Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is involved with the actor who played Rob Stark in GOT (season 1-3). He is her own Prince Charming, as he played Kit/Charming in 2015 Cinderella movie.

And yes, Camilla Thurlow, the 'commoner' he dated in 2014:whistling: was Kate's look alike

As you may have heard, Prince Harry is dating Camilla Thurlow, a beautiful brunette who bears a striking resemblance to his sister-in-law, Kate Middleton
http://www.bustle.com/articles/3762...rlfriend-used-to-work-at-abercrombie-commoner

Honestly any time he is linked to a brunette she will be compared to Kate, like Harry has some deep rooted attraction to his SIL.:bang:

I tend to agree. Maybe Harry is ok flirting/dating/hanging out with girls who aren't "princess material" because he's interested in having a good time with them not marrying them. It seems that other people are a lot more interested in Harry finding love than he is.

I think he is like Andew in that respect.. Andrew did experience a brief wish to settle down and married sarah but really I think he was happier when he was single again. Harry may well feel that even though he is the second son, times have changed and if he doesn't want to marry, he does not have to - And he does not want to marry and have a "princess" who will have to be slotted into the RF. If he wants kids, I suppose he would have to marry but while I think he's fond of tehm, he has his nephew and niece and a lot of young cousins..

Last edited:
Prince Andrew doesn't strike me as a particularly happy person. Had he married a different woman, things could have turned out for the better. Sarah wasn't prepared to be a naval wife in the long run. She didn't like it when he was away, and she didn't like it when he was home. He liked to "chill" after working during the week, and she wanted entertainment.

Most people want the security and companionship that marriage brings. It doesn't work out that way all the time, but that's not because people who get married don't want it.

I don't think that Harry's any different in that way from most people.

I think he is like Andew in that respect.. Andrew did experience a brief wish to settle down and married sarah but really I think he was happier when he was single again. Harry may well feel that even though he is the second son, times have changed and if he doesn't want to marry, he does not have to - And he does not want to marry and have a "princess" who will have to be slotted into the RF. If he wants kids, I suppose he would have to marry but while I think he's fond of tehm, he has his nephew and niece and a lot of young cousins..

I think Harry's like many people of his generation, and the one before it, (Gens X and Y) who don't necessarily want to be married in their twenties. There are some who are still living at home at thirty, (in between trips overseas to live and work.)

Some are now talking as if (a) Harry will never marry or (b) won't marry until he's forty. Perhaps he won't, none of us know. However, he may marry in the next couple of years. None of us know that either.

I do think sometimes that if he had not been a Prince he and Chelsy might well have married when they were in their mid-twenties. Their romance was always tempestuous, and with life and careers pulling them in different directions they could also have separated and divorced by now, so maybe it's just as well both are still unmarried! (Chelsy is thirty and still happily single as well.)

Last edited:
Prince Andrew doesn't strike me as a particularly happy person. Had he married a different woman, things could have turned out for the better. Sarah wasn't prepared to be a naval wife in the long run. She didn't like it when he was away, and she didn't like it when he was home. He liked to "chill" after working during the week, and she wanted entertainment.

Most people want the security and companionship that marriage brings. It doesn't work out that way all the time, but that's not because people who get married don't want it.

I don't think that Harry's any different in that way from most people.

I don't know. I think that Andy's ok with his lifestyle. Perhaps he was disappointed that his marriage turned out so badly and because of that, he's never wanted to try again... but I think he has lots of girls, he has his work and he already has children, and a friendship with Sarah.. so Honeslty I think he's happy enough. Or possibly after his divorce the RF were like "we'd rather you DIDNT try and get married again because we rally cant afford another scandalous divorce."
I think that Harry is ok with things as they are. He may not wish to settle down early but if he waits a long time, well there are the biological facts that if he marries later, he may not have children.

Well, there's Charlie Chaplin and Rupert Mordoch, both of whom fathered children at over 80!
Seriously though, I really can't see Harry waiting until late middle age to marry and have children, mid-30's is more like it.

Many seem convinced he will have automatically have a long courtship like his brother and cousins. He is 31, so that means closer to 40 if he meets her soon. Of course that ignores things like age. A couple who start at 20/21 like Will and his cousins, are more likely to wait longer. Now a days even 25 seems young and no need to rush. 35 is completely different. Than there is the whole he is his own person and can follow his own time.

Well, there's Charlie Chaplin and Rupert Mordoch, both of whom fathered children at over 80!
Seriously though, I really can't see Harry waiting until late middle age to marry and have children, mid-30's is more like it.
I meant that unless he married a girl a lot younger, if he waits till he's 40, and marries a woman close to him in age, his chances of having a family go down. I think that Harry isn't into marriage and would problaby mainly do it to have a family.. or if he really met a woman he was crazy about.

Christopher was born when Charlie was 73. Did he cheat on Oona and have a secret love child in his 80's?

Probably! Must have been someone else I was thinking of! :lol:

I think James DOohan had a child at 80 - Scotty in Star Trek. But Im assuming that the RF would be a bit wary of senor members, whose marriage is going to be "front and centre" making a marriage with someone a lot younger etc. I think they'd fear another Chas and Di situation.

It does not matter if he Married now or at 80 .... He could still father healthy children and plenty of them :)

That's quite true, Amaryllus. Not that I think Harry will wait quite that long!

It does not matter if he Married now or at 80 .... He could still father healthy children and plenty of them :)

He MIGHT be able to father children. he might not. he might not be able to father children at all. And I harldy think that it would look good for him, say at 40 to marry a woman a lot younger than him.. much less at 80

I am impressed. Henry has been single for quite some time! Anyone know how long?

I am impressed. Henry has been single for quite some time! Anyone know how long?

Oh, I'd guesstimate it to be going on 32 years now. He's really officially single until he marries. :D

(ducks and runs for cover)

It was round about April in 2014 when he and Cressida Bonas split, just before Guy Pelly's wedding in the US. That's two years and about four months by my reckoning. However, I'd say that he's been dating since here and there, just not seriously, and keeping things under wraps.

Oh, I'd guesstimate it to be going on 32 years now. He's really officially single until he marries. :D

(ducks and runs for cover)

Hilarious Osipi!!!:glare:

It was round about April in 2014 when he and Cressida Bonas split, just before Guy Pelly's wedding in the US. That's two years and about four months by my reckoning. However, I'd say that he's been dating since here and there, just not seriously, and keeping things under wraps.

Thank you Curryong. :flowers:

And how long has Chelsy been single now?

I know Cres has had a boyfriend in between...

Last edited by a moderator:
Chelsy ended her romance with jeweller Charles Goode (if it was really a strong romance; I have my doubts) in about January 2015. We aren't taking that old tramp steamer for a final journey under the bridge of sighs, are we? :lol: Harry and Chelsy are finished, finito, done, for all time! :)

Last edited:
:previous:Hehehe!:D

It is interesting to observe however that they are living similar lives (relationship wise). I am witnessing a similar situation close to home. Does not mean that they will ever get together, but I wonder if they had allowed their relationship to fizzle out (like B perhaps) would they now be with potential husband/wife? Unresolved or early discovery of the "right" partner at the wrong time can really mess things up with future relationships.

I don't know, just thoughts...

I suppose most people do recover from their lost first loves eventually and move on. I don't know that that particular magic, the enchantment of first love, is ever quite replicated in later relationships though, and as far as Chelsy and Harry are concerned, I get the feeling that both are quite impatient and restless people. There may be a lot of nostalgia when each looks back, and thus they might have found later partners wanting in some way. I don't know.

In an earlier post I did say that probably if Harry had not been who he was and is, they might well have been married (to each other) in their mid-twenties. In spite of the tempestuous nature of their relationship and their careers pulling them in different directions, there was a really strong bond and great love there. It's quite sad, really.

However, even if feelings were rekindled now, there is still that huge problem in that Chelsy doesn't want to be a Royal, and has never wanted that life. Even though Harry is only a part-time Royal still, there's the distinct possibility that he'll be needed in the BRF fold when Charles becomes King. I don't know that Chelsy's desire for freedom and disinterest in Royal engagements would ever overcome that hurdle,

Last edited:
I don't buy the 'Chelsy and Harry are star-crossed lovers' narrative. I think they had a strong, passionate relationship but it just reached it's shelf life and ended organically.

I feel sorry for both of them because if/when they marry someone else, a select few reporters and certain royal watchers are going to say how they just settled. Their new partners will be in for some rough treatment.

It's not a bad thing to say, Harry and Chelsy in their late teens through mid-twenties were perfect for each other, but Harry and Chelsy in their thirties are perfect for other partners.

I don't buy the 'Chelsy and Harry are star-crossed lovers' narrative.

It is a powerful narrative; great tabloid fodder because it feeds the desire for good storytelling. I can't speak to what either feels, but boy does that idea sell papers.

:previous: The fact that Chelsy seems to spend a lot of time grinning or laughing out loud makes her more animated and to be honest, Harry never smiled or laughed so much as when they were together.

Coincidentally most of the girls/women that Harry has been seen with since seem to scream Sloan St and trust fund and appear perpetually bored with a twitch of the lips that could, at a pinch, be seen as a smile.

Whatever else I would wish for Harry a happy woman with a great smile and laughing eyes would lead the list because these days Harry doesn't seem to laugh or even smile as much as he did.

I don't know which harry you are looking at but he appears happier than he's ever been imo. where has he ever looked sad, ig event, meetings with presidents, tour in nepal. even that wedding he attended in SA last weekend, sounded like he had one hell of a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom