Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

You could be right. But I have to believe Harry is not a complete idiot and will eventually see through her if she is enjoying her place in the spotlight a little too much.

... Lady Melissa Percy, the daughter of the Duke of Northumberland.
As I recall, Missy and other aristocratic friends also regularly visited clubs until her marriage. She was and presumably still is, also a friend of Harry's. George, her brother, was a friend of Pippa Middleton.
Actually I half expected to hear that Harry had hooked up with wild child Missy after her divorce.
Lady Melissa Percy frolicks with Otis Ferry on quad bikes in Northumberland | Daily Mail Online
But perhaps the Wales/Cambridge close friendship w/ her ex, Tom Straubenzee, precluded that happening.

What..the Northumberland girl is divorced already??

I thought she just got married???:ohmy:

After reading the article about the "noble" Percy ladies...no thanks. Harry can do much better.:eek:

Last edited:
What..the Northumberland girl is divorced already??

I thought she just got married???:ohmy:

No thanks. Harry can do much better.

Yes, both she and her sister had very brief marriages! Yet the Percys have the bluest of blue blood... So much for Harry marrying an aristocrat, like that is some guarantee.

(At least if the current crop of royal marriages don't work out, they have only themselves to blame, they can't say they were forced into it).

Other than outing herself to the press on her alleged relationship with Harry, can someone please provide me with evidence that Meghan is seeking press attention, other than the instagram shot about the bananas.

Unless I am mistaken, when a series and/or television premieres most actors have more media scheduled appearance to promote their most recent show/film.

Also, I am not in the fashion industry but how far in advance does it take for a fashion line to be in the works? I assume its at least six months in advance right? And you usually take pics of said line to be published before its released? So she didn't just take this pictures last week?

I don't Meghan personally and maybe she is not a nice person, I am just weary of her being bashed for doing her job.

Also, I am not in the fashion industry but how far in advance does it take for a fashion line to be in the works? I assume its at least six months in advance right? And you usually take pics of said line to be published before its released? So she didn't just take this pictures last week?

There was an interview with Meghan in the Globe and Mail published in a April that discussed the line which was then in development (it's just being released this week).

She's been an ambassador for Reitmans (which is a large brand/chain in Canada) for about a year now - I think the first commercial for them was released September 2015.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...c-canadian-retailer-reitmans/article29695988/

Didn't take the DM long to play the family Card

They have been said to have found much in common in their nascent romance, from doing yoga together to partying at an exclusive private members' club.

But the contrasts in Prince Harry and his rumored new girlfriend Meghan Markle's family backgrounds could hardly be starker.

On the one hand are ancestors whose empire stretched across vast portions of the globe, lived glamorous lives in palaces and were instantly recognizable to billions.

On the other is a family whose roots in the American South tell much of the struggle of the United States to come to terms with the legacy of slavery, and the divided society which grew up in its aftermath.

Markle, the 35-year-old Suits actress, has spoken of her pride in her mixed-race heritage and that her ancestors include slaves.
Meet the family, Harry! How new girl's ancestors were working hard in racially-fractured Jim Crow South when his were ruling the British Empire | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I honestly don't see what all the backlash is about- I'm assuming it's mostly to do with her race, but also possibly the fact that she's American, that she's divorced, that she's an actress, etc.

I hadn't ever heard of her, so I wouldn't say that she's an A-Lister by any means here in the US. However, just reading her biography gave me a pretty positive opinion: she's well-educated, and seems hard-working and very passionate about social and political issues. If there in a relationship, it could just be another short-term to a couple of years relationship, or it could be something lasting. And what if it is? Being a royal would give her the opportunity to pursue those social passions on a greater scale, and continue doing good in the world.

People seem to be quite bothered about the fact that she's mixed race, but... REALLY. It's the 21st century! Aren't we past that by now?

I have always found it a shame that Kate has yet to find something that really gets her and is something that she wants to fight for. Mental health is shared with her husband and brother-in-law, it's not something that is entirely her. Not in the way micro-financing is Màxima's, or education for girls is Mary's.

This is way OT, of course, but Maxima is the Queen, and Mary is married to the heir.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Harry's new love interest slammed Donald Trump as 'misogynistic' during a TV interview and threatened to leave America if he becomes president.

Meghan Markle, 35, who stars in legal drama Suits, voiced her strong opposition to the Republican nominee while appearing on the Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore on May 4.

Protocol dictates that members of the British Royal family must remain politically impartial.

But the actress - who is not quite in the royal fold yet - tore into Trump, branding him a divisive misogynist
\read more: Harry's new girl's contempt for 'misogynist' Trump revealed as she says she backs Clinton for president and would quit the States for Canada if he wins | Daily Mail Online

Although I do find it silly that people can still be stuck in the medieval era mindset about who is appropriate or not depending on their bloodlines, their ethnicity, their education or their previous involvements in life, the more I think about it, the more I think Meghan just might be what the doctor ordered for the British monarchy.

Living in an instant global society, I would think that having a member of the royal family that has the background that Meghan has would be more of a positive aspect than a negative one. We're far beyond the times where anyone on this planet is actually "better" than someone else and with the BRF needing to seem relevant to today's world, a more diverse royal family would become more identifiable to the people.

This all actually would be just a perk. What is most important is how Harry and Meghan feel about each other, how they work together as a team and how strong they can be against no matter what life throws at them.

We'll just have to wait and see. They may only be enjoying each company for now and its nothing serious. I expect Harry to keep his private life as much under the radar as possible and that's the way it should be.

........People seem to be quite bothered about the fact that she's mixed race, but... REALLY. It's the 21st century! Aren't we past that by now?

No not any more than people are past the class system. There are people here who openly discriminate against 'commoners' that dare raise their eyes to a royal person.

Prejudice and discrimination comes in all types of forms. Ethnic, religious, social standing/class, etc etc.

LaRae

The show on Comedy Central, which has since been cancelled, in which Meghan Markle expresses her political opinions, was filmed months ago when Bernie Sanders and Hillary were still fighting it out. Of course, if Meghan joined the royal family she would have to keep such opinions to herself. However, until then, (if it does,) then I like the fact that she has views and isn't afraid to express them coherently.

[...] her bloodlines (like the human race are a bunch of horses). [...]

But you are a regular visitor to a forum which is all about a system for centuries characterized by "bloodlines" anyway. In a vain attempt to "modernize", all requirements seems to have gone and it will only erode the core fundament of what royalty (or aristocracy) means. After all: if they want to "modernize" they should start to advocate a system in which free citizens have a free choice to elect their own democratic head of state.

[...] There are people here who openly discriminate against 'commoners' that dare raise their eyes to a royal person. [...]

Why do you not make the conclusion that Europeans should bring their monarchies down? After all: aren't these monachies the ultimate discrimination against every "commoner" ?

I am also interested in how you see Queen Elizabeth, heavily bejewelled and in ermine robes, summoning the House of "Commons" (sic!) to hear her speaking in the House of Lords? And in that room, the Lords and Ladies are seated in their parliamentary robes, while the "Commons" stand humbly, in their sweaty wrinkly polyester suits, in the door opening...

Last edited by a moderator:

If Meghan marries Harry , will she also threaten to quit the UK when a Tory government is elected ? Will she publicly support the Labour Party because it is better aligned to her activist agenda ? That is exactly the point I was making before about Meghan possiby having trouble adjusting to the imperative of political neutrality of the Crown (even if she's right about Trump....)

If Meghan marries Harry , will she also threaten to quit the UK when a Tory government is elected ? Will she publicly support the Labour Party because it is better aligned to her activist agenda ? That is exactly the point I was making before about Meghan possiby having trouble adjusting to the imperative of political neutrality of the Crown (even if she's right about Trump....)

Oh, people always say they'll leave the country if a certain candidate is elected!
:lol:
It's just something they say, they never really do it.
(Honestly, I wish they would! But they won't. It's posturing).

That tv appearance was from early May 2016. She would have just met Harry if we go by the Toronto visit as the initial meeting theory. You can not hold her to the Royal rules immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

.....why do you not make the conclusion that Europeans should bring their monarchies down? After all: aren't these monachies the ultimate discrimination against every "commoner" ?

I am also interested in how you see Queen Elizabeth, heavily bejewelled and in ermine robes, summoning the House of "Commons" (sic!) to hear her speaking in the House of Lords? And in that room, the Lords and Ladies are seated in their parliamentary robes, while the "Commons" stand humbly, in their sweaty wrinkly polyester suits, in the door opening...

I'm not European or from a country that has royalty, so it's not my place to tell the people who live under monarchies or pseudo-monarchies they should get rid of their royals. That's their business.

My comment, you quoted, was referring to the posters here who have made comments about royals marrying 'down' or beneath them or 'not suitable'.. as if a person being born into a certain family made them somehow superior to anyone else.

LaRae

Last edited:
I fear you are 'wasting your breath' Duc_et_Pair, Americans [especially] will never understand what Europeans expect of their Monarchies...

I have always found it a shame that Kate has yet to find something that really gets her and is something that she wants to fight for. Mental health is shared with her husband and brother-in-law, it's not something that is entirely her. Not in the way micro-financing is Màxima's, or education for girls is Mary's.

Neither woman started strong in their current fields, so to speak. They took their time. Kate seems to be doing the same with addiction as well as mental health as they go together. Just because William & Harry also are involved with mental health, should not negate Kate's focus. After all, it's only at a few things a year that we see the trio attend events together regarding mental health and those aren't the only times Kate is out there. She has done well on her own in her beginning and will continue to rise, we hope, as Mary & Maxima have done with their own passion projects.

As for Meghan, I don't want to comment until I at least see them together, otherwise it's wasted breath.

Neither woman started strong in their current fields, so to speak. They took their time. Kate seems to be doing the same with addiction as well as mental health as they go together. Just because William & Harry also are involved with mental health, should not negate Kate's focus. After all, it's only at a few things a year that we see the trio attend events together regarding mental health and those aren't the only times Kate is out there. She has done well on her own in her beginning and will continue to rise, we hope, as Mary & Maxima have done with their own passion projects.

As for Meghan, I don't want to comment until I at least see them together, otherwise it's wasted breath.

It would nice to see them pictured together, if this is all true. It would confirm that Harry is no longer single.

I think the issue is there is no passion. There is nothing To show this is real personal passion of interest. For William and Harry we have been hold about the connection to the loss of Their mom and military work. Kate seems to be along for the ride. If there us a personal reason, then Kate needs to express it. This is something max and Mary have both done. Maybe she needs to stop focussing on some major cause and pick something she has a connection to. All royals have multiple patronages, but you see a real difference when it us something they are passionate about. For Camilla we we it with her literacy programs, and animal Shelters, she lights up with both. Sophie is involved with eye issues each season of her daughter. We are told Kate uis a photographer and she studied art, perhaps a focus in her own areas. Or in pregnancy issues like she is said to have suffered from.

Meghan like of hate her, she has a leg up. She not only has a career, but she has had a chance U.K. Establish interests outside a boyfriend. She is passionately involved with world vision and wlmens causes. If she were to marry him, these aren't patronages she picked up to fulfill her total obligations. Seems unfortunate Kate didn't. She had dated William for years, she had plenty of time to get involved and have some idea of her own causes when she wed. Volunteering us not simply a royal thing.

If there us a personal reason, then Kate needs to express it

Why on Earth should she bare her soul for the edification of total strangers ? She is an Englishwoman and is unlikely to 'emote', as North American types feel they MUST !

I think the issue is there is no passion. There is nothing To show this is real personal passion of interest. For William and Harry we have been hold about the connection to the loss of Their mom and military work. Kate seems to be along for the ride. If there us a personal reason, then Kate needs to express it. This is something max and Mary have both done. Maybe she needs to stop focussing on some major cause and pick something she has a connection to. All royals have multiple patronages, but you see a real difference when it us something they are passionate about. For Camilla we we it with her literacy programs, and animal Shelters, she lights up with both. Sophie is involved with eye issues each season of her daughter. We are told Kate uis a photographer and she studied art, perhaps a focus in her own areas. Or in pregnancy issues like she is said to have suffered from.

Meghan like of hate her, she has a leg up. She not only has a career, but she has had a chance U.K. Establish interests outside a boyfriend. She is passionately involved with world vision and wlmens causes. If she were to marry him, these aren't patronages she picked up to fulfill her total obligations. Seems unfortunate Kate didn't. She had dated William for years, she had plenty of time to get involved and have some idea of her own causes when she wed. Volunteering us not simply a royal thing.

I think it's wise to leave the Duchess of Cambridge out of the conversation. It'll cause the page to be shut down for a cleaning.

Childhood mental health and addiction are just two of Kate's many passions But turn a Harry relationship thread into about Kate and it will be closed. surely not every thread meeds to be about Kate :p

I didn't know it was. Kate has only been mentioned in passing in the last few posts. The rest of the posts have been concentrating on Meghan Markle and Harry and the many articles that have come out about them in the last week.

Regarding I say that Kate is plebeian, I think there was a misunderstanding.For me it doesn't matter if the person has blue blood. Color, race, financial position .... for me isn't important. I just said that the fact that Kate did not have royal blood, could also be a problem for anyone who cares about this.

A lot of people like to talk about class here at TRF. It will be interesting to see where a bi-racial American from divorced parents fits into the great British class system.

If certain people look down on a privately educated girl from the Home counties, our dear Meghan will have an awful time of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom