Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: on the contrary, Cocoasneeze. These are her two chief attackers on Tumblr blog sites. They boasted about their enquiries, then said the trip was all lies and never planned.

There are unpleasant people elsewhere as well, who don't want this relationship to succeed. They pick on every little thing they can.
They pick and pick and when there's nothing to pick at they make things up. Last week, for instance, they were insisting that Meghan didn't actually graduate from Northwestern University. Nevermind that Northwestern has actually referred to the woman as an alum in various news articles about her - that's all a lie to make her seem more educated thanks actually is, apparently. SMH.

Back on topic please, lets talk about the relationship, not about the media - there are other threads for that.

No, she wasn't a household name. But she also wasn't a nobody. She's had the kind of acting success that thousands, if not millions, of actresses would give their eye teeth for.

Be that as it may, there's no denying that Meghan went from a little-known actress to the most Googled actress of 2016.

That was entirely on the strength of her relationshipwith Harry.

Be that as it may, there's no denying that Meghan went from a little-known actress to the most Googled actress of 2016.

So far it hasn't helped her career wise at all, though. People googling her name won't bring her acting jobs.

What were the chance that she would have an acting job outside of Hallmark films when Suits ended without Harry? I don't think her relationship (dating) hinder her career

The fact is, Meghan's fame is tied to Prince Harry. When I found out they were dating, I googled her and still didn't know who she was. Never heard of her or her show.

That's fine, Harry is one of the most famous royals in the world, but let's not pretend Meghan is his equal as far as name recognition goes.

When they break up she will be forever known as Prince Harry's former girlfriend.

I watched 3 seasons of Suits and never bothered to find out her real name. When it was first reported actress Meghan Markle was dating Prince Harry, I had no idea who that was until I saw her and thought, "oh Rachel is dating Prince Harry!" :ROFLMAO:

I hope she finds better roles if ever the relationship doesn't pan out. She is so unlikable as Rachel and actually stopped watching the show mainly because of her character. That being said, I hope these two make it work.

And that fact won't help her at all. I'm not saying that she was going to have a huge career outside of Hallmark movies, without dating Harry, but this relationship won't help her career either.

In a way they're lucky she still has 1 or 2 seasons of suits left, whike just dating Harry. She has a steady job, and won't have to look for other jobs, to audition, because that would be impossible. They can date, and see if they want to get more serious, get engaged etc. If the relationship progresses, she'll have to quit acting, buit suits will end anyay, so it might happen organically. I know I'm talking ahead of the current situation, I'm just thinking what if future scenarios.

Meghan Markle isn't an A-list actress where she would be known all across the country and abroad. She's likely on the B-list where she's known just a bit. She's a bit known pre-dating Harry.

It's important to not get her fame confused with post-dating Harry. She's more known around the country and abroad because it's known she's dating Harry, but some folks already knew her name and show before she and Harry got involved.

She's already an accomplished young lady and don't need the attention from her relationship to get her through the door. She's done that on her own.

Last edited:
If the relationship ends and her acting career continues, I can definitely see her high profile leading to more parts. Not necessarily because of talent or being right for a part, but Hollywood loves publicity, and, at least at first, acting projects of the former girlfriend of PH will garner tons of attention. However, if the publicity does not translate into $$ then it will be short-lived.

I don't think anyone is debating that she is more known now. But the idea that no one knew who she was before Harry or that this relationship with Harry has proved beneficial for her career is simply not true. Fact is, she's already accomplished a lot for herself despite being a "little-known actress". The charity work we see her doing, her fashion collection, came on the strength of her ability to communicate and make connections. She didn't need Harry and she won't need his name *if* they happen to break up.

I think that anyone who is connected with a royal receives added attention. We know of Harry's friend Inge because he was connected to both of Harry's relationships as well as his charity work. I know where to go if I want to see the Northern Lights. Back when Diana was alive I found out about the products she loved and I would shop at stores like The Body Shop. It happens and it will always happen.

After seeing what she posts and thinks, how her family does not seem discreet at all, but rather already willing to cash in... I would tell Harry to run and run fast. My gut tells me this is not good for him or the Monarchy. They all seem to be loose cannons. It is the 21st century, and while people should be able to choose who they wish to marry on their own, this is different. I read what she posted too this weekend, and not good for the Royal Family.

The British press would be relentless if they announced their engagement between the brother, her personal views, the father being indiscreet, and the fact they seem not to be able to keep their mouths shut.

What she posts and thinks :ermm: yes, a woman who supports sanitation, education and health for women and children in third world countries, who could want that in a royal. I mean if she insists on posting,meant she post about purses and dinner parties and floral arrangements :bang:

She is an actress and ambassador. Being on social media is part of her career and work. There is nothing in her posts inappropriate or embarrassing for Harry or his family. And at no time does she discus him or their relationship.

This recent post you dis is about a letter about ending poverty for women

https://mobile.twitter.com/meghanmarkle?lang=en

And if the misdeeds of family stopped a girlfriend, not sure we would have any royal brides. Maybe Sophie as her family has been quiet. Certainly Diana, Fergie, Kate, Philip, and Camilla would not make the list.

How has her father been indiscreet?

What personal views of Meghan are bad for the monarchy or Harry?

The DM's daily Meghan update. Some 'quotes to live by' including Oprah Winfrey, Gandhi and Mother Teresa :p

Meghan Markle reveals her favourite lifestyle mantras | Daily Mail Online

all this is old rehash.
Save

What she posts and thinks :ermm: yes, a woman who supports sanitation, education and health for women and children in third world countries, who could want that in a royal. I mean if she insists on posting,meant she post about purses and dinner parties and floral arrangements :bang:

She is an actress and ambassador. Being on social media is part of her career and work. There is nothing in her posts inappropriate or embarrassing for Harry or his family. And at no time does she discus him or their relationship.

This recent post you dis is about a letter about ending poverty for women

https://mobile.twitter.com/meghanmarkle?lang=en

And if the misdeeds of family stopped a girlfriend, not sure we would have any royal brides. Maybe Sophie as her family has been quiet. Certainly Diana, Fergie, Kate, Philip, and Camilla would not make the list.

Well maybe one day Harry will find his manic pixie perfect girlfriend who is a virginal princess who has never had an opinion or dated another man who also can keep up with fast times Harry. Good luck to her...she is going to need it and more.

Save

Last edited by a moderator:
If the relationship ends and her acting career continues, I can definitely see her high profile leading to more parts. Not necessarily because of talent or being right for a part, but Hollywood loves publicity, and, at least at first, acting projects of the former girlfriend of PH will garner tons of attention. However, if the publicity does not translate into $$ then it will be short-lived.

I agree. I thought that rather obvious to be honest. And I see nothing wrong with it from her standpoint. One takes whatever opportunity is thrown our way and we run with it, famous or not. The same happened with Harry's previous girlfriend.

After seeing what she posts and thinks, how her family does not seem discreet at all, but rather already willing to cash in... I would tell Harry to run and run fast. My gut tells me this is not good for him or the Monarchy. They all seem to be loose cannons. It is the 21st century, and while people should be able to choose who they wish to marry on their own, this is different. I read what she posted too this weekend, and not good for the Royal Family.

The British press would be relentless if they announced their engagement between the brother, her personal views, the father being indiscreet, and the fact they seem not to be able to keep their mouths shut.

The only people talking are her half siblings who are 20 years older than she is. As an only child her closest family are her mother and her father who have remained silent. It is worth noting that the mother's side of the family that was branded Straight out of compton which is racist have remained silent and out of the picture.

I don't see anything posted on her twitter and IG this weekend? A lot of the issues she talks about are for championing equality for women, how is that wrong or political? It's only political because we just elected a misogynist man as President. I think both Republican and Democrat parties have publicly agreed women should be respected? How is advocating for gender equality and promoting health and sanitation for girls in impoverished countries so they can stay in school bad for the Monarchy?

Also, her dad hasn't said anything. Neither has her mom. Not for the lack of trying from media though. Her estranged half siblings likes to talk, but every family has their own black sheep.

Getting high profile roles because of publicity is an overstatement. If that were the case, many aspiring actors girlfriend/boyfriend of high profile stars or children of high profile stars who have big following on social media/tabloid media would be getting high profile roles.

Let's not forget here that Meghan is in one of the most insecure professions in the world. About 90% of all actors and actresses are unemployed at any one time. Many have to have another job while they constantly audition. Knowing that, the fact that this woman has a regular role on a TV series and has appeared in films, both on the big screen and the small, is one hell of an accomplishment. Most actors and actresses never get that chance.

And I agree that the fact that Meghan tries to make a difference in her private life, in the charities and causes she has taken up is wholly admirable. As for the Tig site, what is she to do in order to be more discreet? Neglect it and allow it to die, sacrificing the probable $100,000 a year she earns from it, simply because she is dating Harry?

Regardless of the state of her fame and fortune due to her career, one thing stands out for me. She was successful on her own merits before Harry came into the picture and should the relationship fizzle out, she'll be comfortable enough in her own skin to continue to live her life on her own merits without him. She doesn't need Harry to make or break her in her place in the world.

Perhaps this is what Harry admires about her. He has a woman that has built up her life how she wants it to be, has taken on causes and issues and charitable works because she wants to and shares things in common with Harry. He's met a woman that sees Harry the man and not Harry the prince with a huge bank account. Every person who has wanted a strong, loving relationship wants that special someone that sees them for who they are and not the outer trappings.

What points this out so much for me is the fact that the few and far between reports that we've been able to establish as fact show that this isn't a couple that relishes living the high life with glitzy $5K a night hotel rooms, being out and being seen with the top A-listers or reports of expensive gifts of cars, jewels and over the top trinkets but a couple that are more the "just the two of us in some remote place" or staying in playing with dogs and cooking their own food and just focusing on each other.

They've kept to themselves and have kept their relationship private and its driving people crazy. They've also continued to live their public lives and do what they do knowing they don't have to gush publicly about each other or be in each other's back pockets all the time. If there is any woman in this world that could love Harry and take him as he is with all that come with him, I think Meghan is a pretty good contender for that role. However, it is up to them to decide. I'll just watch from the sidelines and wish them well. :D

Let's not forget here that Meghan is in one of the most insecure professions in the world. About 90% of all actors and actresses are unemployed at any one time. Many have to have another job while they constantly audition. Knowing that, the fact that this woman has a regular role on a TV series and has appeared in films, both on the big screen and the small, is one hell of an accomplishment. Most actors and actresses never get that chance.

And I agree that the fact that Meghan tries to make a difference in her private life, in the charities and causes she has taken up is wholly admirable. As for the Tig site, what is she to do in order to be more discreet? Neglect it and allow it to die, sacrificing the probable $100,000 a year she earns from it, simply because she is dating Harry?

This is true, I also think that her website is a plus especially when more famous actresses like Blake Lively fail at the lifestyle website brand.

IMHO if she wanted just fame and publicity she is doing WAY to much work when all she needed to do was hit the red carpet, act stupid and say stupid things. But instead she writes essays, gives speeches and does charity work. If she only wanted fame, she would know that the easiest way to just get fame is to not work but just be stupid.

"They've kept to themselves and have kept their relationship private and its driving people crazy"

Apart from some people on this forum I don't think many care what their doing. At first it was all exciting who is she what does she do etc but I think now most people think there are much more important things happening. Unless there is an engagement I don't think anyone much is going crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

"They've kept to themselves and have kept their relationship private and its driving people crazy"

Apart from some people on this forum I don't think many care what their doing. At first it was all exciting who is she what does she do etc but I think now most people think there are much more important things happening. Unless there is an engagement I don't think anyone much is going crazy.

Eh, the Daily Mail runs 2, 3 articles about Meghan every day - their coverage is increasingly passive aggressive, and the comment sections are always packed with vitriol from their inexplicably aggrieved readers. I think the press furor had died down because Meghan and Prince Harry have been very, very low profile - Meghan hasn't posted to her personal IG in over a month - but the interest and "the crazy" is still there, and it's not contained to this forum.

Previous ..well I'm looking at the wrong articles then cause I'm not seeing that much. I suppose I'm over it myself.

I agree. I thought that rather obvious to be honest. And I see nothing wrong with it from her standpoint. One takes whatever opportunity is thrown our way and we run with it, famous or not. The same happened with Harry's previous girlfriend.
I thought it obvious too, which is why I was surprised that some posters felt that her high profile as PH's girlfriend would not increase her acting prospects. It has nothing to do with her acting capabilities (which I know nothing of), but I do not think that Hollywood players would pass up a chance to have the publicity of PH's ex associated with their project.

Eh, the Daily Mail runs 2, 3 articles about Meghan every day - their coverage is increasingly passive aggressive, and the comment sections are always packed with vitriol from their inexplicably aggrieved readers. I think the press furor had died down because Meghan and Prince Harry have been very, very low profile - Meghan hasn't posted to her personal IG in over a month - but the interest and "the crazy" is still there, and it's not contained to this forum.

I just looked the daily mail app to see something about them got to number 50 and have up. Much more important things I guess I'm in Australia so have other news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom