Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people on TRF still today who think Kate is unsuitable as a bride simply because her parents had the nerve to becomes self made millionaires in their 30s.

It may not be fair but Meghan's life will be picked apart. Including her past relationships and career. What her parents do or don't do. The whole shebang.

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016

We saw it all with Kate. They combed through her life , tried to get stories from old school mates, explored the family history. Lucky for Kate, only thing found where the fashion show see through dress, James Middleton wearing his sister's dress and blabby Jessica Hay.

Rupert Finch probably got offered money to talk just like Meghan's exes. But being offered money for a story isn't illegal. Just say no.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I understand where Harry comes from but this statement won't change anything. Meghan is an actress, a public person, feeding her instagram with private infos. Either she (and her family) is naive or clueless about the tabloids with relation to Harry.
I don't condone harrassment, not at all, but the sad truth is that it will continue.

The only way to end this is to become engaged with Meghan moving into KP. Her life as is was only a few days ago is over, either they split up or they become engaged. I don't think they will date like this for much longer as the press will be relentless.

There is a slight difference between the harassment suffered by Kate and by Chelsy Davy in the days of rampant papparazi and now, though. They had the British press pack to contend with, yes. However, Meghan is a US citizen living in a Canadian city. Therefore the British, Canadian and to a certain extent the US media, are interesting themselves in this, now and in the future.

I don't think Harry is under any illusion that the baying media pack are going to now calm themselves down with mugs of cocoa and a good lie-down.

However, the media preventing Meghan's mother from entering her home, hassling exes for paid stories, and other delightful actions were at least partly a result of Harry's side/ KP remaining silent. The KP press office and Harry realised that this furore wasn't stopping and therefore it was best that a statement be issued.

We don't know what her completely innocent mother, brother, ex husband etc have been going through in the past week and so KP decided that a statement would at least clear the air.

If I was Harry, I would be getting Meghan's mom Carole Middleton's number. The mom is in America. There is freedom of the press here. You can stand in a public space with a camera and ask people questions. That's what TMZ does every episode.

I don't know anything about her family, but we've heard more from her people in ten days than we did from the Middletons in 8 years.

Maybe because Meghan is an actress and her father was in the industry as well, maybe her sister and nephew think there isn't anything wrong with speaking to the media.

If I were Meghan though, to the best of my ability I would circle the wagons and keep my head down for awhile.

Some Americans aren't knowledgable about the British media who've been trolling the neighbourhood apparently. The US media is just as bad. And her half brother confined himself to supportive statements and her half-sister later denied that she had said anything. Her mother stated that she was sorry she couldn't say anything.

How do we know that members of the media pack have been confining themselves to public places? They may well have been attempting to weasel their way onto private property. There were stories that reporters/photographers were on doorsteps and even trying to break into garages, forcing doors etc.

Last edited:
This statement feels like a last-resort, desperate attempt to calm the press down. While I do think a lot of interest and backlash is due to her racial background and people deserve to be called out on it, I can't help but feel that it's kinda expected when you're dating an actress? Just imagine how much more interest there would be had he started dating someone of Jennifer Lawrence' profile..

To be honest, I kind of expected that sooner or later a statement would be released this time. The vicious comments are so overwhelming, and the huge wave of interest seems much more that what Chelsy or Cressida had to deal with at the beginning of their relationship with Harry. Harry's message is totally on point and I can only feel for him and Meghan. Said this, Meghan herself and, above all, her family were the first one to encourage this circus. I undestand that she cannot control everything that comes out of her relative's mouths, but they have been talking too much. So, I have to say that maybe, some of the vitriol could have been avoided by keeping a decent "no comment".

Last edited:
I'm afraid this statement is simply bait for the media sharks.

There are no restrictions on the media in the US though I understand that is not the case in the UK or Canada. So the National Enquirer, the Star etc will have a field day going after them. :sad:

Okay, presuming this is not just a fling, otherwise the palace IMO would remain silent, let's have a look at Meghan.

The negative sides first. (After all she's only a tragedy away from being the top four primary royals in the BRF).

What do we know about her?

Any nude pics out there? (Because that's always what the press hits on).
Any scandals? Drugs, shoplifting, DIU and so on.
Unfortunate friends? - Who've ended up in prison or who believe all babies should have their ears culled or something like that.
Opinion and politics. Has she said or done anything controversial? - Like being a member of a fascist party.
Education? - Is she think as a plank or is she well-rounded?
Manners and personality. Has she a habit of saying "sort-a" in every two sentences or having regular tantrums in public places?
Family and parents. - Anything unfortunate there?

And so on and so on...

mmm... interesting press release.

am i the only one who read the press release in its entirety and found it a most strange statement? the informal tone it is written in, the specificities, the 'let's break the news out - yes, it is his GIRLFRIEND, meghan'. it is just not the done thing. i even doubt kensington ever confirmed that harry was going out with any of his previous girlfriends, cressida and chelsy, and they went out for a long time. what made them release this makes me extremely curious. it is a strange move.

anyway, if by releasing this they thought they would decrease media pressure on her and her circle, they've done the exact opposite. in doing so they confirmed their relationship and as a result, more and more will come. this is only just the start.

it is strange they would release this - as if they didn't know how diana and kate were harrased by the paps. are they seriously expecting a press release to stop all that behaviour? i thought they (kensington palace, harry, meghan or whoever had the idea to do this) would know better.

I was resisting posting as it wasn't confirmed, but well. Now.

I did not expect to be reading about Meghan Markle in the context of dating a Royal, but I kind of like it.

I don't think they would have released this statement unless the two were semi-serious. Perhaps they wanted to firmly establish their stance at the outset, given their experience with Kate. This sets a precedent with the press, now. It's the only reasoning I can think of.

Additionally, given the tone of some of the coverage, I think it's positive that he openly condemned it. It's one thing to be reported on, and they cannot avoid that, but the racist undercurrents from some quarters were egregious.

And of course, it was probably upsetting to read such things, and this may temporarily halt the stories.

Last edited:
I'm pleased that Prince Harry and KP has issued this letter. Miss Markel should not be harassed and nor should her family be harassed.

We also have to the responsibility of not egging the media on folks. The couple deserve some peace and space. If people care about Harry, no on will have a problem with this statement that Harry and the palace has issued.

:previous: I don't think a message would have been issued had there not been serious concerns for the safety and privacy of Meghan, her family and friends.

In a strange way, I think what Harry allowed to be printed was a good idea. Get it out there if, in fact, this MIGHT be a "serious" relationship. Let Meghan know exactly what being in the tabloid and proper media is all about at this scale. They will be relentless and every small aspect of her and her entire family's lives will be critiqued and found fault with constantly. Tabloids will make up stories if they can't location a nasty one. She will know quite fast if she can stand the heat of all this garbage quite soon. If not, back out gracefully. She already has obtained quite a level of world recognition by this affair which she certainly didn't [or probably never would] without coupling with Prince Harry. So her career will be enhanced greatly, if that is what she wants. Harry knows exactly what the press did and in some respects is still doing to his mother, step-mother, sister-in-law and her family and all his other ex ladies. Best to let Meghan know exact what she is in for and if she really wants her family to be degraded daily. Shame, but that is what the media is today and people love to read the dirt on others as it makes them feel superior. Weird bizarre world. Me, I hope they are happy and content with their relationship as that is what life should be about.

:previous: I don't think a message would have been issued had there not been serious concerns for the safety and privacy of Meghan, her family and friends.

I agree. That is why we have to be serious and making sure we aren't giving the media fuel to go on and on with their ridiculous and racial articles on this young lady and her family. Let's just be respectful.

Okay, presuming this is not just a fling, otherwise the palace IMO would remain silent, let's have a look at Meghan.

The negative sides first. (After all she's only a tragedy away from being the top four primary royals in the BRF).

What do we know about her?

Any nude pics out there? (Because that's always what the press hits on).

I don't think there are nudes of her (beyond photoshop), but she has had some scantily clad scenes in Suits.

Any scandals? Drugs, shoplifting, DIU and so on.

One divorce, and it sounds like her family has a history of money trouble. Plus a recent history of not avoiding talking to the press.

Unfortunate friends? - Who've ended up in prison or who believe all babies should have their ears culled or something like that.

She's an actress, so I'm going to make a guess that she's got some unfortunate associations.

Opinion and politics. Has she said or done anything controversial? - Like being a member of a fascist party.

I've gotten the impression that she's somewhat liberal when it comes to politics... mostly because she's spoken against Trump. She might have a hard time switching from being someone whose opinion is sought after in interviews, to someone whose opinion on politics is not wanted publicly.

Education? - Is she think as a plank or is she well-rounded?

She went to a private Catholic high school as a teenager, then to Northwestern University where she got a communications degree.

Manners and personality. Has she a habit of saying "sort-a" in every two sentences or having regular tantrums in public places?

I don't know much about that... I do know that she already has a history of humanitarian work. She's worked with the UN's HeforShe movement, and is an ambassador for World Vision Canada. She's also been a counsellor for One Young World. And she likes to rescue dogs.

Family and parents. - Anything unfortunate there?
Her parents are divorced. Mother is well educated with a Masters in Social Work and works as a yoga therapist. Her father is a director of photography and has won an Emmy at some point. She has at least 2 half siblings (a brother and a sister), and a nephew, who have all spoken to the press regarding her and her relationship.

Yes indeed:

I am glad this statement has been issued and that the matter will no longer be subject to rumour and speculation. I only hope that Harry and Meghan can continue to develop their relationship as they wish.

I hope too, but I'm afraid this statement will worsen the situation: now that press has the certainty of their relationship, Meghan and Harry won't have an easy life. :ermm:

Interesting article from Sky News

http://news.sky.com/story/why-princ...nd-meghan-markle-10649967?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

She brings up the point about Harry being concerned about level of attention focused on this relationship compared to previous ones. With Chelsy, you still had William and Kate dating/engaged to take the attention away. Cressida had royal baby fever to take the attention away. Now William and Kate are boring with their 2 kids and happy marriage.

Then comes an American actress with open social media accounts, a screen history, a ex husband, a family that talked to the media. It's a press jackpot for the media. It's a big juicy steak in front a hungry pack of wolves. Would there be this much interest in 2 weeks of coverage if Harry was dating a Sophie Wessex type who was middle class, no online profile and family didn't respond to media?

Thank you for a very comprehensive answer, Ish. :flowers:

Okay, let's look at the positive sides.

Looks: No problem there!

Presentation: She's an actor she can at least act the role.
She's used to cameras, press, giving interviews and know what the press want. Presumably she likes the attention as well, or she wouldn't be an actor.

She has engaged herself in some (not particularly political) causes. Which is a positive thing. Then at least she is standing for something and is willing to dedicate herself to an issue.

How about kids? Is she willing/ready to give birth to 2.1 children to act as back-up royals?

Any other positive things about her you can think of?

i still think this statement is most odd coming from a royal court. kind of unprecedented, so i can't help but think what was behind it. i doubt 'serious safety concerns' were the cause. meghan is from the US and lives in canada - hardly countries where the police would not react to trespassing in a flick of a second.

and meghan is an actress - until yesterday a B-rated one but nevertheless a public person. she shares her life in social media, so clearly information about her being out there has never been a problem for her. now, this does not justify trespassing, but complaining about media interest sounds hypocritical in itself.

furthermore, it has been released on the most strange day. meghan is the interest of canadian, US and british press at the moment. well, kensington palace, let me tell you - no US or canadian press care today about meghan and harry. they have something more important to worry about, namely the US election, which will deeply affect how US and canada fare in the next 4 years. in fact, how the whole world fares in the next 4 years! so even the brits couldn't care less about meghan's harrassment today. as if the press release wasn't strange in itself. this adds a lot of doubt as to why a team with the experience of a royal court releases this on such a key date.

------

as an aside though, am i the only one to think that meghan looks A LOT like pippa middleton? :)

meghan and pippa

The statement may not help quell the press, but I'm glad that Harry stood up for Meghan and her family and called out some of the hateful, racist and disgusting things I've seen written about them. Yes she's famous, but that doesn't mean that she (or her family) should be subjected to this type of harassment.

I see nothing wrong with Meghan or her background. She's smart, has a career and is into charity...all great qualities. I know some have a problem with her being divorced, but let's not pretend that the royals are some paragon of virtue. There have been many divorced royals.

What I find amazing, is that the behavior of those that marry into royalty have to be above reproach. The commoners seem to get blamed for ruining the monarchy and turning royals into celebs. It's as if people forget all of the scandals and behavior coming from those that are born into royalty. The divorces, affairs, shady friends and business dealings, lack of education/work ethic, rumored drug/alcohol problems, family feuds, love of the spotlight, etc. It's those royals that have done a good job of turning the monarchy into a tabloids dream.

Who said a Royal spouse needs to even be a princess, German or otherwise?

How about if she has had a decent education(or is demonstrably intelligent) has a decent career or work ethic and cares about something other than becoming famous?

How about her qualifications for marriage include something more substantial that her "tiara hair"?

How about if we haven't seen body parts no one except her physician or husband needs to be familiar with? :cool:

I believe that pretty much all of the current royal spouses have a decent education. Most have gone on to earn a university degree (the only two that don't have degrees are Mette-Marit and Princess Sofia).

As for not showing body parts, let's not pretend that those born into royalty have adhered to this. I've seen far more than enough of Princes William, Harry, Charles, Philip, Andrew, Frederik, the Casiraghi brothers, Princess Stephanie and Princess Caroline.

I think that one of the reasons they made the announcement is so that Meghan, and Harry on Meghan's behalf, can use resources to protect Meghan and her family, and dare I say, exert some measure of control over this situation.

Even without verification the media knew that it was a fact that Prince Harry was dating actress Meghan Markle and has been reporting it as a fact since a day or so after the story broke. We are now learning that even though the relationship was not acknowledged that palace officials have been involved and were having "nightly legal battles to keep defamatory stories out of papers."

Now that the story is out there, if necessary, like Cressida before her, Meghan can go to the Press Complaints Commission. Also if things get out of hand in Toronto or LA, and local law enforcement has to get involved, it won't be seen as the Markles play acting at being celebrities.

Last edited:
furthermore, it has been released on the most strange day. meghan is the interest of canadian, US and british press at the moment. well, kensington palace, let me tell you - no US or canadian press care today about meghan and harry. they have something more important to worry about, namely the US election, which will deeply affect how US and canada fare in the next 4 years. in fact, how the whole world fares in the next 4 years! so even the brits couldn't care less about meghan's harrassment today. as if the press release wasn't strange in itself. this adds a lot of doubt as to why a team with the experience of a royal court releases this on such a key date.

The statement is trending on Facebook and Twitter. Election or no-election, this is garnering a lot of press and attention.

The statement is trending on Facebook and Twitter. Election or no-election, this is garnering a lot of press and attention.

The election and the KP statement is the two biggest stories right now.

If someone tried to break into your house or one of your relatives houses than that's a criminal offense but standing in a public area to ask you or your relatives a question isn't a crime.

I loved! Congratulations to the couple! I hope it ends in marriage, I I liked this girl

Well...that pretty much says it all doesn't it?:whistling:

I hope the people who are attacking her for things she has no control over i.e. her ethnicity and the fact she is a middle class American, realize that the only thing it's accomplishing is perhaps driving them closer and not further apart. Every real man worthy of anything wants to protect the woman he cares about.

Harry doesn't seem like the type to turn tail and throw his girlfriend to the wolves if the heat gets too hot in the kitchen.

Good for him.;)

Last edited:
The election and the KP statement is the two biggest stories right now.

In the US, the KP statement won't be come this evening. Most average Americans don't care. I am Royal watcher and if I wasn't stuck at home waiting for the painters to come I would be busy at work right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom