Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They look really comfortable together. They compliment eachother in looks imo.

If I were just going by the pics here, Meghan and Prince Harry attend the friend's wedding in Jamaica | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION, I wouldn't think they looked like a good couple. Harry doesn't look happy and Meghan seems to be the one putting her arm around him each time. Even in the photo where he's looking straight at her, he looks annoyed.

Granted, these are only a few photos of them together...with Meghan resuming her show next month, I wonder how many more we'll get?

I am aware that what I said could be taken as a slight against Harry. So be it. I wish Harry well but I am not a 'fan', like I am a fan (advocate) for someone else.

Unfortunately (perhaps) I am always a woman who sees it from the woman's point of view, and I think in terms of 'good bets'. I'm not sure Harry is a 'good bet' for any woman at his stage of his game. He needs more 'seasoning' methinks, given his public behavior in recent years (though he has admittedly 'cleaned up his act' recently, PR is very different from RL).

When I see those photos I see an imbalance, and I see Meghan (who I do not know) in a no-win situation. All good luck to her, I say. I am happy for her if she is genuinely happy with the path she's taking on. :flowers:

Last edited:
If I were just going by the pics here, Meghan and Prince Harry attend the friend's wedding in Jamaica | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION, I wouldn't think they looked like a good couple. Harry doesn't look happy and Meghan seems to be the one putting her arm around him each time. Even in the photo where he's looking straight at her, he looks annoyed.

Granted, these are only a few photos of them together...with Meghan resuming her show next month, I wonder how many more we'll get?

I agree. :cool: Oh well. It's for sure hard to have one's personal relationship under such scrutiny, and this is not a photo-call, but we've all seen couples clearly enamored (Harry and Chelsy come to mind), and these are not one of those, yet anyway. (Feeling for Meghan right now. What an experience she must be having!)

There's not one couple who looks smitten and full on PDA at all times. Meghan and Harry seem touchy with each other, but they are adults who aren't going to sit on each other's laps or cuddle when talking to other people or ordering drinks. That would be horribly obnoxious and rude.

To me they seem like a normal couple talking at a wedding.

Always the comparison of Chelsy and Harry. Please, Harry was a boy when he dated Chelsy, when we are younger we have a more relaxed behavior, now he is a man. He could be bored with the papps, he does not like to be photographed in intimate moments, everyone already knows. In this photo he looks at her with a sweet look.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/06f55c5b6ec678a4249c5b31449d7961/tumblr_om9xkyLa6g1swd44ko6_500.jpg

Totally agree with the bolded. Lets remember too, that as time passed, Harry wasn't as affectionate in public with either Chelsy or Cressida. However, I think it's worth noting how he has had no problem letting anyone know that he and Meghan are a couple, starting with the letter and eventually the sightings of them holding hands. That's why I'm a bit amused at the idea that he looks unhappy or annoyed. I have seen Harry look unhappy and annoyed, this was not it. He looks pretty normal and relaxed to me.

Last edited:
There's not one couple who looks smitten and full on PDA at all times. Meghan and Harry seem touchy with each other, but they are adults who aren't going to sit on each other's laps or cuddle when talking to other people or ordering drinks. That would be horribly obnoxious and rude.

To me they seem like a normal couple talking at a wedding.

I agree. Meghan and Harry appear to be a warm and affectionate couple. They looked particularly relaxed in these latest photos.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/prince-harry-meghan-markle-be-9967260

I think Harry looked temporarily a bit annoyed at something. I like this couple, and I know the minute I say this they'll probably break up (LOL) but I would love to see a wedding!!

The main thing that matters to me is that Harry is happy and does what he truly wants in his heart whatever that is.

Pastor here seems to talk too much. He really gave an interview to DAILY MAIL?!?

Maybe there's a very simple reason for looking glum that we're overlooking. He drank the water. :D

I so much hope they will marry but we must let them take their time to know each other

I've never thought Harry was high maintenance ...never heard anything "leaked" indicating that either.

I think he and Meghan look very relaxed with each other...just like any other couple seriously dating. Without having a series of pics in a row you really can't tell too much about what's going on in a single shot where he appears to be annoyed. No one is 'on' all the time.

LaRae

I am aware that what I said could be taken as a slight against Harry. So be it. I wish Harry well but I am not a 'fan', like I am a fan (advocate) for someone else.

Unfortunately (perhaps) I am always a woman who sees it from the woman's point of view, and I think in terms of 'good bets'. I'm not sure Harry is a 'good bet' for any woman at his stage of his game. He needs more 'seasoning' methinks, given his public behavior in recent years (though he has admittedly 'cleaned up his act' recently, PR is very different from RL).

When I see those photos I see an imbalance, and I see Meghan (who I do not know) in a no-win situation. All good luck to her, I say. I am happy for her if she is genuinely happy with the path she's taking on. :flowers:
Not a good bet at this stage of his game? Whyever not? What events are we talking about? Pre-military deployment or after?

I thought this was a cute silly article in the midst of all the wedding bells talk.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa...n-markle-att?utm_term=.uumNLRraEO#.rgw8Y0JkMB
What a delightful, harmless bit of fun.

I believe that, unlike the bride and groom and other guests, who had only to 'fear' the wedding revellry photos, most of which the photographer would be right there for all to see. Harry had to know that there would be long lens photos taken around which whole novels could be written.

Most of the photos in the DM were fuzzy and from a distance and I don't think Harry and Megan actually posed for one single legitimate photo together. In many photos we don't know who else is beside them, in front of them, sitting with them, etc. so to be honest, none of what we have seen is in actual context. We are writing the narrative and that narrative is influenced by personal bias, lousy body language reading, specualation and even romantic hope. None of which makes it true.

I've never thought Harry was high maintenance ...never heard anything "leaked" indicating that either.

I think he and Meghan look very relaxed with each other...just like any other couple seriously dating. Without having a series of pics in a row you really can't tell too much about what's going on in a single shot where he appears to be annoyed. No one is 'on' all the time.

LaRae

I think to some extent the royal is always going to be high maintenance compared to the non royal in a relationship; not because their personality is necessarily high maintenance, but because their role and the restrictions that accompany it lead to them being high maintenance.

As for being able to tell what's going on in a picture... even with a series of pics you're frequently guessing. Is Harry in a bad mood? Having a serious conversation? Is he needy because she put her arm around him... or did it just make sense within the context of the conversation they were having - which we don't know about?

All we really know based on these pictures is that they're serious enough that he's taking her to his friends' weddings (which he did not do with Cressida) and that she's comfortable enough to display affection towards him in public.

When it was known that they were dating, I confess it was hard for me to picture them together. But now that I've seen these first pictures, I totally fell in love with this couple. I'll be waiting excitely to see more of them together in the future, they've got a new fan! ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4282416/Prince-Harry-enjoys-dip-ocean-Meghan.html

Well aren't we being spoiled today

I think to some extent the royal is always going to be high maintenance compared to the non royal in a relationship; not because their personality is necessarily high maintenance, but because their role and the restrictions that accompany it lead to them being high maintenance.

As for being able to tell what's going on in a picture... even with a series of pics you're frequently guessing. Is Harry in a bad mood? Having a serious conversation? Is he needy because she put her arm around him... or did it just make sense within the context of the conversation they were having - which we don't know about?

All we really know based on these pictures is that they're serious enough that he's taking her to his friends' weddings (which he did not do with Cressida) and that she's comfortable enough to display affection towards him in public.

Yes in that context... he's not your average guy working 9 to 5 ...the lifestyle due to his position is going to be/require a different level of care regardless if he's single or married.

It crossed my mind too (after seeing these pics) that her level of PDA (and his to her in a couple of them) indicates a certain level of seriousness.

LaRae

I don't believe that Harry is any more 'entitled' by nature than anyone else in his family, and a great deal less than some others. People who have met him and served with and under him in the army have described Harry as a humble and kindhearted person.

I've looked at all the photos. In some he's sitting listening to Meghan, in others Harry's chatting with others and hugging them in greeting, in some more he's getting up and dancing a wee bit. They look very relaxed. Just because a person's not grinning for a while doesn't mean they're annoyed.

I agree with your viewpoints. But where did you see photos of Harry getting up and dancing?

I am new to this forum, and before joining, I tried to read through this entire thread. I found so many interesting and engaging takes that I agree with, especially from you @Curryong, and @Osipi, @Dman, @Cocoasneeze, and many others. :) It has been fun reading for the most part.

I think it is nice to be able to wish Meghan and Harry well. During these generally depressing times, it's a pleasant diversion to follow a love story from the sidelines. I like finding out things about their relationship, but at the same time, I really wish they could enjoy as normal a relationship as possible, without so much over-the-top frenzy and speculation. From all I've seen and read, it seems that they are genuinely enjoying being with each other, and that they have a number of interests in common. I'm impressed and happy for them that they have found a way to a certain degree to shield their developing relationship from the public.

There's no way that any of us can really know exactly how their relationship is developing unless they share snippets in an interview. And it won't come to that most likely unless they do become engaged. I suppose for the most part we are basing our comments and impressions upon what we've read, seen & heard, and based on our own backgrounds and experiences, as well as our individual knowledge of the British Royals (via books and documentaries).

I agree with those who say that these latest photos (this is the third set of photos we've seen of them together on public outings) show that they have a relaxed and easy comfort level with each other. Harry does seem somewhat glum in a few pictures but that could be for any variety of reasons, including discomfort at knowing pictures are being taken; maybe feeling a bit under the weather; wanting to protect the privacy of his relationship with Meghan; wanting to keep a low profile so as not to overshadow the married couple; but also maybe wanting to spend more time around his friend, Tom, while at the same time not wanting to leave Meghan's side. Who knows? It could be anything, including an unrelated personal matter that he's worried about.

Last edited:
:previous: Thank you MaiaMia and welcome to the forum. Regarding Harry's 'dancing', a US magazine has this article.

Prince Harry Danced for Meghan Markle at Pal’s Jamaica Wedding - Us Weekly

Unfortunately, and rather bizarrely, having talked about it they didn't provide an accompanying video or even photo in the article.

However, among the myriad photos we've had of the couple in the last day or so have been one or two where Harry is standing beside the table where they've been seated and is holding his hand up. Meghan's still seated but is looking up at him, smiling. I think that's what the article's referring to.

We've been really spoiled for images of Harry and Meghan in the last few hours and I wouldn't know where to look for that particular shot, but it's there. I noted it only because I wondered what was happening.

I think Harry looked temporarily a bit annoyed at something. I like this couple, and I know the minute I say this they'll probably break up (LOL) but I would love to see a wedding!!

You and me both! :flowers: I love weddings!

Maybe there's a very simple reason for looking glum that we're overlooking. He drank the water. :D

Funny! :p

Yay for pictures!?
It's nice to see the couple together.

Many of the couple's detractors have accused Harry of being a "love sick puppy" as it was Harry who released the statement defending Meghan and in their date night pics it was Harry who was protectively leading the way.
So it is nice to see Meghan being openly affectionate towards him.?

To me, Harry looks annoyed because of the pictures being taken, I think he is really in love (the couple looks good together) and wants to protect this relationship with Meghan more than anything else. Her touching him looks to me like cheering him up.

And really, it will never change, so Harry better gets over his foul mood because for the rest of his life he will be photographed in public places. I wish him and Meghan well, but for some reason I see Harry transform into a press hater (maybe because now he has really THE ONE for him) who really shows his distaste like his brother, but it only gives bad energy (imo visible in the photos) and will lead to nothing but a strain on the relationship to both Meghan and the press.

To me, Harry looks annoyed because of the pictures being taken, I think he is really in love (the couple looks good together) and wants to protect this relationship with Meghan more than anything else. Her touching him looks to me like cheering him up.

And really, it will never change, so Harry better gets over his foul mood because for the rest of his life he will be photographed in public places. I wish him and Meghan well, but for some reason I see Harry transform into a press hater (maybe because now he has really THE ONE for him) who really shows his distaste like his brother, but it only gives bad energy (imo visible in the photos) and will lead to nothing but a strain on the relationship to both Meghan and the press.

I agree with this.

I think he alone is ready and willing to deal with the paparazzi, and tabloids, he was born to it. I'm thinking he gets annoyed when his friends wedding has paparazzi swarming outside just because of him. I don't think the friends mind, but Harry still sees himself as the one bringing the paparazzi wherever he goes.

I imagine the lady who was talking with Meghan and Harry, could have told him, that the paps were harassing some wedding guests. Or perhaps he had learned, that the lovely pastor had talked to daily mail. IMO he was clearly annoyed at something he was told, and Meghan was trying to console him and cheer him up.

This is all my speculation, and I could be completely wrong.

thanks @MaiaMia_53 and welcome to the forum!! :)

Last edited:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3012213/prince-harry-and-meghan-markles-open-show-of-love-at-pals-nuptials-in-jamaica-fuels-royal-wedding-fever/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-TheSun-_-News-_-TwImageandlink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

This has a little more inside scoop from the reception...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom