Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very skeptical about that interview. It doesn't reflect well on Meghan, even if it was conceded before meeting Harry.

Now, Aside from that, this curiosity surrounding her is getting quite obnoxious and nasty. A pic of a topless Meghan has surfaced on the net. It could be photoshopped, but it seems directly taken from snapchat... like it was very intimate and destined for private use. hope it is just a hoax.

She's now officially confirmed as Harry's girlfriend. People now have it out for her. It's important to not give any attention to those who are energized to step all over her and paint her in a bad light.

Dman is right.

I've been told that there are a number of photoshopped pix circulating.

Trolls are out to get her now. She is used to fans and professional criticism but it must be hard to feel you are hated.

She's now officially confirmed as Harry's girlfriend. People now have it out for her. It's important to not give any attention to those who are energized to step all over her and paint her in a bad light.

If you are making reference to the (maybe) fake pic,I absolutely agree. Sadly, I'm not of the same opinion about her interview.

I don't think Piers interviewed Megan, otherwise it would have been published earlier. They were Twitter 'friends' for some time, in agreement over things like gun control in the US.

They just caught up in a pub for a drink while Meghan was in London and their talk ranged over all sorts of subjects, including her getting death threats because of something her character did in 'Suits', which seems to me to have probably been a natural extension of the chat about guns.

In the body of the article there is no impression of it being a formal interview, just two friendly acquaintances having a drink and a chat.

Last edited:
She didn't have an interview with Piers. They met for drinks one night when she was in London. That's it. I'm wondering how it reflected badly on her? She said nothing scandalous, Piers only complimented her.

It wasn't an interview...it was a meeting with someone she has communicated with on Twitter. Who choose to speak about it after her relationship went public. If anyone is taking advantage of the situation, its Piers.

This interview also happened during the early stages of her 'relationship' with Harry while they were in the getting to know you stages. How was she to know it would go from 'strength to strength.' She had know way of knowing that they would still dating six months from now.

I really don't know how this reflects badly on her. Did anyone actually read the article with the misleading headline [surprise, surprise]. Some key points;
  • she was bombarded with hate messages when her character in the US drama series Suits, Rachel Zane, cheated on her boyfriend in the show.
  • She said: 'People wanted to kill me! Not Rachel… ME. I never knew there were so many emojis with guns and knives. It was very unpleasant. Fortunately, Rachel got back on her pedestal and it stopped.'
  • 'I'm recently single again, so I've got a few guys being a little… persistent! I'm just out of practice with the dating scene.'
  • most embarrassing television moment...I was a briefcase girl on Deal or No Deal... I cringe when I think about it now, but it paid the rent.

Last edited:
:previous:

I haven't read the piece but I did see the banner on the front page.

But it would seem that a "friend" (Piers Morgan) has used a friendly chat to make money for himself and the DM.

Doesn't seem v friendly to me. He's always been a slimeball.

I dunno...not sure what it says about her judgement that she'd think it a good idea to go have drinks and a chat with someone like Morgan.

LaRae

Dman is right.

I've been told that there are a number of photoshopped pix circulating.

Trolls are out to get her now. She is used to fans and professional criticism but it must be hard to feel you are hated.

It's going to get interesting no doubt. She's dating Prince Harry, and folks are going to go into overdrive on what a royal girlfriend should be like. People are going to be all over her like white on rice.

She's in a profession in which she knows how to handle the media, but the media and people online will go above and beyond in giving her some hell. We've been down this road before.

I dunno...not sure what it says about her judgement that she'd think it a good idea to go have drinks and a chat with someone like Morgan.

LaRae

She's focused on their shared social interests. She's not confiding in him like others may think.

Last edited:
Hey there is brown rice out there too!!!!!

LaRae

Whatever Piers's intentions are about writing the article, Meghan said nothing wrong or revealing when they met up.

I feel bad for her. There's so many downsides to this relationship for her, and people are nitpicking her apart. I'm hoping she stays strong, because even if they would break up, the attention would still be on her for a very long time.

:previous: I agree with you and here she has a "friend" using her.

UK press are going overboard - its not all negative stuff. Its just over the top. Even the Telegraph writing stuff on "the making of a modern princess".

If it goes nowhere, the fallout will be huge and picked over. If it works out, the outcome will be huge and picked over.

I'd be interested to know how many reporters she meets up with after they follow her on Twitter. I still think it's odd to meet up like that. The stars were certainly aligned perfectly for the DM

B-C list actress meets for drinks with the Mail Online and a few months later she's Prince Harry's confirmed girlfriend.

Piers' reputation as a tabloid slime-ball is legendary. Not sure what Meghan wanted to accomplish by the meeting

I still haven't made up my own firm personal view on Meghan yet, but it's sad to see her receive so much hate already - as Cocoasneeze has said, I hope she manages to pull through as she will be in the spotlight when it comes to Harry's relationships for longer than the time she has had now. I looked at her Instagram and she appears to have a supportive fanbase of 3million+ followers, so I hope that she remembers them whenever she feels low about the hate she's been getting.

We've already discussed it, that they had become Twitter 'friends' largely because of gun control issues. Meghan said nothing in that chat about Harry or anybody else. And people in show business/the acting profession generally do know media people socially. It's not an unknown phenomenon.

Last edited:
Wonder what the Queen thinks about her?

I would think for Meghan, slime ball reporters right now are the ones harassing her mother, trying to break into her home etc. Not Piers, who had a drink with her and a nice chat.

If Meghan arranged this meeting with Piers after 1 month of meeting Harry for the first time, with the mindset, that she will be officially dating Harry 5-6 months later, Harry would make a public statement like he's never made before, and Piers would write an article about meeting her, then wow, girl has talent. I need to contact her for the lottery numbers, because she can see into the future.

We'll see. It's early days. One way or the other though, something will have to change if she and Harry become a serious item.

I'm willing to wager my last dollar this isn't going to end in marriage. Not because I don't want Harry to be happy but because Meghan's direction in life isn't compatible with The Firm's

Don't believe The Queen has met her, but, she knows Harry and Meghan are dating.

It's a bit far down the road, but, if things get really serious, Meghan will adjust her life and Harry will adjust his. That's all natural.

Last edited:

There is no way to know, but I don't think the Queen would get involved in Harry's private life anyway. After all, Harry is not in direct line to the throne and, now that William has 2 children already and might have more in the future, it is very unlikely that Harry will ever be king. I would be more concerned actually with Prince Charles' opinion about Meghan. As Harry's father and the future king, his opinion matters the most.

I'm starting to think that no woman Harry finds attractive and is drawn to is compatible with the firm. The restrictions and limitations just are too much for most career women.

I'm starting to think that no woman Harry finds attractive and is drawn to is compatible with the firm. The restrictions and limitations just are too much for most career women.

The firm isn't as strict as it used to be. The family is far more understanding than people think. If Harry and Meghan go far and decide to take things to another level, the couple will adjust accordingly.

We'll see. It's early days. One way or the other though, something will have to change if she and Harry become a serious item.

I'm willing to wager my last dollar this isn't going to end in marriage. Not because I don't want Harry to be happy but because Meghan's direction in life isn't compatible with The Firm's

She would obviously have to give up her current "direction in life", which is not really that tough. Grace Kelly did it when she married Rainier and she was a far more successful and well-known star than Meghan. To a certain extent , although the context is different, most modern royal brides like Máxima, Mary, Letizia,Charlene, etc. have given up their careers and way of life to marry their husbands.

That's what I think...UNLESS she is to the point in her life (she is 35) that she wants to settle down and get married, have a family etc etc....and had already planned to reduce the amount of movies/shows to be involved in.

LaRae

There is no way to know, but I don't think the Queen would get involved in Harry's private life anyway. After all, Harry is not in direct line to the throne and, now that William has 2 children already and might have more in the future, it is very unlikely that Harry will ever be king. I would be more concerned actually with Prince Charles' opinion about Meghan. As Harry's father and the future king, his opinion matters the most.

He still has to have permission from the Queen to marry as far as I know.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
The firm isn't as strict as it used to be. The family is far more understanding than people think. If Harry and Meghan go far and decide to take things to another level, the couple will adjust accordingly.

That's true. I think Harry wouldn't have pursued a relationship with Meghan if there was a hard brick wall against them long term. That statement he gave was a huge indication to me, that his plans with Meghan are very long term.

He still has to have permission from the Queen to marry as far as I know.

LaRae

Yes, as long as he is among the first six persons in line to the throne (he's currently 5th) and Elizabeth II is the queen.

As someone pointed out up thread, her biggest obstacle may be cultural. An American princess has a nice ring to it for some people but it will be interesting to see how she actually get's her mind around it.

To go from Meghan Markle media personality and 'social justice warrior' to HRH The Duchess of Sussex may require a decompression chamber to someone not born and raised singing God Save The Queen

As someone pointed out up thread, her biggest obstacle may be cultural. An American princess has a nice ring to it for some people but it will be interesting to see how she actually get's her mind around it.

To go from Meghan Markle media personality and 'social justice warrior' to HRH The Duchess of Sussex may require a decompression chamber to someone not born and raised singing God Save The Queen

good point. And also not being able to speak out in the same way she can now. being non-political, never showing bias is not easy.

Living in Canada may have made her aware of the Crown though, at least when she handles her coins and dollar bills. And, if Meghan ever became a Canadian citizen, which I suppose she has not, she would have to swear the oath of allegiance to the Queen and her heirs and successors according to law, which is something BTW that all those Americans now willing to flee from Trumpland and seek refuge in Canada might not be aware of.

I don't think just living in Canada part time for 5 years erases the previous years of living as American where freedom of speech is engrained as a fundamental right. But as a Royal you give a lot of that freedom of speech up. You can't comment on government policies, no voting etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom