The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1721  
Old 12-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Perhaps a little tacky buy I'm not an expert on affairs of the heat

Meghan Markle Wears Personalized Necklace for Prince Harry: Pics - Us Weekly
Awe! She was so happy in that picture ...I hope this works out because Harry is definitely into her.
__________________

  #1722  
Old 12-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coastal California, United States
Posts: 1,235
Edited to add, oops Jacknch, sorry, it took me so long to compose my reply that your request to take the discussion elsewhere posted in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
On the one hand, no, the press doesn't need to know about Harry's private activities and movements. On the other, if he has taken the requisite security personnel with him to Toronto, he's created a tricky situation for the accountants who need to sort out which costs associated with those men are paid for by the taxpayer, which ones come out of his own pocket, and whether the necessary prorating and transfers of money are handled correctly. There are very good reasons for the royals to draws a clear and hard line between personal trips and professional ones, and he seems to have just muddied the waters in a risky way.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the RPOs for the main Royals like Harry are paid for 24/7 by the taxpayers. Charles when he is at Highgrove, William and Catherine when they are at Amner or George when at his grandparent Middleton's home, have 24/7 RPOs and I don't believe that they pay for them out of their own pockets. So Harry going to Toronto, Scotland, London, or Timbuktu after the tour is a non issue vis a viz. the cost of the RPOs.
I'm a bit confused, but is this what happened - I assume there was never a promise to the press that they would fly back on the same plane as Harry, but they were told in the pre briefing that he was returning to London after the tour and perhaps he did not board the plane to London they assumed he would board?
Everyone had to fly from Guyana to Barbados to make connecting flights. Harry went on a private plane. The press did not and had issues w/ their Guyana flight to Barbados and missed their connecting flight to London and were not happy about that and to add insult to injury one reporter lost his luggage (because it's all about him, right?) Meanwhile their prey, er Harry, somehow managed to escape Barbados w/out them & they don't know where he went, therefore he must have snuck off to see his GF who they know was in Toronto buying groceries and flowers as well as doing yoga recently. Does this summarize this tempest in a teapot accurately?
__________________

  #1723  
Old 12-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 489
Ya know, the fact that Harry has done all this tell me he is going to propose soon and he may do it over their one week vacation.
  #1724  
Old 12-06-2016, 04:37 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,305
I agree with that. She must have an assistant who can watch her social media if she's working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
My last say about it for the day. Some of her "fans" on insta are posting pretty nasty things about Kate might be a good idea for her to block them.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #1725  
Old 12-06-2016, 05:20 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Ya know, the fact that Harry has done all this tell me he is going to propose soon and he may do it over their one week vacation.

I really can't see him doing that so soon. I can only imagine his father would not be supportive of that either considering that his own quick proposal time didn't work out so well.


LaRae
  #1726  
Old 12-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I really can't see him doing that so soon. I can only imagine his father would not be supportive of that either considering that his own quick proposal time didn't work out so well.


LaRae
I agree it's too soon to propose but two things are different.Charles and Diana only had a handful of dates before he proposed and Diana was a Naïve young woman.Their union was a forced proposal by a heir...If Harry were to propose after a year it would not be forced ,he is 5th in line and they are both in their 30's and know what they want...That is a HUGE difference but I agree,too soon.I would assume he would want to marry before both of his grandparents died though and the queen being so elderly would possibly be happy to have another wedding before she passed.Not saying the DofE and Queen are unhealthy but the Queen loves a wedding!
  #1727  
Old 12-06-2016, 06:12 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
At this point Harry has to have the permission of the Queen to marry anyway. Presumably that would be given unless there's something that is totally unsuitable about her comes out.

I'm not sure how much time Harry has actually been able to spend with Meghan, it doesn't seem like much based on the time frame and their situation. They can't exactly date in a normal way with her living in Canada and he in England. I think if she were to move to the U.K. it would be a strong signal as to their intentions.


LaRae
  #1728  
Old 12-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
Hmm, i think it’s kind of bad when a working royal’s personal life takes preference/gets more attention over the job. Looks like PH is kind of mixing Business with pleasure recently. kind of disappointing.
Where are you seeing that his personal life is taking preference over the job? The press have been reporting continuously during the tour. The tour is OVER, this is his free time to do as he chooses and I'm sure he is paying his own way. The press need to quite whining .......
  #1729  
Old 12-06-2016, 06:17 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
At this point Harry has to have the permission of the Queen to marry anyway. Presumably that would be given unless there's something that is totally unsuitable about her comes out.

I'm not sure how much time Harry has actually been able to spend with Meghan, it doesn't seem like much based on the time frame and their situation. They can't exactly date in a normal way with her living in Canada and he in England. I think if she were to move to the U.K. it would be a strong signal as to their intentions.


LaRae
I think they will figure it all out.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #1730  
Old 12-06-2016, 06:21 PM
Angel.10's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 108
I don't think it takes a picture to prove that Harry was in Toronto. Also there is no photograph of him with Meghan and it is clear that they are together.
  #1731  
Old 12-06-2016, 06:37 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,333
If some of the comments/approach that I have read on various sites from US contributers are anything to go by, there is a real lack of understanding about the mechanics of royal life.

On his v successful tour, Harry spoke about the enormous responsibility inbeing royal and how he has to earn the privileges that being royal brings him.

Any future wife has to understanding that, be willing to take it on, and really get to grips with the mechanics of how it all works.

Its been hard enough for British women having been brought up in the country, (QEQM turned down Bertie twice because of her concerns about royal life and she knew them well) but I think those not used it, possible used to celebrity but not royalty, it will take time. IM reminded of Grace Kelly who felt the restrictions at the time.

This is not a celebrity life where eventually you are not recognised in the street and can live yr ownlife. This is for all time, with every word, tweet, letter, passing comment, frown, laugh and sigh analysed and written about. Same applies to yr friends and family.

They need time and that is going to be very difficult. And fans (click bait) wont be helping.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #1732  
Old 12-06-2016, 06:44 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
I think they are fairly serious given all the obstacles they have jumped in order to be together. As far as proposing I think they should take this time to live together on the same continent for a while before making such an important decision.

One thing that really grinds my gears is when Meghan is called a booty call....I'm sorry but if that is all Harry wanted their are plenty of willing women in Britain. He surely knows that. But the fact that he has made a public statement along with the constant travel and breaking of rules after the tour, that is enough for me to know that this is not a simple fling and Meghan is not just a stereotypical booty call. Like them or hate them, whether they last of not, she is not a booty call.
  #1733  
Old 12-06-2016, 06:44 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Where are you seeing that his personal life is taking preference over the job? The press have been reporting continuously during the tour. The tour is OVER, this is his free time to do as he chooses and I'm sure he is paying his own way. The press need to quite whining .......

I love this post. He is Royal prince but he is also a man. I wish they would leave him alone!

AlowVera....the people calling Harry's girlfriend a "booty call" are engaging in wishful thinking, maybe with sour grapes thrown in for a chaser. There are zillions of those all over Britain and America and every other place in between IF that's what he wants.

Not convinced yet he will marry her or if I even want him to, but she sure as heck isn't a cheap thrill for him.

Anyone who thinks so is being blind and deaf and dumb.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #1734  
Old 12-06-2016, 06:51 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
If some of the comments/approach that I have read on various sites from US contributers are anything to go by, there is a real lack of understanding about the mechanics of royal life.

On his v successful tour, Harry spoke about the enormous responsibility inbeing royal and how he has to earn the privileges that being royal brings him.

Any future wife has to understanding that, be willing to take it on, and really get to grips with the mechanics of how it all works.

Its been hard enough for British women having been brought up in the country, (QEQM turned down Bertie twice because of her concerns about royal life and she knew them well) but I think those not used it, possible used to celebrity but not royalty, it will take time. IM reminded of Grace Kelly who felt the restrictions at the time.

This is not a celebrity life where eventually you are not recognised in the street and can live yr ownlife. This is for all time, with every word, tweet, letter, passing comment, frown, laugh and sigh analysed and written about. Same applies to yr friends and family.

They need time and that is going to be very difficult. And fans (click bait) wont be helping.
I hope she knows what she is getting herself into. It comes with alot of baggage and unfortunately alot of misinformation has tainted the country against Meghan. She has spoken very little. Tweets for her fans does not count. Her fans know her, the British public does not. If they are serious then they need to hit the reset button and reintroduce her to the British public. She should spend some time getting to know about the history and institution before making a rash decision. As she has already seen the British media and public opinion can be harsh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I love this post. He is Royal prince but he is also a man. I wish they would leave him alone!

AlowVera....the people calling Harry's girlfriend a "booty call" are engaging in wishful thinking, maybe with sour grapes thrown in for a chaser. There are zillions of those all over Britain and America and every other place in between IF that's what he wants.

Not convinced yet he will marry her or if I even want him to, but she sure as heck isn't a cheap thrill for him.

Anyone who thinks so is being blind and deaf and dumb.
Right! I mean what about all the European princesses that are somehow deemed appropriate. Love knows nothing about being appropriate. The heart wants what it wants and it is better to be selfish in choosing your mate than let others choose the wrong person for you.

Save
  #1735  
Old 12-06-2016, 07:02 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
I hope she knows what she is getting herself into. It comes with alot of baggage and unfortunately alot of misinformation has tainted the country against Meghan. She has spoken very little. Tweets for her fans does not count. Her fans know her, the British public does not. If they are serious then they need to hit the reset button and reintroduce her to the British public. She should spend some time getting to know about the history and institution before making a rash decision. As she has already seen the British media and public opinion can be harsh!
JUst so right. you can like/love the person but they all come with baggage and this is 24/7/365 media baggage. And as they will go on about - a taxpayer funded public position.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #1736  
Old 12-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Angel.10's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 108
Meghan seems to be a strong, intelligent and determined woman, she will not be intimidated by the British media
  #1737  
Old 12-06-2016, 07:29 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.10 View Post
Meghan seems to be a strong, intelligent and determined woman, she will not be intimidated by the British media
it is more to the point whether she or any potential wife of a member of the RF is intimidated by the job. the media is just another issue, its the job that counts.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #1738  
Old 12-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
it is more to the point whether she or any potential wife of a member of the RF is intimidated by the job. the media is just another issue, its the job that counts.
The love she and Harry share will carry her through (if anything becomes official in the future). The job she will have to learn, just like Catherine and other wives before her. Without love, support and understanding, nothing works.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #1739  
Old 12-06-2016, 08:31 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,153
And the spotlight and scrutiny isn't going to stop after any wedding, it going to continue plus add comparisons with Diana and Kate.
  #1740  
Old 12-06-2016, 08:36 PM
duchesschicana's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London, United States
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Where are you seeing that his personal life is taking preference over the job? The press have been reporting continuously during the tour. The tour is OVER, this is his free time to do as he chooses and I'm sure he is paying his own way. The press need to quite whining .......
I hope he did take care of the costs Even IF he paid his way the RPO and visit. He blurred the lines and that's not a good thing. If it were PA who did this there would be no Sympathy. Anyways, I found this interesting comment. Don't know if there's any truth to this
Quote:
December 6, 2016 at 4:36 pm (4 hours ago)
We know Harry didn’t fly back with KP team on commercial flight. What everyone skipped was the St Lucia extra activity and extra night. It involved John Warren who is in charge of QE racehorses. $2.6 billion Pearl of the Caribbean development set for St. Lucia - UPI.com St. Lucia Soon to be the ‘Pearl of the Caribbean’ | TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions https://stluciatimes.com/2016/11/28/...e-second-time# It was suspected that H&M had rendezvous in August. See lovelolaheart blog. Misha Nonoo and Suzanne Warren are friends. Jake Warren and Misha soon to be ex husband are longtime friends of Harry. Meg had friends in Toronto take various pictures to be leaked to press to cover the fact she was with Harry in St Luci with the Warrens. When news broke that he didn’t fly home with Team everyone assumed he flew to Toronto. He rejoined Meghan and the Warrens in Barbados and flew on private jet. KP covering by letting the Toronto story distract from worse truth that he spent time with her while on tour.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian baptism biography british british royal family british royals camilla's family camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese clarence house commonwealth countries crown jewels customs daisy doge of venice duchess of sussex duke of sussex elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style genetics george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf harry and meghan hello! history hochberg house of windsor jack brooksbank japan japan history jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers luxembourg monarchist movements monarchists plantinum jubilee politics portugal prince harry queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal ancestry spanish royal family speech st edward swedish queen taiwan thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×