Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual approval by the Queen is basically a rubber stamp. Harry can just ask his grandmother on the phone if he wanted. The official approval for William and Kate and Zara and Mike were done after the engagements were announced. The Queen has never not approved a marriage request and if she was going to I am sure the royal would know well beforehand.

The family had known about the impending news on William and Catherine's engagement for several weeks.

I just think people have to give Harry and Meghan some time. William wanted to take some lessons from the past and allow Catherine to get used to the idea of being a senior royal and all the pressures that goes along with it.

Why is everyone thinking Harry won't give Meghan some time to adjust? I'm not talking about 9 years, but at least a couple or until they fully emerge in public as a couple. They haven't done that yet.

The family had known about the impending news on William and Catherine's engagement for several weeks.

I just think people have to give Harry and Meghan some time. William wanted to take some lessons from the past and allow Catherine to get used to the idea of being a senior royal and all the pressures that goes along with it.

Why is everyone thinking Harry won't give Meghan some time to adjust? I'm not talking about 9 years, but at least a couple or until they fully emerge in public as a couple. They haven't done that yet.

And what if Harry doesn't want to wait a couple years? What then? Has anyone ever thought about that possibility?

Secondly, Meghan is more at an advantage than Kate was. She is already a celebrity in her own right and a successful career woman.

Again, I revert back to my question in bold...

No one knows what is going on in the relationship. I think they just published that article about the Queen's approval because they can't dig anything up.

When a relationship gets to a certain point, the people in it know which way they want it to go and start making plans and discussing pertinent subjects. The actual marriage proposal as a "surprise" usually isn't one for couples that have made plans already. One for sure way we'd really have a clue that wedding bells are about to ring is if someone spots Harry meeting with Meghan's father. :D

I agree. BUT......

We are never going to get confirmation on this kind of stuff. We don't know them and they don't us and we don't know people that know them. These article are all that we have to base insight, and opinions on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Harry will not wait a couple more years. I believe Meghan will be his princess very soon. She's 35, will be 36 in August. If they were to get married in say, May 2018, that would give her another year or two at most to have a baby 'soon'.

Also, the Queen is getting up there in the years, and I'm sure Harry wants his grandmother to be part of the festivities and to meet any future child he has.

The time is now, this relationship is the real deal for him.

And what if Harry doesn't want to wait a couple years? What then? Has anyone ever thought about that possibility?

Secondly, Meghan is more at an advantage than Kate was. She is already a celebrity in her own right and a successful career woman.

The soonest I could imagine a wedding would be late Fall/Winter this year...but I don't think it's likely ....engagement during late fall/winter yes. Married next Spring or early Summer.

LaRae

Being a successful career woman is not a requirement to be a successful royal spouse. That career is going to have to abandoned anyways after marriage. It's more important to build a solid foundation and partnership with your Royal. Fully understand the limitations and scrutiny that a royal life will entail. Meghan and Harry haven't even spent six months being in the same country together.

We have seen this honeymoon phases before with Chesly and Cressida. People were speculating on engagements with them too.

Being a successful career woman is not a requirement to be a successful royal spouse. That career is going to have to abandoned anyways after marriage. It's more important to build a solid foundation and partnership with your Royal. Fully understand the limitations and scrutiny that a royal life will entail. Meghan and Harry haven't even spent six months being in the same country together.

We have seen this honeymoon phases before with Chesly and Cressida. People were speculating on engagements with them too.

You are rationalizing.

The point here is and what matters is Prince Harry. Many of posts here read as though some think Harry is going to actually get on this forum, read this stuff and do what YOU ALL feel is the right thing to do for him.

Harry is not going to wait 2 years! If it happens and if this is what he wants, it will happen quickly.

Prince Harry will not wait a couple more years. I believe Meghan will be his princess very soon. She's 35, will be 36 in August. If they were to get married in say, May 2018, that would give her another year or two at most to have a baby 'soon'.

Also, the Queen is getting up there in the years, and I'm sure Harry wants his grandmother to be part of the festivities and to meet any future child he has.

The time is now, this relationship is the real deal for him.

My thoughts exactly!! Bingo!!

You are rationalizing.

The point here is and what matters is Prince Harry. Many of posts here read as though some think Harry is going to actually get on this forum, read this stuff and do what YOU ALL feel is the right thing to do for him.

Harry is not going to wait 2 years! If it happens and if this is what he wants, it will happen quickly.

And you are romanticizing.

Royal marriages are rational. Even William and Kate. Of course love is important, but it's also important to understand what you are getting into in the day to day stuff. Marrying into the royal family isn't your everyday ordinary marriage. It comes with so much opportunities, but also limitation and stress. Also, there is just no way that an engagement is going to be announced while Meghan is still filming Suits. And the creator has said everyone is staying, so I'm assuming Meghan is under contract. Can she decide to break the contract and just deal with the consequences? Sure, but I just don't see that happening. And it's highly unlikely that a royal wedding would take place while the bride's TV show is still airing. Especially not the bride of Prince Harry, a senior and very popular royal.

Believe me, nothing will make me happier than those two getting married, but I just think it's naive to think these things don't count in modern day royal marriage. It still does to an extent.

Hello everyone my first time posting in a forum. I just had to get a question out... When do you guys think is best for Harry and Meghan to make their first public outing together before or after the 2017 Invictus Games? I know they are not until later in the year. I personally think they will start being seen together semi-officially (concerts, sport games where he isn't in his role as patron, events where he isn't representing Queen or government) together before the games.
I think this will help simmer the media attention when the Invictus Games come around because the first images will have come out, people will be a little more used to seeing them together etc.

If a wedding is in the cards for this couple I would not expect it until after Spring 2018.

He don't have to wait a couple of years. I'm just stating why don't people give this couple a chance to figure things out. Right now, people have rushed them off to marriage, kids and divorce. Let's just let them get there.

Yes, Meghan is used to the fame and notoriety, but dealing with royal life can be a whole new can of worms. I think we should wait for this couple to emerge as a couple in a more public way a couple of times. Right now the couple is a little shy when in public. They're not that comfortable in public yet. Is is right for us to expect them to announce an engagement tomorrow? I think it's right to give them to some time to figure out where this is going first.

William learned some lessons from the past. I'm sure Harry has learned some lessons too.

Last edited:
If she moves to the U.K. we'll all know where it's headed.

LaRae

The actual approval by the Queen is basically a rubber stamp. Harry can just ask his grandmother on the phone if he wanted. The official approval for William and Kate and Zara and Mike were done after the engagements were announced. The Queen has never not approved a marriage request and if she was going to I am sure the royal would know well beforehand.

Its not like asking her dad permission. The reality is, if they get to the point of proposing, they already know the queen's answer. Not because she will say yes to anyone. Do we really think the queen isn't aware of who they date, even before she meets them? Or that she fits back quietly? If she didn't approve if the woman, she certainly would tell them long before they hit to engagement. She wouldn't have let Kate wait for nearly a decade, if she had no plan to say yes. I do think he likely told most of his family, including the queen, before he proposed. Both out of happiness, and in knowing it may leak. Harry will be the same. If Harry gets to the proposal stage, his grandmother will already have made her approval clear to her grandson.

I think if they get engaged this year it won't be until after the Invictus Games.

And you are romanticizing.

And the creator has said everyone is staying, so I'm assuming Meghan is under contract. Can she decide to break the contract and just deal with the consequences? Sure, but I just don't see that happening. And it's highly unlikely that a royal wedding would take place while the bride's TV show is still airing. Especially not the bride of Prince Harry, a senior and very popular royal.

Well, according to recent reports, Meghan's character may be written out in the near future to accommodate her future role with the RF. Due to this unprecedented personal life change, I'm sure the producers of Suits is talking to Meghan and preparing to handle her character departing in a suitable way (no pun intended) :)

News has also been circulating that Meghan’s character on Suits may be written out of the program, as the executive producer Aaron Korsh made it known in an interview recently that Rachel, played by Markle, will have to make a tough decision in the end of season six-whether to stay at the firm, or take a position offered by her lawyer father at a different firm.
Source

He don't have to wait a couple of years. I'm just stating why don't people give this couple a chance to figure things out. Right now, people have rushed them off to marriage, kids and divorce. Let's just let them get there.

Yes, Meghan is used to the fame and notoriety, but dealing with royal life can be a whole new can of worms. I think we should wait for this couple to emerge as a couple in a more public way a couple of times. Right now the couple is a little shy when in public. They're not that comfortable in public yet. Is is right for us to expect them to announce an engagement tomorrow? I think it's right to give them to some time to figure out where this is going first.

William learned some lessons from the past. I'm sure Harry has learned some lessons too.
Meghan definitely has a presence in public and is relatively unfazed by the media and Harry has learned to live with it . . . except when she was being harassed. Then he tipped his hand and asked for fair play. While they are bit prepared to share how far their relationship has come, they could be picking out the Vicar for all we know whereas I would say that neither William nor Catherine were that comfortable in public until well after their marriage.

I can understand the reasoning behind those who expect an imminent engagement, followed in short order by a wedding. There are real reasons to hang their hat on:
  • Age is a concern if they want children
  • Harry would probably want to marry before his grandparents die
  • They are both old enough to know their own minds
The one thing that they do know is whether the engagement is long or short, whether they live together or don't, there are no guarantees that any marriage will last.

Actually, the same theory applies to those who council 2018. Nothing is guaranteed in life. Neither Harry's nor Meghan's parents, not to mention relations marriages, stood the test of time. Worse the marriages of close friends of both William and Harry whose marriages they attended have failed spectacularly in a short time.

So, sometimes I think maybe you just have to look each other in the eye and agree that you share a deep love and affection, share interests and goals and wonder if there really is any point in waiting.

Actually, the same theory applies to those who council 2018. Nothing is guaranteed in life. Neither Harry's nor Meghan's parents, not to mention relations marriages, stood the test of time. Worse the marriages of close friends of both William and Harry whose marriages they attended have failed spectacularly in a short time.
Not to mention Meghan's own marriage.

I do hope that if they get engaged, it is not announced until after all of the new episodes of Meghan's show have aired. Royalty is getting celebrified (probably not a word :p ) enough as it is, without having an actual celebrity as a member. IMO it cheapens the concept of royalty anyway, but having a fiancee's first-run shows airing is tacky. Again, my opinion, your mileage may vary.

(I do think they will get engaged. Seems like Harry is ready to settle down, and as the theory goes, a man will settle down with whomever he is with when he is ready to do so. And for all of her talk about "glass ceilings, not glass slippers", I think that Meghan will jump at the chance to be a member of the BRF.)

Meghan definitely has a presence in public and is relatively unfazed by the media and Harry has learned to live with it . . . except when she was being harassed. Then he tipped his hand and asked for fair play. While they are bit prepared to share how far their relationship has come, they could be picking out the Vicar for all we know whereas I would say that neither William nor Catherine were that comfortable in public until well after their marriage.

I can understand the reasoning behind those who expect an imminent engagement, followed in short order by a wedding. There are real reasons to hang their hat on:
  • Age is a concern if they want children
  • Harry would probably want to marry before his grandparents die
  • They are both old enough to know their own minds
The one thing that they do know is whether the engagement is long or short, whether they live together or don't, there are no guarantees that any marriage will last.

So, sometimes I think maybe you just have to look each other in the eye and agree that you share a deep love and affection, share interests and goals and wonder if there really is any point in waiting.

All excellent points. I totally agree...which is why I've been saying all along that I wouldn't be shocked if an engagement announcement comes near the end of this year.

An engagement could very well come this year, if, the couple decide to take things to another level. That would be great and I'm sure it would be a big celebration. I just think we should give them the space to get there. Can't be easy for them to read the marriage headlines and folks on the internet already have them married, divorced and fighting of custody of the kids. It's all a one day at a time thing.

Well I would hope neither are reading this forum or any online forum for that matter. ;)

I think Harry knew how intense things would get when he released that statement. And given their age and the fact that both have talked about wanting to start a family, I don't think they're too fazed by marriage headlines. I'm sure they knew it was inevitable, anyhow.

Hello everyone my first time posting in a forum. I just had to get a question out... When do you guys think is best for Harry and Meghan to make their first public outing together before or after the 2017 Invictus Games? I know they are not until later in the year. I personally think they will start being seen together semi-officially (concerts, sport games where he isn't in his role as patron, events where he isn't representing Queen or government) together before the games.
I think this will help simmer the media attention when the Invictus Games come around because the first images will have come out, people will be a little more used to seeing them together etc.

If a wedding is in the cards for this couple I would not expect it until after Spring 2018.

If I had to guess about a first semi-official outing together, apart from theatre or concert, I would guess at some sort of sporting event where Harry isn't acting as patron. Harry loves his rugby and soccer and may want to introduce Meghan to these. I don't know whether Meghan skis but there have been persistent rumours that Harry is going to take her to Verbier around Valentine's Day. That might be just tabloid talk though. We will have to see.

An outside chance would be a wedding I suppose. Harry still has a few single friends, and Tom Inskip,his great friend, gets married in the Caribbean next month.

She got married in Jamaica, too? Think she will skip it due to comparation....

From what I see, several places are stating that Meghan will accompany Harry to Tom Inskip's wedding. This is just one of the articles that I've found about it and oddly enough, its from the International Business Times.

Another reason I like this link as it gives us a good look at Meghan's signature. I love how she writes her name. Very artistic.

Meghan Markle to accompany Prince Harry at his best friend's wedding

Well, according to recent reports, Meghan's character may be written out in the near future to accommodate her future role with the RF. Due to this unprecedented personal life change, I'm sure the producers of Suits is talking to Meghan and preparing to handle her character departing in a suitable way (no pun intended) :)

Source

These reports can speculate all they want, but Aaron Korsh, who runs the show, has come out and said everyone is on board. I'd assume he knows more and is more reliable than the Inquisitr.

She got married in Jamaica, too? Think she will skip it due to comparation....

I think she's over that. The media will say what they want. As long as it doesn't cross the line, they won't care.

As for the wedding, the only reasons I can think of why she wouldn't go is if she has other work related commitments at the time or not to take away attention from the couple getting married.

I don't see why she wouldn't attend the wedding. I presume the wedding will be on a Saturday. I don't imagine suits filming on the weekend. So Meghan can if anything fly to Jamaica for the weekend.

As much as I laugh off comments that Kate did not attend so-and-so's wedding so as not to overshadow the bride, I do not think that Harry & Meghan attending this wedding together would be fair to the bride & groom. There is still so much demand for pictures of the two of them together, that I can see photogs being disruptive and not respecting that this is a special occasion for the happy couple getting married.

For 99.9% of new couples, debuting a SO at a friend's wedding is not a huge deal and makes sense since there are family and friends for them to meet gathered in one place. But this is yet another example of something to get accustomed to when you are part of/marry into the BRF.

I don't see why she wouldn't attend the wedding. I presume the wedding will be on a Saturday. I don't imagine suits filming on the weekend. So Meghan can if anything fly to Jamaica for the weekend.

I don't think they get every weekend off. It depends on filming schedules, but they certainly don't work like your everyday folks. There are days they film until wee hours of the morning as well.

In a way I agree with you, but a sure sign of the permanency of their relationship is an expectation that now Prince Harry has an official girlfriend, she should attend at least one society wedding with him as the Plus one. if they don't attend this wedding together, perhaps Pippa's wedding would be the next best option. I'm sure Harry is tired of attending events with his brother and sister in law and being the third wheel. He's a Prince, dating a lovely lady, and the time is now for them to attend at least one society event together so that people get used to seeing them, and prepare for the ultimate news which will come sometime late summer or early Fall.

As much as I laugh off comments that Kate did not attend so-and-so's wedding so as not to overshadow the bride, I do not think that Harry & Meghan attending this wedding together would be fair to the bride & groom. There is still so much demand for pictures of the two of them together, that I can see photogs being disruptive and not respecting that this is a special occasion for the happy couple getting married.

For 99.9% of new couples, debuting a SO at a friend's wedding is not a huge deal and makes sense since there are family and friends for them to meet gathered in one place. But this is yet another example of something to get accustomed to when you are part of/marry into the BRF.

When did Meghan talk about wanting a family?
And why are people so sure Harry is invited to Pippa's wedding?

When did Meghan talk about wanting a family?
And why are people so sure Harry is invited to Pippa's wedding?

There was an interview she did before they were dating.

As for Pippa's wedding, I have no clue. Especially since the church they are having it at only fits 150 people.

In a way I agree with you, but a sure sign of the permanency of their relationship is an expectation that now Prince Harry has an official girlfriend, she should attend at least one society wedding with him as the Plus one. if they don't attend this wedding together, perhaps Pippa's wedding would be the next best option. I'm sure Harry is tired of attending events with his brother and sister in law and being the third wheel. He's a Prince, dating a lovely lady, and the time is now for them to attend at least one society event together so that people get used to seeing them, and prepare for the ultimate news which will come sometime late summer or early Fall.
For me the issue is that they have been very private about their relationship (no judgment, just a fact), and the desire for pictures of them together is still very high. If I were the bride (or a guest), I would not be happy with the media that will surely be there trying to capture a picture of the 2 of them together. It has the potential to be very disruptive, and I would hope that Harry & Meghan are emotionally intelligent and sensitive enough to realize that.

IMO they should make their debut at a more impersonal event, let the press have their pictures, and the novelty will wear off soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom