Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but if Harry is in love with her, nothing will stop him from marrying her. It will be as a prince of Sweden who married a girl who was not within the antiquated requirements of monarchy

One thing I don't like is how talky her family is.

The relationship has just begun and already her sister is calling her 'pushy' and her nephew telling the tabloids Harry is head over heels for her. Hopefully that ends soon.

For now a simple no comment should suffice.

I for once hope that Prince Harry indeed will find a lovely lady. And for the core sake of the monarchy I hope it will be a lady from a more traditional "pool" indeed.

But what is "traditional"? Do you mean "white"? I cannot help but wonder if Miss Markle was white would there even be such a discussion.
√ She is an educated woman with a college degree.
√ She is from a middle-class family.
Those 2 points alone describe the last individual to marry into the BRF.
-She is divorced- well the reality is that several members of the BRF are divorced and have remarried.
Her profession as actress- well being an actor is a not a crime in fact Harry's last girlfriend was pursuing an acting career.
Her nationality - well what's wrong with her being American. It is not as though she is from a country is anti-British. The USA and Britain have a loooong history of good relations.

So again, what is the problem with Miss Markle? The only "nontraditional" thing about her is her skin color.

Hear hear! I could not agree more. It is all a big IF but I think Meghan is just not the type of person that will fit into the role as senior member of the Royal Family. We will see but I predict trouble. All that talk about bringing the Royals closer to the public and make the Royal Family more relevant. The Monarchy is an ancient institution and I like the people in it to look up to. There has to be distance otherwise it is just like watching the Kardashians to me. Criticise me all you want but that is how I feel.

From what we know of Miss Markle she seems like a team player with a sense of duty and commitment to social issues.
She is smart, hardworking, and seems like she has a fun and outgoing personality based on her lifestyle page and Instagram account .
That sounds exactly like someone people could and should look up to.

Last edited by a moderator:
All this hoopla for a woman who maybe is dating Harry. What will happen if an engagement is announced? Funny how the conparisons have been already started, specially by some members who critisize her family as "talky" ( which they seem to talk much by the way) but have no problem with Piopa or James making propaganda for their business... Just saying that if one wants to draw conparisons at least be Fair...

I like Meghan for what is worth. Totally different from Chelsy and Cressida and in a positive way.

Last edited:
But what is "traditional"? Do you mean "white"? I cannot help but wonder if Miss Markle was white would there even be such a discussion.
√ She is an educated woman with a college degree.
√ She is from a middle-class family.
Those 2 points alone describe the last individual to marry into the BRF.
-She is divorced- well the reality is that several members of the BRF are divorced and have remarried.
Her profession as actress- well being an actor is a not a crime in fact Harry's last girlfriend was pursuing an acting career.
Her nationality - well what's wrong with her being American. It is not as though she is from a country is anti-British. The USA and Britain have a loooong history of good relations.

So again, what is the problem with Miss Markle? The only "nontraditional" thing about her is her skin color.

By "traditional" you'll find Duc means "a member of a foreign royal family or at worse some English noble's daughter."

If Duc had his way, William would have married Madeleine of Sweden, while Harry would be engaged to Alexandra of Luxembourg (who of course would be converting to Anglicanism).

The way I see it, *if* they are dating, it won't last long. I can see a women from the UK maybe agreeing to marry Harry as she was raised in that culture and has been desensitized to it. But no way an American woman will put up with that bullish*t for long. Especially, one like Meghan who has an established life/career/family/friends in North America. She would be sacrificing way more than Diana/Camilla/Catherine/Fergie/Sophie.

I can see two scenarios here.

1. This is just a fling, and an amused Meghan knows that the media is going crazy over a storm in a teacup. But if it gets her more name recognition for future roles, then she's willing to briefly tolerate the tabloids.

2. She's infatuated with Harry and thinks they may have a future together, but will soon come to her senses, and realize that she stepped into a tabloid land-mine. And as fun as her brief romance with Harry has been he's not worth sacrificing her privacy and dignity. She'll dump Harry and write it all off as a misadventure.

In a year's time everyone will be saying 'remember that Meghan one Harry used to date'

It's impossible for the tabloids to view anything in a rational manner. Everything must be on fast-forward.

Harry meets a girl so obviously they're getting married soon. No wonder Chelsey and Cressida couldn't cope.

I think the combination of both 'divorced' and 'american' is not ideal to join the BRF, too many bad memories.

Why not?

After all the next Queen Consort is a divorcee as is the next King!

Harry is no where near the throne; if the next King can marry who he likes surely his second son should have the same freedom?! Please!:whistling:

By "traditional" you'll find Duc means "a member of a foreign royal family or at worse some English noble's daughter."

If Duc had his way, William would have married Madeleine of Sweden, while Harry would be engaged to Alexandra of Luxembourg (who of course would be converting to Anglicanism).

Yes, note he puts Cressida in a different pool. She is with thecharlotte Wellesley, amanda knatchbull and that category. Even though she is an actress or dancer, depending what year you ask her, and known party life, she is a very suitable bride. Why? Because her mothers aristocratic roots erase her own shortcomings. Now if only Meghan had a earl for a grandfather, all could be forgiven. Heck even poor autumn is being drug through the mud though her husband is a private citizen who doesn't even have a title. I guess even remote royals have to marry aristocrats :bang:

Hear hear! I could not agree more. It is all a big IF but I think Meghan is just not the type of person that will fit into the role as senior member of the Royal Family. We will see but I predict trouble. All that talk about bringing the Royals closer to the public and make the Royal Family more relevant. The Monarchy is an ancient institution and I like the people in it to look up to. There has to be distance otherwise it is just like watching the Kardashians to me. Criticise me all you want but that is how I feel.

Same here.

While the BRF has had a bad streak in regards to marriages, it should take more than a title to engage respect. There should be more, much more and I wonder if whether or not Kate should have gotten into the RF. Kate spent her uni years living with William in his home (paid for by the taxpayers/RF) and she clubbed all the time and jet-setted while doing nothing. Then she gets a title and that is suddenly making her past drifting okay? That suddenly she's entirely respectable and due deference just because she has that HRH slapped on her name?

I think Meghan would have more common sense than Andrew, who after decades in the Royal family still can't keep his mouth shut. Even so, Charles has signalled that when he is King he wants to speak out on people's concerns, so in the next reign there will probably be bigger targets than Harry's wife (IF she becomes so), such as the monarch himself.

And, after all people can be favourable to that sort of interference; witness the approval of many people to the Prince of Wales's black spider letters.

Same here.

While the BRF has had a bad streak in regards to marriages, it should take more than a title to engage respect. There should be more, much more and I wonder if whether or not Kate should have gotten into the RF. Kate spent her uni years living with William in his home (paid for by the taxpayers/RF) and she clubbed all the time and jet-setted while doing nothing. Then she gets a title and that is suddenly making her past drifting okay? That suddenly she's entirely respectable and due deference just because she has that HRH slapped on her name?

It was ever thus. When Princess Elizabeth became Queen in 1952 what had she really done for the monarchy? Spent enormous sums of public money renovating Clarence House. Months on end living in Mediterranean paradise in a gorgeous villa in Malta with her husband, away from her children, not doing public engagements of any real heft. Rarely coming home, rarely visible to the public. I believe she went quite often to get her hair done? All this while rationing and austerity were still the order of the very grey world of the British public.

Other than a couple of Commonwealth tours, Elizabeth could well be accused of 'drifting' during the period before she became Queen. I know she had small children, but her father was clearly in extremely poor health for a good few years before he died. You could say she should have been shadowing him closely during those years to ensure she was ready for the role, but she didn't.

The title changes everything completely. It's not really the bloodlines or the arranged marriages or the fancy palaces that make these people royal, it's the title and the position along with the public's willingness to accept them.

Last edited:
I do think that she should have been better educated, with a real background in almost every subject that could be crammed into her head. as for Malta and other such things, you're right about that too. For some reason, the reigning dynasties apparently prefer to basically learn as little as possible and be as unprepared as possible.

Ok... ok. After reading through all the information and the rumor mill about Harry's relationship with Meghan, I believe at this point I'm going to give it the four paws seal of approval all the way around. :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint:

I know I've stated quite a few times that what Harry needs is a dog and what pushed me over to the positive side of cheering for this relationship is that with this relationship comes not one but two rescue dogs that they both have been reported to love spending time playing with. I seriously have to believe too that this fact alone will be one that endears Meghan to the Duchess of Cornwall.

Eugenie being best friends with Cressida was used as proof Harry would marry her, now the tabloids seem to be using the same tactic with Meghan.

My advice is Harry needs a new matchmaker :p

Last edited:
I just think if Harry is not even with her, then he should deny, because the girl is being targeted by racist and prejudiced attacks on social media. It is unfortunate that in the 21st century, some people still judge others by skin color or ethnicity

I just think if Harry is not even with her, then he should deny, because the girl is being targeted by racist and prejudiced attacks on social media. It is unfortunate that in the 21st century, some people still judge others by skin color or ethnicity

I think he must be with her, or surely someone would have denied it by now?
But whether or not it is serious, only Harry and Meghan know.

Harry and KP don't typically make a habit of acknowledging or denying his relationships.

If anyone is going to deny it, it'll have to be Meghan. No one is likely to confirm it.

How so? they have denied several rumors: Brazilian girl, Olympia of Greece, Pippa ...

Harry and KP don't typically make a habit of acknowledging or denying his relationships.

If anyone is going to deny it, it'll have to be Meghan. No one is likely to confirm it.

Kp declined to confirm the emma Watson rumor, the story about hm giving her approval for Harry and Cressida being engaged was denied and the only thing Clarence house denied approving of the relationship between h and meghan. Not sure why they denied the rumor of antonia months before she was photographed leaving a club in eugenie's car. The dm wrote another article referring antonia as his ex. It was based on nothing despite kp denial months ago. Perhaps kp gave up on answering questions about his love life or lack thereof, after pippa they probably felt it wasn't worth an answer. I'm convinced that reporters are getting info from tumblr, Labelle was on the cover of the sun in February, at least a month ago when it was a hot topic on tumblr. The photo of harry showing Bidwell something on his phone was taken off ig and posted on tumblr. The anon's wrote that he was probably showing Adam or some blonde, pictures of his summer in sa. Lo and behold, later on the dm writes an article with the same description. Markle will have to deny eventually considering no actual evidence and not just some pics of bananas spooning, bracelets and an estranged family member or pr agency unsure if it's true.

I do understand the points that you and Duc are making, and to a certain extent I also agree with them. But what truly confuses me is that I have seen posts where you lauded the choice of Sofia Hellqvist for Carl-Philip of Sweden as "true love"...?

Do or did you look up to her?:ermm:

Last edited:
If Harry is really intent on keeping his private life under the radar, we're not going to get any kind of reliable information whatsoever about his relationship with anyone at this point. If he's setting up smokescreens to keep the media and the public guessing, its not going to be some little whiff of smoke but a blazing forest fire almost impossible to penetrate.

If this is true, they will go public with it in their own time and not before. Personally, I hope he keeps his private life private for a very long time and use that time (if applicable) to cement a solid relationship with Meghan before the craziness all begins. Harry, well enough, knows from experience of what his mother had to deal with and the mass media mania that surrounded his brother and Kate and even from his former relationships exactly what to expect if and when his relationships become fodder for all kinds of speculations, microscopic examination and having anyone he's involved with preyed on by a snarling pack of wolves after a good meal 24/7.

Its not exactly the best milieu for a royal courtship at all.

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted. Late to the party, but does anyone know how this Meghan Markle story first came to light? Sorry I've it's already been answered.

I do think that she should have been better educated, with a real background in almost every subject that could be crammed into her head. as for Malta and other such things, you're right about that too. For some reason, the reigning dynasties apparently prefer to basically learn as little as possible and be as unprepared as possible.

That seems to be the case for the Windsors, but not for reigning dynasties in general. King Felipe VI of Spain for example, in addition to his military training, has a law degree from the Autonomous University of Madrid and a master's degree in foreign relations from Georgetown.

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted. Late to the party, but does anyone know how this Meghan Markle story first came to light? Sorry I've it's already been answered.

Camilla Tominey broke it in the Daily Star 2 Sundays ago and we have had daily stories since.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Tominey 'broke' the story and depending on the reporter, Meghan may or may have met Charles.

Meghan may or may not have met William and Catherine.

Meghan is moving to London to be closer to Harry. Harry is going to spend more of his free time in Toronto.

Harry is head over heels for her or they are taking it easy and slow.

It's everything and anything, assuming it's more than just a fling.

Tabloids are DESPERATE for a relationship so take every word with three grains of salt.

Camilla Tominey broke it in the Daily Star 2 Sundays ago and we have had daily stories since.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Thank you! Well I have a lot to catch up on, but from the time I've first heard the news to now...my opinion has been somewhat swayed. I didn't think it credible, in the same way that I didn't find the other stories about Harry and celebrities credible. However, it is strange that no one has clarified or denied (ie. Her family not the royals).

I don't believe Harry lives like a monk in between relationships (nor should he), so it's not weird to think they had/have casual hook-ups. As a girlfriend, it would be a bummer to see her drop her career just to be with Harry. She clearly has ambition in many areas and I'd hate to see anyone give that up just to be a member of the RF; that's the main reason why I find a serious relationship as improbable. But then again, I know absolutely nothing.

I remember when there were rumors between Harry and Antonia Packard, he said it was a complete lie. When a woman said she had kissed him in Las Vegas, he also denied other rumors: Olympia, actresses,,, everything was denied, I find it strange that silence on both sides, because this advertising is also not being good for her, I I see many offenses to her on the web, also find it odd she did not deny, so I guess it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom