Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I support Harry and Meghan's relationship, and yeah there are differences between Meghan and Sweden's Princess Sofia but there are similarities as well.

First of all Sofia was not a nude model, she posed nude once and was not a teenager at the time.

While not a reality show, Meghan "showed herself off" on Deal or no Deal.

I could be wrong but I doubt if Meghan has been self-supporting since the early 2000s, even when taking into account that she worked as a calligrapher in addition to acting. Maybe Sofia's private life could be considered colorful vis a vis Meghan, but to me it looks like they both basically lived off wealthy men, and while doing so engaged in fun stuff, however both also have a social conscious and did activities in that area as well.

Kissing a woman on a reality TV show, posting a picture of spooning bananas the day the story breaks that you are dating the world's most eligible bachelor, potayto, potahto.
Kissing a woman on reality TV and posting a pic of two spooning bananas isn't even close to being the same thing. And I'm puzzled as to how anyone came to that conclusion. Especially considering that most eligible bachelor was with her when she posted it and likely knew that was going to be posted and, from everything that's happened since, doesn't seem to see it as a problem.

As for living off of wealthy men, we don't know anything about Meghan's ex husband to make such a claim? And certainly if she was living off of a wealthy man, she wouldn't have to have held odd jobs like being a calligrapher, teaching gift wrapping, or do deal and no deal. Sounds like to me she is just like any other auditioning actor or actress in LA. And quite frankly, it's insulting to suggest anyone was living off of wealthy man without evidence. Especially considering no one has ever heard of his so called wealth or success.

Deal or No Deal is a game show, not nearly the same level of other reality shows that's started to show up. She stands there with a brief case. No tacky behavior required.

I think there is really only one role where a woman becomes bigger and better as she ages and that is going from being a mother to a grandmother. Its just so much fun and less work. :D

There have been multitudes of people that start out in one profession and then find an even more rewarding field for them to pursue. Quite a few hip hop artists have become successful actors (Ice T as Odifin Tutuola on L&O:SVU and LL Cool J as Sam Hanna on NCIS:LA come to mind) and the popular psychologist TV doctor, Dr. Phil McGraw, whose previous career has spurned the new series "Bull".

Being a successful actress on a TV series put Meghan in Toronto where she crossed paths with Harry and that may lead to an even more fulfilling life than she's ever dreamed possible. We'll just have to wait and see what develops.

Kissing a woman on reality TV and posting a pic of two spooning bananas isn't even close to being the same thing. And I'm puzzled as to how anyone came to that conclusion. Especially considering that most eligible bachelor was with her when she posted it and likely knew that was going to be posted and, from everything that's happened since, doesn't seem to see it as a problem.

As for living off of wealthy men, we don't know anything about Meghan's ex husband to make such a claim? And certainly if she was living off of a wealthy man, she wouldn't have to have held odd jobs like being a calligrapher, teaching gift wrapping, or do deal and no deal. Sounds like to me she is just like any other auditioning actor or actress in LA. And quite frankly, it's insulting to suggest anyone was living off of wealthy man without evidence. Especially considering no one has ever heard of his so called wealth or success.

Deal or No Deal is a game show, not nearly the same level of other reality shows that's started to show up. She stands there with a brief case. No tacky behavior required.

A woman in a 7 year relationship with one man while still working different jobs and getting small movie parts is called living off a wealthy man? Likewise when she was in suits she had a relationship with a professional chef who while famous in Canada he is no Jamie Oliver or Gordon Ramsey. If all Megan wanted was fame from the men she was with she is an UNDERACHIEVER! Forget Prince Harry if Meghan wanted only attention she could of went after Drake or a Toronto Raptor...she would of had fame, attention, money without all the bitter women taking swipes at her.

A woman in a 7 year relationship with one man while still working different jobs and getting small movie parts is called living off a wealthy man? Likewise when she was in suits she had a relationship with a professional chef who while famous in Canada he is no Jamie Oliver or Gordon Ramsey. If all Megan wanted was fame from the men she was with she is an UNDERACHIEVER! Forget Prince Harry if Meghan wanted only attention she could of went after Drake or a Toronto Raptor...she would of had fame, attention, money without all the bitter women taking swipes at her.

Not to mention, during the entirety of the relationship, she never spoke a about the chef or post any personal pic of the two on her social media. So clearly, while this woman shares some parts of her private life with fans, certain aspects have always been off limits.

lol lol lol Compare Sofia from Sweden with Meghan is totally ridiculous. To begin with, Sofia doesn't even know how to speak in public, Meghan has personality, ideas,is articulate, speaks very well, represents women in the ONU ... not to mention the rest

Where does this idea, that Meghan was living off wealthy men come from? It's quite insulting and sexist, with no proof to back it up.

I'm pretty sure she refused spousal support after her divorce from the producer...Meaning she didn't marry for money...If she did she would have gotten half but she didn't.Whoever even brought this up should be ashamed to assume that especially from an actress who has admitted to odd jobs until she found work...Sounds like a determined woman to me and in the end it paid off for her.She did something right.I think she did maybe 2-3 episodes of Deal or No Deal and quit because she found it degrading...She started small and then got a better role,that's the way to do it! She's proud of herself.Bottom line,she doesn't need a man's money or support,she made it on her own.

With the relationship between Harry and Meghan now in full swing, I think we all need to step back a bit and think before we post. There are bound to be a gazillion different reports filled with innuendo and gossip and totally made up stories that a reporter pulls out of his hat to garner attention and have click bait.

As it is pretty much the rule of things here on TRF that we don't deal in gossip and speculation of the wild sorts, maybe we all should ask ourselves before we post the latest Sun article or Daily Mail article or TMZ rumors if it can even be seen as being credible in any way? I know there are a lot of yellow journalist out there that will print any little thing that comes across their desk regardless of its credibility but it is also up to ourselves to be discriminating enough not to pass on garbage.

I think it'd make for a more interesting and intelligent discussion if we can just veer away from the inane and the insinuations and the reports of a derogatory nature based on a person's misplaced self righteousness that comes out in print. Just because places like the Daily Mail print this kind of stuff doesn't mean it needs to be reposted here.

Lets be responsible folks. :flowers:

Where does this idea, that Meghan was living off wealthy men come from? It's quite insulting and sexist, with no proof to back it up.
I was the one who brought it up. As I stated at the beginning of my comment, I support Harry and Meghan's relationship but I disagreed with some points made in a comment comparing Meghan and Princess Sofia of Sweden.

Regarding my "living off wealthy men," I did throw in qualifying words like "I could be wrong but..." and "to me it looks like..." I am not going back down from the comment and feel that I have a sound basis for my position, which does not mean that others can't see it differently. I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place, because I can elaborate on how I came to the conclusions I came to but, given the reaction, that will likely be seen as throwing negativity at someone that I am rooting for.

Bear in mind that my comment was in response to a post that had several disparaging comments directed at Princess Sofia - for the record, I like Sofia but I don't think she is above reproach. I guess the lesson learned here is to be careful about tearing someone else down to make another person look good.

I was the one who brought it up. As I stated at the beginning of my comment, I support Harry and Meghan's relationship but I disagreed with some points made in a comment comparing Meghan and Princess Sofia of Sweden.

Regarding my "living off wealthy men," I did throw in qualifying words like "I could be wrong but..." and "to me it looks like..." I am not going back down from the comment and feel that I have a sound basis for my position, which does not mean that others can't see it differently. I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place, because I can elaborate on how I came to the conclusions I came to but, given the reaction, that will likely be seen as throwing negativity at someone that I am rooting for.

Bear in mind that my comment was in response to a post that had several disparaging comments directed at Princess Sofia - for the record, I like Sofia but I don't think she is above reproach. I guess the lesson learned here is to be careful about tearing someone else down to make another person look good.
The comments about Sofia had facts backing them up. Your opinion of Meghan living off of wealthy man didn't. That's the difference here. If it's based facts, then that's just stating facts. If it's stating without facts, and tarnished someone's reputation. That's libel.

I really get where you're coming from with all this but it is not uncommon here for posters to ask you to back up what you say with a credible source. We have to be responsible enough to maintain a sensible, reasonable and intelligent discussion about things without resorting to speculation, gossip and hearsay as that leads to misinformation that could be passed on and then taken as fact.

Your opinion is valid and your own and respected but it does help to elaborate on how you came to such a conclusion sometimes with credible facts to back it up.

I agree that the comparisons that have been made in this thread between Princess Sofia of Sweden and Meghan Markle are out of place as each woman is unique unto her own self. Its my own opinion that no one should be disrespected for any reason. Its OK not to like someone but in my book, if you can't say anything positive about someone, its best to say nothing at all.

But there's no support to the idea, that she was living off men. There's no way to prove it without seeing her and her exes tax papers etc.

The way Meghan, and any woman dating or marrying a royal get torn to pieces, how made up bs stories get written on message boards etc is just ugly. Some people even try to claim, that it's their right as tax payers to have input in whom the royal dates or marries. This site sees to be pretty decent and sane in that sense.

But there's no support to the idea, that she was living off men. There's no way to prove it without seeing her and her exes tax papers etc.

The way Meghan, and any woman dating or marrying a royal get torn to pieces, how made up bs stories get written on message boards etc is just ugly. Some people even try to claim, that it's their right as tax payers to have input in whom the royal dates or marries. This site sees to be pretty decent and sane in that sense.

I think that's basically because there are rules in place here to discourage the types of comments we see trolls making elsewhere and in the Daily Mail comment section.

"Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated."

The comments about Sofia had facts backing them up. Your opinion of Meghan living off of wealthy man didn't. That's the difference here. If it's based facts, then that's just stating facts. If it's stating without facts, and tarnished someone's reputation. That's libel.
Not every assertion in that post was supported by facts.

I did not say that Meghan living off wealthy men was a fact, I made it very clear that it was an opinion / judgement call. My comment was not libelous.

In the same sentence that I made the "living off wealthy men" comment I also stated that Meghan (and Sofia) had a socially conscious side.

I really get where you're coming from with all this but it is not uncommon here for posters to ask you to back up what you say with a credible source. We have to be responsible enough to maintain a sensible, reasonable and intelligent discussion about things without resorting to speculation, gossip and hearsay as that leads to misinformation that could be passed on and then taken as fact.

Your opinion is valid and your own and respected but it does help to elaborate on how you came to such a conclusion sometimes with credible facts to back it up.

I agree that the comparisons that have been made in this thread between Princess Sofia of Sweden and Meghan Markle are out of place as each woman is unique unto her own self. Its my own opinion that no one should be disrespected for any reason. Its OK not to like someone but in my book, if you can't say anything positive about someone, its best to say nothing at all.
I have no problem with being asked to substantiate anything that I state whether it is something that I present as a fact, which was not the case here, or an opinion of mine.

Believe me, I can substantiate my comment but I think that this is a case where discretion is the better part of valor. Note I am not claiming that if I were to elaborate that everyone will buy in my point of view, and agree with the comment that no one really knows unless they are looking at tax statements.

ETA:
I think that's basically because there are rules in place here to discourage the types of comments we see trolls making elsewhere and in the Daily Mail comment section.

"Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated."
Meghan's IMDb page is my primary resource.

Last edited:
Not every assertion in that post was supported by facts.

I did not say that Meghan living off wealthy men was a fact, I made it very clear that it was an opinion / judgement call. My comment was not libelous.

In the same sentence that I made the "living off wealthy men" comment I also stated that Meghan (and Sofia) had a socially conscious side.

I have no problem with being asked to substantiate anything that I state whether it is something that I present as a fact, which was not the case here, or an opinion of mine.

Believe me, I can substantiate my comment but I think that this is a case where discretion is the better part of valor. Note I am not claiming that if I were to elaborate that everyone will buy in my point of view, and agree with the comment that no one really knows unless they are looking at tax statements.

ETA:

Meghan's IMDb page is my primary resource.

That is exactly what libel is if you can't provide facts. Just by having an in my opinion and then stating something that isn't subjective doesn't cover you. It's not the same as saying someone is ugly as beauty is subjective. You made a statement that is either true or not true disregard personal preference. And not buying the arguement that you don't want anyone to think that of her by not providing facts. If you didn't want to, you wouldn't have said it in the first place.

And I haven't seen anything to suggest Meghan was living off of a wealthy man. Even tabloids didn't go so far.

Last edited:
I did have a problem with the Duchess of Cambridge, they are plenty of princesses and aristocrats to choose from. With Meghan it's more so because of an American thing. Americans did not want the British Monarchy, they went to war in order to get rid of us, why should they now be able to have an American born princess - I find it ironic to say the least. And we should not compare continental monarchies to the BRF. Not the same status or history or influence at all.

Royal men these days seem to see it very different. As CP Haakon 20 years ago said in an interview (1 year before he first met his future wife: "The shortage (of princesses or aristocrats to choose from) is much too limited"

I have great reservations about Harry dating that woman; but to the fellow poster who claimed british women shouldn´t curtsey Markle once she would be a Duchess because she wasn´t of british origin, nativity has nothing to do with etiquette or protocol but status! As a possible wife of Pr Henry, then Duke of ?, she would be a royal highness and if you want to follow royal etiquette strictly and the way it was once intended you would have to curtsey (though it is of course nowadays optional and by one´s own choice)

Royal men these days seem to see it very different. As CP Haakon 20 years ago said in an interview (1 year before he first met his future wife: "The shortage (of princesses or aristocrats to choose from) is much too limited"

I have great reservations about Harry dating that woman; but to the fellow poster who claimed british women shouldn´t curtsey Markle once she would be a Duchess because she wasn´t of british origin, nativity has nothing to do with etiquette or protocol but status! As a possible wife of Pr Henry, then Duke of ?, she would be a royal highness and if you want to follow royal etiquette strictly and the way it was once intended you would have to curtsey (though it is of course nowadays optional and by one´s own choice)
Besides, when royalty only married other royalty, most princesses were foreign. the British ppl still curtseyed to a foreign woman.

Anyway I really hope this Relationship will lead to a wedding.... pity about her family

Yes, this is my concern as well. If she gets engaged to Harry, let alone marry him, she'll be able to do more humanitarian work. On the other hand, she'll be muzzled of anything that even smacks of controversy. From what I've seen written by her, she seems to be a very strong character who talks openly of her own challenges and her personal history. Is she equally open about other opinions? I really don't know, but I wonder if she'd really be ready for a life that involves giving up a lot of personal freedom.

She may be more than happy to give it all up for Harry just hope she's well aware of what her life will be and what she can and cannot say and do

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

We know Meghan is pro gun control, because she posted on Piers Morgan's Twitter page agreeing with his views and discussing how different she felt in Canada (Toronto) with reference to it. That's how she got to be an acquaintance of Morgan. However that shouldn't be a problem if she lives in the UK, lol. She has strong views on poverty but I don't think that would be a worry unless she starts criticising government policy in this area.

I agree that there is going to have to be an awful lot of biting the lip and counting to ten for Meghan if she should join the royal family otherwise there will be trouble. It can be done though, I'm sure. She's an interesting character, and I think she could be an asset.

Well, if we are going off the person who is heavily quoted in the article...the 'family member' is her ex sister in law. Who knows if they are even in contact these days. But you know what they say...you can pick your friends but not your family.

It's a shame that the sister in law decided to sell her relationship with Meaghan. IF [and that's a big if] this leads to a marriage, there's one name she can scratch off the guest list.

All this totally makes sense, if you were to go strictly off her social media pages...it appears that she has remade her family to consist of her mother, possibly her father and her friends.

Anyway I really hope this Relationship will lead to a wedding.... pity about her family

Honestly every family has them. Kate had her uncle who never stopped talking. Seems the tacky side is on her father's side, the mother's side have kept quiet.

Well, if we are going off the person who is heavily quoted in the article...the 'family member' is her ex sister in law. Who knows if they are even in contact these days. But you know what they say...you can pick your friends but not your family.

It's a shame that the sister in law decided to sell her relationship with Meaghan. IF [and that's a big if] this leads to a marriage, there's one name she can scratch off the guest list.

All this totally makes sense, if you were to go strictly off her social media pages...it appears that she has remade her family to consist of her mother, possibly her father and her friends.

The worst is that Samantha person who tries to tweet her and royal bloggers. What is the matter with her? They have 20 years age difference and she sold her little sister out like that.

Her mother's side has kept quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
We know Meghan is pro gun control, because she posted on Piers Morgan's Twitter page agreeing with his views and discussing how different she felt in Canada (Toronto) with reference to it. That's how she got to be an acquaintance of Morgan. However that shouldn't be a problem if she lives in the UK, lol. She has strong views on poverty but I don't think that would be a worry unless she starts criticising government policy in this area.

I agree that there is going to have to be an awful lot of biting the lip and counting to ten for Meghan if she should join the royal family otherwise there will be trouble. It can be done though, I'm sure. She's an interesting character, and I think she could be an asset.

Don't forget she won't ever ever be allowed to outshine Kate when doing her duties there will be a lot of walking the line. Kate is going to be Queen and will and must come first.
Just the way it is that's why I hope there is no rushing to the church

Wonder what the Queen thinks about her parents being a bi racial family? Hope for her that the Queen agrees on it! that times had change .......

Don't forget she won't ever ever be allowed to outshine Kate when doing her duties there will be a lot of walking the line. Kate is going to be Queen and will and must come first.

That shouldn't be a problem. You only have to worry about stepping on the toes of the main royals: the Monarch, the Consort, and the 1st-in-line. Everybody else is just supporting cast to those three. Catherine won't be in that group until she's a Queen, by then Meghan would likely be in her 50s or 60s, and the media would have no interest in a middle-age Duchess. I think her bigger concern would be not overshadowing Camilla during Charles' reign, Meghan would still be young and dynamic then, and the press would constantly compare the two because both were divorcees.

That shouldn't be a problem. You only have to worry about stepping on the toes of the main royals: the Monarch, the Consort, and the 1st-in-line. Everybody else is just supporting cast to those three. Catherine won't be in that group until she's a Queen, by then Meghan would likely be in her 50s or 60s, and the media would have no interest in a middle-age Duchess. I think her bigger concern would be not overshadowing Camilla during Charles' reign, Meghan would still be young and dynamic then, and the press would constantly compare the two because both were divorcees.

Sorry but I cant agree I'm sure there will be no end of who did more who looked better etc etc

I kind of think Kate would be fine being a part time royal full time mother. She seems fine staying away from London and at her home in the country. Perhaps she would be fine if someone else is more to the forefront allowing her to stay at home.

Wonder what the Queen thinks about her parents being a bi racial family? Hope for her that the Queen agrees on it! that times had change .......

I think this is a potentially a big issue. The Queen like most people is a product of her environment and may have very deep-rooted views on blacks or non-whites entering the royal family.

Many people say they are OK or are "fine" with interracial marriages. However when it happens to their family things change.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom