Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that she may well lend up married to him; if she's living with him, that is often a major step towards marriage and if she's lived with him since December, certainly she's approved of since before her, Sophie was allowed to move in and get used to palace life.

It's highly unlikely that a senior member of the British royal family would marry abroad. Even the Danish royal family hasn't gone that far yet.

I'm curious why you singled out the Danish royal family. Why would they be more likely to marry abroad than other royals ?

Incidentally, in the UK, even the royal princesses who were normally married to foreign princes generally had their wedding ceremony in the United Kingdom rather than overseas. Victoria, Princess Royal, married for example the Crown Prince of Prussia (and future Emperor of Germany) at the Chapel Royal of St James's Palace; Princess Helena married Prince Christian of Schleswig-Holstein in the private chapel at Windsor Castle, and both Princess Beatrice and Princess Alice (the two other daughters of Queen Victoria who were married to German princes) married, I believe, in the Isle of Wight.

Last edited:
Why does everyone assume they will marry in England ? She might want to marry in America if it comes to marriage at all.

I think their wedding location could be interesting. Because Meghan is a divorcee, I have doubts that the CoE would want them to marry at Westminster Abbey. Their most sacred location. So that opens up some alternative options.

Anne and Zara married in Scotland. The Duke of Kent married in Yorkshire. The Duke of Gloucester married in Northamptonshire. Prince and Princess Michael married in Vienna.

Unlike Charles and William, I could see Harry and Meghan being given a lot more creative freedom to pick their venue and guest-list size. I do believe it would be held in the UK, and not in a place where security costs would be astronomical. But other than that, I think HM would give them a lot of free rein.

Super-sized wedding vs intimate wedding. City wedding vs rural wedding. Church wedding vs. civil ceremony & blessing. They could have a lot of fun options.

It would be nice to see them pick something besides St. George's. Because there is a good chance Eugenie will marry before Harry, and she'll probably choose St. George's because it's close to Andrew's home. So some variety would be appreciated.

I'm curious why you singled out the Danish royal family. Why would they be more likely to marry abroad than other royals ?

Incidentally, in the UK, even the royal princesses who were normally married to foreign princes generally had their wedding ceremony in the United Kingdom rather than overseas. Victoria, Princess Royal, married for example the Crown Prince of Prussia (and future Emperor of Germany) at the Chapel Royal of St James's Palace; Princess Helena married Prince Christian of Schleswig-Holstein in the private chapel at Windsor Castle, and both Princess Beatrice and Princess Alice (the two other daughters of Queen Victoria who were married to German princes) married, I believe, in the Isle of Wight.

They are the only royal family I could remember off the top of my head who had multiple marriages to foreign commoners. If both parties are from royal family, it's slightly different. When royals marry these days, it's more of a celebration for the entire nation than just the couple and family and friends. And even with the Swedish royal family, Princess Madeleine married in Sweden even though her and her husband lived in New York early on in their marriage.

I think the media and the rest of us are waiting to see when Harry and Meghan will make their big public debut. I think it's one of the reasons why the media is spreading a little talk about them attending Pippa's wedding in May. Plenty of opportunities are on hand.

That's true re Meghan being a divorcee. Considering the fuss about Harry's father's second marriage, I don't see them making an exception for Harry and Meghan.

I do see the wedding being held in London, though, simply because there'll be so many people wanting to line the route. It won't be the occasion of the marriage of an Heir to the Throne, but Harry's extremely popular.

I think their wedding location could be interesting. Because Meghan is a divorcee, I have doubts that the CoE would want them to marry at Westminster Abbey. Their most sacred location. So that opens up some alternative options.

That's true re Meghan being a divorcee. Considering the fuss about Harry's father's second marriage, I don't see them making an exception for Harry and Meghan.

I do see the wedding being held in London, though, simply because there'll be so many people wanting to line the route. It won't be the occasion of the marriage of an Heir to the Throne, but Harry's extremely popular.

I think for Charles, it was less about the divorce and more about the special circumstances of the public breakdown of his marriage involving his current wife along with the death of his first wife. It can't really be compared to any other situation- it was quite unique.

Harry's going to become a senior member of the royal family- he has to, as one of only two sons of the next King. I'm sure this will be almost as elaborate as William's wedding (though not quite since Harry's not a direct heir to the throne)

I was actually thinking I wouldn't be shocked if they used St. Paul's Cathedral if they do get engaged.

St. Paul's Cathedral is bigger than Westminster Abbey.
I think its also farther away from BP than the Abbey

I think for Charles, it was less about the divorce and more about the special circumstances of the public breakdown of his marriage involving his current wife along with the death of his first wife. It can't really be compared to any other situation- it was quite unique.

Harry's going to become a senior member of the royal family- he has to, as one of only two sons of the next King. I'm sure this will be almost as elaborate as William's wedding (though not quite since Harry's not a direct heir to the throne)

I was actually thinking I wouldn't be shocked if they used St. Paul's Cathedral if they do get engaged.

Then his wedding will be more expensive for the taxpayers than William's. Security for St. Paul's is a big undertaking, it's a bigger place and a longer route.

I'm not sure that would go over well with the public. Then again, Harry did detour to Toronto after his tour. So if he wants St. Paul's, he might not give a hoot about public backlash.

I can't see St Paul's for Harry and Meghan. Too vast, too expensive. I can remember that, even at the time of Charles's wedding, questions were raised about the venue and cost, and that was a State Wedding of a POW!

I can however see the Abbey, religious questions aside. Divorcees can now marry within the Church of England if the vicar of the parish concerned is amenable. I believe Harry, as a senior and very popular Royal will marry in London in order that the crowds can see them, or Windsor, same thing, and there will probably be a balcony appearance at BP.

I'm not so sure that Eugenie, who is a very modern princess, will be marrying within the next couple of years or that she will wed in St George's. I can see Eugenie and Jack going for something completely different perhaps, and Sarah backing their ideas up, though Andrew might wish for a traditional wedding. I'm not so sure the York princesses' weddings will be televised either. They are not very popular with the British public, unfortunately.

I can't see St Paul's for Harry and Meghan. Too vast, too expensive. I can remember that, even at the time of Charles's wedding, questions were raised about the venue and cost, and that was a State Wedding of a POW!

I can however see the Abbey, religious questions aside. Divorcees can now marry within the Church of England if the vicar of the parish concerned is amenable. I believe Harry, as a senior and very popular Royal will marry in London in order that the crowds can see them, or Windsor, same thing, and there will probably be a balcony appearance at BP.

I'm not so sure that Eugenie, who is a very modern princess, will be marrying within the next couple of years or that she will wed in St George's. I can see Eugenie and Jack going for something completely different perhaps, and Sarah backing their ideas up, though Andrew might wish for a traditional wedding. I'm not so sure the York princesses' weddings will be televised either. They are not very popular with the British public, unfortunately.

It wouldn't be televised in the traditional way. But Sarah could always sign a wedding tv deal with Oprah. :D

I expect fewer foreign royals (maybe none) attending Harry's wedding and maybe fewer British government representatives as well, in other words, I expect it to be less "official" than William's wedding.

What she wants won't matter at all if she plans on marrying a senior member of the BRF

Ah and that's it isn't it " what she wants won't matter at all "
I love it when everyone thinks this the greatest coupling of all time as long as she follows orders
She better be sure really really sure before she gives up her life for a totally different one in which you pretty much do as your told.
She has lived a very independent life up till now and it's the BRF very different to other RF so can't compare

I love it when everyone thinks this the greatest coupling of all time as long as she follows orders
She better be sure really really sure before she gives up her life for a totally different one in which you pretty much do as your told.
She has lived a very independent life up till now and it's the BRF very different to other RF so can't compare

I was talking people thinking the wedding would be outside of the UK because Meghan might want it in America. Just the wedding nothing else
I do agree that the BRF cannot be compare to the other RF

"Very different" in what way? With very few exceptions, each RF has rules-implicit and more evident, regulating how they conduct weddings and who they consider suitable to join their ranks.

In fact there are more than a few RF's with their own rules governing Royal brides and what is expected of them that are just as rigid or even more than the British Royals

Yes, I know it's a very different Royal family but I don't think any Royal brides lived a more independent lifestyle than Queen Letizia of Spain before she married.

A news anchor and reporter, involved and politically aware, reporting from war zones in her time as a correspondent. She was also divorced after a brief marriage and having been with her husband for many years before they married. Yet look at what a success she has been as Queen Consort of Spain! I'm sure she has wanted to comment many times on Spanish political affairs and developments but she never has.

It's not impossible to keep your mouth shut if you know you are in a position where you know your viewpoint can cause controversy.

I expect fewer foreign royals (maybe none) attending Harry's wedding and maybe fewer British government representatives as well, in other words, I expect it to be less "official" than William's wedding.
Given how many royals actually appeared in Sweden at the wedding of Carl Philip and the most unsuitable royal bride ever, I would tend to think that at least that many would appear at Harry and whomever's wedding.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/clarifications/2801972/prince-harry-an-apology/

Not sure If I can post this on this forum but.....
Does this mean we won't be getting exclusives of Meghan and Harry anymore from this paper?
Also sorry,think I put the link up wrong.....Feel like they might boycott Harry and Meghan now :(

I don't think The Sun was getting exclusives other than paparazzi photos of them anyway. They can still published purchased paparazzi photo or if their own photographer catches Harry and Meghan. Any exclusives, like an interview with Harry, is unlikely to go The Sun.

I was talking people thinking the wedding would be outside of the UK because Meghan might want it in America. Just the wedding nothing else
I do agree that the BRF cannot be compare to the other RF

I'm going out on a limb here and stating my opinion that if and when they marry, it will be in the UK for two specific reasons. #1. Meghan isn't overly close with her family and it would be easier for her mother and father to travel to the UK for a wedding than truck the lot of the BRF that would definitely want to attend across the pond to the US. and #2. I think it would be very important to Harry to have his grandmother and grandfather at his wedding as he seems to be very close to the both of them.

I also believe it will be a full fledged CoE wedding. The difference between Charles and Camilla and Harry and Meghan is that C&C both had a church wedding with their previous spouses. (I'm not certain though if Camilla and Andrew's was CoE or RC). As far as the church is concerned, Meghan has never married and this would be Harry's first marriage.

If this couple does get engaged, I'm going to have to stock up on snacks and drinks as these forums are going to be very, very busy discussing the information leading up to the wedding. No better place in the world to have a seat up front to all the wedding plans than right here. I still vividly recall the wonderful discussions leading up to Will and Kate's 2011 wedding and expect no less for Harry's.

We just have to wait patiently and see if they even do get engaged in the first place. :D

The denial brigade in Twitter blogs won't give up until there's an engagement.

Been through this with Cressida Bonas. When rumours began to fly and a couple of bad quality photos appeared on Twitter that seemed to show them together the online fan girls went into a state of disbelief. Then, when it became clear they were dating, they metaphorically threw themselves on the floor and had temper tantrums, screaming 'No, they're not together, No! No! No!' as if they could influence Harry not to date her and somehow what they were seeing wasn't real! Then the online taunting and names like Cress-Mess started.

Meghan is going through this now, thanks to two online witches, as some are believing it's all one big con trick, they have really broken up in December (though frustratingly Harry hasn't said so) and so every sighting without photos is a lie and the photos there are were taken last year!! The ability of some people online to delude themselves never fails to amaze me!

Last edited:
The denial brigade in Twitter blogs won't give up until there's an engagement.

Been through this with Cressida Bonas. When rumours began to fly and a couple of bad quality photos appeared on Twitter that seemed to show them together the online fan girls went into a state of disbelief. Then, when it became clear they were dating, they metaphorically threw themselves on the floor and had temper tantrums, screaming 'No, they're not together, No! No! No!' as if they could influence Harry not to date her and somehow what they were seeing wasn't real! Then the online taunting and names like Cress-Mess started.

Meghan is going through this now, thanks to two online witches, as some are believing it's all one big con trick, they have really broken up in December (though frustratingly Harry hasn't said so) and so every sighting without photos is a lie and the photos there are were taken last year!! The ability of some people online to delude themselves never fails to amaze me!

Very true! Until there's an official engagement announcement, this will continue. We've been down this road before.

The wedding will be in England and in a church, well the uk. But whether London or some where else stands to be seen.

1 the British royals, modern ones, marry in the UK. Even the more distant.
-Peter married Canadian autumn at Windsor
-the earl of ulster married Canadian Silvana in Edinburgh
-Davina married kiwi Gary at Kensington palace

2 unlike the above, Harry would not get away with a simple private wedding. The sheer cost if not only the wedding, but security for his family and any guests, if married in the USA would make williams look cheap. No police covered security.

3 Harry is extremely close to his grandparents. There is no doubt he would want them there. It's not reasonable, especially Philip and his health, to expect the two to fly to North America for it. Much easier for her family to come,

That said I would not be shocked if they decided to go as different from William as possible. Perhaps at one of the estates, like Sandringham or balmoral. Yes he is popular, but the couple could want something more private.

I do expect a few foreign royals. If only the ones who actually call London home. Certainly the Greeks, some of the German relatives who come for events, maybe a few others. I actually think when the yorks marry, they will have more royal guests than Harry. They move in the social circles of the continental royals, like at the wedding this weekend. They attend the more private royal weddings like Amedeo. There us the German Prince Harry is known to hunt with, whose wedding to ckeoptpatra, harry attended last year. Could see them on a guest list.

Last edited:
Since there is a tradition for royal weddings that ex partners are invited like Camila, will's ex, shall Meghan invites Trevor or Corey and Harry maybe Chelsey or Cressida..

This is a joke but I have noticed that all aristo members are dating each other, that are friends with each others, so we have Chelsey and Cress together for the lunch and Chelsy has a friend Jacobi who is Cress brother...so

Odd thing... Maybe that's Harry likes Meghan...

Since there is a tradition for royal weddings that ex partners are invited like Camila, will's ex, shall Meghan invites Trevor or Corey and Harry maybe Chelsey or Cressida..

This is a joke but I have noticed that all aristo members are dating each other, that are friends with each others, so we have Chelsey and Cress together for the lunch and Chelsy has a friend Jacobi who is Cress brother...so

Odd thing... Maybe that's Harry likes Meghan...

Chelsy could possibly be invited. Just don't see Cressida being invited.

Chelsy could possibly be invited. Just don't see Cressida being invited.

I think a Cressida invite is more likely than a Chelsy one. Even after they broke-up Harry attended her plays and invited her to his birthday party. Also, Cressida and Eugenie are still best friends, and Harry seems closer to Eugenie than to anyone else in his family. But I think both women would get an invite. If his instagram rumors are true, he still follows both of them.

While Meghan's exes might not get invites, as I'm not sure they ended on the best terms. Is there any evidence she's still friends with them?

No evidence but I generally think that past is past and exes have to remain there... it is disrespectful... but as you said definitely Chelsey or Cressida would be there... no why any ex of Meghan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom