Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually read yesterday in one of the more reliable blogs ( the Toronto based one) that, apart from the India trip, Meghan had based herself in London most of Jan and into February.

Harry looks blinded by the camera flash, lol, but they are cuddled together in the cold, and I bet it was a great date.Good on them! I look forward to an engagement now, actually. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They look lovely together. Now people just leave them alone.

LaRae
This is the first good look we've had of the two of them together - and I must say, I agree with you: they're quite lovely.

I actually read yesterday in one of the more reliable blogs ( the Toronto based one) that, apart from the India trip, Meghan had based herself in London most of Jan and into February.

Harry looks blinded by the camera flash, lol, but they are cuddled together in the cold, and I bet if was a great date.Good on them! I look forward to an engagement now, actually. :)

Mmm hope they don't get engaged to soon. Still a lot to try out the more they are out in the public the better. She has to know what she's in for

Yes, Royal rob, you're right. I didn't mean an engagement right now, just that there has been such misinformation put out there on a couple of influential blogs that people trying to work things out haven't known if they were Arthur or Martha (to use an Australianism) since Christmas. It is good that Meghan has been living with Harry in London since the end of December though. The more time spent together in Britain the better.

Nice to see them out. Only to put some of the people who keep saying they are broken up, set straight.

Makes sense if she is practically living in London. It's not like she lives close by. So taking advantage of her off time from her show, to be with him in London, makes sense. Soon she will be back in Toronto filming, and he will be busy. She can run her website and do any work on her fashion from London right now.

It's nice to see them out and about, but I hope they can continue their relationship without being seen and pictured. I was thinking, that Meghan might've been staying with Harry all this time.

In case anyone's interested, a candid video of Meghan signing autographs in NYC last March popped up in my YouTube suggestions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbXHMgeBwzM

After watching it, my observation is that she's either just really nice, or is very good at turning on the charm/patience when meeting members of the public. Don't know which one it is, but TBH, either one works for me as a quality that I'd like to see in Harry's future bride.

I'm sure he was less than thrilled with the media ...they have done a good job avoiding them the past 2 months..this is only twice now they've let themselves be photographed.

Unfortunately this is going to be something he and his girlfriend/financee/wife will have to deal with for decades to come.

LaRae

Hopefully Harry is enjoying some good cooking and perhaps getting some cooking lessons in.

I'm happy for the guy and I don't even know him. He's been single for a long time and it's good that he's doing good with Meghan. I'm sure the family is pleased and enjoying some banter with him.

Seems it's getting serious and I thought it was only a fling. Well then let's see if they get engaged this spring.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Last summer, they said Eugenie and Jack would get engaged before 2016 was over. It's now Feb 2017, and E&J are still bf and gf.

Harry and Meghan could get engaged in spring 2018 or spring 2019, and this tabloid would brag about being right. "See, we said Spring!!! Inside sources!!!"

The tabloids claimed Eugenie was private. Do as long as an engagement is announced before the end of the year the tabloids will claim they were right. They will say the couple just kept it private for a long time. Some scandal about Fergie and Philip fighting over attending will likely be made up.

Same will happen here. Make vague predictions about Harry. Vague enough they have a large window, but can still claim they had the scoop.

I'm thinking, if they get engaged, it will happen when Meghan is done with Suits. Some tabloids are already trying to hold her acting job against her, but if they get engaged, it'll triple. 'Prince Harry's Fiance kissing another man!!!!!!!' I think everyone would want to avoid that.

I cannot imagine situation with an engagement and Meghan continuing filming Suits.

Unfortunately this is going to be something he and his girlfriend/financee/wife will have to deal with for decades to come.
Exactly. And Harry has been there before.

To me it looks that the relationship is rather serious and I'd rather expect an engagement than a split. Both will need to figure out what to do in royal life because there will be critizim if they aim to be a 'normal' couple but are travelling around the world without purpose that suits a Prince of the UK and his wife.

Just a question: how many times have Richard Eden and Niraj Tanna had it right?

I have to admit I am rather surprised that Harry and Meghan haven't been caught by the cameras more than they have been. They do look so good as a couple though. :D

In case anyone's interested, a candid video of Meghan signing autographs in NYC last March popped up in my YouTube suggestions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbXHMgeBwzM

After watching it, my observation is that she's either just really nice, or is very good at turning on the charm/patience when meeting members of the public. Don't know which one it is, but TBH, either one works for me as a quality that I'd like to see in Harry's future bride.

Thanks for sharing this! She is good with the public which is a great quality for a princess.? I like how she told them she appreciated them standing out in the cold to see her.?

I have often joked how being a good royal is partly being a good actor. For example one has to learn to fake interest and enthusiasm when one is quite bored (in. Danish Royals at opening of parliament). Well here we have a good actor--- logically then it seems she should make a good royal??

I'm sure he was less than thrilled with the media ...they have done a good job avoiding them the past 2 months..this is only twice now they've let themselves be photographed.

LaRae

Exactly!
There's no point in hiding. If they are really serious, they should begin appearing in public frequently and let people get used to the idea. (That might also devalue photos from papparazzi).

Exactly!
There's no point in hiding. If they are really serious, they should begin appearing in public frequently and let people get used to the idea. (That might also devalue photos from papparazzi).

I think hes just trying a new approach with this relationship. His previous relationships went public pretty fast and I think the media pressure got to the young ladies after a while. With age and maturity things change up a bit. They're not hiding but enjoying some privacy. It's an advantage to create a solid foundation. It tells me this is serious.

I don't expect anything of an engagement until suits wraps it's final season (this year I think?) and after summer. I could see an engagement by the end of the year. Wedding spring/summer of 2018.

IF they remain together. They are still in the exploratory stages right now. If they are still together by end of summer...I will know they are really trying to make a long term 'go' of it.

LaRae

I think hes just trying a new approach with this relationship. His previous relationships went public pretty fast and I think the media pressure got to the young ladies after a while. With age and maturity things change up a bit. They're not hiding but enjoying some privacy. It's an advantage to create a solid foundation. It tells me this is serious.

Still, they are only together sporadically. As the Mail article said, Meghan has "virtually moved in together" with Harry, but only when she is in London and when she is not on set filming Suits, which goes back to my previous comment that both Harry and Meghan prioritize their careers over spending time together.

Exactly!

Then they would be accused of courting the press and calling the paps. Well Meghan would be accused of it and Harry would be the clueless victim of Meghan's "quest for attention".

I think they have been handling it well so far.

Then they would be accused of courting the press and calling the paps. Well Meghan would be accused of it and Harry would be the clueless victim of Meghan's "quest for attention".

She'll be accused of that no matter what.

But when you try to hide, it just spurs on the press.

Still, they are only together sporadically. As the Mail article said, Meghan has "virtually moved in together" with Harry, but only when she is in London and when she is not on set filming Suits, which goes back to my previous comment that both Harry and Meghan prioritize their careers over spending time together.

You do realize they made those commitments before they even met each other right? Meghan signed up for Season 7 before they met. Is she supposed to just drop the ball on the entire cast and break her contract just like that and go? As for Harry, it's hard to see how he could get out of his royal engagements. Bottom line is, we have two people who have commitments that were in place before this relationship begin, which they are still obligated to. That hardly makes them prioritizing their careers before relationship.

It just means that they happen to fall in love with someone that have had a life in another country, and it takes time before they can completely uproot their lives. We've seen them make the best effort they can to spend time together. The fact that Meghan pretty much spends most of her time off from filming in London, and Harry made that trip to Toronto for 36 hours after his Caribbean trip shows that both are trying to balance their relationship with the commitments they've already made.

I think their approach is just fine, and works well for them. They've been getting to spend time with each other on the quiet, Meghan maybe getting used to the whole thing one step at a time. First figuring out and seeing if the initial attraction lasts. Then meeting friends, family. And getting used to the press scrutiny, the public interest, while seeing who will blab to the tabloids. IMO there has been no reason to be out and about in the public until all this has been done. It seems like both of them really want to continue this relationship, so perhaps they'll be seen more in the public from now on.

I don't understand this comment at all. Should Meghan break her contract
with Suits now that she met Harry and is in a relationship with him? 5-6 years she's been working on that show, it's been great for her, but she has to stop it, and break her contract to make Harry her 'priority'? That's not how responsible adults act.

Last edited:
Exactly!

Why should they have to do anything? Their relationship, at this point, is private. They aren't married or even engaged. People need time to get to know each other in the relationship. I doubt they are hiding, they just don't need the paparazzi to intrude every time they go out. And it seems that with the royals, it doesn't matter how much they get used to it, there is an immense amount of interest in the relationship unless you are over a certain age.

It's not easy carrying out a long distance courtship. They're also very busy people. They have to tend to their professional lives, but we can clearly see they are doing what they have to in order to be together. Also, we don't see them all the time, so we can't say they don't spend a lot of time together. Most of their time is spent out of the publics eye and at home.

If they finished filming season 6 of Suits in November, when do they have to resume filming for the next season?

I think their approach is just fine, and works well for them. They've been getting to spend time with each other on the quiet, Meghan maybe getting used to the whole thing one step at a time. First figuring out and seeing if the initial attraction lasts. Then meeting friends, family. And getting used to the press scrutiny, the public interest, while seeing who will blab to the tabloids. IMO there has been no reason to be out and about in the public until all this has been done. It seems like both of them really want to continue this relationship, so perhaps they'll be seen more in the public from now on.

I don't understand this comment at all. Should Meghan break her contract
with Suits now that she met Harry and is in a relationship with him? 5-6 years she's been working on that show, it's been great for her, but she has to stop it, and break her contract to make Harry her 'priority'? That's not how responsible adults act.

I was not implying they should neglect their previous professional committments to be together. I was simply making a statement of fact, namely that, when confronted with the choice of either being together or being apart to fulfill professional obligations, the latter had priority over the former, which discredits in a way the Mail's headline that they virtually "moved in together" (an obvious exaggeration for two people who still live in two separate continents).

I was not implying they should neglect their previous professional committments to be together. I was simply making a statement of fact, namely that, when confronted with the choice of either being together or being apart to fulfill professional obligations, the latter had priority over the former, which discredits in a way the Mail's headline that they virtually "moved in together" (an obvious exaggeration for two people who still live in two separate continents).

There actually is no choice to be made. Meghan has made a contract, which she simply can't break. It's not a choice of being together or not, when they're working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom