Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's quite a stretch. Why would anyone say they want to have children when they really don't? That doesn't make sense.

Because!

It's like saying you don't like pets!

Not something that will please the public.

But it's just something you say, and who knows if it is even true?

Exactly.

Not every woman is dying to be a mommy and not every man is dying to a daddy. They may like kids fine but have no interest in having their own for a myriad of reasons. Child free is perfectly valid choice.

But both Meghan and Harry know perfectly well IF this really happens to be the way they feel and it is mutual it would be a media free for all if they expressed those feelings pubically and they would be attacked online and in press as "hating kids" or being "selfish"

I agree that celebrities like Jennifer Aniston probably realised that it would be a bad PR move to publicly express the thought that she wasn't keen on having a family.

However, Harry gets on extremely well with children and has expressed a wish to have a family of his own from way back, his early twenties in fact, long before Meghan. And he's been consistent about it, bringing that longing into interviews himself, without necessarily being asked.

If the two of them are serious about each other, and I believe they are, then Meghan and Harry would have discussed this issue. No-one who was ambivalent about wanting a family would marry someone who loved children and wanted them, surely. That would be rather strange.

Last edited:
For some couples, nothing puts a wet blanket on the romance faster than discussing children. Especially within the first 8 months or so.

It's entirely possible they're just enjoying the 'moment' and not necessarily reading baby books.

I know Harry wants a family but it has to come on it's own terms. You can't hurry it along.

I agree that celebrities like Jennifer Aniston probably realised that it would be a bad PR move to publicly express the thought that she wasn't keen on having a family.

However, Harry gets on extremely well with children and has expressed a wish to have a family of his own from way back, his early twenties in fact, long before Meghan. And he's been consistent about it, bringing that longing into interviews himself, without necessarily being asked.

If the two of them are serious about each other, and I believe they are, then Meghan and Harry would have discussed this issue. No-one who was ambivalent about wanting a family would marry someone who loved children and wanted them, surely. That would be rather strange.

It's more common than you believe. For annulments, this is one of the most cited reasons.

Reversely, you have couples who say they both don't want kids. Then after a couple decades together they split. And one will quickly have a child with a new partner. Example: Guy Pearce.

So you can't dismiss it as a possibility. Though, I think they both genuinely want children. At least presently.

I think it's quite normal to talk about not wanting or wanting children within the first few months of dating. Not a first date conversation, but 8 months of dating, yes. When do people talk about having kids, if 8 months of dating is too soon?

Whether Harry gets engaged then married quickly is his business and his choice. Everybody keeps talking about it's soon etc. Well, Harry may not agree!

I have heard Harry say that he wants children. He is 32, at this time in his life he wants to settle down. All of his close buddies and married with kids. Meghan is 35 so what happens will happen soon and quickly like or not.

Because!

It's like saying you don't like pets!

Not something that will please the public.

But it's just something you say, and who knows if it is even true?

I highly doubt that's what's happening here since no one would've cared if either one of them said they don't want children. And also, the logic you mentioned above made no sense.

:previous: Not quite all his friends are married with kids. Tom van Straubenzee is divorced after a very brief marriage, and Adam Bidwell is still single, I believe. Harry is likely to turn up to Tom Inskip's nuptials next month, as Skip is a longtime friend, and Meghan might turn up for those with Harry. Who knows!

:previous: Not quite all his friends are married with kids. Tom van Straubenzee is divorced after a very brief marriage, and Adam Bidwell is still single, I believe. Harry is likely to turn up to Tom Inskip's nuptials next month, as Skip is a longtime friend, and Meghan might turn up for those with Harry. Who knows!

Adam is single, at least he was in 2016.

As for talking kids at eight months. Depends on your age. If you are twenty and dating, you ,as not ask heavy questions like kids, early on. You're having fun, likely not even considering marriage for years. But when you are in your thirties that's a different matter. If you see marriage and kids, which Harry says he does, you aren't going to just have dates. You are going to look for someone with the sane goals. You may not be ready to consider marriage and kids attire six month mark. But you want to know, if you get to the point you see kids and wedding with your partner, they want the same. You don't want to devote three years to a relationship and then find out they don't see marriage and kids.

A few may be single yes! But that is not even the point! Good grief!

I would be inclined to believe that kids have been a big part of their discussions already for the simple reason being that they already have some. Harry with his kids at Sentebale and Meghan with her kids in Africa and other places in the world where she's met and been involved with them. :D

Harry always has been a natural with kids and from what we've heard, really loves to interact with his niece and nephew. The time that made me laugh was when the Obamas visited W&K and Harry, George piped up saying "How come Uncle Harry is so quiet?"

I do think, from what we do know from sources, that both Harry and Meghan want a family and truth be told, should they have them, those will be some very well loved kids.

I would be inclined to believe that kids have been a big part of their discussions already for the simple reason being that they already have some. Harry with his kids at Sentebale and Meghan with her kids in Africa and other places in the world where she's met and been involved with them. :D

Harry always has been a natural with kids and from what we've heard, really loves to interact with his niece and nephew. The time that made me laugh was when the Obamas visited W&K and Harry, George piped up saying "How come Uncle Harry is so quiet?"

I do think, from what we do know from sources, that both Harry and Meghan want a family and truth be told, should they have them, those will be some very well loved kids.

I also hope that with their personal histories and from other lives they have seen, they would understand the need to take time to make sure this is not only right for them but for the future.

I highly doubt that's what's happening here since no one would've cared if either one of them said they don't want children. And also, the logic you mentioned above made no sense.

I think many members of the public would care. As Amaryllus mentioned, they might be attacked online or in the press and accused of being spoiled and selfish if either said they preferred to remain child-free.

I'm not saying they do; merely that they are unlikely to say so if that is the case, because it would probably not meet with public approval.

(And they both need public good will).

I think many members of the public would care. As Amaryllus mentioned, they might be attacked online or in the press and accused of being spoiled and selfish if either said they preferred to remain child-free.

I'm not saying they do; merely that they are unlikely to say so if that is the case, because it would probably not meet with public approval.

(And they both need public good will).

I highly doubt they care. For one, Meghan was just another actress, and many of them haven't had children. Second, Harry just seem to be hell bent on living his personal life his way. If he feared backlash, he wouldn't have put that statement about Meghan out when the press and social media were out of control. That statement in a way turned the heat that was on Meghan over onto Harry himself. He and his team aren't dumb, and knew that people wouldn't just take it as is and not fight back. That was obvious in his statement, but he still did it. He's been very vocal about having that line between his personal and public life.

Plus, it's obvious that he loves children. There are so many ways for him not to answer the question, even if there is this supposed fear over public backlash.

Last edited:
Interesting that he said he doesn't predict marriage. I wonder what his reasons are.

Interesting that he said he doesn't predict marriage. I wonder what his reasons are.
I wouldn't give too much credit to his comments about whether or not he sees marriage. He was on that show talking about them when the story about Meghan meeting Kate came out and went on and on and on about how Meghan just reeks ambition and bagged herself the prince. Just wanted to post the possible new sighting.

I wouldn't give too much credit to his comments about whether or not he sees marriage. He was on that show talking about them when the story about Meghan meeting Kate came out and went on and on and on about how Meghan just reeks ambition and bagged herself the prince. Just wanted to post the possible new sighting.

Aah, ok. I did think it was a bit weird that he just had to insert that prediction there.

Well, the same thing was said about his brother and his then girlfriend by pretty much everyone online. Its always a "wait and see." The words William used to say.

Well, the same thing was said about his brother and his then girlfriend by pretty much everyone online. Its always a "wait and see." The words William used to say.

Yep! The same was said about Will and Kate. That journalist may not see marriage but Harry might and mostly likely does at this point in his life.

I think most Brits don't want to see what's staring them in their faces because Meghan is American and not British. Most probably thought it highly unlikely that anyone would in the RF would marry an American in the end of it all.

I bet they'll be engaged by the Spring as their friends speculate. But we'll see.

Yeah, I can see now, that it's just this person's wild guess based on just his own personal opinion, nothing else.

I think most Brits don't want to see what's staring them in their faces because Meghan is American and not British. Most probably thought it highly unlikely that anyone would in the RF would marry an American in the end of it all.

This is a very sweeping statement. What's your source for it?

Every Brit that I know who's noticed this has said nothing about Meghan being American. Most thought she was Canadian since she lives in Toronto. No one that I know is bothered if Harry's girlfriend is American or not. So long as she commits wholeheartedly to being a member of the BRF if or when they marry I doubt very much that many eyelids would be batted.

Now, if the BRF took a leaf out of the Danish RF's book whereby basically every single member marries a foreigner (OT - are there really no native Danes who can catch the fancy of their royals?) that might be an issue. But that's not gonna happen.

Yep! The same was said about Will and Kate. That journalist may not see marriage but Harry might and mostly likely does at this point in his life.

I bet they'll be engaged by the Spring as their friends speculate. But we'll see.

In the past, it was usual at least for the heir to the Crown, which is not Harry's case, and for princesses of the Royal House to marry foreigners. Those were, however, normally dynastic marriages ,i.e. marriages to members of other royal or princely families. Nowadays, non-British brides for UK princes would probably be negative for the royal family in terms of domestic reaction, unless perhaps the bride came from a Commonwealth country like Australia or Canada.

:previous: I don't see any great british or commonwealth negativity. When it has been covered here in NZ it has been a brief genial comment because officially, there's not much of "note" happening.

Most people seem to think it would be nice if Harry had found his match but are willing to wait to see what happens. Harry's KP release has given the relationship more validity than any sneaky snap so yes, we'll wait and see.

In the end, what it all boils down to is that it doesn't matter one iota if Harry's bride is from the US, Canada, Timbuktu or the Seventh House of Betezed or what the popular opinion of his bride is. If and when Harry decides to marry, it will be his choice and his choice alone and the marriage will happen with the blessing of his monarch.

Everyone else on the planet may have opinions and that's their right to but to think that a marriage would not happen solely because of an opinion of the general population is grasping at straws.

I hate to repea the same old, trival things. But if Charles and Camilla manged to get married, I think that anyone from the BRF in general and Prince Harry and Meghan (or whomever he may ends up with) can marry... Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is.

They might not have a church wedding, Charles and Camilla didn't

They did, however, have a church blessing of the marriage. :D

There really isn't anything much that would create an obstacle for Harry and Meghan should they choose to marry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom