to call attention to a serious problem facing young girls it is attention seeking when you, yourself quite often bring to our attention here tidbits on various things that the British royals are trying to call attention to? Is there really a difference? I'm trying to understand your point of view on this.

Time magazine found what Meghan had to say important enough to print it. it was an informative and intelligently written article about needs that seriously do need to be addressed. IMO, I commend Ms. Markle for doing what she can.

God save us from attention seeking, self-promoting, C-list celebrities. Time magazine should go to India and interview the women on the front line, who are fighting the good fight, day in and day out.

But then again, the women in India don't have a website, TV show and clothing line to promote.

They do. There's been a fair bit of journalism done on this topic and it's been discussed in feminist circles for years. When famous people draw attention to these topics, it brings in an audience who maybe wouldn't go seeking the information on their own.

Your read on this strikes me as very uncharitable. This is the sort of thing the Royal Family does too. Do you view their efforts in a similar light?

Fantastic article about a subject that doesn't get touched upon enough.

One question. Why is it when Meghan Markle does what she can to call attention to a serious problem facing young girls it is attention seeking when you, yourself quite often bring to our attention here tidbits on various things that the British royals are trying to call attention to? Is there really a difference? I'm trying to understand your point of view on this.

Time magazine found what Meghan had to say important enough to print it. it was an informative and intelligently written article about needs that seriously do need to be addressed. IMO, I commend Ms. Markle for doing what she can.

Number one, it's royal themed forum (The Royal Forums) and royals are part of the constitutional structure of the country. Plus they don't do it for the glory but for the honour.

I'm sure there are plenty of Meghan fan websites you can visit Osipi, if royalty isn't floating your boat.

Edit: I have the EXACT same opinion of the Emma Watsons, Angelina Jolies and Gwyneth Paltrows of the world as well.

Last edited:
I don't think the tabloid press actually care about facts... anything to do with Meghan and Harry is guaranteed click bailt with trolls guaranteed to turn up in force...
The Sun, the Mirror, the Daily Fail and the Express have never cared about facts when it comes to the royal family, so why start now.

And a piece of advice to those who are not so familiar with the British press, take everything that is written in these papers with a large pinch of salt.

As Meghan is in a serious relationship with Prince Harry, she's perfectly on topic in a royal themed forum.

And I think it's impossible to know what someone's motivations are. This particular issue isn't glamorous and is incredibly important. It's a good cause- and this is the kind of work I think she'd probably want to continue to do should she become Harry's wife, and it seems that she'd be very good at it.

I don't think Meghan should have her own thread until an engagement is announced.

LaRae

How can someone be attention seeking when they barely tweet, post or even promote their own show?

She has over 1 million followers not to mention the reach the article gets from being repeated in other publications. The article is from her POV but respectfully amplify the hard work of others. I think that is a GOOD thing!!

As Jacknch said, it's all about the relationship.

If Meghan and Harry prove long-term, she will probably get her own thread.

Time to move on.

At this point, since we know Harry is in a relationship with Meghan, could we get a thread specifically about her?

She published this awesome essay in Time today to honor International Women's Day and it made me like her even more. I'm going to be so happy if these two get married.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4694568/meghan-markle-period-stigma/?source=dam

I have gone back and forth on this young woman, but this article(if she wrote it) puts me firmly back on Team Meghan.

It provides her with a gravitas that makes her seem much more than just another of Prince Harry's girls of the moment...she is intelligent, articulate,aware AND gorgeous. And if that's not "Royal material" I don't know what is! :whistling:

Good job Meghan.;)

I wonder where their next appearance will be. Not Pippa's wedding, Meghan won't get an invite. Probably the social season, maybe the polo or Wimbledon.

Although, The Duchess of Cambridge will be in the royal box quite a bit as Royal Patron, so it would have to be on off days.

My bet is the polo. William and Harry usually have several matches throughout the season.

Last edited:
I have gone back and forth on this young woman, but this article(if she wrote it) puts me firmly back on Team Meghan.

It provides her with a gravitas that makes her seem much more than just another of Prince Harry's girls of the moment...she is intelligent, articulate,aware AND gorgeous. And if that's not "Royal material" I don't know what is! :whistling:

Good job Meghan.;)

She's written other essays- I loved the one about her biracial identity. She seems very intelligent and committed to social issues.

Northwestern isnt exactly a charm school and her degree is in international relations, so she's far more appropriately educated than many other married in royals, especially some of the more recent ones have seriously lowered the bar.

I doubt that Harry will go to Pippa's wedding. He doesn't hang around with any of the Middletons in his spare time, though if he and Meghan are engaged by May/June they may go to other weddings together.

Why on earth would Meghan care whether Kate is in the Royal Box at Wimbledon or not? If she goes over to England for the tennis this summer it will probably be to see her friend Serena Williams play in the finals.

Also, same thing for Wimbledon as for weddings. If Meghan is accompanying Harry or is engaged to him she'll sit where he sits or in the stands, which is where Pippa and James Middleton often sit.

Last edited:
I love this topic . Thanks for all your intelligent opinions. Viewing the Daily Mail leaves me depressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom