Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm getting ahead of myself again but I do know the four more common months for Royal Weddings are April,June,July,November with December as a honourable mention...If They did marry this year like some bookies say I think November would be the month they choose.The Queen and DofE wedding anniversary is in November and it's a milestone and I wonder if Harry would want to marry on that day for luck? Is it allowed to share a wedding date with a current monarch or is that a no? I heard you can even wear the same color as the Queen at some events so I'm just wondering.

I don't know if it has ever happened in the uk, but Victoria and Daniel share a wedding anniversary with her parents. But November 20th is a Monday this year which is very unlikely as a wedding day. And I don't see Harry proposing that soon IMO.

Last edited:
Anne married Mark Philips on Charles birthday. That's probably the closest in recent British royal marriages being a certain day. To me, it would be in poor taste for Harry to get married on his grandparents 70th wedding anniversary. Not that many people get to celebrate 70 years together. The focus should be on the Queen and Philip for that day.

I could see them getting engaged at some point this year, but I think a marriage seems unlikely and too rushed for 2017.

I don't see them getting engaged or married this year... but on the issue of a marriage and an engagement in the same year being rushed, it's actually fairly common.

The Queen and DoE: engagement announced July 1947, married the following November
Charles and Diana: engaged in February 1981, married the following July
Charles and Camilla: engagement announced February 2005, married the following April
William and Kate: engagement announced November 2010, married the following April
Anne and Mark: engaged May 1973, married the following November
Anne and Tim: I can't find when their engagement was announced, but as her divorce wasn't finalized until April 1992 and she and Tim married the following December, I'm thinking it happened sometime between April and December
Peter and Autumn: engagement announced July 2007, married April 2008
Zara and Mike: engagement announced December 2010, married the following July
Andrew and Sarah: engaged in February 1986, announced in March, and married in July
Edward and Sophie: engagement announced January 1999, married the following June

One thing to note is that many of the engagements may have occurred well before they were announced; we know when Charles proposed to Diana and when Andrew proposed to Sarah, but for some of the others they may have been engaged for some time before the engagement was announced publicly.

I think if Harry and Meghan become engaged this year, a public announcement won't happen until after her commitments to Suits are finished.

Unlike a regular engaged couple, a royal couple has the might of the palace to help with all the planning and preparation. The reception is a royal venue. Money is not really a problem. It's helps to speed the process along.

I don't see them getting engaged or married this year... but on the issue of a marriage and an engagement in the same year being rushed, it's actually fairly common.

The Queen and DoE: engagement announced July 1947, married the following November
Charles and Diana: engaged in February 1981, married the following July
Charles and Camilla: engagement announced February 2005, married the following April
William and Kate: engagement announced November 2010, married the following April
Anne and Mark: engaged May 1973, married the following November
Anne and Tim: I can't find when their engagement was announced, but as her divorce wasn't finalized until April 1992 and she and Tim married the following December, I'm thinking it happened sometime between April and December
Peter and Autumn: engagement announced July 2007, married April 2008
Zara and Mike: engagement announced December 2010, married the following July
Andrew and Sarah: engaged in February 1986, announced in March, and married in July
Edward and Sophie: engagement announced January 1999, married the following June

One thing to note is that many of the engagements may have occurred well before they were announced; we know when Charles proposed to Diana and when Andrew proposed to Sarah, but for some of the others they may have been engaged for some time before the engagement was announced publicly.

I think if Harry and Meghan become engaged this year, a public announcement won't happen until after her commitments to Suits are finished.

Yes, I know royal weddings tend to happen quickly after an engagement. What I had meant was that I think it would be unlikely for them to get both engaged and married this year. I don't particularly see an engagement happening until fall of this year (at the earliest). On the off chance they do get engaged end of summer/fall, I would have doubts that they would then get married before the year's end, especially with the invictus games in the fall and then the holidays taking up a lot of December. I would think early 2018 would be most likely.

Last edited:
I thought it took 3-4 months to plan a royal wedding that's the only reason I said late this year...Usually people date for a year and have a 5 month engagement.It depends on the couple I guess...Just going with the usual royal wedding every 6 years and since Will and Kate's was 2011 I figured this was Harry's year.The Royal Family just seems very timed to me so I was fully expecting a 2017 wedding.If not by Harry,Eugenie maybe...If someone doesn't get married this year I'll be shocked!

I am sorry but they are not going to push Harry or Eugenie to get married to keep to some sux year pattern.:ohmy: besides the average for dating before engagement is not a year and you mentioned, but three years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is the right forum for this question but if Meghan decided to go to Wimbledon again this year do you think she would be able to bring Harry or would he not come because of all the attention they might get? I'm just really hoping for an official outing and the next big thing is Wimbledon but has Harry even gone with anyone other than his family before? I know they will when they are ready but I think Kate was at last year's Wimbledon so there is some sort of hope another Royal will show this year.

Posts discussing social media accounts that have ignored the previous Moderator request have been deleted. Further posts not related to the topic of the thread will similarly be deleted.

Apologies, Jacknch.

On the issue of Wimbledon - I'm not sure if Harry typically attends, but it's fairly common for members of the BRF to attend. I believe Kate frequently attends, and Prince Michael is a patron of it.

I believe Harry has attended sporting events with girlfriends in the past, so I would expect to see Harry and Meghan attend some together at some point. She's a fan of Wimbledon and he'll have access to the Royal Box.

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question but if Meghan decided to go to Wimbledon again this year do you think she would be able to bring Harry or would he not come because of all the attention they might get? I'm just really hoping for an official outing and the next big thing is Wimbledon but has Harry even gone with anyone other than his family before? I know they will when they are ready but I think Kate was at last year's Wimbledon so there is some sort of hope another Royal will show this year.

Wimbledon is pretty high profile. They would sit in the royal box and the tabloids will have a field day

I think a first outing together is more likely to be a wedding or polo match. I don't really know how he did this sort of thing in the past.

I think Harry and Cressida went to a concert together.

Last edited:
Apologies, Jacknch.

On the issue of Wimbledon - I'm not sure if Harry typically attends, but it's fairly common for members of the BRF to attend. I believe Kate frequently attends, and Prince Michael is a patron of it.

I believe Harry has attended sporting events with girlfriends in the past, so I would expect to see Harry and Meghan attend some together at some point. She's a fan of Wimbledon and he'll have access to the Royal Box.

I almost feel like they'll appear somewhere together soon, just to stop the 24/7 hounding of them by the press. Of course the press will always want pictures of them together, but if they get a couple of good shots of them (because let's face it, the pics from the Sun were awful quality), maybe their attempts won't be quite so unrelenting.

I almost feel like they'll appear somewhere together soon, just to stop the 24/7 hounding of them by the press. Of course the press will always want pictures of them together, but if they get a couple of good shots of them (because let's face it, the pics from the Sun were awful quality), maybe their attempts won't be quite so unrelenting.

Fair point. Nonstop speculation just leads to people being desperate to find out more. If they are seen together more frequently, eventually the pics would probably sell for less since they won't be so hard to find.

If they went to Wimbledon [having not appeared A LOT in Public before then] it would be HIGHLY insensitive to the players whose Match they attend. They will inevitably be the centre of attention, rather than the two players. I think the All England club organisers, and 'the Palace' would quash that idea.

Apologies, Jacknch.

Prince Michael isn't anything with Wimbledon. The Queen was patron and now it's Kate. The Duke of Kent is President. Harry has never attended a tennis match before. Rugby and Soccer - Yes. Tennis-no. Meghan was in Serena Williams's personal box last year's Wimbledon.

You're completely right, Skippy. I don't know why I thought it was Prince Michael - must have him on the brain.

I don't think attending a match would be disrespectful to the players at all. The coverage of the match and the coverage of Harry's love life is going to be done by different sets of press and appear in different sections of the paper. There are always pictures of who was in the crowd at Wimbledon, making me think they probably have photographers whose job it is to take pictures of the crowd.

I thought about it and I think if Harry did decide to go it would be a loss for him anyway in the tabloids...A Royal Girlfriend in the Royal Box would be looked down on and If she went and had a regular seat he would be bashed for not having her in the Royal Box.I know she likes tennis so if she goes I hope she isn't bashed for it this year.That brings me to the Invictus Games...They supposedly met over Meghan wanting to volunteer for it but then it turned into a relationship...Would Meghan be able to volunteer or would that turn into a field day for the press as well and take away from the games if they are still together? If it was possible what kind of role could she possibly have in it unless she is working behind the scenes...I just can't see her being able to do the Invictus Games in September anymore as a Royal Girlfriend...It's possible Paps from the UK will even follow them there for a photographers field day...I'm almost sure paps have followed Harry and Chelsy to South Africa before...The outings I had hoped for are sounding unlikely now.It suddenly makes so much sense why Harry always hides his women the best he can.Invictus is just too big of an event in my opinion for her to have an open role in it.

I thought about it and I think if Harry did decide to go it would be a loss for him anyway in the tabloids...A Royal Girlfriend in the Royal Box would be looked down on and If she went and had a regular seat he would be bashed for not having her in the Royal Box.I know she likes tennis so if she goes I hope she isn't bashed for it this year.That brings me to the Invictus Games...They supposedly met over Meghan wanting to volunteer for it but then it turned into a relationship...Would Meghan be able to volunteer or would that turn into a field day for the press as well and take away from the games if they are still together? If it was possible what kind of role could she possibly have in it unless she is working behind the scenes...I just can't see her being able to do the Invictus Games in September anymore as a Royal Girlfriend...It's possible Paps from the UK will even follow them there for a photographers field day...I'm almost sure paps have followed Harry and Chelsy to South Africa before...The outings I had hoped for are sounding unlikely now.It suddenly makes so much sense why Harry always hides his women the best he can.Invictus is just too big of an event in my opinion for her to have an open role in it.

Why would she be looked down upon for being in the Royal Box? Because she's the girlfriend of a royal? Non-royals are allowed in the Royal Box and frequently attend Wimbledon there (Kate's family has often been photographed there).

Invictus is different and would be inappropriate. Invictus is an official event for Harry, and to have his girlfriend there... it's not an issue of the paps and what not having a field day so much as he shouldn't be bringing his girlfriend (not herself a part of the Royal Family) on official engagements.

Harry hasn't always hidden his girlfriends; he has always been very careful at protecting his private life and has guarded his relationships, but he didn't completely hide them away. He and Chelsy attended a number of public events while together, and after the first photos of him and Cressda leaked they were photographed together in public a number of times as well.

Harry's not going to hide his relationship with Meghan forever. He's not stupid, he knows they're going to be photographed when in public. I think the fact is more that the time of year (resulting in people being bundled up while outside) and the relationship being long distance (resulting in them not being in the same place at the same time as much) has lead to fewer opportunities for them to be photographed in public.

I do think it's possible that Meghan will attend the Invictus games at some point. Is he might go to one of the competitions.

I do think it's possible that Meghan will attend the Invictus games at some point. Is he might go to one of the competitions.

Yeah, I agree. I could easily see her attending a portion of the event.

If she wearing a volunteer uniform with a bunch of other volunteers directing spectators to the venues or helping the athletes behind the scenes, the press probably would not even notice her. If she is just hanging out with Harry watching the events then she is going to get photographed but hanging out with Harry isn't really volunteering at the event.

I guess I don't understand why it'd be a problem for her to attend the Invictus Games? Just cause Harry's there and it's 'his thing' doesn't mean she can't get involved or just attend to watch.

LaRae

I know Invictus is an official event for Harry but I thought it was personal and not an official royal event? This is why I assumed we would see Meghan show up at some point. And it's still over 8 months away which means they will have been dating for over a year. So I would not be surprised if Meghan shows up at a few of the sporting competitions with Harry.

Meghan has all the subtlety of a hammer :lol:

The Tig @thetigofficial
#Nature is #magic. ❄❤ #snowday #cabin #cabinfever #winterwonderland #TheTig

https://twitter.com/thetigofficial/status/817853827428843520

Assuming this is legit...lovely picture!

LaRae

I know Invictus is an official event for Harry but I thought it was personal and not an official royal event? This is why I assumed we would see Meghan show up at some point. And it's still over 8 months away which means they will have been dating for over a year. So I would not be surprised if Meghan shows up at a few of the sporting competitions with Harry.

She seems like the sporty type of girl. She hikes etc. Something like the games or other events like that would be right in her wheelhouse.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Meghan has all the subtlety of a hammer :lol:

The Tig @thetigofficial
#Nature is #magic. ❄❤ #snowday #cabin #cabinfever #winterwonderland #TheTig

https://twitter.com/thetigofficial/status/817853827428843520

She definitely enjoys toying with the media. I suppose it's good to have a sense of humor about it all.

As for Wimbledon, the York princesses have brought their boyfriends as dates in the past. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that Harry might do the same. His personality and behavior are more similar to Beatrice and Eugenie than to his brother. But if they want to avoid the media drama, they'll probably do what they did last year. Meghan goes as a guest of Serena, and Harry stays home, he doesn't seem to care about tennis anyway.

The opening and closing is the official part of the games. All the other days are the competitions. There's nothing wrong with her attending those days.

She definitely enjoys toying with the media. I suppose it's good to have a sense of humor about it all.

As for Wimbledon, the York princesses have brought their boyfriends as dates in the past. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that Harry might do the same. His personality and behavior are more similar to Beatrice and Eugenie than to his brother. But if they want to avoid the media drama, they'll probably do what they did last year. Meghan goes as a guest of Serena, and Harry stays home, he doesn't seem to care about tennis anyway.

I can see Harry getting a kick out of it too...he seems like he would enjoy jabbing the media.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom