The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 01:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
Victoria Arbiter has NO IDEA what she is talking about...She doesn't know how often Harry and Meghan meet up...Harry and Meghan have been VERY DISCREET in their meetings I doubt Victoria has a tracking device on Harry...After his recent hush trip to Toronto I can't take her seriously anymore.Harry and Meghan are too good at being sneaky for me to agree with the 8 days together...It may even be true but I'm NOT taking it from Victoria...

I'm not sure why you are using capitals which equal shouting and I have a feeling she might know more than you and me.
Until they are living a normal life together it's much too soon to talk weddings
All the hiding and sneaking around can make it very exciting and fun but that's not the life they will lead if they marry. It will be like how every other royal lives and works unless Harry walked away and can't see that happening

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 12-09-2016, 02:41 AM
Serene Highness

I think there are only a very few people who have any clue what's going on, and how often Meghan and Harry have met up. As of now, she's Harry's girlfriend. That's it. He has shown, that he'll have her back, and will go for the extra mile for her. But that doesn't mean engagement, or marriage is in plans any time soon. She's important to him, he wants to be with her, and she's a priority for him (judging by his actions). I think this has got some fans and the media on their toes.

I don't think neither Harry or Meghan are stupid or naive. They know this relationship, if it lasts, will be a huge adjustment for her. I think Harry is trying to make it as easy as possible for her, but it's still a lot. She needs time to get used to it, to adjust.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Hmm...

I think it's likely they'll spend New Year's together. Not necessarily Christmas - Harry's likely to spend that with the family, and Meghan isn't likely to get an invite there. New Years is different, and I doubt there's any reason one or the other can't fly to visit, perhaps even for longer than a weekend. January is typically a slow royal month. Likewise, it's unlikely that Harry isn't going to do a ski trip at some point this winter, and I wouldn't be surprised if Meghan joins - remember, that's how we first got pictures of him with Cressida.

I don't think we're likely to see Harry, let alone Meghan, at Catherine or William's birthdays. Eugenie's is different, and it'll be interesting to see if any of Harry's exes are also there.

-Eugenie’s 27th birthday. Harry and Eugenie are very close and he usually attends her birthdays, so this is a good possibility. I believe Chelsy and Harry were somewhat on/off throughout their relationship, plus he was a lot younger when Peter turned 30 and Camilla 60 which could have influenced the lack of a date.

I don't know if Meghan'll show up at polo - it'd be interesting as polo games tend to be such huge family things, with the Cambridges, Harry, Anne and Tim, the Phillips, the Tindalls, and even the Wessexes sometimes in attendance. Wimbledon is probably a given - didn't it come out that Meghan attended Wimbledon this year in the royal box? What would also be interesting is if she goes to Ascot, although that's a stretch - Harry doesn't typical attend himself.

I think it's likely that Meghan'll be his plus-one at Skippy's wedding. It would be odd if she wasn't, to be honest - as if Harry were deliberately hiding her.
Great list. But she will only be able to make it to any of these if it fits with her proffesional schedual. Shooting movies/series don't get reschedualed just because she is dating a prince.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:23 AM
Aristocracy

I think the only reason the Queen's children had to get married in Civil Ceremonies is because they already had their televised weddings that British Taxpayers paid for...Royal weddings are not cheap at all...If they wanted to give Harry and Meghan a Royal Wedding they could bend the rules because who hasn't been waiting on notorious bachelor Harry to get married...That could bring in a large amount of Tourism with her being American also...If the Queen likes her she will make the wedding happen ...She has changed the rules before...As the last son to the Heir and brother to an heir I can't imagine them not having a Royal Wedding and them not taking advantage of Prince George as a pageboy and Princess Charlotte as a potential flower girl to their Uncle...Just my opinion though...
Old 12-09-2016, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If and when Harry does marry, I fully expect his wedding to a big one. Westminster Abbey and the processions and the balcony appearances. This, of course, depends on Harry going the traditional route with a royal wedding.

For all we know, he could opt out to get married in Africa but I don't see that happening if his beloved Granny and Grandpa is still around to enjoy his wedding. I will also bet my last chocolate covered cherry that William will be his best man/supporter by his side.

It is something to look forward to and that's the best part.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
I think the only reason the Queen's children had to get married in Civil Ceremonies is because they already had their televised weddings that British Taxpayers paid for...Royal weddings are not cheap at all...
Anne was remarried in a church service. Church of Scotland, not Church of England, but a church wedding all the same. Charles and Camilla were the ones to have a civil ceremony, but their situation was quite complicated by the fact that the public was quite aware of and unhappy with the fact that they'd had an affair during his first marriage. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some concern that a more public wedding than what they had would be met with embarrassingly small crowds or even some protests.

The main factor determining whether a church wedding would be allowed for Harry or anyone in their family would be whether the relationship complies with the rules of the Church of England, and those have been evolving in the last couple of decades. There was a big vote in 2002, after Anne's second wedding but before Charles, at which an overwhelming majority of clergy agreed that remarriage should be allowed on a case-by-case basis, even if there is a surviving ex-spouse. Charles and Camilla quite likely would have been allowed a true church wedding had they sought one. And in the years since that couple remarried, the CoE has increasingly loosened restrictions on clergy, who are the group most strictly held to their standards about these things. There is now precedent for even bishops to be allowed to keep their position after a second marriage.

All this to say that, in the event (which we should not assume is a given) that Harry and Meghan decide to get married, it is quite possible that her previous divorce will not be a stumbling block to them having their ceremony in even the grandest of CoE sanctuaries.

Of course, if she is Catholic and doesn't want convert, that would be a different can of worms...
Old 12-09-2016, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016

I'm not totally sold on Harry getting a big Westminster Abbey wedding. It's a different economic and security situation from when Andrew got married in the Abbey. William and Kate are the future King and Queen. Harry isn't. Even W&K's wedding was scaled back than earlier Abbey royal weddings.

Maybe we see something like Edward's at St George's Chapel. Prince George is the only unmarried royal who would be guaranteed a big Abbey wedding.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:25 AM
Majesty

What about Harry's own opinion? Maybe he would like a wedding in another church... It's not like only Westminster exist... anyway, I think that the imagination is again flying too high!
Old 12-09-2016, 08:29 AM
Courtier

Yes, there is of course the very real possibility that there won't be an appetite from Harry or the family as a whole for his wedding (to whomever he eventually chooses, if he chooses to marry) to be a big, public affair. And there are certainly many smaller CoE churches where he could have a quite lovely church wedding, if he wants to do so. We really can't assume anything at this point.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:42 AM
Aristocracy

No one here is inside Harry's head to know what he really feels for Meghan. Who can be sure if it's just passion and lust? Who knows, he does not really love her ?? And I agree with whoever said that we do not know exactly how long they are together and how often they have already met. I would not be surprised if they announced the engagement soon.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Of course, if she is Catholic and doesn't want convert, that would be a different can of worms...
As I understand it she doesn't have to convert. They changed things...Harry would not lose his place in succession now if he marries a Catholic.

LaRae

My prediction is that when Harry marries he will have a wedding more along the lines of Zara's than Williams. Smaller, more intimate and lower key.

LaRae
Old 12-09-2016, 09:19 AM
Majesty

Having big a royal wedding just for the sake of it is so 20th century.

Harry's wedding will be televised, it will be attended by royals from the continent, but it won't be in front of 1900 people in Westminster Abbey like William's. Harry and William have very different destinies.

Like Skippboo said, times are different from the decadent 80s. Andrew today would only rate a wedding at St George's Chapel Windsor.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:19 AM
Courtier

To be honest, I hope he has a big wedding, but only because the moaning, wailing, and gnashing of teeth on Twitter, etc if he doesn't get as big a wedding as William would be insufferable.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Majesty

Zara's not a child of the Prince of Wales or a prominent Royal that the public would turn out for and wanted to see wed. And what of the bride? What if she would like a wedding in an ancient church in or near London like St George's, Windsor, or the Abbey? Meghan seems to have a wide circle of friends and so does Harry. There are his charities as well. He'd probably like representatives from them to be present.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

People on Twitter don't have to pay for shutting down the center of London.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
If Harry wishes to retain his place in the line of succession then it's not entirely his choice how long he has to wait before an engagement.

Harry need the Queen's permission to marry. It's that simple. If he marries a divorce, Catholic, American woman without his grandmother's permission then he's out of the line of succession. And while the Queen might not consider her being bi-racial, divorced, Catholic, or an American as a valid reason to deny him permission to marry (none of which really are), she is likely to consider a short relationship where the pair of them haven't even lived in the same continent a good reason.

If Harry rushes to the alter just because his biological clock is ticking then he's a fool who's destined to repeat his father's mistakes. Let him enjoy the dating stage of his relationship.
Wise and thoughtful comment. I agree with every word Ish.. The fact that she is bi-racial and Catholic and American are not things she has control over and should not be grounds to disapprove of her. However a rushed courtship full of physical attraction and passion does not bode well for a long term stable marriage.

HM is a (reputedly) wise woman full of common sense who has lived a very long life. I think she will do what she can to head off another divorce in her family.

IF Harry and Meghan are truly in love there is no rush.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-09-2016, 09:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

I still don't see Harry having a wedding like Williams regardless that he's the son of the PoW. It's her second wedding. Most generally when divorcee's re-marry they do not have big productions of it. It's usually considered in bad taste. Charles didn't even get married in a Church.

LaRae
Old 12-09-2016, 09:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Charles's situation was totally different. It don't apply to Harry and Meghan.

Anyway, it's a bit to early to go into this talk right now. A courtship is taking place.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Nobility

Harry is the most popular royal in the BRF and he is marrying an American and it's for that reason I think his wedding will be televised and it will big and some nation leaders will be invited.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Aristocracy

I find it easier to end up in divorce if Harry, induced by the family, marries a empty-headed socialite

Closed Thread